New icebox security has a lot of closed rooms without scrubbers.

Mapping Ideas and Sprite Galleries
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

New icebox security has a lot of closed rooms without scrubbers.

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #638665

It is annoying to fix where there is an atmos problem and very easy to sabotage. Maybe a good thing? I don't know just wanted to point it out.
box.PNG
box2.PNG
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Re: New icebox security has a lot of closed rooms without scrubbers.

Post by san7890 » #638668

I dunno- these rooms are quite small and insignificant enough (hallways) where they don't really require having their own atmospherics machinery... Might have been intentional but I don't think it's fundamentally "wrong", but it could also just work to slap a few in there.

Basically, I could take it or leave it. If you want to get into mapping, this might be a good first project. I wrote an A-Z guide here (still working on porting this to the wiki): https://tgstation13.download/dip/discordimageproxy.php/attachments/ ... n_mark.pdf .

After all, 95% of the time, if you want a change, it migtht never happen unless you do it yourself.
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #638691

san7890 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:23 pm I dunno- these rooms are quite small and insignificant enough (hallways) where they don't really require having their own atmospherics machinery... Might have been intentional but I don't think it's fundamentally "wrong", but it could also just work to slap a few in there.
If you greenlight it, I'm down to add those to the brig, at least. Would you want scrubbers only, scrubbers-vent pairs, or what?

OH and while I'm thinking about those rooms, does that one APC at the back of the medical brig still have no wire leading to it? I can get that too while I'm at it.

Make it a quick Security fix(?) thing so they have less chance to need things done by atmotechs and engineers because of weird roundstart layouts.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #638696

Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:52 am
If you greenlight it, I'm down to add those to the brig, at least. Would you want scrubbers only, scrubbers-vent pairs, or what?

OH and while I'm thinking about those rooms, does that one APC at the back of the medical brig still have no wire leading to it? I can get that too while I'm at it.

Make it a quick Security fix(?) thing so they have less chance to need things done by atmotechs and engineers because of weird roundstart layouts.
There's no need to "greenlight" anything as far as station-side content is concerned, those are always fine. We don't truly "control" the maps with iron fists (although it may seem this way at times), just help herd mappers to ensure that the maintained quality of the map doesn't go down and try and keep the broad picture in mind for small-scope changes. Iffyness always floats around in regards to Space Ruins/Away Missions (hence: ask maptainers if you're unsure), and outright new stations (always ask maptainers), but I think we on the team would much rather just do stuff rather than wait for our greenlighting (or lack of relevant issues) for simple mapping changes. Everything'll get shaken out in the Pull Request process if we like it/don't like it. Just wanted to say that right now so that you were aware (if you were not already) as well as whoever lurks these parts is also aware.

If you were concerned because I was a bit wishy-washy on the subject, just go ahead and add those vents+scrubbers in. I don't think the armory's hallway will need it's own air alarm (no wallspace to place it sanely), but you might want to look into adding one for the security outpost's connector? I'm not sure what you mean about the APC, but that would also be nice to get fixed if there is an issue. If something doesn't particularly look good, I'll just point you in the right direction. Best of luck.
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #638710

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/66511

Mirroring from the PR:

I did NOT put any on on the bridge because the bridge just feels, to me, like it's supposed to be sketchy, precarious, and prone to problems. Nothing but R-glass to each side and below you separating you from a swim in the plasma lake, and all that.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo