IceBoxStation's Icemoon Shorelines Exit Poll

Mapping Ideas and Sprite Galleries

In the last four-five days, have you seen a change in the number of hostile IceBox fauna on-station?

No, I have never noticed this behavior.
50%
No, the amount of hostile fauna on-station is about the same (no change).
10%
Yes, I have. The number of fauna is less than I remember.
40%
Yes, I have. The number of fauna is more than I remember.
No votes

Total votes: 10

san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

IceBoxStation's Icemoon Shorelines Exit Poll

Post by san7890 » #643966

Hey there,

One of the biggest complaints I've heard about IceBoxStation is that we've been having way too many monsters (that are only made to be killed with mining weaponry) get on station and wreak complete havoc on populations nearly incapable of dealing with the situation. I toyed around with a few things, until I eventually settled on the Icemoon Shorelines. You can read more about it here: https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/67494

However, fast summary: It adds about a 4-5 tile gap between the station and the plasma rivers/chasms that should greatly reduce the number of mobs that get near to the station, while still having some level of cave generation. While the results on my local testing have been promising as well as what I've seen in my limited experience on production servers, I wanted to see if you guys have noticed anything in regards to it. Hence, a small poll. It would also be of some help if you would comment your thoughts on this as well.

One thing that I won't be writing in the poll but will be mentioning here is that I've noticed more mobs build up outside the shoreline in odd clusters. I'm not really sure why this is (weird Cellular Automata generation?), but I was wondering if you guys have plunged four-five tiles in and got immediately greeted by like 15 spawners or something. It shouldn't be too likely. If it does turn out to be an issue, I'll probably expand the "shoreline" to encompass all areas underneath the station.

Please do keep in mind this was merged less than a week ago, so the poll results are only asking for experiences in the last four days. Please do heed this.

Fauna: Animals. Think polar bears, demonic icewatchers, wolves, and anything else that typically smashes in your windows while you're trying to grow a few crops. Try not to count assistants in this.
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
BrianBackslide
Byond Username: BrianBackslide

Re: IceBoxStation's Icemoon Shorelines Exit Poll

Post by BrianBackslide » #643985

I really haven't noticed much of a change in fauna, but then again I'm in the camp that wants more fauna attacking the station so I may be biased.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Re: IceBoxStation's Icemoon Shorelines Exit Poll

Post by Shadowflame909 » #643988

no more wolves attacking botany roundstart. so thats good!
► Show Spoiler