Mapping Ideas and Sprite Galleries
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

March into Mapness (Mapper March)

Post by Armhulen » #668547

The March into Mapness Event!

Hello, tg players and other forum-goers! Did you know that March into Mapness has started? Did you know further that means you can submit a mapping pr (fixes, features, changes, whatever) and the first one you submit will get you an ANTAG TOKEN? Until april, we're having a drive to recruit people who have never contributed more into the world of mapping, presenting resources guides, and even a channel just for supporting new mappers to make it as easy as possible to become a future contributor.

Join today! No competition, just have fun!
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Re: March into Mapness (Mapper March)

Post by Cheshify » #670664

Hey there! These are a number of maps I've seen during the March Into Mapness event from new or returning mappers that I really think exemplify our community's level of creativity. Massive shout out to all of the people below, as well as anyone not featured in this quick little post!

---------------------------------------

Creator: Theduffelbag
Icemap Ruin - Smoking Room
This currently merged ruin is a fantastic example of the simple worldbuilding that can be done through mapping. It's a great map I could say plenty about, but I'd advise just finding it yourself on the ice-planet surface to avoid any spoilers!

Creator: Astrogem2
Space Ruin - Crashed Shuttle
I'm a huge fan of this space ruin. It's a fun nod to a popular game while making sense within the context of ss13's world, and I'd love to see more from this first-time mapper! We absolutely need more of these bite-sized ruins for exploration.

Creator: Rex9001
Space Ruin - The Faceoff
This is a high quality piece of mapping for a first-timer. They do a great job with creating this really brutal scene that space explorers can explore, and you can really visualize how the fight went down from the design work put into this.

Creator: LordVollkorn
Space Ruin - Traveler's Rest
I love how unconventional this little piece of mapping is, both in design and in purpose. Instead of the traditional ruin, it's more of a pit stop for weary wanderers. There's some really nice decal work on the floors of this mini-station, and the overall design is cozy AND functional.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: March into Mapness (Mapper March)

Post by Armhulen » #675133

March into Mapness has now concluded! Thanks to everyone who participated. Expect a much flashier post from Chesh, I'm just making it clear the event is over!