Birdboatstation (No longer maintained)

Mapping Ideas and Sprite Galleries
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Birdboatstation (No longer maintained)

Post by Tokiko2 » #106111

A tiny station map I've been working on. It's meant to be an alternative to ministation so the ideal playercount is 5-30 but could go slightly higher.

The map is included with /tg/ code as of now!

Picture of the map

Mining: http://i.imgur.com/kXXguMf.png

The map is around the same size as ministation. Areas are easier to break into compared to the other maps and areas are more public in general. Maint is spacious and there should be plenty of opportunity to run or hide. This station is also a deathtrap. There are plenty of rooms that can kill you and maint is full of useful stuff for traitors. The map was designed and balanced around low-midpop in mind and won't work well with higher populations.

Special stuff:
Engineering features two engines: A TEG and a supermatter engine. You can run either engine, or both at the same time! You can even dump all the excess heat/plasma into the TEG heater. The minimal effort setup takes only 1 minute!
Xenobio gets a special xeno zoo. Scientists can put their cute, docile pets in there or abuse it to easily get their slime armies into the main areas of the station.
This map has a custom mining z-level. It's a small asteroid field next to a larger rock. The large asteroid has monsters but ores are more common while the smaller asteroids are rather safe and contain less ores.

Like ministation, many jobs are removed and combined. I tried not to remove job features like ministation did with the AI, robotics or virology, though this map does not have a toxins lab. Here's a picture of the avaible jobs at roundstart: http://i.imgur.com/3cmigJ9.png

Guides:
How to set up the supermatter engine: http://i.imgur.com/60NJiY6.png
Last edited by Tokiko2 on Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:55 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Re: Birdboatstation (Unfinished)

Post by Scones » #106118

Could it be? Something to finally lay Ministation into the grave?
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #106130

You are doing god's work, my friend. How about dual turbines for the power source?
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #106138

When I read "boat" I expected it to be something as tiny as the Bearcat.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #106173

Looks interesting, although I am noting a distinct lack of parrot spawns. EDIT: And no singularity? Come on, how can you not have a supermatter and a singularity?
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #106305

Gun Hog wrote:Looks interesting, although I am noting a distinct lack of parrot spawns. EDIT: And no singularity? Come on, how can you not have a supermatter and a singularity?
Singulo would eat a small station in less than a minute. Supermatter is total overkill too in my opinion. A combination of turbines and solars is the best option.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #106464

Engine sabotage is kind of half the fun of playing engi, and nine tenths of the fun of playing antag engi.

Supermatter putting a massive hole into the station? Enough fun for everyone!

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Tokiko2

Post by Tokiko2 » #106589

Here's my reasoning for why I did and why I didn't add each engine:

TEG: A nice and safe engine that gives engineers plenty of ways to optimize it and further increase the power output. I think that engineering projects that actually pay off like this are a good thing for lower pop maps since the rounds tend to be longer.
Supermatter: My main reason for including this engine is the fact that it's nicely dangerous but not nearly as destructive as the singulo engine. It also produces plasma and heat which can be used in the TEG heating chamber.

Singulo: Way, way too destructive for the effort it takes to sabotage it in lowpop.
Solars: Too boring, atleast the way it's implemented on the main maps. I like ministation's variation where you'ren give assembly crates instead and I'm considering adding these too.
Turbine: This engine is very unreliable and I had them glitch multiple times during my tests. Would also require to either waste a lot of gasses or force me to add a way to recycle the gasses and I don't really want to bloat the size of atmos anymore.

Speaking of engineering, here's a redesign: http://i.imgur.com/6t2oC3D.png

I've moved the supermatter engine north so that you won't start hallucinating when you just want to get to atmos. The supermatter engine will now dump its plasma and co2 into the heating chamber of the TEG. I've also added micro atmos which should allow you to do anything you can do with atmos on the regular maps, except for the ability to recycle gasses from the wasteloop(I don't think anyone actually uses this feature). There's no airmixing either, though engineers can easily lay down a few pipes and add that feature themselves. It's what the extra space is for anyway.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #106609

Be careful of too many windows.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #106692

I agree with Scones. Windows in the little hallways through space are kinda cool but putting them in every single room is a bit superfluous. You shouldn't be able to see into every room.

http://imgur.com/LcXS1My

Replace all the windows in the red boxes with regular walls and you'll be in much better shape.
Tokiko2

Post by Tokiko2 » #107142

Here's an update: http://i.imgur.com/uiTEOgL.png

Amount of windows slighty reduced. Hydro, chem, R&D, genetics and security are going to get shutters for their windows soon. I do want to keep windows on the module bridges, in xenobio and in viro though.

A bit of progress this time. Security, medbay, service and command areas are almost done. Tool storage also has a slighty different look now. Maint rooms are planned out too. I'll try to give most maint rooms its own function/theme instead of having generic rooms, so if you have an idea for a maint room, please share!

No doors yet, those are going to be added at the very end.
Tokiko2

Post by Tokiko2 » #108641

More progress: http://i.imgur.com/OwCaxOc.jpg
(Excuse the poor image quality, the image hosting service seems to hate larger pictures)

I guess it's nearing completition. Only a few rooms are still in progress. Maint rooms are done. Plenty of items and machines added to maint to help traitors do more creative things. Doors, APCs, air alarms and atmos pipes, disposal pipes, cameras and lights go last.

Engineering received another redesign. Here's a zoomed picture so you can see the pipe layout better: http://i.imgur.com/6jHzHYO.png

Pipes got moved around to add a lot of options to the engine. Coolant can now be pumped in and out of every loop by default and there's a few options to dump gasses in the heating chamber or directly outside now. An important addition is the ability to move O2 directly to the supermatter engine because that increases the power output. Brave engineers and traitors can also disconnect the cooling array from the supermatter, allowing them to have the shard go critical.

Solars have been added, kind of. There's a large catwalk area in the north of engineering and plenty of crates with solar building supplies. If you want solar power, better get working. There's airlocks nearby and the main power cables are already laid out.

Despite how complex it may appear, the engine can be started with minimal required effort: Fill 5 radiation collectors, press 1 button, turn on 1 pump and activate 1 emitter. That's very inefficient but it should produce just enough power to keep the station running. Perfect for when there's no engineers and you don't feel the need for more energy.
Tokiko2

Re: Birdboatstation (Alpha)

Post by Tokiko2 » #110499

Slightly outdated picture of current version: http://i.imgur.com/gXUF9RN.jpg Just imagine it fully wired and lit up.

Progress!
The map is playable! The only remaining things are atmos pipes, the centcom Z-level and a few custom map override things.
Here's the supermatter engine in action. When the crystal glows orange, it means that the gas in the chamber is almost perfect. I've timed it: It takes less than 1 minute to set up the engine to power the station. Perfect for lowpop.

This station also has a custom mining z-level.

Picture of the tiny mining base: http://i.imgur.com/ZTxO4KO.png
Minimap as generated ingame: http://i.imgur.com/kXXguMf.png

It's inspired by the ministation mining level which sadly is rather hard to access because it's in space and has no shuttle that moves there. The large asteroid has monsters and rare ores while the surrounding tiny asteroids are safe but contain fewer ores.
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #110541

this station actually looks interesting and not horribly bland, unlike ministation.

have all of my :+1:s, friend, you are doing god's work.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Eaglendia
Byond Username: Eaglendia

Post by Eaglendia » #110550

Looks like you're not too far off now. I'd love to see this running on Basil for a while when you get it done.
╔═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
Millian MacTavish • Braids Grenades • Eliott Graves • Tyrell Stone
In-game trialmin; certified boomer.
Be rational, be responsible, and be excellent to eachother.
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
Trialmin ReviewAlways better, never perfect.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #110551

Oh god is there no detective? Can you at least have the detective suit and noir suit in the brig somewhere?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #110592

It may just be me but, I think the Upload is too vulnerable, especially when you consider how much power an antag gets when they get Godmode from the AI which is what you want to avoid on a small-ish station.
To explain what I mean, the Upload consoles are right up against an R-Wall which is not so bad, but, if you decon that and have a Hacked module you don't even have to contend with the AI's turrets or set off any motion-alarms if you get it just right. Granted deconning an R-Wall is lengthy and time consuming but since it's in the Command area and isolated from regular crew members, there will be likely only be the Head roles and the silicons themselves with a chance at spotting at them.

I'd personally add a space moat between the R-wall and a flash/Liquid Dispenser in the Upload itself as a last resort for the AI if it loses it's turrets in a vain attempt to slow intruders down.
Tokiko2

Post by Tokiko2 » #111533

Wyzack wrote:Oh god is there no detective? Can you at least have the detective suit and noir suit in the brig somewhere?
The detective has an office in the south part of the brig.
Anonmare wrote:It may just be me but, I think the Upload is too vulnerable, especially when you consider how much power an antag gets when they get Godmode from the AI which is what you want to avoid on a small-ish station.
I agree with this. Here's the changed upload from the last test:

I'm currently trying out having the station without scrubbers and vents in every room like other stations. This means that the AI cannot easily destroy the entire station with plasma in seconds and plasma floods from engineers require them to fill canisters instead. I've done a bit of testing and it seems pretty balanced so far, I'll run a few more tests with actual players on my server in the coming few days before I decide if I really want to keep it this way though. Note that this station does have some special equipment to deal with atmos issues, like large range portable scrubbers and high volume airpumps.

Don't think this station is overly safe though. There's a lot of deathtraps and stuff that antags can use in a creative way. I'll post more on that some other time.

Actual progress: Shuttles now work, events work, I've been fixing a lot of bugs and other mapping problems that appeared during testing. If you added cameras, this station would be completely finished at this point, though I'd like to pretty up some areas, code some custom stuff and test out some balance related stuff before releasing this.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #111535

Well, with this current upload, you can just gun down the turrets from either angle without packing even an RCD.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #112061

Yeah, those windows are going to block stunbolts so you can just laser the turrets from behind the windows.
Apart from that it's pretty well-designed imo.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #112066

I like that you've used the underused stairs.
I don't like that how you have them set up at the moment is an impossible space, you have stairs leading up to a room, but if you go around the stairs you can get into the same room without ever meeting another set of stairs, meaning this room is both raised up AND at the same level.

that's just me being nitpicky though.
私は完璧
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #112068

nah the floor is just sloped slightly in other areas.
Tokiko2

Post by Tokiko2 » #112613

Here is the picture of the new upload:

Yes, the stair thing bugs me aswell but there are sadly no sideways stair icons ingame. The other floors are supposed to be very slightly sloped.

I'd like to show what custom code this station adds too. The first one is the new job stuff mostly taken from ministation that combines many jobs together.
Here's a picture of all the roundstart jobs avaible:

The second thing is a special recycler. The one on this map starts out emagged and cannot be moved or deconstructed. Did I mention that all disposal bins(except the ones in xeno) lead to the recycler with no mailroom inbetween? Now you have another good way to use the environment for traitorous things. To balance things out a bit, the recycler only does 120 brute and will not destroy all of the victims items so suit sensors can still save someone. It also dumps all the remains in a waste room in maint instead of spacing them with a massdriver. Note that this does not change the recyclers science can build.

The third addition are station bounced radios in every survival box, the thing that starts in your backpack. I really dislike the wall mounted ones as they allow you to radio for help, even when restrained. You'll still have a way to yell for help when stuck while comms are down, but if an antag chooses to take away your radio and trap you somewhere, then you'll be trapped for good. Now maybe the maroon objective will actually be possible without murder.

There's also custom code to make tcomms and the TEG work but that isn't really a feature or fun for anyone.

Progress: At this point, the station is done. I'll still go over some super minor things but I'll upload the map in the next few days. I've tested quite a lot already though, even nukeops and gang mode works. Let's hope that no new issues pop up when other people get to play on this.

Also, the main post was updated with pictures of the whole map in the current state.
Stan_Studnick
Byond Username: Stan_Studnick

Post by Stan_Studnick » #113618

Tokiko2 wrote:I really dislike the wall mounted ones as they allow you to radio for help, even when restrained. You'll still have a way to yell for help when stuck while comms are down, but if an antag chooses to take away your radio and trap you somewhere, then you'll be trapped for good. Now maybe the maroon objective will actually be possible without murder.
Does it really make sense for there to be no intercom system on a space station of any size?

They should definitely be in the main areas because they do let you hear the radio if you've had your headset removed or it's malfunctioning and can't get a new one.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #113624

Hence the bounced radio that starts in your internals box
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #113743

I'm not sure if this would be the map to implement it in, but what if instead of miners you had salvagers that stripped apart a derelict station or ship and dumped the parts into a recycler for materials?
Stan_Studnick
Byond Username: Stan_Studnick

Post by Stan_Studnick » #114281

Wyzack wrote:Hence the bounced radio that starts in your internals box
Yes, I can read. It still doesn't make sense that there wouldn't be any intercom terminals anywhere on a space station.
Tokiko2

Post by Tokiko2 » #116697

Luke Cox wrote:I'm not sure if this would be the map to implement it in, but what if instead of miners you had salvagers that stripped apart a derelict station or ship and dumped the parts into a recycler for materials?
Sounds like an interesting idea but it would probably require a bit of complex coding, sadly not what I am capable of. I did leave plenty of space in the mining z-level to add something like a derelict station though.

I was planning to have this released already but there have been several refactor PRs that change a lot of paths and there are several others upcoming so I'll wait until those are done because each of these being merged would break the map. On the upside, several code related bugs that broke stuff on this map have been fixed.
Tokiko2

Post by Tokiko2 » #117630

Download avaible now!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/y3bud ... Beta01.rar
Despite calling this a beta, this map should be pretty much finished, just not tested enough. Even the highpop gamemodes should work on this map(codewise atleast, balance is another thing). Please report all bugs you find and post any suggestions you have.

Also, since this map is pretty much the first map on tgcode that comes with a roundstart supermatter engine, here's some basic instructions on how to start it without causing it to go critical:
http://i.imgur.com/60NJiY6.png

Note that this is the minimal setup. For a safer engine that produces more power, try to keep the supermatter chamber filled with cooled, pure o2. You'll know you're doing it right when the shard turns orange. Filling the plasma tanks will also increase the power output but won't make it any more safe.
sirnat
Byond Username: Sirnat

Re: Birdboatstation (Beta, download avaible)

Post by sirnat » #117634

Can you try to get this to be ran on a test run on Sybil? Or is it preferred for bagil
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #117699

I do not think such a small station would be able to handle sybil's population. However i would really like to see this on Basil ASAP
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #117840

Wyzack wrote:I do not think such a small station would be able to handle sybil's population. However i would really like to see this on Basil ASAP
Basil is what this map is targeted as, I believe. MSO is working on an automatic map rotation system for Sybil.
Tokiko2

Post by Tokiko2 » #118207

If you would like this on Basil, you should probably let MSO know, I am neither involved with hosting or adminstration. For Sybil you really should wait until the mapvote/rotate things are done because running this with 40+ players is asking for disaster, there's not even enough jobslots avaible. Though if there is interest, I could add some experimental higher pop version with more jobslots and a few of the super dangerous things removed.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #118396

Tokiko2 wrote:If you would like this on Basil, you should probably let MSO know, I am neither involved with hosting or adminstration. For Sybil you really should wait until the mapvote/rotate things are done because running this with 40+ players is asking for disaster, there's not even enough jobslots avaible. Though if there is interest, I could add some experimental higher pop version with more jobslots and a few of the super dangerous things removed.
This map is ideal for basil. I can't fathom how Metastation is anywhere near playable with 15 or so people
Tokiko2

Post by Tokiko2 » #119024

Map updated: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1031e ... Beta02.rar

Compiles again. Added a xenobio medical room for surgery and another maint entrance and corridor for more traitoring fun. Also some very minor kitchen changes.
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #119132

Pirou (655) MrStonedOne: <Miauw> you should testrun some of the new maps in the spriting and mapping section, ESPECIALLY birdboatstation for basil
MrStonedOne They need to be pr'ed, so I can just use that
MrStonedOne because of the whole live tracking from github thing, its not easy to make local changes
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #119143

Cant wait to play it. Still.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #119485

Luke Cox wrote: This map is ideal for basil. I can't fathom how Metastation is anywhere near playable with 15 or so people
I don't think you're qualified to say considering you don't play on Basil. Metastation has historically worked very well on Basil, and I think that larger maps scale well with lower pops just as they do with higher pops. Nevertheless I'm very excited to try something different for once, as we've been running Metastation for quite a while since Eff 3.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #119488

Bawhoppennn wrote:
Luke Cox wrote: This map is ideal for basil. I can't fathom how Metastation is anywhere near playable with 15 or so people
I don't think you're qualified to say considering you don't play on Basil. Metastation has historically worked very well on Basil, and I think that larger maps scale well with lower pops just as they do with higher pops. Nevertheless I'm very excited to try something different for once, as we've been running Metastation for quite a while since Eff 3.
Maybe so, but Box with 15 people feels dead and Meta in general feels so much more spacious.
allura
Byond Username: Allura

Post by allura » #119493

Originally I didn't want to post on this thread because your station didn't impress or disgust me enough to enthrall me to tear into it, but now that you're pr'd the map like it's some finished or even passable product, I'm going to tell you what needs fixing.

The spider pit is completely hideous and there for no reason. I haven't read this thread so I don't know if it's gone, or if someone else has commented how shitty it is, but it's truly godawful. It isn't needed. It's just an ugly chunk full of aggressive mobs that really serves no purpose other than flavor, but the flavor is that of shit. Really gross, nugget-y shit.

There are insane amounts of totally identical plants around each other, most offensively in places like the left of botany and the tiny crevice below that. The result is something that genuinely looks like the brainchild of autism. It's aesthetically devastating to look at, there in all honesty should never be more than one or two (different) plants in a room at the same time, and if placed in a hallway, keep them pretty far apart.

Speaking of the strange sandy area near botany, what is it for? It's incredibly ugly and I don't see the point for its existence other than, oh wow, flavor. But it's, again, gross and unpalatable flavor. Why not replace it with a small construction area, or something else that serves a point and isn't downright fucking ugly?

Engineering is quite large for such a small station. Looking over your setup for the engine, my best suggestion here to to totally remove the TEG and dedicate the area to a nicer containment for the SM. The SM is a very fussy engine and it would be good to give it breathing room, so having that entire room just for it would be nicer. Although it's a terrible engine that wasn't ported very well, it actually can power a station. The TEG, on the other hand, is damn near impossible to do much anything with now that atmos has been majorly overhauled since Ministation's inception.

The arrivals shuttle being so fat isn't very nice to look at. You could reduce it further in size and still provide all needed wardrobes, or, better yet, move the wardrobes into the hallway just outside so you don't have such an ugly arrivals.

You should totally flip chemistry turnways, so its table is directly next to RnD. This would mean that, instead of someone having to leave their post, the chemist can just throw over a beaker of acid to their desk. That's a nice thing.

All the conveyor shit in cargo is enraging to look at. No one will need that much shit all over the place, and it takes up a huge amount of room. Also, the weird line of colored tiles is very ugly, and it should just not be a thing at all.

Your maintenance is incredibly crowded for a ministation, I've no clue why you put so many things in it, it's Efficiency Station 1 tier of derelict. I suggest you instead put more storage rooms containing materials that may be hard to obtain to an average assistant there, that way when there's 3-4 people playing and no engineer, you aren't up a creek.

Could you maybe give a little bit more of a foundation for solar panels? Although there's definitely stuff there, it isn't nearly enough. My suggestion is instead making a broken one that produces minimal power by default but has enough space to power the station alone.

Why is there a fucking fauna storage full of potted plants? Please, just completely excise that location. I understand that you may like potted plants, but given 99% of the map is covered in identical potted-fucking-plants, I think it's kind of immodest to assume people will love them nearly enough to use more than 2 of those things. Really, you could have just place a 3x3 room in maintenance (as opposed to another fucking derelict bar) with 6 potted plants, that would have been awesome.

Your use of stairs is pretty erroneous. Look at the theatre, for example. You walk up stairs to enter it, then you can go into maintenance, and exit back to the same hallway you came from... except now you don't go down stairs. That's bad use of stairs. Speaking of the theatre, the single wooden floor in the maintenance above it is awful, don't do that.

How is that gravity generator going to stay powered without a SMES? Also, about power, there doesn't seem to be even one pacman on the entire station, which means in order to generate power you're absolutely required to go through the pain of either setting up the SM, TEG, or build a solar. That's an incredibly arduous process, especially for a lowpop map.

Finally, the entire map is surrounded in various debris like catwalks and lattices. With that, you went entirely too far. You need to tone that down and have significantly less catwalks and lattices. It's pretty ugly.

P.S. The janitor's room is bigger than the EVA, the kitchen, the HoP's room, the captain's room, and a lot of other small rooms. That's insane, and I don't think that it's good space allocation. Sorry.
Tokiko2

Post by Tokiko2 » #119740

Thanks for the feedback allura. Thankfully most of the stuff you said was missing/non fuctional or purposeless does actually exist, works fine and has a purpose, atleast in the current version.

Speaking of current versions, since I've put up the map on git, I'm going to upload most of the changes there for now.
https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/11829 Here's the PR.
https://github.com/Tokiko1/-tg-station/ ... tation-b03 And here is the branch with all the map files.

Changes in the current version:
Adds two of the new autorifles to the armory.
Adds a sink to genetics so you can actually get a monkey from the monkey cube box. Or clean your clothes if you have just been cloned.
Adds a few more mirrors.
Bunch of minor stuff like some floor fixes.
Tokiko2

Post by Tokiko2 » #121511

There's been 2 updates recently. Do note that by now the picture in the starting post is rather outdated.

Added station blueprints to the vault. This is a bugfix because it made some steal objectives impossible!
Removed the extra supermatter shard crate in engineering. Some previous updates to the code broke it and I found it too destructive to keep around. Note that the roundstart one in engineering is special and anchored to the floor.
Fixed the numbers in the names of the 3 unique monkeys.
Added the gateway to the station. Server admins can now use away missions. This also means that the swarmer random event will spawn a shell in there.
As part of the above, north eastern maint has been slightly redesigned. Picture: http://i.imgur.com/y9M7FHH.png
Added a 1 in 11 chance for a voodoo doll to spawn inside the gateway room.
Added a 1 in 41 chance for a slaughter demon bottle to spawn in the maint medical room. Might make this more common if people find it fun.
Added some asteroid rock to the hull of the station. The reason for this is that the meteor random event used to destroy the station quite badly due to its smaller size. Many areas still don't have any protection, this is just to protect a few certain areas. Most notable locations: The xeno research chamber(the north is still vulnerable though), the atmos section of engineering, the AI sat(the western side facing engineering is not covered, allowing for easy entering with bombs) and the gravity gen area. This should not affect any but one unfinished solars structures, and even that one just slightly. Note that these rocks do not contain any minerals.
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #123700

>chance for a slaughter demon bottle to spawn
NO. NO. NO.
There are things that should not be added to maps for regular crew members to have access to.
Tokiko2

Post by Tokiko2 » #123829

Could you please elaborate why you dislike that?

Is it because of you being concerned of non-antags using it? People using it to validhunt? Slaughter demons becoming too common? I've not had these experiences on my server, but I'll probably remove the spawner as it doesn't add much to the map anyway since it's super rare.

There has been an update lately, bunch of stuff updated, some more exits added to a few rooms, medbay maint connected to science maint and cardboard boxes added to maint. Too lazy to take screenshots of it now, I'll post some once the next one is done.
duncathan
Byond Username: Dunc
Github Username: duncathan

Post by duncathan » #124159

Some of the maps in rotation have active turfs at roundstart. This is a mapping error caused by a difference of the air between the adjacent turfs. There will be a big #WARNING message at roundstart telling you how many there are and how to find them (the verb it mentions is a debug verb; make sure to use the "Debug verbs" verb in the Debug panel so that it's visible). Make sure you fix these and PR it.

If, when you compile, it says that there are exactly 31 active turfs at roundstart, PLEASE tell me. There is a critical atmos runtime happening on that map and I need to know which map it is so I can fix it.
Players can and will create their own fun.
Tokiko2

Post by Tokiko2 » #124243

Pretty sure this map is not in rotation sadly.

Newest update:

Removed the slaughterdemon bottle spawner.
Added a powerstation to maint! Comes almost wired. The only thing that is wired are the grilles so you better be careful.
Here is a picture: http://i.imgur.com/FxfRhBI.png

Here are also some more areas that have been changed but I simply didn't bother posting pictures of:

This is the new medbay maint area, you can now enter easily into science maint without having to deal with cameras: http://i.imgur.com/KNRECEk.png

This one is a bit old but I didn't show it off yet: It's the plant/art/tool storage room. There's 3 of every kind of canvas in that box, as well as 3 rainbow crayons for drawing: http://i.imgur.com/iP7i3tQ.png
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Re: Birdboatstation (Done!)

Post by Incoming » #124381

it's not in rotation because apparently it doesn't compile (which is a pretty critical problem)

Update your branch to master and see what the conflict is.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #124389

It's been merged and is in the rotation now.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #124975

ayy lmao there's complaints about this map in #coderbus

ill sum them up:
1. no newscasters, extinguishers, or intercomms
2. random OP admin-only items scattered about that really shouldnt be there, like the mindflayer or combat defib. pls dont do this.

E:
apparently there's a fucking emag in the armory, cut that shit out.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #125035

On basil we so rarely have anything interesting to do that having these OP items around will hopefully allow us to do more interesting things. I really doubt that this will win any votes on Sybi due to what i assume will be a population maximum, but maybe if word spreads it might because it is fun. This is a game after all, who gives a shit about balance if people are having fun?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster