Mapping Ideas and Sprite Galleries
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Efficiency V3

Post by lzimann » #150010

Post your feedbacks about the map here.

Full map image: Link
Last edited by lzimann on Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Re: Efficiency V3

Post by ShadowDimentio » #150021

>Map thread
>No picture

I give this thread a Fuck Up Rating of Chernobyl.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
WJohnston
Byond Username: WJohnston

Post by WJohnston » #150022

Map:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/128 ... tation.png

Don't mind the missing pipes in maintenance that's fixed.
Apparently I was an director or something.
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #150029

WJohnston wrote:Map:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/128 ... tation.png

Don't mind the missing pipes in maintenance that's fixed.
I've got a few comments, though these are mostly from gameplay stance rather than map making stance.

Why is the mining shuttle so god damn far from Cargo?

The ORM dumps straight into Robotics/RnD. What happens when Engineering, Cargo, Bartender or anyone else who would have access needs something but Sci isn't around or refuses to share?

Bartender has no office. Has to compete with Pete/Chef for his shotgun.

Armory might be a little TOO secure (Warden office, Captain Office, HoS office and Brig cells on all sides)

Why is Prim Tool Storage and Aux Tool Storage literally across the hall from each other? Shouldn't these be spread out a bit more?

Gravity generator with maint tunnels around it... not sure how well the R wall stop the radiation but even a non-cap bomb could ruin it.

AI core only supports 1 AI.

Are those Grills between MedChem and RnD shocked?

What is going on in Xenobio top left cell?
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #150033

Yep it's not box and therefore is bad
WJohnston

Post by WJohnston » #150037

Davidchan wrote:Why is the mining shuttle so god damn far from Cargo?
Because the whole entire gimmick of all three efficiency station maps was to have mining centralized, so it can deposit its things directly onto R&D, robotics, mining etc.
Davidchan wrote:The ORM dumps straight into Robotics/RnD. What happens when Engineering, Cargo, Bartender or anyone else who would have access needs something but Sci isn't around or refuses to share?
This design went back before the ORM existed, so it wasn't quite built in mind with having science be forced to hand out their minerals. On the other hand, cargo/bartender etc do not tend to request things from mining very much, and they're all very close by so it's not very hard to do.
Davidchan wrote:Bartender has no office. Has to compete with Pete/Chef for his shotgun.
Bartender and chef share the same backrooom, and both can enter the kitchen to help with meals.
Davidchan wrote:Armory might be a little TOO secure (Warden office, Captain Office, HoS office and Brig cells on all sides)
Sorta just happened while making the layout. It's also slightly countered in that it's very close to escape/arrivals, so it's only a very short space walk to reach compared to box or metastation's huge walk.
Davidchan wrote:Why is Prim Tool Storage and Aux Tool Storage literally across the hall from each other? Shouldn't these be spread out a bit more?
Sorta just happened into place. They're not exactly far from eachother on box, either.
Davidchan wrote:Gravity generator with maint tunnels around it... not sure how well the R wall stop the radiation but even a non-cap bomb could ruin it.
More death by radiation is fine by me. The grav gen is already extremely easy to destroy, bomb or not, so it's not a big downgrade.
Davidchan wrote:AI core only supports 1 AI.
It supports 3, look again.
Davidchan wrote:Are those Grills between MedChem and RnD shocked?
They are not.
Davidchan wrote:What is going on in Xenobio top left cell?
That's the xenobio cold room, meant for killing slimes. Xenobio received this and the xenobio consoles on all maps, so I'm just doing the same thing. It has exposure to space to handle the cooling.
Sebro
Byond Username: Sebro

Post by Sebro » #150043

There's no soda or booze dispenser, in the bar. That's not intentional is it? Since, well, those things have quite a bit of importance to a barman.
WJohnston

Post by WJohnston » #150046

Oh, I must have forgotten to add those. This map was made before those were first added. I'll add those in the next update.
TheLongbowMan
Byond Username: TheLongBowMan

Post by TheLongbowMan » #150278

What about a gulag shuttle?
WJohnston

Post by WJohnston » #150313

I specifically did not add a gulag shuttle or a court room because those things are never, ever used.

No seriously no one uses them. You might say "but I use them!" but no, no one uses them nearly enough to even warrant existing. They're a waste of space that I'd frankly rather dedicate to making permabrig not super tucked away and impossible to ever be checked up on. The intent with my security's design is to make sure permabrig is very clear and visible to any officers who stroll around in their office, and having a gulag shoved somewhere in between while perma is put even further back would not be ideal.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #150317

Should be an O shape, not a U. maybe put a little hallway near escape or something.
WJohnston

Post by WJohnston » #150333

Why do you keep asking me this over and over, that's what efficiency station 2 was, and it was even more compact than this. I decided against it because it left no room for expansion or traitorous deeds. I had to trade off a bit of efficiency for gameplay.

Eff 2's map for anyone wondering
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #150335

Played a cult round on this station. Maints are so small, not interconnecting and lacking hiding places, that the only "good" hiding place I've found was between two airlocks in science maint. Got found out in two minutes by two separate people, because maints are so fucking shitty.

And no, before you ask, I don't only like box. I like birdboat too.
Bring back papercult.

WJohnston

Post by WJohnston » #150336

I plan to expand on maintenance for eff 3, yes. I know it's pretty terribly lacking around medsci, so I'll be adding to it.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #150341

My thoughts:
- Swap aux tool storage and teleporter, the latter needs a second entrance off the hall.
- If that happens, I'd recommend adding a second brig entrance + hallway that wraps around the teleporter room
- Do I dare ask for a route between perma lobby and the security holding area at escape? I do. Got a nice block of empty space to cram that hallway into.
- If you shifted hydroponics the right a few tiles, you could add a second path into the brig on the left side of the library AND open the brig cells to the public. Feels a little too secure at the moment.
- Add firelocks to: Vault Hallway, Engineering hallway near AI upload, research division internal hallway, more around the holodeck
- Dorms don't feel isolated enough. The glass wall south of the holodeck control room should be a solid wall. I'd make the northernmost wall of the holodeck a solid wall as well.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #150381

TrustyGun
Byond Username: TrustyGun

Post by TrustyGun » #150399

Things I like
Telecom Sat is cool and gives a much needed advantage to nuke ops on this map because of how compacted everything is

I love the bridge, It's very goon-esque

I love how compacted the station is, it would be great for med-pop player counts, like Basil now

Things I dislike
Science maint is stupid. For some reason, there is a water cooler directly in the one tile walkthough of maint, it's tiny and doesn't even have interesting loot. There is a lot of space you can use to improve on here

You can probably break the window from perma and spacewalk to escape without getting killed. ??? Remove the left two windows and add one to the right side, it will slightly increase the distance, making it harder to escape without getting injured

I like the design of the bridge, but having it easily be emaged directly though maint is probably a bad idea, because you can access the HoS's office, the Captain's office, and the HoP's office within seconds of each other.

Ian doesn't have a bed. 0/10
Usually Julian Mackabee or K.I.N.G
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #155883

There is only one main path through the station so a single well-placed bomb or other large-scale hazard can figuratively cut the station in half. Great map design.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #174298

Mapping issue detected; the HoS office doesn't have proper access set, it should have, like, whatever the HoS level is. As of now, the HoS can't access their own door.
RIP
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #196608

InsaneHyena wrote:Image

JUST
Bring back papercult.

lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #196916

Not a problem with map itself, something broke with shuttle rotations
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #196962

I have literally never seen this map not suffer powet failure. I think there is some sort of error in the wiring.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #196968

It might have the same issue disc had before it was removed where tons of wires are randomly missing which causes a billion breaks in the powernet
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster