MO19 V2: Electric boogaloo

Mapping Ideas and Sprite Galleries
WJohnston
Byond Username: WJohnston

MO19 V2: Electric boogaloo

Post by WJohnston » #157454

So this is a remake of moon outpost 19, a map that was sort of boring because there was a lack of much to do, or any loot to get. I have since remade the map completely and have been pretty close to completion, barring a holdup with xeno spawns.

The main differences between this and what it used to be are as follow:
-Actual player xenos (they can't leave on their own, not without human help).
-An absolute ton of xenos (30+, all players).
-Way bigger outpost
-Way more loot
-Required to go through the entire mission to leave (through the outpost AND the xeno nest).
-A shuttle you can use to leave the outpost with right away. For those who come in after the shuttle was taken, too bad! Can be flown to the station and other places.
-Hopefully more lore! (Need help here)

If you don't mind major spoilers, here is the map right now. Note that I have yet to severely damage it by xeno occupation, that will be relatively quick to do.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/128 ... utpost.png

There is also an absolutely huge xeno hive above that, but it is not shown in the pic.

MAIN THINGS I NEED HELP WITH:
-LORE: http://pastebin.com/eHw66QUa
I've had some stuff written up beforehand with other people on piratepad on all the loot, but the lore is very lacking right now. You can make suggestions using the characters and lore of the previous MO19, but the main points are:
1. The xenos are deep inside a cave. NT may have injected them in there to let them do their own thing.
2. The xenos cannot dig around the outpost, the rock is too solid.
3. The scientists have locked them in with their outpost, and are occasionally feeding them hosts and performing experiments on xenos in their own testing area.
4. Containment is actually pretty secure, but there was an oversight around the disposals area that let them melt their way in over time.
5. The entire station was overrun, but not all of it is covered in resin and weeds or damaged. Possibility for a spawner for a surviving crewmember somewhere.
The rest can be found in that pastebin.

-SPAWNERS: I need help from kor to create really customizable spawners, his migrant system. This is so I can add player xeno spawners throughout the mission for people to be spawned in as, I'll be talking to him directly on this. If anyone else wants to give this a shot, let me know on IRC.

Besides that, the map is basically ready to go, after a few relatively minor changes.
Apparently I was an director or something.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Re: MO19 V2: Electric boogaloo

Post by Anonmare » #157487

>Way more loot

What kind of loot? If it's just e-daggers, syndiballoons, chameleon clothing etc. then that's fine but Wiz stuff is a strict no-no.
*cough*mindswappingshadowlings*cough*
WJohnston
Byond Username: WJohnston

Post by WJohnston » #157504

No no, it's stuff like guns, spacesuits, and a full chem dispenser and a station to yourself and a shuttle you can fly around. Also, xenos, so that might be considered loot to some players (becoming a xeno or harvesting their organs).

Overall it's definitely going to be more dangerous than it's worth it, but if you're a god of robustness and the xenos literally just started playing ss13 you come out pretty wealthy.
Apparently I was an director or something.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #157515

Judging by the map, the old moon outpost was a little more open, smaller station. Seemed more desolate and spoopy. CO2 atmosphere was kind of nice.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #157532

Looks cool/10
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #157571

Make this a ministation alternative/10
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
kazeespada
Byond Username: Kaze Espada

Post by kazeespada » #157697

Don't even add xenos. Just add this version as the away mission.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #157821

Atlanta-Ned wrote:Make this a ministation alternative/10
Kinda, sorta, yeah.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler: