>turf refactor
>give up and start again
Spoiler:
the dark castle of securitas
Spoiler:
the western hold of the freeman settlement

>>current design issues
>how to integrate atmos into planet map
currently thinking of utility buildings outside a main complex that supply power/atmos to it, with the exception of the brig
>disposals
replaced by bins unless I make the utility buildings feature disposals as well. Not too keen on station wide disposals network

>>current implementation issues
>will be never finished
baseturfs need to be changed so bombs don't leave holes, lots of var-editing after everything is placed down, something about tag var needing to be wiped???

>>things that won't change
>head of staff offices go in the bridge now
i'm too lazy to fit the hos office in the security castle so it's now a thematic choice for head of staff offices to be in the bridge. How it affects steal objectives remains to be seen but will be handwaved as a thematic choice.
>security castle walls/bleak dungeons/no fun perma
git gud and don't get caught, the map when finished will be so easy to hide in if you get caught it's your fault. If you think you're going to get caught, use the wild expanse that covers the map to plan an escape route beforehand. I feel like there should be an easy way of gulagging people, and it would preferably be where the jetbike hangar is but it's a hard choice between sec jetbikes and an easy to access gulag option and jetbikes won for now.
>mulebot beacons
gone and will be replaced with single-shot shotguns and mailman uniforms for jmadison cargo to play armed cash-in-transit courier with
>old style windows
will never change, they're used in high security places to make it more annoying for people to break in
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: F2A1 map

Post by oranges » #187224

There are some changes in the pipeline for Lavaland atmos that might support your use case
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #187450

Yep! Basically I'll be making it so turfs can have planetary atmos, meaning it takes the initial_gas_mix and does a 1 way share with it, so that new air added/removed dissipates on each tile.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #187460

that's actually quite neat and makes atmos a lot more believable/viable, e.g. one plasma canister opened doesn't ruin the map forever with trace plasma everywhere

how will it work with creating new areas, say from a construction permit? as I plan to have a lot of those permits lying around randomly
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #187582

it will be mainly tied to the turf, so if there was a way for them to build a floor/plating, we could say that it also added the ceiling =)
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #187583

I will add a way to set baseturf on area/map so you don't have to manually edit everything.