AquaStation Development Thread

Mapping Ideas and Sprite Galleries

Would you be interested in an underwater version of SS13?

Yeah, it sounds awesome!
79%
Sure, mite b kewl.
15%
Indifferent either way.
No votes
Probably not, I don't like the sound of it.
No votes
This is worse than shadowling.
6%

Total votes: 33

Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

AquaStation Development Thread

Post by Xhuis » #187605

To put it simply, AquaStation is a work-in-progress underwater overhaul of SS13. I don't expect it to ever finish or even release, but it's something I'd like to do, so why not?

Rleveant links:
  • First, the GitHub repo for anyone to look at the code.
  • Here's a design document that I'll be working on as time passes and more progress is done.
  • I've set up a Trello so anyone can track where things are.
For the purposes of the BoxStation variant, the ocean around the station will count as deep water (~500 meters) and will only require a light dive suit to move through unaffected.
Last edited by Xhuis on Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:25 pm, edited 7 times in total.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Re: AquaStation: A brighter station, underwater

Post by ShadowDimentio » #187607

Do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #187609

Are you going to use atmospherics code to make water? This alone seems like a massive undertaking
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #187610

Wyzack wrote:Are you going to use atmospherics code to make water? This alone seems like a massive undertaking
Ocean tiles will likely not simulate atmospherics, counting for atmospherics purposes to simply have breathable air all the time that can't move from the tile. Water will be separate from atmospherics entirely.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #187611

Wyzack wrote:Are you going to use atmospherics code to make water? This alone seems like a massive undertaking
Spoiler:
Not a tough undertaking at all, this was 5 minutes of work like, 4 months ago.
Only didn't go forward with it as currently atmos speeds are for gases, water would move much faster.
私は完璧
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #187615

So the station will be able to flood with water? I think that if you can pull this off it will be fucking amazing
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #187616

I should note that, while I intend to do this, it will be a tremendous undertaking. This will take months.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #187619

Wyzack wrote:So the station will be able to flood with water? I think that if you can pull this off it will be fucking amazing
Considering people break outer windows for sport it will all end well.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #187620

A vaccumed room is probably always going to be worse than a room filled with water, even at very high pressure
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #187621

ShadowDimentio wrote:A vaccumed room is probably always going to be worse than a room filled with water, even at very high pressure
In the deepest reaches - say, over 1000 meters - that's quite untrue. Anything in the room will die instantly and the water will pour in at extreme speeds.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #187624

that would be pretty cool, at the very least adding the underwater system so people could make a station with it(or even to admins fuck around with)
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #187630

Nanotrasen Announces: I have no idea how we fucked up this badly but we flooded space
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #187636

ShadowDimentio wrote:A vaccumed room is probably always going to be worse than a room filled with water, even at very high pressure
Air can be replaced. And all you need is a bored antag with RCD to flood everything.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #187645

Lumbermancer wrote:
Air can be replaced. And all you need is a bored antag with RCD to flood everything.
There's going to be plenty of ways to get rid of excess water that's flooded everywhere. Difficulty, of course, depends on depth - at the deepest levels, it's going to be pretty much impossible, but only high-security areas are down that far.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #187707

In addition to the two standard air vents for letting out air and filtering out bad stuff respectively, there could be water pumps lining the floor that activate to remove water when dampened, along with portable pumps for larger breaches.

Atmos could finally have something to do by making sure the pumps work and stuff.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #187759

Syndicate:
Syndicate Shuttle is replaced with a Syndicate Submarine, instead of a drop pod they get a SDV

All the syndicate weapons need a gasket and ring system attachment to work underwater (gunsmithing when)
The normal red hardsuit and elite hardsuit are replaced with tactical dive gear and combat dive gear.
TDG gets you >1000 meters
CDG gets you >1500 meters

CDG is more heavily armored, obviously, but when you arent in water, it slows you down a fuck ton.
TDG is not as armored, and suffers no movement decrease when out of water.
Shielded versions are optional for both of them

Along with C4, Minibombs, and Full Syndicate bombs, (none of which will work underwater) they will be given hydrothermal bombs, which will basically be C4 that only works in water, to allow them to punch breaches in the hull through the outside of the station.
Could just use these sprites: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5434

Energy swords and energy shields wont work under water (short circuting or water evaporating and tearing it out of your hand)

Engineering:
More logically, instead of a singularity engine, a nuclear engine would better suit being under water (or the fancy heat exchange ones)
The nuclear engine will run a electrolysis system, which will seperate O2 and Hydrogen from water, and will use the hydrogen to run the reactor, and the O2 to run atmos. (more traitor sabotage targets)
There will be MUCH MUCH smaller O2 tanks, and the electrolysis system will start operational at round start. It'll be in one of the secure areas for engineering.

Welders wont work underwater, and are replaced with thermal lances, that draw from your tank of O2

Engineering will be incharge of killing big ass fauna that will probally be in the ocean, so there will be a speargun dispenser in the engineering room. Along with a fancy net gun for the CE

In relevancy to station design, it'll be seperated into 3 zlevels, that being habitation (500m), science (1000m), and secure (1500m).
Habitation will be basically the entire station, minus science, the armory, toxins, the reactor and the electrosynthesis system.
Science will contain a very large science wing, equipped to study fish and coral and shit
Secure will contain the armory, reactor, water-o2 seperator, and a small security outpost (theres also one on the habitation level)
Mining
Mining will need to be done on the ocean floor (2000m) which will only be reachable by mechs fitted with dive hulls.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #187773

Some other server was already doing an Underwater map. They put a test server up on the hub and post about it on digg occasionally.

Though if I have to ask, what's the point of an underwater station if it doesn't allow any greater freedom of movement than what we have now? Water will functionally be space breaches but just spreading slightly faster.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Nienhaus
Byond Username: Nienhaus2

Post by Nienhaus » #187810

Zilenan91 wrote:Some other server was already doing an Underwater map. They put a test server up on the hub and post about it on digg occasionally..
That is Europa. The main coder is on a break from Uni atm so we are about to start pushing out more updates.
Hey.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #187811

John_Oxford wrote:-snip-
Thanks for all the feedback! I plan to replace the Syndicate infiltrator with a submarine, yes, but I likely won't be doing any more changes in that regard besides a retheme, as the Box replacement is just a proof of concept. Mining will still be on lavaland. Fauna wan't be a problem unless you're at the extreme depths near Site Alpha, and each different area won't be separated by such a gigantic depth gap. Even if I wanted to, it's been made clear that multiple z-levels is bad and I'm not really allowed to do them.
Zilenan91 wrote:-snip-
I feel that an underwater setting allows for more freedom and creativity mechanically. It would make the game more interesting without completely changing its fundamentals, and that's why I want to do it.
As for the other server, I believe that's Europa, and it's pretty much dead as far as I know. Nonetheless, they're a Bay fork, and their code is likely different from ours regardless.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #187813

You said that that high-security areas are going to flood faster, how do you plan implenting this so the "deeper" area doesn't affect the less deep areas?
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #187814

Is there anything John_Shillford can't insert gunsmithing into?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #187828

lzimann wrote:You said that that high-security areas are going to flood faster, how do you plan implenting this so the "deeper" area doesn't affect the less deep areas?
Deep-sea water is simulated to be of lower depth, and this is the stuff that surrounds high-security areas (only in the new map, BoxStation revamp will just have slightly deep water everywhere). You can't move deep-sea water higher up due to to the way ocean tiles will work.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #187857

[youtube]sBjmtEpGl1Y[/youtube]
Bring back papercult.

Nienhaus
Byond Username: Nienhaus2

Post by Nienhaus » #187861

Xhuis wrote:
I believe that's Europa, and it's pretty much dead as far as I know. Nonetheless, they're a Bay fork, and their code is likely different from ours regardless.
But Europa isn't dead. I just said in the post above you what's going on.
Hey.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #187879

Nienhaus wrote:
Xhuis wrote:
I believe that's Europa, and it's pretty much dead as far as I know. Nonetheless, they're a Bay fork, and their code is likely different from ours regardless.
But Europa isn't dead. I just said in the post above you what's going on.
Didn't see your post, don't need to get hissy about it. If Europa isn't dead and there's actually some updates instead of silence for months, I'd be more than happy to leave it to you.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #187896

Are explosions in water gonna have colossal fuckin' wreck-your-shit pressure waves but not affect people not-in-water 'cause if so that is the tightest shit ever
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #187900

Screemonster wrote:Are explosions in water gonna have colossal fuckin' wreck-your-shit pressure waves but not affect people not-in-water 'cause if so that is the tightest shit ever
I don't know how explosions work underwater - probably not.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #187929

I coded water a while ago, see: remie richard's example. The difference is I made water non-transparent (until it floods a tile) and added overlays (using the fire mob overlay layer) to show that people were submerged: feet deep, waist deep, and finally flooded. It adds a lot of immersion if you're not drowning until there's enough water on the tile and the tile is hidden until you're actually UNDER the water.

Good luck.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #188013

DemonFiren wrote:Is there anything John_Shillford can't insert gunsmithing into?
if you can find it, i'll adjust the gunsmithing concept to fit it

penlights getting a new sprite?
penlights now shoot customizable bullets

i dont always shill, but when i do, it sure is hell is going to involve gunsmithing.
stay murican my friends.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #188024

In spite of it all I still really think the ability to modify firearms should be a thing
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #188035

paprika wrote:I coded water a while ago, see: remie richard's example. The difference is I made water non-transparent (until it floods a tile) and added overlays (using the fire mob overlay layer) to show that people were submerged: feet deep, waist deep, and finally flooded. It adds a lot of immersion if you're not drowning until there's enough water on the tile and the tile is hidden until you're actually UNDER the water.

Good luck.
Damn straight, being immersed in water adds immersion.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
MrEousTranger
Byond Username: Mr.EousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #189755

How would one remove water from a filled room.
and would water flood in from a tile breach??

what ever the answer DO THIS SHIT
One person on this planet wrote:Wow you're funny and original Eous
I don't play often but when I do I'm Kyp Astar normally a sec role unless I'm bored and go assistant.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #189810

Are there gonna be escort missions?
MrEousTranger wrote:How would one remove water from a filled room.
Floor scrubbers could pull double duty on that.

The hilarious part would be people running in to try and stop a flood and slipping everywhere then drowning.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #189812

You shouldn't slip once the water reaches a certain depth in a room. You should be slowed down, of course, but not necessarily slip.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #189874

MrEousTranger wrote:How would one remove water from a filled room.
Metal foam will nullify water it comes in contact with, and R&D would be able to develop tools for easy water manipulation.
If a part of the station that's exposed to the ocean is breached, everything exposed to it would eventually be flooded. Once the breach is sealed off, the water would spread out evenly around whatever space it can.
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #189922

Sounds very interesting. could a station like this even be part of the rotation? Or would it require a completely separate server with different... code? I dont know.

Seems like a massive project. Not only would you need to redesign the station to a more underwater theme, but you would need to mess with a lot of the items/departments. Even Airlocks would need to work differently to be "realistic", right?
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #189999

Alex Crimson wrote:Sounds very interesting. could a station like this even be part of the rotation? Or would it require a completely separate server with different... code? I dont know.

Seems like a massive project. Not only would you need to redesign the station to a more underwater theme, but you would need to mess with a lot of the items/departments. Even Airlocks would need to work differently to be "realistic", right?
The basic functionalities wouldn't be all that hard to accomplish with what we have right now. I already have water coded (although not spreading), as well as floodlocks replacing firelocks and fire alarms having the added functionality of sensing water. I'm working on a BoxStation variant that's situated underwater, mainly to test if the concept has any merit among the players. On it, the entire station is surrounded by moderately deep water (500 meters) and EVA's space suits have been replaced with dive suits. I'm still working on underwater content that won't just make it a barren seabed, but I should have a proof-of-concept playable by early July.
MrEousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #190375

you deserve a medal :)
from what i'm hearing this might be my new favorite station
but it might be good to also have it when your out in the water you suffer from
High pressure damage and cold damage
and will require a pressurized suit (like a space suit????)
to keep you from dying. though you could probobly skip that
saying as I wouldn't know how hard that could be to code.

unless this station is like in the Bahamas and 7 feet below the surface.
and how about solars? thx, love the map

ps. keep up the fantastic work ;)
pps. shit I just thought of this but what about laaaavvaaa laaannnddd???
are you just going deeper into a trench that leads you
to a portal that teleports you to another dimension
pacific rim style??
Last edited by MrEousTranger on Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #190385

MrEousTranger wrote:snip
Thanks for the praise. To answer your questions, the BoxStation variant is 500 meters deep. Standing outside will induce rapid death unless you're wearing a dive suit and have internals.
MrEousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #190397

Xhuis wrote:
MrEousTranger wrote:snip
Thanks for the praise. To answer your questions, the BoxStation variant is 500 meters deep. Standing outside will induce rapid death unless you're wearing a dive suit and have internals.
badass
I don't play often but when I do I'm Kyp Astar normally a sec role unless I'm bored and go assistant.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #198690

Welp, Europa is dead. They've stopped work on it. That means that the reason I stopped working on AquaStation no longer exists, so I'll start some more work on this when I get the time.
MrEousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #198709

Xhuis wrote:Welp, Europa is dead. They've stopped work on it. That means that the reason I stopped working on AquaStation no longer exists, so I'll start some more work on this when I get the time.
Glad to hear it can't wait to see some screenshots.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #198879

So you've got custom weather events and such in this, right? I'd assume you also have custom "deep space" z-levels (which are now deep ocean or something)?

If you've actually got this kind of stuff down, then maybe some day if/when this is finished we can re-purpose a bunch of code for an on-planet station, too!

Super cool project, I'm really hype!
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #199479

How does the singuloth/tesla work with this?
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #204339

i would assume our lord and savior would rapidly expand to enormous size and start a vortex of water that tears the station apart before the planet is ripped apart. The Goofball would probably just fizzle and kill all life within about a kilometer
oranges wrote:It's my game, not yours
Never forget the corruption of these halls

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I actually care.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omar Beail says, "You guys should fuck for my entertainment"
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: KorPhaeron: Admins aren't allowed to have friends

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Q: Where are the cat boys?
A: I don’t follow.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #204344

Supermichael777 wrote:i would assume our lord and savior would rapidly expand to enormous size and start a vortex of water that tears the station apart before the planet is ripped apart. The Goofball would probably just fizzle and kill all life within about a kilometer
finally the turbine can get the respect it DESERVES
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #205796

Forgot all about this thread.

Kor expressed that he would rather have a separate codebase or server entirely and my PR was closed. Don't expect this now or ever.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #205797

Well if the sucess of the recent Fallout code branch is any indication people go batshit nuts over ss13 spinoffs
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
MrEousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #205805

Aw... Man this had so much potential.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #206105

I might continue it on its own repository. I just can't host a server with it. Maybe I could work out getting the test server to run the code or something if everyone agreed.