Setting Lobby Screen location?

Mapping Ideas and Sprite Galleries
TrollanKojima
Byond Username: TrollanKojima

Setting Lobby Screen location?

Post by TrollanKojima » #196797

Hi. First post, just starting to get into mapping. Working on a nice little arctic research outpost for "The Thing" style changeling rounds.

I started working on it on and off about 8 months ago, and somehow figured out how to delete the existing lobby screen/location. In the meantime, life happened, and I've come back and basically finished up my v1.0 of the map. All I really have left to do before I start fine tuning it and testing it is to add my lobby image, which I already did.

Problem is, whenever I start the game, the screen defaults to "1,1,1" on the map for the Lobby. I tried moving the lobby image to that part of the map, and blocking it off with indestructable walls? It just wanted to pick up whatever's in a radius around 1,1,1. I'm at a loss as to how I changed the location, or even what I have to do to assign a specific area as a Lobby screen. I tried highlighting the title image with the "Start" area, but that changed nothing.

Any help would be nice!
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Re: Setting Lobby Screen location?

Post by Incoming » #196911

The start location is set though the placement of the /obj/effect/landmark/start . In the dead center of the splash screen there's one tile that has plating instead of an indestructible wall, that's where you place the landmark. You place the splash imagery at the bottom left corner.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
TrollanKojima
Byond Username: TrollanKojima

Re: Setting Lobby Screen location?

Post by TrollanKojima » #197024

Wow, I feel like a moron now.

Go through all this painstaking detail to make sure the snow tiles are lower temperature, that the baseturf is set to said snow tiles, and completely map the entire thing out...
And get hung up on a damn landmark. I was literally just in that dropdown setting all the spawn points. Geez.

Thanks for the help!