Mapping Ideas and Sprite Galleries
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Re: PubbyStation

Post by firecage » #231650

Bottom post of the previous page:

I like this station. One complaint though. The design of Hydroponics makes me cringe.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #235445

- Swap the position of the theater and the backstage, so backstage has access to the services backroom/hallway thing.
- Add a public exit button to the cloning anteroom off the hallway
- Reinforce windows leading to medbay storage
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #241148

Some shit is wrong with the random book in the clown theater. It fails a if(!establish_db_connection()) pass i.e. spawns this:

There once was a book from Nantucket
But the database failed us, so f*$! it.
I tried to be good to you
Now this is an I.O.U
If you're feeling entitled, well, stuff it!
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
SJ212
Byond Username: Seanjohn212

Post by SJ212 » #299761

Wew, bump, but Pubby is still in rotation so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So, the APC in engineering is too close to the singulo, and gets constantly EMP'd. Thus necessitating being moved if you wanna use the singulo.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #312122

I intensely fucking hate toxins on this station
>Hurr durr, let's make a gas mixer that doesn't mix gas
Why not use a layout that makes sense?
Bring back papercult.

pubby
Github User
Byond Username: Pubby
Github Username: pubby

Post by pubby » #319168

I've been wondering if I should do more work on this. The map has not been too popular, but it appears to get played a couple times per week.
PanzerIV
Byond Username: Panzer IV

Post by PanzerIV » #320329

It quite a nice map honestly and hell of lot better than bird boat and min station in the way that each department feels a bit cozy and has a bit of life in them. I'm pretty sure there are a few things here and there that need to be addressed but over all its a lovely map.
pubby
Github User

Post by pubby » #321828

Thanks Panzer. I appreciate you saying that.

It's been real frustrating for me trying to receive good feedback. People shit on the map all the time but they never explain why. I think a lot of it is just unfamiliarity, but what can I do about that? I can't do anything and I hate it. I wish I would receive better feedback.
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #321829

We are a community full of reactionarytards who will scream "ITS SHIT ITS SHIT" like a tick, but won't explain why because they don't have any understanding of anything

don't worry about them
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #321831

foolproof: If someone says "It's shit" to something but won't explain why, you have the green light to ignore their opinion on it because they just made it clear they don't truly have one
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #321851

What danno said. There's a good reason why every single mapper who ever had the displeasure of contributing to /tg/ quickly realized their mistake and stopped bothering.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #322062

danno wrote:foolproof: If someone says "It's shit" to something but won't explain why, you have the green light to ignore their opinion on it because they just made it clear they don't truly have one
This is not foolproof! If players, through sheer numbers, collectively say this and only this about a map, then their disruptive behavior on a map (Suicide HOPline, ghosting out, refusing to work, attempting to get the shuttle called) means that when the map is played, players that actually DO like the map do not get the chance to enjoy it! Now, when it is a small portion of the crew that does this, then it is simply trash taking itself out. However, sometimes players in a position of power (usually the Captain) will early-call the shuttle. Also, the disruption in the round caused by 30+ people in a 70 pop server refusing to play the map becomes too severe to simply ignore. The map will also become rarely played if few players have it set as a preference.

CereStation is an excellent example of this. I have played two rounds on it with 70+ players on the first round, and at the end of both, we started on Metastation with about 30. I do not believe PubbyStation is so heavily protested as CereStation is, but if it does happen to you, then you will have to pry more concrete criticisms from the players, or the sheer amount of garbage will clog the pipes and shut your map down.

Note: I love and support CereStation, and typing these words brings me sadness. It is painful to admit this, but CereStation is at high risk of removal due to being un-maintained and consistent IC protests by players.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #322077

I agree and disagree

I have zero fucking patience for anyone who says something sucks without explaining why and will 100% of the time disregard that person

that being said, when you have a lot of people doing that, you have to take notice

i still think everyone who bashes cere without saying anything but "IT SUCKS GIVE ME BOX" is a mongoloid, but the fact is that quite a few people have started to do that
Limey wrote:its too late.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #322084

Qbopper wrote:I agree and disagree

I have zero fucking patience for anyone who says something sucks without explaining why and will 100% of the time disregard that person

that being said, when you have a lot of people doing that, you have to take notice

i still think everyone who bashes cere without saying anything but "IT SUCKS GIVE ME BOX" is a mongoloid, but the fact is that quite a few people have started to do that
Therein lies the problem. A pile of garbage can be put in a trash can and ignored. A MOUND of garbage will make the whole house uninhabitable! What is killing CereStation could also kill PubbyStation. They louder they scream, the sooner you will have to answer, else your map will eventually be phased out.
PanzerIV
Byond Username: Panzer IV

Post by PanzerIV » #322119

I belive most of "this map sucks" is dying out I mean most of the time when I see people complain is when the pop goes some where around 45-50+ while anything below it seems fine and for Cere its the other way around if its lower than 70 then everyone complains so I belive it might be a bit of a this map is geting too crowed and this map feels too empty. I mean that my take on it from when ever I see players talk about the map in OOC and me just noticing things in game
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #356517

The air injectors are still not defined within powered areas, rendering them non-functional
ShizCalev
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ShizCalev
Github Username: ShizCalev

Post by ShizCalev » #359171

Anonmare wrote:The air injectors are still not defined within powered areas, rendering them non-functional
Will be fixed.
ImageImage
>Be ling
>Spread misinformation about how SM works to sabotage it
OOC: ChemicalRascal: Lying about game mechanics in relation to an engine that is poorly understood by most isn't cool, though
pubby
Github User

Post by pubby » #388675

I'm gonna update this map soon.

If there's stuff you want added/modified/removed, speak now or forever hold your peace.
Selea
Byond Username: Serpentarium

Post by Selea » #388686

make signs to evac more obivious
FrozenGuy5
Github User
Byond Username: FrozenGuy5
Github Username: praisenarsie

Post by FrozenGuy5 » #389005

yeah evac is hard to find for newcomers
ййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййй shitty fucking signatures
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #389098

Selea wrote:make signs to evac more obivious
Selea

Post by Selea » #394947

Add multitool and screwdriver to cir lab.
Denton
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Post by Denton » #394950

Kor wrote:
Selea wrote:make signs to evac more obivious
Done
Selea wrote:Add multitool and screwdriver to cir lab.
They're both in the backroom near maint
Selea

Post by Selea » #395473

Still better to add them.They are in place on all maps, except Omega.
Also, I'd like to see more secrets in maint.
Denton

Post by Denton » #395663

pubby wrote:I'm gonna update this map soon.

If there's stuff you want added/modified/removed, speak now or forever hold your peace.
What do you have planned so far? My ideas for after the freeze are:
- Running a cable from AIsat to station that can be connected in case AIsat runs out of power
- Segmenting the monastery areas a bit and giving them their own APC each. Right now, they're all powered by the one in the SMES room.
- Adding disposals to the monastery as well, so people can use wrapping paper+destination tagger to mail packages to the library/chap office
- Maybe add some glass airlocks to central hallways so the whole thing doesn't depressurize when there's a hole on the other side of the station
pubby
Github User

Post by pubby » #395721

Here's a bunch of tentative changes. Speak up if you lover or hate them. And probably wait until I get these committed before making your own PRs, so that stuff doesn't conflict.

Botany gets a public biogenerator and the DNA thingy moved to where scientists can upgrade it.

Evac redesigned. The aux base is now publicly accessible, and with the change there's enough room to fit a law office.

Engineering gets a little storage room because it was feeling cramped.

Science now contains a single large experiment room that combines a bunch of functionality. It's most useful for toxins, circuits, and xeniobio, but research and robotics can use it too. This replaces the circuit lab.

Xenobio slightly redesigned. This change allows science to get its own maintenance in the south-east corner. Note that some of xenobio's functionality, like the reagent grinder, is now in the large experiment room.

The aft hallway is now maintenance. Old chemistry and R&D were a little to hard to break into and they were also a little too small. This change fixes both, though i must admit, it's pretty bizarre not having that hallway there.

The alternative entrance to medbay is closed off like in the original versions of the map. Medbay is still public access. I redid the sleeper room.

I added some more maint fluff, but I'm not gonna post it.
SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #395738

I really like that science experimentation room
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
Selea

Post by Selea » #395783

about circuit section.Better to add some thigs:there should be 2 cells, 1 stack of metal,multitool,screwdriver for one circuit working place.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #395788

this is a little awkward but i have nothing but the utmost respect for you for avoiding the dreaded 2x2 wall
Limey wrote:its too late.
Denton

Post by Denton » #395904

That science experimentation room looks absolutely great! I'm also a fan of giving chem/RnD more maintenance space.
The public biogenerator makes me think that every greyshirt is just gonna run over and mash the monkey cube button, but I suppose we won't know until it's merged.

I'd like it if you could add some tesla coils to engineering secure storage as well; right now it only has two rad collectors.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #395929

>monkey cube
greyshirts want toolbelts, though
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #397280

Smash that mf monkey button
Denton

Post by Denton » #410998

If you don't think this is the greatest escape shuttle get the hell outta here
https://i.imgur.com/DDOCVkb.png
Mark9013100
Byond Username: Mark9013100

Post by Mark9013100 » #411206

why does security get a bdsm dungeon section on the train
mysteryman sideburns
Byond Username: Sideburns

Post by mysteryman sideburns » #419730

this is probably the best map in the current rotation
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #432848

The confession booth needs an intercom. I tried to run confessional as a clown priest yesterday and I had to disassemble the window to converse with the fellow on the other side.
► Show Spoiler
Denton

Post by Denton » #434339

Farquaar wrote:The confession booth needs an intercom. I tried to run confessional as a clown priest yesterday and I had to disassemble the window to converse with the fellow on the other side.
I have a PR open that adds them to Pubby+Delta now.
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #434851

Denton wrote:
Farquaar wrote:The confession booth needs an intercom. I tried to run confessional as a clown priest yesterday and I had to disassemble the window to converse with the fellow on the other side.
I have a PR open that adds them to Pubby+Delta now.
Honkmother bless you, Denton.
► Show Spoiler
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #464188

The chaplain/curator can't open the refrigerator in the monastery kitchen because its locked to non-chefs. Butterflies also keep opening the garden airlocks, letting out the bees.
► Show Spoiler
Skillywatt
Byond Username: Tiguar

Post by Skillywatt » #464408

I think the main reason this map gets so much random and non-specific hate is the engines.

almost every round I've played on it in the last couple days has had a tesloose/singuloose in the first 5-10minutes and part of me believes that it happens with such frequency because .. well...because it's the only station in rotation (I believe?) that this can happen on at round start, so people do it for the novelty.

I know there isn't much to do about this outside of changing how the station is powered (which I wouldn't recommend, I like the variety), but just some insight as to the playerbase's opinion on the map.

the design and layout is pretty cool/unique and I wish the map rotate in more often than it does. It's a nice reprieve from METAMETAMETAMETAMETA
Denton

Post by Denton » #464689

Farquaar wrote:The chaplain/curator can't open the refrigerator in the monastery kitchen because its locked to non-chefs. Butterflies also keep opening the garden airlocks, letting out the bees.
My PR that fixes the fridge just got merged.

I'm not sure what to do about the garden, since regular bees also seem to open the airlocks. Either make bees/butterflies unable to open airlocks (probably won't get merged) or restrict the garden to chaplain/curator access, which will keep most players from using it.
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #464763

Denton wrote:
Farquaar wrote:The chaplain/curator can't open the refrigerator in the monastery kitchen because its locked to non-chefs. Butterflies also keep opening the garden airlocks, letting out the bees.
My PR that fixes the fridge just got merged.

I'm not sure what to do about the garden, since regular bees also seem to open the airlocks. Either make bees/butterflies unable to open airlocks (probably won't get merged) or restrict the garden to chaplain/curator access, which will keep most players from using it.
I don't really see why bugs should be able to open airlocks. I can understand animals, but shouldn't closing a door be enough to keep space bees at bay?
► Show Spoiler
Googles_Hands
Byond Username: Googles_Hands

Post by Googles_Hands » #536476

The biohazard locker in the brig equipment room is not of the security variant, it's the same biohazard locker that normal medbay gets.
Ivuchnu
Byond Username: Ivuchnu

Post by Ivuchnu » #558229

I remember three issues with PubbyStation:
  • Medbay entrance disposal bin does not work, trash rips up the floor tile in front of airlock. Seems to lack pipe.
  • Medbay seems to be disconnected from power grid? Not first time I see power set up and APCs not charging until someone fiddles with wires.
  • Monastery shuttle or "pod" seems to park in hyperspace, not counting for escape objective.
Heal w. water/starlight/rads +self-resp
Not happy with game, not happy with code.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #560797

The genetics consoles in Pubby have no chair.
It's not really a gameplay thing, but if IC we're working with a computer all day, I would like my character to have a chair of some kind he is sitting in while working presumably