Lavaland Compound Sprites (now with map!)

Mapping Ideas and Sprite Galleries
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Re: Lavaland Compound Sprites (now with map!)

Post by John_Oxford » #228314

Bottom post of the previous page:

John_Oxford wrote:Derail discussing Mining Weapons. Don't do this again John or it'll be wiped instead of spoilered.
Spoiler:
(to bad im shilling anyways)
Give miners and more or less the on site security a customizable personal defense weapon (which is very modular, of course)

Miners now start with defense implants, which allow you to use the weapons. Two cases of these spawn in the armory section of the security section of the base. Mining Overseer or whatever starts with one to (along with the hos) Its firing pin dependent
Oxford Arms CR-30AU (compact rifle - thirty rounds - airless universal)

Completely customizable, on base security receive one to fend off rogue personnel who could get a hold of mining equipment to fuck them over in a low pressure enviorment. The head site miner or some shit recieves one to (the mini-head)

Maybe give the security office window to the east shutters, replace it with a table, and make it into a mod shop, then put some machines in there that produce weapon mods from minerals.

Or switch the locations of xenoarch with the TBD location, and make the south area a dual purpose mining upgrade/rnd/weapon upgrade/creation booth/shop.

(from left to right)
CR-30AU, fires 10mm in bursts of two. Is not select fire, Holds 30 rounds. Fits in your backpack.
CR-30AU, with a sling, allows it to be worn on your belt slot, armor slot, as armor (has a 1% chance to destroy the gun but stop the projectile if you are hit by a bullet in the chest) and back slot.
CR-30AU II with a sling and iron sights, has all the attributes of the sling version but is in semi automatic, still isnt select fire.
CR-30AU III with a sling and holographic sight, increases the odds of hitting the targeted body part (for simple mobs it just does 5% more damage)
CR-30AU III with armor piercing rounds, does 10 more damage to megafauna, goliaths, and watchers (and also ignores 60% of a humans armor value)
CR-30AU III with condensed explosive rounds, does no more direct damage to humans than normal rounds, but explodes. Can be used to mine rock. Chance to blow human limbs off, does 15 more damage to mining mobs and knocks them back a tile (which if theres a wall behind them, it causes a additional five damage, totaling to twenty) mega fauna are unaffected by it.
CR-30AU IV with a longer barrel and oil soaked rag wrap and a 6x nanographic scope. Same function as a syndicate sniper rifle, allows you to zoom. Same damage as a stock CR. Two round burst on target.
(next ones the same thing for some reason)
(same thing as the CR-30AU IV)
CR-30AU V Caliber upgraded to 7.62, semi automatic, with a scope.
(next two are the same thing, they both have a bipod which increases accuracy when standing still, they both have armor piercing and explosive rounds)
CR-30AU VI. Wrapped in oil soaked rags, fires two shot bursts. (+Bipod +LScope +Sling)

The next ones are all CR-30AU IX's they are select fire from semi automatic, two round burst, three round burst, and fully automatic. They fire 7.62.

Keep in mind, most of the high level mods require autistic amounts of minerals and or research levels. Some of the later tiers probally should only be rare mining drops or admin spawns.

ps: i can probally cut these up into seperate rifles and pdw's, and build up a entire armory around them.

pss: the description will tell what about what the rifle is doing.

ex:

This is a CR-30AU V.
The Oxford Arms Personal Defense Weapon, this one chambers 7.62, is only semi automatic, and has a Pathfinder Scope attached to it.
>thread on revamping mining
>implements a compound with walls that have turrets, and places a security presence in the area with more new, more severe threats against them and the people there
>post a way to help them defend against that

"wew lads you doin a shill im gon spolier ur post cuz to much spam reee you better not do it again"

>doesnt take responsibility for it
>spoilers it just because "wew lads your shilling your opinions not valid"

kindly fuck a stick if you cant see past oxfords memes to where im being serious. the post was on topic. (op responded to it in a serious way you cuck)

///

on topic edit though, i just realized i completely forgot to mention

the guns have operating parts and bolts that are calibrated to work in low to no pressure enviorments, firing them in a pressurized enviorment will destroy the gun (and possibly you in the process)
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Dagdammit
Byond Username: Dagdammit

Post by Dagdammit » #228317

I shoulda replied to it in Ideas thread, honestly, I just did it here because it was more readable conversation wise. I'll copy the main bits of the tangent over to the new main thread.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #228325

Doesn't need to be in both threads bucko.
This is for spriting and mapping, when there's a second thread, specifically in the ideas/feedback sections, you put your shilling there.
if you really need to shill your guns for the 45th time.

Someone reported it, I acted on it, case closed.
私は完璧
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #228338

Remie Richards wrote:-snip
-in spoilers to prevent salt and "wew lads gunsmithing derail" memes-
Spoiler:
Theres sprites and design concepts in the post.

There are also two fourm posts of the same topic made by op in both of the fourms.

This isn't shilling gunsmithing at this point, you don't make these guns, they spawn at round start, everything to do with a gun said by me isn't directly correlated to gunsmithing.

This is the 8th time in total ive shilled gunsmithing in nine months.

This argument wouldnt even apply to you had the person who "complained" if that really was that happened, stepped the fuck up and tried to make a argument instead of going "reeeeeee he shillin goosmithin"

In the case that it was op, which i sincerely doubt it was due to getting some very full responses to the post, then i would have done the spoilering myself.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #228454

willing to code and map.
one problem my DS crashes when I map lmao.
but yeah i can try fixing shit that's wrong with it when it gets debuted or code some features?
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #228578

kevinz000 wrote:willing to code and map.
but yeah i can try fixing shit that's wrong with it when it gets debuted or code some features?
Have you tried this? https://github.com/monster860/FastDMM
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Dagdammit

Post by Dagdammit » #228602

kevinz000 wrote:willing to code and map.
That woulf be excellent. Would you have any idea how to set things up with the mining shuttles? (details in design doc linked at start of other thread)
MrEousTranger
Byond Username: Mr.EousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #228683

I think Xeno Archaeologist might be less well, uhh metagamey than giving the miners heavy ballistic weaponry

Not that guncrafting is a bad thing.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #228751

MrEousTranger wrote:I think Xeno Archaeologist might be less well, uhh metagamey than giving the miners heavy ballistic weaponry

Depends on the loot drops from it and how they correlate with the station & personal gain (also besides coding in a new faux ore type, it'd be the easiest to do as long as you can provide newish artifacts and recycle some stuff to be artifact drops)

Looking briefly for a moment over at VG station where they have a similar setup but insist on derp-tools and REALLY HIGH SCIENCE CHARTS AND SHIT, some of the artifacts there are stuff or quite large objects not too different from our own anomalous crystal.

Spoiler:
letshavecake
Byond Username: Letshavecake

Post by letshavecake » #228754

FantasticFwoosh wrote:
MrEousTranger wrote:I think Xeno Archaeologist might be less well, uhh metagamey than giving the miners heavy ballistic weaponry

Depends on the loot drops from it and how they correlate with the station & personal gain (also besides coding in a new faux ore type, it'd be the easiest to do as long as you can provide newish artifacts and recycle some stuff to be artifact drops)

Looking briefly for a moment over at VG station where they have a similar setup but insist on derp-tools and REALLY HIGH SCIENCE CHARTS AND SHIT, some of the artifacts there are stuff or quite large objects not too different from our own anomalous crystal.
/vg/'s artifact system was stolen from bay years ago, and has been pretty much unchanged since
And bay's artifact system was a poor copy of goon's artifact system, with much more of a focus on digging up the artifacts rather than testing and using them
Dagdammit

Post by Dagdammit » #228893

Copying this chat to the Ideas thread too cause it's interesting.
Dagdammit

Post by Dagdammit » #229490

Kevin's implementing Rapid Terraforming Device, so the sprite for that had to get done. Bulky lavaland construction tool that complements the RCD.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #229491

that's fucking cool and you should feel good about yourself
Dagdammit

Post by Dagdammit » #229527

inhand sprites took me a bit to sort out.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #229530

you might want to consider making it two-hand and then making it work like an RCD and terraformer
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #229535

it kinda looks like he is holding his massive two pronged cyber dong
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
letshavecake
Byond Username: Letshavecake

Post by letshavecake » #229536

That's what the overseer is for
They needed extra comdom just for that
Dagdammit

Post by Dagdammit » #229720

Armhulen wrote:you might want to consider making it two-hand and then making it work like an RCD and terraformer
It's a bulky item like the RPED. Engineers with lavaland construction ambitions will also take the RCD and use the two together. https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/21724
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #229721

Wyzack wrote:it kinda looks like he is holding his massive two pronged cyber dong
Lizard augs for humans.
Grand.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler: