DeltaStation Map Issues Here

Mapping Ideas and Sprite Galleries
Tofa01
Byond Username: Tofa01

DeltaStation Map Issues Here

Post by Tofa01 » #251618

DeltaStation Map Issues Thread
This is intended to be a centralised thread for all DeltaStation map issues. If you find or have previously encountered a mapping issue regarding the Deltastation Map please post the issue here and either myself or some other mappers if they would like will see this and be able to fix the issue as fast as possible.
[center]Issues Solved So Far[/center]
Spoiler:
Delta Station Mega Update PR Number - #23780 https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/23657 MERGED
Adding Wardrobe Lockers Around Station
Medical Doctor Virology Access
Supermatter Filter Tweak
Virology access/door bolt buttons
Dorm room access/door bolt buttons
Delta Fixes Areas That Are Not Radiation Proof Also Fixes Space Cleaner In Brig Medbay PR Number #24055 https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/24055 MERGED
Save The Brig! Spray Bottles
Fixes Areas That Are Not Radiation Proof
[center]Issues I'm Working On[/center]
Spoiler:
Removes Space Suits From Mining Equipment Room PR #24187 https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/24187
Last edited by Tofa01 on Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:12 am, edited 15 times in total.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: DeltaStation Map Issues Here

Post by confused rock » #252199

jesus fucking christ aside from tool storage looking like engi cabin A requires seemingly maint access while capin B does not (the weird ass fucking cabins near botany which you would think was maint because the door isn't glass) and there are NO clothing lockers on the entire fucking map so you can't get a new pair of shoes or a grey jumpsuit who thought this over if that wasn't enough you get glaring issues like anyone with medbay access being able to get into viro REEEE
Tofa01

Post by Tofa01 » #252439

Thanks for the tips, ill look into these issues as soon as possible.
Kel
Byond Username: Jaraxxus

Post by Kel » #252441

There are absolutely no wardrobe lockers anywhere on station for grey/black/white/colored jumpsuits. Dear God please fix this.
Tofa01

Post by Tofa01 » #252448

Indeed looking into this now I think I am going to add some to the dorms locker rooms and other civilian areas.
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #252582

I like this map a lot but I found a few problems with the supermatter room:

The supermatter room lacks mesons. In case you are unaware, the shard has 2 kinds of emitting modes: Hallucinations and Radiation. Energy lasers cause hallucinations which require mesons to prevent, while matter(ie objects, people, bots) causes regular radiation.

The reflectors in the room north are not anchored. Anyone bumping against them will move them. As will atmos flow from the vents if there's a breach or something like that.

The doors leading to the shard don't seem to block the heat which causes the room to heat up and become hazardous.
Edit: Actually, uninsulated pipes bleed heat too so consider replacing the loop pipes with them.

The vent and scrubbers inside the shard room are annoying to set up due to their random numbering but that's not a thing that can be easily solved without rewriting the air alarm code. You should replace them with the toggleable regular and siphon vents that can be toggled with a button. There's no need to use scrubbers, since you want to vent all gasses from the chamber anyway because they will heat up, regardless of burning or not.

Another thing to consider is setting the filter northeast to o2 instead of n2. As it is set up, it will actually pump everything except the filtered thing into space, leaving the supermatter shard filled entirely with n2 which works, but produces significantly less power.

It would also be nice to have a setup guide book that links to a supermatter tutorial. Almost all explosions I witnessed were from people who just didn't understand the engine.
Last edited by Tokiko2 on Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #252588

Very minor issue but dormrooms and bathrooms don't seem to have buttons to lock them.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Tofa01

Post by Tofa01 » #252689

Updated the OP with new Pull Request Details, i have made quite a few additions and changes go check it out! More suggestions are welcome at any time.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #253099

Last time I checked, the space cleaner bottle in the brig medbay spawns empty.

Save our brigs from being covered in blood.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Mooseykins
Byond Username: Mooseykins

Post by Mooseykins » #253302

I was just in a game where I was playing Quartermaster, the Captain asked for mindshield implants to be delivered to security and mulebots were running into each other preventing me from using them. Instead i used the disposals mailing system... Which didn't work, and instead just sent the packages through the disposals like anything else.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #253306

Not so much a map issue but rather a balance issue, mining hardsuits at round start should be removed.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Mooseykins
Byond Username: Mooseykins

Post by Mooseykins » #253310

D&B wrote:Not so much a map issue but rather a balance issue, mining hardsuits at round start should be removed.
Literally nobody uses them anyway, because it's a death sentence to forgo mobility for armor on lavaland.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #253500

I've played a few rounds in that map and new people take those suits and die quite early because they don't know better.

Experienced players don't suffer from this, but is an unnecessary buff to traitor miners and normal miners that should be removed. It's akin to giving all voucher items roundstart in price.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #253700

why does the shuttle have regular floor tiles at least dreamstation was complete okand already ditched delta just give up mate delta sucks
Tofa01

Post by Tofa01 » #254652

Looking into these now. Also never give up never surrender #makedeltagreatagain
Iatots
Byond Username: Iatots
Github Username: Iatots

Post by Iatots » #254672

Because AESTHETICS.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #255023

Would you mind adding the Aux Base camera console to Delta's Aux Base Construction area? I did not do it myself because touching maps is a horrendous affair and two map edits is more than enough! The path is "/obj/machinery/computer/camera_advanced/base_construction"
Tofa01

Post by Tofa01 » #257114

I have not updated this in a while sorry, gunhog did you get that done? If not ill do it now (For some reason i did not get a email when you posted), Also a update i have opened a PR removing space suits from the mining lobby. If anyone has any further issues please post here and let me know, and ill get them done as soon as possible.
Tofa01

Post by Tofa01 » #257129

Looks like this has not been done yet, i will open a PR adding the camera console after #24187 to avoid possible merge conflicts.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #257156

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/24146 includes the required edits. There is no need for you to add the console yourself (as I also made an edit for the mining shuttle access and public aux base dock)