The Female Body

Mapping Ideas and Sprite Galleries
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Re: The Female Body

Post by imblyings » #260882

Bottom post of the previous page:

the quality at which it was 'translated' is fine, I'm noticing more the errors of the initial sprite
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #260886

imblyings wrote:the quality at which it was 'translated' is fine, I'm noticing more the errors of the initial sprite
It's good to hear they're (roughly) up to standards!
私は完璧
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #260900

I'm a little worried about disguises, this would end up making genetics/being a changeling a requirement to impersonate someone of the opposite gender.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #260908

XDTM wrote:I'm a little worried about disguises, this would end up making genetics/being a changeling a requirement to impersonate someone of the opposite gender.
There's already a mild difference between the genders in terms of uniforms, it's just more pronounced here.

The answer to date is wear an exosuit. The only problem here is the legs, since a lot of less auspicious exosuits like labsuits still show the legs a bit.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #261177

The disguising ship sailed a long time ago. It's impossible to disguise as anyone unless you're wearing an exosuit.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #261180

If you don't speak, wear a hat and hide your face you can usually pass as someone else.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #261650

Tool delayed for a bit, tried flipping the coords for East to get the West coords and it's only partially correct and it's annoying me so, not today folks.
私は完璧
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #261651

Side note, would it be possible to have a gender/species toggle for the chameleon jumpsuit?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #261653

Wyzack wrote:Side note, would it be possible to have a gender/species toggle for the chameleon jumpsuit?
Chameleon
Penis
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #261659

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Side note, would it be possible to have a gender/species toggle for the chameleon jumpsuit?
Chameleon
Penis
literally this
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #261674

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Chameleon
Penis
[demonfiren intensifies]
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #261705

> tfw flirting with a cute girl in the bar
> tfw it turns out to be a disguised ligger
Please no
Bring back papercult.

MimicFaux
Byond Username: MimicFaux

Post by MimicFaux » #262115

This is some fantastic groundwork being laid. Major props to Remie for overcoming some of those initial hurdles with that tool. My own two cents with regards to disguises is that it just adds another interesting layer to the traitor game. Someone moving at full speed down the hallway in in the HoS' full armament won't get a second glance at. If they're faking the ID any brief mouse-over will still only show the name. But like any disguise, if you get a good look at someone, small discrepancies should show. Trying to pass yourself off as someone else of the opposite gender perfectly should be a niche reserved for traitor gear designed specifically for disguises. They can already make you the perfect imitation of a cigarette, changing what's in your pants should be no trouble for the Syndicate.
ImageImageImage
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #262116

Been lurking in this thread for a while, thought I'd chime in.

While I agree that the base sprite is terrible and needs change, I don't like how radically different the new one is shaping up to be. Not only does it add more work for spriters, but as people have said, it makes it harder to disguise. I don't want to start a Tumblr train either, but they just aren't... very good to me. It's more of a distinct sprite, yes, but to me it looks ugly, and doesn't resemble a human well at all. I think that both genders should keep the same silhouette, both for disguise and because having a hardsuit bent in such proportions as seem to be on the way would probably be immensely painful.

Not saying that I can do any of this better, of course. I just think that it's another case of passable sprites being completely changed in a controversial way, like the three fourths debate we're suffering through right now. If anything, I think that the female sprite might be slimmer, so that you can't tell a difference unless you actually look. I still support identical silhouettes, however.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #262120

Hardsuits are by definition and name a Hard Suit, they should not fit the form of the person who wears them
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #262136

Wyzack wrote:Hardsuits are by definition and name a Hard Suit, they should not fit the form of the person who wears them

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
Kel
Byond Username: Jaraxxus

Post by Kel » #262195

im pretty sure our hardsuits are actually just ripoff of deadspace's RIG suits which are basically skin tight space clothes with plates strapped on
WJohnston
Byond Username: WJohnston

Post by WJohnston » #262211

Humans are made of limbs, right?

We have digitigrade legs because of this system. Why not have male/female legs for humans, and revert to male legs in the event of a full body suit, like we do with lizards already?
Apparently I was an director or something.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #262213

I don't see why they need to look so different to begin with.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #262227

Because it looks better this way.
Bring back papercult.

Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #262305

Perhaps to you, but your opinion is not fact. Neither is mine. I've already stated my opinion that the sprites we have now are bad in quality; I just disagree with the extreme difference in build that seems to be emerging. It looks very strangely proportioned. Although the male sprites aren't good either, they make sense. With the new ones, the abdomen area is very slim, and the upper legs are incredibly large and funnel down into sticks. Again, it's clearly higher quality - but hard work does not a good sprite make.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #262425

I'd wager they make sense because you are used to it, against more normally proportioned humans, the current ones look like deformed kids.

Outside of opinion, there are 2 pixels less for width for detail across the 3 pixel long slimmed area, so spriters will need to adapt slightly. The legs do taper down but they are actually just as wide as the male ones. Along with changes to the feet, hands, waist and arms, dare i say it, the sprite is more anatomically reminiscent of an anatomically correct body than the lw one. If there ever was an issue its those changes reducing the area available for spriters in an already cramped sprite size. However, it's nothing that can't be mitigated by careful placing of pixels.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #262578

Kel wrote:im pretty sure our hardsuits are actually just ripoff of deadspace's RIG suits which are basically skin tight space clothes with plates strapped on
No they are original content we do not steal things from other games okay.

totally original content.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #262590

Our Hardsuits were originally and literally called RIG Suits.

Someone on coderbus, or some people, decided to rename them.
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #264719

Remie Richards wrote:Ok so East is "in"
If I said before N/S were converted with about 90-95% quality, I'd say East was converted with 85-90% quality, it's just a vastly more complex set of pixels to sample and move around.

I won't be doing West today as East has completely drained me, even though the work involved would only really be flipping some pixel coordinates, I'm really out of it for today.
Expect the tool to be done tomorrow/day after.
snip

is west done

if not give me the tool and ill finish it 4 u
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #264723

1. no
2. no
next weekend for sure.
私は完璧
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #264737

skipping over the last two pages (because who reads threads anyways)

but at what point did we prefect gene modification and get perfectly thicc females across the board no matter what

also, generally speaking you could just add female specific jumpsuits, exosuits, and helmets that fit their form better than the standard mens jumpsuit, bigger tits, thicc'er thighs, thinner arms
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #264752

The issue seems to be that with 32*32 sprites there isn't much we can do in the way of subtle differences. Either they're basically the same or they're completely different. Making disguises or masquerading as another gender would be made very hard with the latter, which is why I support the former.

And no, disguises are not hard. I've stealth opped many times without buying a single stealth item, and if you can snag a jumpsuit that fits your quarry you're usually good. People don't pay attention to things.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #264841

slap a pair of C cup tits on every chest clothing and call it a day
I play Boris Pepper.
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #264961

The hardsuit used to look just like a RIG and was named RIG but someone threw a hissyfit about copyright so both the sprite and name were changed.
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #264989

Every time someone complains about copyright in SS13, take a shot.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #264998

Xhuis wrote:Every time someone complains about copyright in SS13, take a shot.
I don't want to get fucking alcohol poisoning thank you
Limey wrote:its too late.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #265078

Qbopper wrote:
You'd get poisoned after one shot. You do remember how my initial alcohol refactor went, right?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #265087

Ayy lmao
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #265174

Qbopper wrote:
That's nothing try this game
Every time somebody admits to disliking something purely because they dislike change, take a shot
Every time somebody accuses somebody of disliking something purely because they dislike change, take three shots

You'll die
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Haevacht
Byond Username: Capital_H

Post by Haevacht » #265180

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Qbopper wrote:
That's nothing try this game
Every time somebody admits to disliking something purely because they dislike change, take a shot
Every time somebody accuses somebody of disliking something purely because they dislike change, take three shots

You'll die
Speed up the process by using a gun to source the shots.
1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #270036

I want larger male jumpsuits, so re-make all the clothing to accomodate my enormous wobbling dong is basically the arguement. No.

- ERP is not allowed, be lucky Centcomm doesn't enforce mastectomies.

FFS guys just make them itty bitty (you most of the time only see the larger bra anyway), it'll be funnier if we add fat state and then nobody can tell the difference between male & female. The male endowment on the model is already extremely small so really there isn't much reason to put big BAZONGA's on a model and redo everything to shoehorn it in. We don't even have different clothing sprites as current.
Spoiler:
Morgan Cucker confirmed for high trouser sprite to hide his Lukanka bulgarian trouser snake

Spoiler:
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #270073

If development on the tool has died I'd be interested in whats there already if Remie is ok with releasing it. Even if female sprites is a bit much to ask fatsprites with this would not be hard seems like
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #270443

It's not dead, I'm just busy.
N/S/W are all done, East was *attempted* but wasn't as easy as flipping the coordinates (no Idea why to be honest), and I'm not keen on just running West and mirroring it at the final step.

I'll get to it, don't worry, even if I have to set aside 10-15 minutes to work out all of the coordinates by hand (again)
私は完璧
Iatots
Byond Username: Iatots
Github Username: Iatots

Post by Iatots » #270446

There is a one pixel shift to the left, did you account for that?
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #270448

Yes.
私は完璧
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #270758

Any chance of redoing the faces too? I can't be the only one that finds the current faces downright terrifying, right? They look more like crude haniwa dolls or redeads from zelda than actual humans.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #270759

Space elves already exist as far as over the top zelda ears go, though im not even sure the point earedness would make a remarkable difference. *Mainly to demonstrate the effect of adding ears to the sprite, you will verge towards inevitable elf/vulcan memes*

Props to the person who created it for Iamgoofballs closed PR

Spoiler:
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #270859

the fuck is a vulcan
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #270862

John_Oxford wrote:the fuck is a vulcan
isn't that a gun
Haevacht
Byond Username: Capital_H

Post by Haevacht » #270863

FantasticFwoosh wrote:Space elves already exist as far as over the top zelda ears go, though im not even sure the point earedness would make a remarkable difference. *Mainly to demonstrate the effect of adding ears to the sprite, you will verge towards inevitable elf/vulcan memes*

Props to the person who created it for Iamgoofballs closed PR
No. As the person who made the fucking ear sprites that actually looked different and were not a pixel off the standard ones, no.
1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.
Iatots
Byond Username: Iatots
Github Username: Iatots

Post by Iatots » #277892

>mfw there actually wasn't a pixel shift and east/west are exactly mirrored after all
oops.jpg
Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #278088

is this project kill
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #280342

rip project

remie pls drop the source i beg
Dagdammit
Byond Username: Dagdammit

Post by Dagdammit » #280446

I hope to god this project is kill. It's one of the worst things I've ever seen from /tg/.

"Guys the female body and clothing sprites are really ugly, we need some better art."

"Great, problem solved! Good job team, glad we took the time to make these art improvements."
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #280463

B-But i want a space waifu...