Coding question: Exploding

How, what and why to code in BYOND.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Coding question: Exploding

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #611

Looking for some advice here: How exactly would I go about making a mob explode. Not just gib, but actually cause a explosion at its own location. If this is an easy question, I apologise, as I'm fairly new to the SS13 code.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Re: Coding question: Exploding

Post by Remie Richards » #617

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Looking for some advice here: How exactly would I go about making a mob explode. Not just gib, but actually cause a explosion at its own location. If this is an easy question, I apologise, as I'm fairly new to the SS13 code.

Code: Select all

proc/explosion(turf/epicenter, devastation_range, heavy_impact_range, light_impact_range, flash_range, adminlog = 1, ignorecap = 0, flame_range = 0)
Arguments:
1: Where the explosion "happens" - must be a turf
2,3,4 are the explosion values you'd use when making a bomb in game, they're how big the explosion is
5: The range at which people get flashed
6: Whether to log it for admins
7: Whether to ignore the bomb camp (Best to keep this at 0)
8: How far out fire can appear from the explosion center

This is a global proc so it doesn't run like "mob.explosion(arguments)" it just runs as explosion(arguments)
Setting the epicentre to get_turf(mob) (Where mob is the mob you want to explode) *Should* kill the mob as well.
私は完璧
Rolan7
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Rolan7

Re: Coding question: Exploding

Post by Rolan7 » #1947

And if not you can always just call gib() on the mob. Probably want to store the turf, gib the mob, then do the explosion. Don't want to call gib() on a mob that's already been deleted...
The EMPEROR OF MANKIND wants YOU to squash bugs. They are symptoms of CHAOS.