6%

Total votes: 36

Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

[closed PR](Poll) Autoinjectors

Post by Tokiko2 » #18344

Link to PR: https://github.com/NTStation/NTstation13/pull/804

(Old sprites, will be changed!)

This adds autoinjectors to medkits and the medivends. They are similar to hyposprays, but only hold 8u of medicine, inject 4u per use and are not refillable in any way. There are 4 kinds of them: bicaridine, kelotane, antitoxin and dexalin.

They're intended for chaotic situations where you need to give someone medicine but don't want to(or can't) stand still for a moment to inject them with syringes or pills. Balance wise, they hold less units than pills/syringes per slot and they also have less uses per slot than ointments/bruisepacks/syringes.

Other changes in this: Replaces pills in medkits with autoinjectors(except toxin kit, where the syringes are replaced instead). Adds 5 syringes each of bicaridine and kelotane to the medivend.

Edit: Closed this PR.
Last edited by Tokiko2 on Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Re: (Poll) Autoinjectors

Post by Cipher3 » #18349

So basically the follow-up to medipens.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Tokiko2

Post by Tokiko2 » #18353

Somewhat! Paprika told me that they were based on a real thing which is a one use thing, but for gameplay reasons I didn't want single use injectors so there's these two use injector things now. The old one use medipens containing inaprovaline are still in though.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #18384

You have my vote if they come with a free parrot!
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #18437

The real life thing that is used for, Epipens, are to solve extreme allergic reactions so they don't kill you. They inject you with adrenaline.
I feel as though we should have something similar, autoinjector of adrenaline that cause a person in crit to temporarily go back to red flashing status, have full movement speed and shit but as soon as he goes down after the adrenaline in his body has run out he dies quicker.

This would be a good addition pls work your coder magic.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #18439

Epens, or Auto Injectors, are typically administered in someone's thigh, you lean over them to prevent the patient from moving and you hold then pen for about 10 seconds, making sure you don't accidentally hold the pen the wrong way and inject yourself.

Pens are a one-use item, and have an expirery date. They are also a bit pricy.

Game play wise this would be a good addition.
ACCount

Post by ACCount » #18602

Adding medipens is fine, but replacing pills is not. Pills can hold more chemicals and you can dissolve pills in a beaker or a bottle to get that chemicals.

And why 8u/4u, not 15u/5u like syringes?
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #18605

Medipens are already in the game and a replacement for the 15u inaprov syringes that literally nobody uses ever.

To be honest i don't mind tokiko adding this as a replacement for pills because pills are fucking stupid. Would you really give someone a pill for a giant laser burn on their arm? An injection of healer spess chems seems a lot better than shoving meds down someone's face.

But multi-use on the medipens is still dumb because not only is it imbalanced but it's completely against the entire point of them having two sprites and being single use unlike syringes or hyposprays. I mean come on.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Cipher3 » #18606

Well, medipens did the same thing by replacing (15u) Inaprovaline syringes with (5u) MediPens containing the same thing.
Spoiler:

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #18607

Yeah but you don't have to wait there with your pants down waiting for a medipen to inject on someone, you know if you hit them with it and they're in crit they'll stop taking breathloss damage and you can drag them to medbay or administer first-aid without having to worry about them dying on the way there (unless they *deathgasp like a lil bitch)
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Tokiko2

Post by Tokiko2 » #18609

ACCount wrote:Adding medipens is fine, but replacing pills is not. Pills can hold more chemicals and you can dissolve pills in a beaker or a bottle to get that chemicals.

And why 8u/4u, not 15u/5u like syringes?
Just in the medkits though. You can still get pills from chemistry and I left the ones in the toxic kit because they're 50u. The oxygen kit still has 2 dexalin pills aswell. I could also readd the pills to the medivend.

8u/4u because I don't want them to be superior syringes. A medibelt filled with filled syringes should still be an viable option when these injectors get added.

Also paprika I still don't see how these are unbalanced. Please elaborate on this.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #18610

I already explained this to you and you decided to ignore it but ok. You can only use pills once typically and they heal large amounts of damage but the tradeoff is that you waste a lot of chemicals if you use them to treat small amounts of damage. With a medipen being multi-use, you can spread it out multiple times instead of using it up all at once. More convenient? Yes! Defeating the purpose and unbalancing them? Absolutely!
Tokiko2

Post by Tokiko2 » #18612

But syringes filled with medicine already do exactly the same thing. And they hold 7u more per syringe and you get 1 more use for each syringe compared to an injector.

And I did rebalance them after your feedback, which is why they now have less uses and hold less units than syringes.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #18615

Are you missing the part where I said you should balance them around being single-use instead of balancing them around being multi-use because it defeats the purpose?

They'd be better as just a simple IC replacement for pills (because autoinjectors make more sense than pills for burns at least) and there's no reason to overhaul how they work just for the sake of your personal convenience as a doctor. Pills are in the kits for a reason you know.
ACCount

Post by ACCount » #18634

Tokiko2 wrote:8u/4u because I don't want them to be superior syringes. A medibelt filled with filled syringes should still be an viable option when these injectors get added.
A medibelt with syringes is better than medibelt with injectors because syringes can be loaded with 5u dexplus+10u delight. One syringe of that mix is enought to save someone from deep crit. There is no point in keeping medipens that small because you cannot reload a medipen with your custom healing supermix, this is a big downside.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #18635

A autoinjector would inject the contents instantly, a pill or syringe would take a few seconds and if they are wearing as mask then you have to remove that as well.
ACCount

Post by ACCount » #18637

A few seconds matters only when target is at -95hp. And medinjectors was nerfed to the bottom and cant inject suited targets.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #18639

Medipens are not the endgame and syringes or pills will always be better but medipens are instant and convenient even if they're weaker.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #18646

Maybe Medipens can be synthesised at medbay at a special machine? It would take a while (Similar to the Viro's Machine but with a 10-15 second cool down) but it means a constant source of low level healing items.

Medipens may be mediocre healing items, but they make up for it for injecting instantly, have a reliable steam of them, and people not whining that your trying to shove poison down their throats and beating you up.
Tokiko2

Post by Tokiko2 » #18652

Nevermind, closed the pull request.

Paprika is right, they would be nicer a single use items. But at the same time they would be completely inferior to pills and syringes unless there was a way to get more of them or refill them that is faster and easier than cargo. I don't want to make them refillable because the is what the hypospray is for and getting more of them using the chem machines is too difficult for me to code.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #18742

ColonicAcid wrote: autoinjector of adrenaline that cause a person in crit to temporarily go back to red flashing status, have full movement speed and shit but as soon as he goes down after the adrenaline in his body has run out he dies quicker.
or use the code for this??
I mean yeah you would have to code a new chemical but still you could even use this as a traitor item.
as in an implant that if you go into crit automatically injects you, removes all stuns bla bla bla and you can either run away or get revenge or some shit i dunno.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
paprika
Rarely plays

Re: [closed PR](Poll) Autoinjectors

Post by paprika » #18787

Isn't there an adrenaline chem already that removes all stuns and snaps you back up with a speed boost? The one the ninja uses, unless ninja just uses a 'remove stun' code rather than an actual adrenaline chem.
ChangelingRain
Byond Username: ChangelingRain
Github Username: ChangelingRain

Post by ChangelingRain » #18802

There isn't an adrenaline chem, it does exactly that.
Plays Joan Lung and various AIs and cyborgs with mythology and magical creature-themed names. Joan on IRC.
earth-clawing illuminati trans girl
Tokiko2

Post by Tokiko2 » #18803

Making some kind of adrenaline chem seems like a good idea, might implement it in my reagent expansion.
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #18964

Synaptizine lowers duration of all forms of stuns, including normal stuns, weakens, paralysis, and drowsiness. It also stops hallucinations and removes Mindbreaker faster than antitoxin.
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Cipher3 » #19249

Traitors have an implant to remove stuns and go faster and heal slightly as well as the freedom implant to remove cuffs. But it's not a crit thing, it's emote based.
Spoiler:

Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.