Baycode

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Baycode

Post by Skorvold » #27957

Rather then just saying "eh fuck it" why not startover with Baycode?
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Re: Baycode

Post by Gun Hog » #27991

Bay's code, but we need to modify the map so that death-gas flooding is once again do-able without the need for modification! There are probably other map adjustments needed such that we can play according to our standards and not theirs.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #28001

From what I understand we were gonna do this for a week?
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #28022

Branching NT off from baycode should have happened in the first place as /tg/ is intended for large populations like Sybil and bay works better with smaller populations like Artyom (rip)...

That said, I'd port over all my stuff and probably some more if that somehow revived the server.
Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #28046

Tokiko2 wrote:Branching NT off from baycode should have happened in the first place as /tg/ is intended for large populations like Sybil and bay works better with smaller populations like Artyom (rip)...

That said, I'd port over all my stuff and probably some more if that somehow revived the server.
Server revival is priority here, we could keep the NTcodebase and get our population back if we were on Baycode.
Spoiler:
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #28124

Please port all the good things to tg regardless. Having to play without all the FUN is truly suffering.
Fragnostic
Byond Username: Fragnostic

Post by Fragnostic » #28150

Could be fun, but I think if we use Baycode everything, including atmos, we are going to see some major griffans going on since the playerbase shifts more towards antaghunt, lelvalidkills, 420 pauergaem wub wub wub. Baycode is all about realisms, RP, and genuine immersion. Can we hold this community to those standards; are we holding the community to those standards? It should be tried at least, it could work for us. But I'm afraid the whole thing is very griffable. I mean, 4 canisters of gas open in a room filled with glass shards is major griffe, but it can be argued it's the fault of whoever opens that airlock. Or loss of limbs. Dragging injured people. Kinda says something about the new abusable features this codebase has when we can't even handle spinning chairs as ghosts.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #28158

I highly doubt switching Artyom to baycode will fix the population problem.

We already have a server that is dedicated to a high level of roleplay, with a very fleshed out lore, tight administration and excepted etiquette. Baystation!

--

Not to mention looking at bay's features and deciding which ones to keep and which to toss. Atmo and Medical are a nightmare to begin with as well as security weapons require about 20 hits to stun someone. How long of a round are we expecting? 20 minutes, 30 minutes? An hour?

What level of roleplay are we expecting. Baycode is built around roleplay as the central focus, hence why medical and security and atmo and everything is very realistic and punishing, because its expected the players will roleplay. Meaning they won't be running around at full speed after getting a bullet in the leg, or opening airlocks to grab something or whatever.

--

I feel this is just a desperation move to revive a corpse. Artyom is dead, and I doubt switching to baycode will save it.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #28170

Steelpoint wrote:I feel this is just a desperation move to revive a corpse. Artyom is dead, and I doubt switching to baycode will save it.
^
At this point we want NTstation contributors to be ripping features out of NT like vultures and porting them over to main tgstation.
私は完璧
Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #28180

I don't really care much about Artyom to be honest. I just enjoy and alternative codebase.

I'd also like to remind you that the atmospherics and medical system of Bay can be easily tweaked.
Spoiler: