Integrated sec/medical HUD for the AI

A place to record your ideas for the game.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Integrated sec/medical HUD for the AI

Post by paprika » #5342

when
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Re: Integrated sec/medical HUD for the AI

Post by Psyentific » #5352

paprika wrote:when
Give the AI pAI-like features/data resource. For Points, you can buy pre-set do-it-for-you Telecomms scripts, Med/Sechud overlays, always-open auto-refreshing crew monitoring console, a selectable list/window dedicated entirely to all the air alarms and APCs. You can buy flashlights on cameras (Flares instead?), or you can convert a camera to Motion/X-Ray for a fixed cost per camera.
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
AseaHeru
Rarely plays

Post by AseaHeru » #5426

Ah... The main features of the HUDS (being able to edit there files) will be useless for an AI.

It would, however, be nice if they could see the icons that their borgs can see.
I am located here, lurking in your posts, leaving piles of transparent wordings and being confused. Oh, I also try to map...

This, this is an example of what I leave for you.
Also, these days I mostly play Ursit McStation, mostly because I like roleplay.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #5460

Psyentific wrote:You can buy flashlights on cameras.
I'm fairly certain most, if not all cameras actually have lights on them, Unless I'm losing my mind here.

Edit: The Camera the AI is looking through can be toggled for lights, but it's only that camera, and only when the AI is in it.
私は完璧
Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #5484

Remie Richards wrote:
I'm fairly certain most, if not all cameras actually have lights on them, Unless I'm losing my mind here.

Edit: The Camera the AI is looking through can be toggled for lights, but it's only that camera, and only when the AI is in it.
That's terrible. I wanna see dim, emergency-red lighting on all cameras.
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #5498

Psyentific wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:

That's terrible. I wanna see dim, emergency-red lighting on all cameras.
But then I can't smash every bulb on the station in five minutes and be super spooky!
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #5599

I could MAYBE code this. If it is REALLY wanted, because this would not be easy for a coder of my limited experience. (In BYOND)
Neerti
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Neerti

Post by Neerti » #5600

Look at ody med HUDs. There might be a proc for it.
ImageImage
- Game Admin -
Feel free to PM me on the forums or IRC with questions, concerns, feedback, or just talk about stuff.
Have I not met my hitler quota this month?
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #5603

Oddy Medhuds are nothing more than a snowflake pair of hudglasses that get placed on your face whenever you enter the mech. So...those are of no help :/
Neerti
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Neerti

Post by Neerti » #5608

>Mechs in charge of not being snowflake.
ImageImage
- Game Admin -
Feel free to PM me on the forums or IRC with questions, concerns, feedback, or just talk about stuff.
Have I not met my hitler quota this month?
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #5937

AI should be able to see who's set to arrest and people's ID icons at the very least.

If he can't see their health levels, whatever, that's not so much of a big deal to me since not being able to tell when humans are harmed is kind of a fun gameplay mechanic. You gotta look for blood and stuff through the cameras instead of just a health bar.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #6128

So I made a thing....
Screenshot 2014-05-15 10.56.20.png
Notes: It is based on the pAI version of SecHUDs, so no implant detection (which is a good thing). You must manually set someone to arrest, as AIs cannot examine. I figure simply making the Medical and SecHUDs part of "Silicon" instead of inside the pAI code itself is better, so both AIs and pAIs can run on the same proc without duplication. The example provided does NOT currently include this change, but if people actually want this, then I will code this to standard, to the best of my limited ability.
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #6129

Gun Hog wrote:I figure simply making the Medical and SecHUDs part of "Silicon" instead of inside the pAI code itself is better, so both AIs and pAIs can run on the same proc without duplication. The example provided does NOT currently include this change, but if people actually want this, then I will code this to standard, to the best of my limited ability.
Yes. That is a REQUIRED change should this be wanted. Otherwise it's far too much code duplication.
私は完璧
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #6171

Remie Richards wrote:
Gun Hog wrote:I figure simply making the Medical and SecHUDs part of "Silicon" instead of inside the pAI code itself is better, so both AIs and pAIs can run on the same proc without duplication. The example provided does NOT currently include this change, but if people actually want this, then I will code this to standard, to the best of my limited ability.
Yes. That is a REQUIRED change should this be wanted. Otherwise it's far too much code duplication.
I really like this idea, so I put a bit more work into it: Please see here!
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #6317

Gun Hog wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:

Code: Select all

regular_hud_updates()
 		if (src.hud_mode == SEC_HUD)
 			src.securityHUD(src.eyeobj)
 		if (src.hud_mode == MED_HUD)
 			src.medicalHUD(src.eyeobj)
My only gripe is this, Shouldn't regular_hud_updates() be called BELOW the secHud() and medHud() Calls? because what's the point in updating the Hud, if the state of the hud may change right after the update?
Besides that, It looks nice.
私は完璧
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #6355

Remie Richards wrote:
Gun Hog wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:

Code: Select all

regular_hud_updates()
 		if (src.hud_mode == SEC_HUD)
 			src.securityHUD(src.eyeobj)
 		if (src.hud_mode == MED_HUD)
 			src.medicalHUD(src.eyeobj)
My only gripe is this, Shouldn't regular_hud_updates() be called BELOW the secHud() and medHud() Calls? because what's the point in updating the Hud, if the state of the hud may change right after the update?
Besides that, It looks nice.
Because the regular_hud_updates() is one of deletion. It clears the hud of previously drawn elements, in preparation for the next. Here is a more polished version that I feel is perhaps ready for testing and putting up to PR. Let me know what you think! https://github.com/GunHog/-tg-station/c ... nsors_Beta

If you guys like the code here, I will put up a PR and poll in the Coding section! Just let me know!