Remove Secborgs?

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Skyclad.Observer

Remove Secborgs?

Post by Skyclad.Observer » #6158

What if we remove secborgs?

Now before you go all "I ded pls nerf", hear me out. A lot of the time, Secborgs are the most obnoxious and dickish of cyborgs. If you go by lawset, they're intended to stop humans from harming each other - A lot of the time however, the player behind it is playing it like Super Security. I can get arrested by a Secborg for breaking a window, and he'll law-one-human-harm me all the way to the brig. Officer All-lowers can accidently harmbaton a greytider, and suddenly the entire security force is tased and the brig is locked down. One secborg can tase an entire nuke ops squad down, and that same secborg can tase the entirety of Security down.

So what if we removed them? Let all the good silicons filter over to the glorious engiborg master race, let all the trash filter back into assistant.

Discuss
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Re: Remove Secborgs?

Post by Gun Hog » #6179

Please, no. Secborgs do not need to be removed. Both maps should have an Ion Rifle now, that is how you deal with a secborg (Or a flash, or flashbang). Secborgs should not truly care about break-ins unless it is the armory or some place where intent to cause harm is clear. As for harmful Security, that is a problem with Asimov more than it is a problem with just the borgs themselves. The more extreme examples you give here are bannable.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #6183

Guide to not having silicons not come down on your ass as human security.

1) Moderate the number of people you execute to a minimum. I personally almost always stick to this step.
2) Don't openly plot/plan/brag about how you are going to execute a criminal in front of a borg or other method the AI can become aware of it.
3) Do it somewhere the AI can't see, consider removing their suit sensors.
4) Dump the body, being a traitor should have trained you on this in the past.

No sympathy for neanderthal sec who openly brag they are going to kill someone to the AI can so they can valid kill the AI/borgs too.
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #6187

no.
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #6205

I had the idea a while ago but honestly it's less about sec borgs themselves and more about the players. It's like a lot of things on the station -- easily abused by novice players who interpret it wrong. A lot of people interpret it as KILLMURDERMEANMACHINE AI guard dog that stuns anyone who harms and lays down the law like an unstunnable force of justice but really all sec borgs should be is glorified beepskies as asimov that are fun as fuck during malf/traitor. As soon as players realize that (there's quite a few on artyom that do, mind you) it'll be better for everyone. Beepsky doesn't come in and fuck with sec just because they might slap a prisoner around, but he does serve up people set to arrest on a hot plate because he's awesome as fuck.

Borgs got their laws, but rather than taking action into your own hands 24/7 because you have a taser gun and then complaining when security tries to get you killed/flashes you/beats you to death maybe try dissuading sec from hurting people instead of being 'that guy' that interprets the laws as a reason to be a shit eater griefer when sec kicks that brig IEDer in the ribs. Sure it's not fun to see but nobody is going to ban request you or lock you down or blow you up for not tasing security immediately. If it gets out of hand you should probably tell the AI and let the AI talk to security and wait for -orders from the AI- before you intervene with anything anyway.

Holy shit, I can't count the number of times I'd question an AI over PDA about its sec borg tasing a sec officer and it would be like 'I don't know I didn't tell him to do that' so when in doubt -ASK THE FUKKEN AI FIRST- so the blame is on the AI if you do something retarded :roll:
Incomptinence wrote:No sympathy for neanderthal sec who openly brag they are going to kill someone to the AI can so they can valid kill the AI/borgs too.
No sympathy for retarded borgs that bust in or release a prisoner or tase a sec officer because MUH HARM. Which do you think happens more often?
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Lovecraft
Byond Username: Rabukurafuto

Post by Lovecraft » #6212

As someone who's involved with Security most rounds, I feel like Security Borgs have their uses.
Are there going to be terrible Borgs? Of course.
Does every role that plays an importanter than average part in rounds attract terrible players? Of course.
I just don't see a need to snip the slot altogether due to some bad seeds.
Friendly reminder that you are beautiful and this server would be nothing without your continued support
I play August Finster, a suave midget with a grudge, as well as Francis Heart, the naked guitarist of the Cosmos.
Spoiler:
Nobody is worthless. PM me anytime to talk.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #6233

paprika wrote:
Incomptinence wrote:No sympathy for neanderthal sec who openly brag they are going to kill someone to the AI can so they can valid kill the AI/borgs too.
No sympathy for retarded borgs that bust in or release a prisoner or tase a sec officer because MUH HARM. Which do you think happens more often?
If they are crashing down on your despite no reliable indication you are going to kill/beat (not guy screaming shitcurity for example) then they are dicks and it is probably metagaming. Get em banned.
AseaHeru
Rarely plays

Post by AseaHeru » #6276

See above for my comment, its the same as paprika's and Incomptinence's
I am located here, lurking in your posts, leaving piles of transparent wordings and being confused. Oh, I also try to map...

This, this is an example of what I leave for you.
Also, these days I mostly play Ursit McStation, mostly because I like roleplay.