XenoBio Florist!

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Facundo

XenoBio Florist!

Post by Facundo » #13037

Since we have so many types of kudzu, couldn't we have a few trays in xenobio to grow and mutate the different types of kuzdu? I agree most are detrimental but the one that eats plasma could be incredibly useful, on that note, It would be neat if kudzu could grow in places like the sindicate shuttle...
WeeYakk
Byond Username: Yakk

Re: XenoBio Florist!

Post by WeeYakk » #13082

Can't botany already do this????
Facundo

Post by Facundo » #13134

Well, yes, but xeno has a secure area with shields, and so far the only way to see if the kudzu is special or not is to plant it. So, maybe having a secure area and a scythe in hydro?
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #13136

I recently had a round as RD where one of my scientists was experimenting with the kuzdu. I am pretty sure that scientist tested it out on the Clown planet, because when I went there, the place was completely and utterly covered in the stuff. We had to seal the gateway area off, because it somehow came through the portal. I never managed to ask what mutation it was. It had quite a long stun time, though.
Facundo

Post by Facundo » #13173

I was that scientist(trying out a mad scientist concept), it was during a Danno extended event(very cool event by the way) where early in the round an anomaly left xeno unusable, so I migrated to telescience and then to hydro to prepare things, but the problem is, until you plant the kudzu you don't know if it's an special strand or not, I am not too sure yet, becouse I was not able to get a new different strand, the stats about that kudzu I was able to make is this

the ones I tried in the clown planet were of potencies ranging from 78, 85 and 100, they all produced 5 of other chemicals, I should had blended them to see what it was, nonetheless, they all were that strand that impairs vision to 1 block and stuns you.

So basically the thing needed is, to either have a place where to try this in botany, a sort of contaiment, you can make do if you take things from the garden and the communal hydro room and the chemist grants you mutagen and sugar but, the most pressing problem is that I am still not sure if you can get different strands by planting them