PROBABILITIES INTENSIFY [PLEASE READ]

A place to record your ideas for the game.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

PROBABILITIES INTENSIFY [PLEASE READ]

Post by paprika » #14713

SO in my quest to forever make artyom a better place for everyone by making people cry I've discovered that our gamemode probabilities were never properly changed, and are mostly the same as sybil (iirc). Since we have a different codebase and server and all that I think it would be a good idea to change up our probabilities to support our lower amount of players and I think this could help grow our server population faster at a better pace, by tailoring it a bit more towards what our community likes and wants by adding back meteor mode.

Once a new probability list has been crafted there will be a separate forum poll on it, but for now I will need a long discussion on the game mode probs for secret from the community so I can shape a new prob list that everyone can mostly agree on. Please direct people you see on the server that might be absent from the forums here, this is sort of important.

The current list:

An explanation for those who don't know: this is a weighted list, and before casting your opinion I urge you to understand what that means. There's a simple explanation herethat I found on google in 5 seconds: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4511 ... ghted-list

It's pretty straight forward though.

I move we re-add extended at a low prob, like 1, and up the numbers for everything else so that extended is possible again but not as possible as it used to be back on basil. That's my first change, anyway.

Please keep in mind your favorite game modes like rev probably do not have a high prob for a reason, aka it removes all the element of the rare surprise and security will meta the living shit out of it if it's a higher prob. A lot of the game modes being equal in terms of prob is a big balancing issue which needs to remain. No real reason wizard should be so high, even if it's fun, because it can obliterate low pop servers.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Re: PROBABILITIES INTENSIFY [PLEASE READ]

Post by Tokiko2 » #14716

My thoughts on this:
All 20+ player gamemodes should generally have a higher weighting because Artyom does not always reach that amount of readied players so that when we get enough, there should be a good chance that we actually get to play those exclusive modes. The 30+ player modes should have a much higher weighting because that amount of readied players is incredibly rare. In fact, I haven't seen a single blob mode round on Artyom yet. Or maybe make it a 20 player mode.

Cult should be somewhat common. Those rounds are always eventful which is something that Artyom needs.

Double agents should be higher aswell. Same reason as cult.

Not sure about wizard. I dislike the mode personally but I understand that a lot of people like it. But I still think it should not be more common than cult or rev.

If blob is made into a 20 player mode it should be around as common as cult. It's a short, eventful round where the entire crew can help fight an antagonist.

Nuclear emergency should be probably a bit more rare than cult. It tends to be terrible on lowpop where there's often no security at all.

Malf should be bit more common. Malf winrate on Artyom seems to be somewhat balanced so why not play this more often?

Not sure about rev. I like the mode but it tends to play bad on low pop. Maybe as common as nuke ops?

Extended should remain out of the list. Artyom already has plenty of quiet traitor rounds that play exactly like extended rounds and if an admin wants to run an event, they can just force a gamemode.

Meteormode should remain out of the list until it's fixed and expanded upon. Again, I liked this mode but it's not enjoyable in its current state.

Traitor/Traitorchan/Changeling probability is fine as it is.

If I had to put it in a weighted list format, it would be like this:
Traitor: 5
Traitorchan: 4
Double_Agents: 4
Nuclear: 2
Revolution: 2
Cult: 4
Changeling: 1
Wizard: 2 or 3
Malfunction: 3
Blob: 4
Meteor: 0
Extended: 0
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #14727

rev 100
everything else 0
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #14733

Set them all to three, meteor and extended to one, and let RNG handle the rest.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #14875

Blob president
other peasant
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #14951

Tokiko2 wrote:If I had to put it in a weighted list format, it would be like this:
Traitor: 5
Traitorchan: 4
Double_Agents: 4
Nuclear: 2
Cult: 4
Wizard: 2 or 3
Malfunction: 3
traitor should be less common than traitorchan, for more variety in antags
DA is universally awful and pretty much everyone agrees that it's awful, so why would it be one of the most common modes?
I would personally like to see nuke be more common, since I love it, but I don't know about what others think.
Changeling should probably just be dropped in favor of traitorchan.
Wizard has the same appeal that you seem to think blob has so I don't understand why it would get a 2 or 3; the crew teams up against one very strong antag and lots of people die.
The rest seems fine to me. Fuck extended.
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #14982

miggles wrote:Changeling should probably just be dropped in favor of traitorchan.
I see literally no problem with this honestly.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #15165

I would like to see Nops and Revolution to have more probablity to happen. Literally the best rounds of ss13 is when shit's FUCKED and you gotta do the impossible and you do it.

IE: Being the last revhead/nukeops and killing the last head/getting the disk all by yourself while half of the station is destroyed by the singularity and all you've got is some soap and a spray bottle.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #15249

Here's what I came up with.

Traitor: 4 (Bread and butter of ss13, should always be the highest, but I'd like to bring it in line with traitor chan because simply traitor rounds can get kind of boring)
Traitorchan: 4 (Same as above)
Double_Agents: 3 (Kind of chaotic and universally unliked by a lot of people, but still a fun change-up from traitor)
Nuclear: 3 (Great team game mode but short rounds, should not happen every other round because of the element of surprise)
Revolution: 2 (Element of surprise is key with rev, yeah it doesn't happen often but it can be completely shitty 3 minute long round on artyom which isn't really fun when we finally get 20 players to ready)
Cult: 3 (Another good team antag game mode, but with longer rounds, no reason this should be any lower)
Changeling: 1 (Meh... It's cool to prey on the station as a pack of lings but not fun for everyone else bored to tears when the lings just absorb genetics monkeys or cloned people all round. Practically extended anyway.)
Wizard: 3 (Wizard can be incredibly fun so I don't want to lower it to 2, but I don't want it to be higher than anything else because it's a single antag game mode a lot of the time and WIZARD ROUND over and over is shitty)
Malfunction: 2 (Requires an AI with the mode ticked, but needs to be rare like rev because otherwise it would get crushed by a competent crew or steamroll lowpop with sec borgs and the AI can always be a traitor more often than not)
Blob: 2 (Another single antag game mode, since it's been lowered to 20 players now there's no reason for it to have a high prob)
Meteor: 0 (Broken)
Extended: 0 (People seem generally okay with this being the case on artyom atm, if I was to readd it I would weight everything else as higher so it was extremely rare)
miggles

Post by miggles » #15293

i agree with all of those
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #15376

I will make a seperate poll for my probs later, but any last minute feedback here for them before I do? I'm sure scaredy would be okay with changing the probs should there be a successful week-long poll on it or so.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #15400

Would prefer changeling to be higher. On traitorchan on Artyom I generally see one changeling, who's also often a traitor, and a bunch of normal traitors. The traitor-changeling generally fails, and it defeats the point of things like hivemind discussion and broadcasting identities.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

miggles

Post by miggles » #15401

yeah except normal changeling is a 1 for the same reason that extended is 0
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Usednapkin

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #15431

No extended, no meteor, normal changeling is fun to have the inter-personal things happen between lings, no double agents as it's shit (double agents is as chaotic as rev, EXCEPT only like 7 people are antags and no one knows what's going on. It's horrible),
Traitor: 4
Traitorchan: 3
Double_Agents: 0
Nuclear: 3
Revolution: 3
Cult: 3
Changeling: 2
Wizard: 3
Malfunction: 2
There
i play :):):):):)autumn sinnow
this man's:):):):):) army
DESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERD:):):):):)ESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROY:):):):):)ERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDEST:):):):):)ROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDES:):):):):)TROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYER
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #15441

Happy with that except blob is too high. By a lot.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #15477

420goslingboy69 wrote:shit
DA will be better if this is merged
https://github.com/NTStation/NTstation13/pull/742
Readds the paranoia and stuff.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #15601

Traitor: 4
Traitorchan: 3
Double_Agents: 2
Nuclear: 3
Cult: 3
Wizard: 3
Malfunction: 2
Blob: 2
Extended: 1

With the inclusion of the crew transfer shuttle votes at 2 hours into a round and subsequent hourly votes after that, I think it would be a good idea to readd extended into the mix of game modes as it gives people, especially on lowpop, a chance to cool off and maybe encourage more roleplay. Yes, extended is boring, but with a low prob like this it could perhaps be a nice break from the rest of the game types, and now that we have crew transfer shuttles, we won't need to be in an extended round more than usual, and admins can always do fun stuff with the rounds rather than having to force them.

Anyone agree?
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #15630

Heavily agree with the list above. I have a personnel dislike to cult, but that's just preference.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #15935

Will make a new thread for the poll and further discussion, this can be locked.