New Chem: Speed/Crystal/Crack

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Nnelg

New Chem: Speed/Crystal/Crack

Post by Nnelg » #15627

So, basically the idea is to include a drug based on stimulants such as Methamphetamine and Cocaine. The working name for this is "Space Dust".

The primary effect of Space Dust is to continuously produce Hyperzine in the body, thus allowing for sanic speed movement much longer than a straight shot of Hyperzine would give you. Additionally, Space Dust counteracts and/or cancels out with various tranquilizing drugs in set ratios.

However, Space Dust has several side effects which make it harmful to the user. First off, vital information on the HUD is obscured: health always reads as green or "100%" regardless of injury, while warnings for hunger, plasma inhalation, O2 deprivation et cetera never appear. Spikes in body heat as in fever also occur frequently. It is impossible to use the "Sleep" command while on Space Dust.

Long enough periods of consistent usage can lead to more severe complications. Seizures, Hallucinations, and Toxin Damage are all symptoms of overdose. The rate at which these occur is random, so it's impossible to be sure how much is too much. (Keep some Sleep Toxin on hand to try to end it quickly should overdose occur.)

Production is a simple mix of three common compounds: Welder Fuel, Space Cleaner, and Spaceacillin. Proposed formula is:

Code: Select all

20 Welder Fuel + 5 Space Cleaner + 5 Spaceacillin = 5 Space Dust
Space Dust can additionally be processed into a smokeable form, "Space Rock", by mixing it with Baking Soda (new cooking chem) and water.

To offset its new illicit usage, Spaceacillin will be buffed up to the broad-spectrum antiviral it was meant to be. It will last a very long time in the body (several minutes for one 5u injection) and suppress all diseases - although it won't cure them.

A new advanced plant will be available which contains natural Spaceacillin, probably from mutating a Cocoa plant. I'm thinking "Kingsfoil"...

Anyways, I know I haven't been on lately but I had this idea after jumping through hurdles to purchase Pseudoephedrine (used to make Meth) the other day, and just had to share it.
Last edited by Nnelg on Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Re: New Chem: Speed/Crystal/Crack

Post by imblyings » #15633

viruses have a symptom that create hyperzine, which is far safer, permanent and usually comes along with a host of other decent side-effects
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Kot
Byond Username: KotMroku

Post by Kot » #15644

>people playing virologist on Artyom lowpop

But yeah that's a bit retarded, especially the recipe.
An0n3 wrote:ARGH LETS YIFF MATEY
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
Kavaloosh

Post by Kavaloosh » #15649

Kot wrote:>people playing virologist on Artyom lowpop

But yeah that's a bit retarded, especially the recipe.
you don't even need hyperzine on artyom, you already go the maximum speed
Confront them with annihilation, and they will then survive; plunge them into a deadly situation, and they will then live. When people fall into danger, they are then able to strive for victory.
Kot

Post by Kot » #15651

Not when you wear a spacesuit or a rig or you're cold or shit.
Generally hyperzine is mostly useful for miners is not useful because mining is shit anyways.
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
Nnelg

Post by Nnelg » #15680

Kot wrote:But yeah that's a bit retarded, especially the recipe.
It's based on real recipes for Meth and Coke.

Meth = Vick's + Hydrochloric Acid + Lye + Engine Starter Fluid
Coke = Cocoa Leaves + Gasoline + Acid + Ammonia

Kavaloosh wrote:you don't even need hyperzine on artyom, you already go the maximum speed
Oh; I'm afraid I haven't played for a while and didn't know which side won the speed war on Artyom. (Although I remember the polls favored the slower speed greatly...)

imblyings wrote:viruses have a symptom that create hyperzine, which is far safer, permanent and usually comes along with a host of other decent side-effects
One more reason why this drug is unnecessary and should be taken off the streets.

Of course people will still do it because it's a lot easier to make than a stim virus. (Also, some people will want to do it just because.)
Kot

Post by Kot » #15683

Thx for recipes will try them out in home :*.

Anyway, uh whathever, just replace the Baking Soda with something else, we don't need special snowflake item used in only one recipe and it might be passable.
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
Nnelg

Post by Nnelg » #15696

Kot wrote:Anyway, uh whathever, just replace the Baking Soda with something else, we don't need special snowflake item used in only one recipe and it might be passable.
I'd probably add a few food recipes and/or tweak existing ones to use it. The alternative would be to forgo the smokeable version entirely, which would certainly be easier.
Kavaloosh

Post by Kavaloosh » #15706

Nnelg wrote:
Kavaloosh wrote:you don't even need hyperzine on artyom, you already go the maximum speed
Oh; I'm afraid I haven't played for a while and didn't know which side won the speed war on Artyom. (Although I remember the polls favored the slower speed greatly...)
you're literally completely wrong
Confront them with annihilation, and they will then survive; plunge them into a deadly situation, and they will then live. When people fall into danger, they are then able to strive for victory.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #15746

for a virologist who isn't dumb and isn't getting some bad rng luck, the stim symptom for viruses is pretty easy to get and doesn't require rare plasma either.

why not add stun resistance as well to your crack thing and balance it out by having it randomly cause brute loss while keeping the health indicator at 100.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #15751

I love the idea of a revolution fuelled by stun-resistant speedy meth that peters out as they all collapse into hallucinations.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Kot

Post by Kot » #15759

imblyings wrote:for a virologist who isn't dumb and isn't getting some bad rng luck, the stim symptom for viruses is pretty easy to get and doesn't require rare plasma either.
It's easy, IF there is a virologist. We're talking NTStation, most of time there is not enough people to fill at least half of positions.
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #15772

people will play what they want to play, not what is "needed"
there are plenty rounds with geneticists but no doctors, detectives with no officers, bartenders and no hop, etc
people dont play virologist often because it sucks
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
ike709
Byond Username: Ike709

Post by ike709 » #16506

This needs to be added. Gangcargo has been made a thing now we need gangchemistry
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #16515

Gangcargo has an issue though in the form of IT TAKES MAX RND UPGRADES TO MAKE A SIMPLE PIECE OF MACHINERY THE SIZE OF MY HAND. Seriously though. Makes the Glock impossible.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Swagile
Byond Username: Swagile

Post by Swagile » #16523

Cipher3 wrote:Gangcargo has an issue though in the form of IT TAKES MAX RND UPGRADES TO MAKE A SIMPLE PIECE OF MACHINERY THE SIZE OF MY HAND. Seriously though. Makes the Glock impossible.
do you want round start glocks

no?

good.

/tg/ station github 420 issues
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #16560

I'm trying my hand at coding a large reagent rebalancing/expansion inspired by goonchem and I'll probably add something very similar to this as one of the new ghetto chemistry stimulants.
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #25174

things with welding fuel in it always end wel-rip
The future is horrible!
Alphameta

Post by Alphameta » #27254

Or you can be creative with the many drugs you already can make... I make space meth with 7 part space drug and 3 part mindbreaker... other things have other side effects and you can mix them to make a copy of a drug that really is a thing... you can inject chems into deathsticks already so why not shove stuff in there... also speed is already a thing....
fháil scriosta