/tg/station Toolbox Charity Tournament 2.0

CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

/tg/station Toolbox Charity Tournament 2.0

Post by CitrusGender » #514955

Expected event date: Saturday, October 12th, 2019 at 4PM EST (9PM GMT+1, 1PM PST)
Expected location: Event Hall Server

NEW: register your team directly on Challonge! Please include all 3 of your byond usernames and a discord contact in the description. Please note any alternates.
If you would like, you can also register on google docs if you are extremely against making an account. (Please notify me if you do this, I might not check it.) Find a team here! (opens up google spreadsheet)

We had an extremely successful competition last time and I'm looking forward to a new toolbox tournament this year!

Charity and donation information
Click here to donate for /tg/station at their website!
Spoiler:
There will be more info here as time goes on. As of now, we have decided to use Extra Life as our charity of choice for this event. They donate all funds from our /tg/ page to the Children's Miracle Network. All donations stay local to fund critical treatments, healthcare services, pediatric medical equipment and charitable care. We have a goal right now of $3,000 dollars USD but we hope that we can break that goal. There is an optional $5 dollar donation upon registering (not required), but anyone is welcome to donate!

Some perks for donating: (More coming soon!)
  • For donations of 5 dollars or above
  • VIP lounge access during the event (PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR CKEY AND DISCORD ID IN THE DONATION MESSAGE, I CANNOT GUARANTEE YOU WILL GET IN IF YOU DONATE BEFORE THE DAY OF THE EVENT)
  • Seperate Discord Role in the main /tg/ discord

For donations of 50 dollars or above
  • Based in General rank on discord for the weeks before the event.
  • Can post in admin auditorium for the weeks before the event.

For donations of 100 or above
  • Special shoutout in #announcements
Make sure to put your discord name when you donate so I can give you your role!
Tournament Format and Information.
Spoiler:
The tournament (as of now) will be a single elimination style tournament with teams of three. This means that each team will be eliminated when they lose. We cannot guarantee that all teams will play the same amount of rounds since that would require the number of teams to be a power of 2 (which isn't exactly guaranteed) Some teams may play more rounds than others, unfortunately. The tournament will be a 3 versus 3 arena-style team battle where each member of each team will receive a toolbox. The team with the last man standing will be declared the winning team. The losing team will be eliminated. Additionally, Since we do not know the number of players who will be participating in the event, we are unable to tell how many rounds will be played but we believe there will be about 5-7 rounds depending on how many teams we receive.

You can see the previous arena made by Okand from the past tournament here (just to show how big the arena is)
Tournament Rules
Spoiler:
Team rules
  1. Teams MUST not use any performance-enhancing chemical reagents during the arena match (No Ephedrine, Meth, etc.) Any players found violating this will have their team AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIED
  2. Teams and all players are allowed to use out of game communication (skype, discord, etc) during this event.
  3. Only teams of 3 are allowed. Teams are allowed to have optional backup players but they will not receive prize money.
  4. Each team should have a team captain that can be talked to on discord (preferably) or in-game.
  5. There is no guarantee you will be able to get into the server depending number amount of people going to the event. If you are a part of a team, you should get there early.
  6. If a team does not have three people at the time of their match, they will automatically forfeit their match.
  7. Teams should report when they win to their designated admin contact (We will figure out who this is closer to the date)
Fighting rules
  1. All forms of combat are allowed. You may throw your teammates/opponents at your foes, you may disarm your opponent, and you may throw your toolbox.
  2. No objects from outside the arena other than what is given to you may be used.(I.E. you should be without any jumpsuit and clothing going into the arena.)
Tournament prize will be $75 dollars in steam games/keys distributed in total to all 3 winners (25 dollars each)! This can be distributed in selected games by the participants or CS:GO keys.

Needed help:
ADMIN ONLY POSITIONS:
Spoiler:
Facilitator
We will likely require 3-4 admins to be in charge of handling requests by players this includes:
  • Getting players to their arena (probably the majority of what is needed and why this is particularly needed)
  • Talking with team captains to make sure all players are here
  • Reporting the winner of each match
  • Handling misc requests
Bracket staff
We will likely need 1-2 admins to help us out with the bracket. This will involve helping us manage the bracket and receiving the reports from the facilitator admins about who won each match and recording that to the bracket. We're expecting a lot of people during the event so this will be an important role.

On duty admin
Any admin can apply for this and any amount is acceptable. There will likely be griefing and people who cause problems, so we'd just like some people to be on duty to handle ahelps.

DJ
yeah sure why not (ONLY ONE ADMIN PLEASE)
ADMINS AND NON-ADMINS POSITIONS
Spoiler:
MAPPER
Feel free to reach out to me if you're interested in taking a look at the map and even mapping the event itself. Someone reached out to me last time during the ball but I forgot to respond, so I apologize about that. If you have any mapping experience and would like to help out, feel free to reach out to me. I promise I'll respond back.

Security
We could really use people who designate themselves as security for the event to maintain order. Usually, this is good for people who can be trusted with the role. Likely there will be people who roll for the role when the round commences but we would be happy to suit up people for security if they're not participating in the event.
If you're interested in one of these roles (or you have any other questions), feel free to Forum PM me or ping me on discord @CitrusGender ✓ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ ᵃᶜᶜᵒᵘⁿᵗ#0366

Here's some footage from the previous tournament:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: /tg/station Toolbox Charity Tournament 2.0

Post by oranges » #514956

sounds like a great idea, thanks citrus
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #514957

I'm happy to throw in some game keys I might have spare, if you need something for a potential prize pool.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Sandshark808
Byond Username: Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #514958

Naked assistant wrestling :thinking:
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #514963

the only good event we do
[this space reserved]
Plapatin
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Plapatin
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by Plapatin » #514966

wesoda25 wrote:the only good event we do
wesoda25 wrote:i had a dream that me and some friends were like in this tribal village and we were all doing cocaine around this massive bonfire and I kept seeing all these foreshadowing elements that we were gonna die but i just did more cocaine
OrdoM wrote:Argent, a swan argent over a saltire vert - the vert representing the vomit cast upon the floor by the vomitgoose
Arathian
Byond Username: Arathian

Post by Arathian » #514969

Sounds interesting.
Iron, blood and spider armies
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #515006

always good to see all the names come out of the woodwork
I play Boris Pepper.
Spyroshark
Byond Username: Spyroshark

Post by Spyroshark » #515054

will it have old movespeed or new movespeed
it's me. a real gamer.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #515056

I may be able to participate depending on the time
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
PotatoMasher
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: PotatoMasher

Post by PotatoMasher » #515059

Good event, glad to see it return. Maybe I'll actually be able to get the boys together for a team this time.

Wish we could do more events like this. It doesn't even have to be for charity, just something fun for the community to come together for.
A strange moth entrusted me with administration, let me know how well I'm doing here.
► Show Spoiler
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #515073

don't wait don8

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
tinodrima7020
Byond Username: TinoDrima7020

Post by tinodrima7020 » #515157

Plapatin wrote:
wesoda25 wrote:the only event we do
fixed
If you see this image please show Subject217 some love. He's in a dark place right now :(
Spoiler:
Fikou wrote:
The problem is that the autistic fucking admins on these SS13 servers, so drunk with power, so intoxicated on the scent of their sweaty ballsacks as they drown in 'decision making' and 'responsibility', things they've never had before, hand out permabans for next to nothing. Why not a 3 month ban? Why not a 6 month ban? No. A fucking perma ban. Nevermind that people change, nevermind that people have shitty days or good days, nevermind that FOREVER IS A FUCKING LONG TIME, no... Permabans. And then they expect you to appeal on the forums so they can have MORE POWER, MORE DECISION MAKING. "HOO HOO, LOOKIT ME MOMMY, I GET TO DECIDE THE FATE OF THIS MAN HOOOO HOOOOOO WOWEEE SO EXCITE, MY LITTLE WINKY WILLY IS GETTING CHUB-CHUB, MOMMY." And let's be fucking absolutely real here, the only reason admins want people to sign up for the fucking forums to fucking ban appeal is so they can sell the members e-mails to, like, Chinese realtors or some shit.
The Respected Man
Byond Username: The Respected Man

Post by The Respected Man » #515169

wesoda25 wrote:the only good event we do
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #515211

The Respected Man wrote:
wesoda25 wrote:The event we do
Fixed
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master

Post by CitrusGender » #515239

Updated with signup!
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #515246

Timonk wrote:
The Respected Man wrote:
wesoda25 wrote:event
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
knacker48
Byond Username: Knacker48

Post by knacker48 » #515254

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Timonk wrote:
The Respected Man wrote:
wesoda25 wrote:
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #515382

TRYOUTS FOR THE WINNING SPOT

I AM ALSO DONATING AN ANTAG TOKEN TO THE WINNER NO ONE CAN STOP ME

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 80#p515380
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #515405

Mmm nice
When is the deadline for signing up
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master

Post by CitrusGender » #516166

Tarchonvaagh wrote:Mmm nice
When is the deadline for signing up
It would be nice to get sign-ups just before noon on the day of preferably.

Big news as well! We changed the sign up sheet. You can sign-up for the tournament through this link: https://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/YZb1HDMN3Y

We've already hit 50% of our goal, let's keep going /tg/!

Also, Texicus will be joining us again this year for our stream! Make sure to check us out on twitch at: https://www.twitch.tv/tgstation when we go live!
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #516210

Breaking news: game master breaks streaming rule for their event! What's next, ERP?
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master

Post by CitrusGender » #516377

Timonk wrote:Breaking news: game master breaks streaming rule for their event! What's next, ERP?
You can also metacomm for the event. It was the same with the last few balls.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #516450

Goddammit citrus
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master

Post by CitrusGender » #517432

we did it gamers,

multi-z

knacker48
Byond Username: Knacker48

Post by knacker48 » #517434

Reminds me of an ice rink, with only slightly more people getting hurt
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #517445

CitrusGender wrote:we did it gamers,

multi-z

Very cool
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #517460

This is actually 3 z levels in 1 pic
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #517823

CitrusGender wrote:we did it gamers,

multi-z

what how when why AAAA
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master

Post by CitrusGender » #519050

Thank you again to everyone who participated!!!!

We hit our orginal goal and almost got to our stretch goal! It was an amazing experience and I'm glad I continued something like this for the second year in a row!

Congrats to the winners of Peppermint, Mr Doombringer, and Spyroshark.

It was a wonderful experience and thank you again to everyone who donated!