Github Username: Iamgoofball

Words you wish VOX had

Post by iamgoofball » #9663

What words do you wish VOX had?
Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Re: Words you wish VOX had

Post by Psyentific » #9664

Didn't I have a post about this? Yes, yes I did.
Psyentific wrote:Vox would be much nicer and probably much more used if it actually had decent word selection. At the very least, job roles, station areas, antag types, states (ex. safe, dead, bombed), important items (ex. antag objectives), important events (ex. shuttle, rogue, bombed), and conjunctions. If your word selection doesn't include basic functionality but does include assblast usa, it encourages a certain kind of use y'know. Give me stuff like this

"CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER, CHANGELING, BRIDGE. SECURITY TO BRIDGE"
"TELECOMMS EXPLODED. NUCLEAR OPERATIVES ON STATION. ALL CREW TO ESCAPE"
"CULTISTS IN DORMS"
"MEDBAY BOMBED"
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
Lovecraft
Byond Username: Rabukurafuto

Post by Lovecraft » #9666

Just generally more words relating to the station and not ass johnson abortion cock usa.
Friendly reminder that you are beautiful and this server would be nothing without your continued support
I play August Finster, a suave midget with a grudge, as well as Francis Heart, the naked guitarist of the Cosmos.
Spoiler:
Nobody is worthless. PM me anytime to talk.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #9669

https://github.com/NTStation/NTstation13/pull/650
We inherited a bunch of words from VG that we didn't have before, too, and a lot of them are relevant to the station and shit.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #9697

Why can't the AI have both a male and female voice, it is a potential asexual actor after all.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #9698

It needs more useful and common words, and less obscure words that are only used to annoy the crew.

Most of the time when I am writing up a Vox message, half the words that I use won't exist, and these are just basic words.

We have words like "abortion", yet we don't have words such as "attack" or "self".
AseaHeru
Rarely plays

Post by AseaHeru » #9731

I dont think we have "suit", "Sensors" or "please"...
So yah, look at the generic things AIs say and see what of those we dont have as VOX?
I am located here, lurking in your posts, leaving piles of transparent wordings and being confused. Oh, I also try to map...

This, this is an example of what I leave for you.
Also, these days I mostly play Ursit McStation, mostly because I like roleplay.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #9752

We have suit sensors definitely, but when I was AI one of my first times and I tried to VOX a full sentence telling crew to enable their suit sensors, it had errors with basic words, or one word just because I used it in a form with an -s on the end.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

420goslingboy69
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Usednapkin

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #9995

Do not put the name of antags anywhere in VOX.
Changeling, traitor, cultist, revolutionary, or anything of that nature is retarded. In Vox you're supposed to mix words that are synonyms of other words and that's what makes it fun.
i play :):):):):)autumn sinnow
this man's:):):):):) army
DESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERD:):):):):)ESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROY:):):):):)ERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDEST:):):):):)ROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDES:):):):):)TROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYER
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

AseaHeru
Rarely plays

Post by AseaHeru » #10689

What, no rev, trator or cult? Thats silly.
I can see no changeling, but the others?
I am located here, lurking in your posts, leaving piles of transparent wordings and being confused. Oh, I also try to map...

420goslingboy69
Rarely plays

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #10760

Why would the AI, which isn't supposed to be a validhunter, which isn't supposed to hunt antags, have name of antags. All the words it has are synonyms/slight difference of other words. It doesn't have nuke ops. It has operatives. It doesn't have traitor it has enemy agent. It doesn't have blob, it has uh i think containment breach or something like that. Saying traitor in Engineering just streamlines the process and cuts down on verbiage, which is lame as fuck.
DESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERD:):):):):)ESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROY:):):):):)ERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDEST:):):):):)ROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDES:):):):):)TROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYER
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Neerti
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Neerti

Post by Neerti » #10789

But just having synonyms is enough to validhunt since everyone knows what the AI means when it says there are operatives onboard with vox.
ImageImage
- Game Admin -
Feel free to PM me on the forums or IRC with questions, concerns, feedback, or just talk about stuff.
Have I not met my hitler quota this month?
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #10811

Synonyms are better though IMO
Saying the actual name of the antags seems too meta for AI's, who are SUPPOSED to be neutral.
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #10820

Well not against blob, aliens, changelings and constructs. Silicon players like stompin' those.
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #10821

Neerti wrote:But just having synonyms is enough to validhunt since everyone knows what the AI means when it says there are operatives onboard with vox.
That's what makes it fun. AI can't say "Changeling in Engineering." It can say "Alien lifeform near Starboard station" (I do not know nautical). It sounds much more silicon.

Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #10826

420goslingboy69 wrote:
Neerti wrote:But just having synonyms is enough to validhunt since everyone knows what the AI means when it says there are operatives onboard with vox.
That's what makes it fun. AI can't say "Changeling in Engineering." It can say "Alien lifeform near Starboard station" (I do not know nautical). It sounds much more silicon.
I agree with this, except that the AI SHOULD be able to say "Engineering" or "Engineer". It should know all the common station areas and devices. "Syndicate" and such is acceptable, just do not give it words such as "Traitor" or "Changeling". Room names and NanoTrasen things it should know, though.
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #10837

Psyentific wrote:Didn't I have a post about this? Yes, yes I did.
Psyentific wrote:Vox would be much nicer and probably much more used if it actually had decent word selection. At the very least, job roles, station areas, antag types, states (ex. safe, dead, bombed), important items (ex. antag objectives), important events (ex. shuttle, rogue, bombed), and conjunctions. If your word selection doesn't include basic functionality but does include assblast usa, it encourages a certain kind of use y'know. Give me stuff like this

"CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER, CHANGELING, BRIDGE. SECURITY TO BRIDGE"
"TELECOMMS EXPLODED. NUCLEAR OPERATIVES ON STATION. ALL CREW TO ESCAPE"
"CULTISTS IN DORMS"
"MEDBAY BOMBED"
If I cannot communicate basic-fucking-concepts using Vox, it's worthless.
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #10839

Psyentific wrote: I am not creative

AseaHeru
Rarely plays

Post by AseaHeru » #10975

Look, the word "traitor" has existed for how many hundreds of years allready?
Same with the word "Revolutionary", so why the fuck should they not be in?

I mean, fuck. If I am an AI and I see a scientist making top-teir science, I want to SCREAM out that "The science department has achieved revolutionary advancements in the field of [relivent science here]".

Stating that "alien near starboard section" rules out half the station, and thats it. It dosent say if its carp, lings, aliums, blob or even just a friggin microbe.

420goslingboy69
Rarely plays

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #11013

AseaHeru wrote:Look, the word "traitor" has existed for how many hundreds of years allready?
Same with the word "Revolutionary", so why the fuck should they not be in?

I mean, fuck. If I am an AI and I see a scientist making top-teir science, I want to SCREAM out that "The science department has achieved revolutionary advancements in the field of [relivent science here]".
None of these reasons are good arguments for it whatsoever as they have nothing to do with the AI or gameplay.

AseaHeru
Rarely plays

Post by AseaHeru » #11022

They explain why an AI would not have words used in historical documents like "revolutionary" or "traitor".

miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #11072

Except nobody will use those words except to meta. They have no meaning to SS13 players outside of names of antagonists because the use of those words as names for antagonists is much more common than using them for other reasons.
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
AseaHeru
Rarely plays

Post by AseaHeru » #11235

So... the issue is not with the words, its with people using the words to metagame?

Neerti
Rarely plays

Post by Neerti » #11236

"Treat the disease, not the symptom"

Problem is the cure is new policy and... yeahhhhhhhhh.
ImageImage
- Game Admin -
Feel free to PM me on the forums or IRC with questions, concerns, feedback, or just talk about stuff.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #11273

Are you honestly so traitor centric you are trying to tell me the AI is neutral to changelings and blobs?

That doesn't make thematic sense in the slightest or relate at all to how either of those have been played against.
AseaHeru
Rarely plays

Post by AseaHeru » #11281

Well, one could argue that the AI dosent know about the first and dosent really care about the second (Its a plant, or was that changed?), but that requires RP.
And yah, according to laws the AI dosent need to give a shit until they start fucking the station or the crew.

Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #11293

If you guys are arguing about antag names and objectives, don't. If you blacklist 'traitor', people will confangle some other word instead - I believe an AI once referred to nuke ops as "Abortions"
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Cipher3 » #11296

Psyentific wrote:If you guys are arguing about antag names and objectives, don't. If you blacklist 'traitor', people will confangle some other word instead - I believe an AI once referred to nuke ops as "Abortions"
I'm fine with this. "ABORTIONS. ARMORY."
Spoiler:

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #11304

The problem then becomes, how many people are going to read Vox.txt to find out what words they can actually say? Indirectly stating what you want is perfectly fine, but only if it's still using words you'd actually think to use.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #11308

psy, it tells you what words you have available if I recall correctly
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #11310

There is a tab button that lets you look through every single VOX word in the game. I still don't see why we can't expand the AI's VOX vocabulary, not everything has to be intentionally handicapped. I mean, words like enemy, heist, caution, killing, pressure, nuclear or even bomb don't exsist!

Yet we have words such as cunt, bay, condom, abortion, adios or shitlord.

Come on, what's the difference if a AI says "Syndicate Operatives in Armoury" or "Nuclear Operatives in Armoury"?
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #11317

AseaHeru wrote:So... the issue is not with the words, its with people using the words to metagame?
Fuck off. I have never said revolutionary once in this game to describe something that wasn't about the gamemode and no one ever will. Stop using fucking stupid arguments that have no basis and same goes to you Neerti. "It's the player's fault." No, it's fucking common sense. If you give words to the AI that they use all the fucking time that are metagaming antag knowledge, they will use them, because not all players pretend to not have full antag knowledge. In fact, I would say less then 50% do and that's on Artyom, which is the more roleplay-centric of the two(three) servers
Steelpoint wrote:There is a tab button that lets you look through every single VOX word in the game. I still don't see why we can't expand the AI's VOX vocabulary, not everything has to be intentionally handicapped. I mean, words like enemy, heist, caution, killing, pressure, nuclear or even bomb don't exsist!

Yet we have words such as cunt, bay, condom, abortion, adios or shitlord.

Come on, what's the difference if a AI says "Syndicate Operatives in Armoury" or "Nuclear Operatives in Armoury"?
The AI should never have the word Syndicate. That's the biggest word it should not have. It shouldn't have any antag names period, but it especially shouldn't have Syndicate.

Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #11405

It already has "syndicate" in its word list.
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #11414

Steelpoint wrote:It already has "syndicate" in its word list.

paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #11493

Hurr let's coddle the AI announcements only crewmembers are allowed to scream REVS, SYNDIES, etc.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
AseaHeru
Rarely plays

Post by AseaHeru » #11524

Besides, isint metagaming still punished to a degree?

Neerti
Rarely plays

Post by Neerti » #11577

I wish I had a reaction image for that.
ImageImage
- Game Admin -
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Cipher3 » #11617

Seriously though, there's almost no rules or enforcement when it comes to metagaming, and I don't see anywhere it says exactly how much about Syndi items or anything anyone would know, like Bay does.
Spoiler:

Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Munchlax
Byond Username: Lobstercake

Post by Munchlax » #11637

Everyone knows about syndie-items.
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #11639

Except most of the top-tier players roleplay not having complete meta-knowledge. People should take hints from them.

paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #11649

Top-tier players in Napkin's mildly relevant opinion*
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #11650

paprika wrote:Top-tier players in Napkin's mildly relevant opinion*
Oh, so your top-tier players are the ones who powergame and catch all the antags?

iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #11654

we code this game for the gameplay, keep that in mind

plus the valid point about "abortion operatives" is a good point

people will just replace the words if we don't add them anyways, so let's save the new players some time trying to figure out what the keyword for "traitor wizard" is and just give them "traitor wizard".
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #11658

420goslingboy69 wrote:
paprika wrote:Top-tier players in Napkin's mildly relevant opinion*
Oh, so your top-tier players are the ones who powergame and catch all the antags?
Yes, irregardless of job, not incinerating antags for having a chameleon projector is worse than reading WGW in my honest, 5+ year, confirmed **scaredy approved** robust spaceman opinion