fuck
6%

Total votes: 81

420goslingboy69
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Usednapkin

Fucking bolt/shock all doors AI ability

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #13744

So OP remove. Mix it with plasma fire and no gravity and gg 95% of the station is now dead.
i play :):):):):)autumn sinnow
this man's:):):):):) army
DESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERD:):):):):)ESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROY:):):):):)ERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDEST:):):):):)ROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDES:):):):):)TROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYER
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Re: Fucking bolt/shock all doors AI ability

Post by miggles » #13772

could the people voting no please explain why youre voting no
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
Neerti
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Neerti

Post by Neerti » #13775

>Complaining about something really easily countable by just carrying tools (IE every assistant ever)
ImageImage
- Game Admin -
Feel free to PM me on the forums or IRC with questions, concerns, feedback, or just talk about stuff.
Have I not met my hitler quota this month?
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #13777

To be fair, people accuse you of powergaming if you carry tools when you're not a role that uses tools all the time. IE, almost all heads.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #13778

Malfs are terrible, they need more bones thrown to them.

It is part of their job to kill you nice to know they are getting better at it.
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #13780

Neerti wrote:>Complaining about something really easily countable by just carrying tools (IE every assistant ever)
>telling me I should powergame
wowee
DESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERD:):):):):)ESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROY:):):):):)ERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDEST:):):):):)ROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDES:):):):):)TROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYER
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #13783

To be fair, the ability does pretty much screw over anyone who is not a Engineer/Atmo Tech/Assistant. You need tools to open these doors and most people don't have quick access to tools, or the tools are in another room that is now shock-bolted.
Neerti
Rarely plays

Post by Neerti » #13785

There's windows, tables, and other alternate ways in/out of places. You don't need tools to break a few windows.
ImageImage
- Game Admin -
Feel free to PM me on the forums or IRC with questions, concerns, feedback, or just talk about stuff.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #13787

Also anyone with a bin in their workplace can just be excreted into the mail room.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #13789

NOT EVEN OP WTF I'M AN AVID AI PLAYER AND I FIND THIS COMPLETELY FINE AND NOT OVERPOWERED HER EARE THE MALF WINRATES:

AI WINNING: 2%
AI LOSING: 300%

SEE ADDING THIS IS SO FUCKING JUSTIFIED FUCK YOU AI HATERS
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #13790

AI Win ratio is at 15% on Sybil and 40% on Artyom.
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #13794

I was the HoS. This ability happened. The gravity went off. Everything was on fire. Singularity loose. We were stuck in maint because we disposaled ourselves. We could not leave. Just stuck forever. And we had to do powergaming shit to even leave disposals (rest and let someone throw you under the plastic flaps.)

Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #13797

paprika wrote:NOT EVEN OP WTF I'M AN AVID AI PLAYER AND I FIND THIS COMPLETELY FINE AND NOT OVERPOWERED HER EARE THE MALF WINRATES:

AI WINNING: 2%
AI LOSING: 300%

SEE ADDING THIS IS SO FUCKING JUSTIFIED FUCK YOU AI HATERS
Yes paprika we know you want all antags to be reduced to bunnies that explode into candy when poked.
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #13798

I don't like the ability.
but holy god this thread is retarded.
all of you are being fucking retards (save napkin mostly i guess)
please stop being fucking retarded
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #13800

It is a malfunctioning AI not a punching bag.
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #13801

I said stop
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #13833

I want antags to get good

If you don't like playing antag you can just not play antag, the cream of the crop will rise to the top and people will get better. Hand-holding antags with shit like parasting, parapen, and now this shit is just bad and allows any retard with less than a week of experience guaranteed kills. Malf AI should not be possible to win by someone who has less than a few months of AI experience, that's why the winrate is low, because people leave it ticked and get shit on. Not because of the abilities.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #13840

AI has been getting non-stop buffs, I don't know why people think it needs constant helping it's supposed to be an acquired taste job, not to be played by just anyone. In terms of MALF it's going down the cult path of being 2easy.
Also tools are really limited, let's not kid ourselves, one public access machine is hardly enough.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
miggles

Post by miggles » #13856

Tool storage is usually barren during rounds with larger pops, too. And most of that isn't from people taking full sets of tools, it's from taking one or two things needed at the moment and not returning them. Only a few assistants will fill up their belts all the way. There really aren't as many tools as you would think.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #13863

paprika wrote:I want antags to get good

If you don't like playing antag you can just not play antag, the cream of the crop will rise to the top and people will get better. Hand-holding antags with shit like parasting, parapen, and now this shit is just bad and allows any retard with less than a week of experience guaranteed kills. Malf AI should not be possible to win by someone who has less than a few months of AI experience, that's why the winrate is low, because people leave it ticked and get shit on. Not because of the abilities.
I recall several people being forced to be malf despite preferences, I wonder if that is still happening.

I don't have malf ticked, I want them to get better at killing me basically.
AseaHeru
Rarely plays

Post by AseaHeru » #13915

I rather like this ability, makes people work to save eachother.
I am located here, lurking in your posts, leaving piles of transparent wordings and being confused. Oh, I also try to map...

This, this is an example of what I leave for you.
Also, these days I mostly play Ursit McStation, mostly because I like roleplay.
Munchlax
Byond Username: Lobstercake

Post by Munchlax » #13930

Do you even know what forum you are posting on.
AseaHeru
Rarely plays

Post by AseaHeru » #13947

Yes, Yes I do.
And although I admit it is not the fashion to help others, I still have hopes that the "roleplay" section of the game's definition will be used.
I am located here, lurking in your posts, leaving piles of transparent wordings and being confused. Oh, I also try to map...

This, this is an example of what I leave for you.
Also, these days I mostly play Ursit McStation, mostly because I like roleplay.
Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #13965

There is now way to tell if a door is shocked beyond touching it or having someone else touch it.

This needs a nerf, common AI players can't comprehend its difficulty as they silicon all day everyday. I rejected this idea from the start, and I'm not a huge fan of silicons but, the saving thing to MALF or tator AI is praying that a door isn't shocked, so much for that with this ridiculous button.
Spoiler:
Neerti
Rarely plays

Post by Neerti » #14110

How is that different from an AI shocking all the doors manually?
ImageImage
- Game Admin -
miggles

Post by miggles » #14124

are you FUCKING SERIOUS?
it is quite literally 100% impossible for the AI to shock all the doors manually unless a borg goes to all the areas without cameras and shocks them itself
and regardless, shocking doors manually takes way more time than pressing an instant win button which shocks them all at once.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #14126

Is it an instant win though? Aren't the people it is most effective against often the least relevant? Even a guy toting thermite usually caries a welder. Bums security but their workplace is littered with windows and pretty much designed to be broken out of with ease.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Cipher3 » #14133

Incomptinence wrote:Aren't the people it is most effective against often the least relevant?
>Heads don't carry tools
>Captain's office is utterly R-wall surrounded
Spoiler:

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

420goslingboy69
Rarely plays

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #14143

Neerti wrote:How is that different from an AI shocking all the doors manually?
literally retarded question

Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #14146

Cipher3 wrote:
Incomptinence wrote:Aren't the people it is most effective against often the least relevant?
>Heads don't carry tools
Head offices have bins in them, try mailing them a bomb sometime. Also all of them but the captain office and RD office can be broken out of with just brute force. Poor RD and his many tables The captain can teleport and the chief engineer does carry tools... I hope.
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #14148

Incomptinence wrote:
Cipher3 wrote:
>Heads don't carry tools
Head offices have bins in them,.
Oh boy, now I'm stuck in either A) the delivery room with no tools and I can't call for help because the AI turned off comms or B) now i'm in disposals because i was stuck in Delivery and had no tools and I can't call for help because the AI turned off the comms and now I'm stuck here too
so essentially, if you don't have tools, you are stuck!@!!!!!!@#$%^!^
Also, the HoS cannot leave the brig, because it puts down the blast doors and if no one is in the warden's office, you can't hit them off.

Neerti
Rarely plays

Post by Neerti » #14169

The HoS carries an egun.

Also what's an intercom?
ImageImage
- Game Admin -
Isane
Byond Username: Isane

Post by Isane » #14199

How does a gun help against shocked doors again?

And that relies on people being near intercomms to hear you, and it doesn't do much given that they're most likely stuck somewhere as well.

Could you please stop playing devil's advocate?
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #14201

in what weird parallel universe are the heads of staff usually found in their offices.

because it is a fact that all the heads of staff usually spend more time running around outside their offices than even the HoP, who's job is to do things in their office.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Neerti
Rarely plays

Post by Neerti » #14245

Eguns can destroy windows and grilles. If you wanted to be efficent you'd only use it on the grilles since the windows can be destroyed without harming yourself.

If you also have any kind of gloves, you can use the glass shard to destroy the grille without damage to yourself.

For intercoms, they say a picture says a thousand words... so I will show you this.
Warning: Huge image of Metastation
http://puu.sh/9y0y1/02ca77ec6d.png

It's a picture of the intercom hearing range on metastation. If you are inside the yellow area, you can hear intercoms. You can try this out yourself by running a local server and using the 'display intercom range' verb. You need to enable 'debug verbs' first in the debug tab. Also, the intercom range verb is actually false and it shows 7 hearing wide intercom range, the current is three tiles, the map reflects this.

Here's another picture showing ways to evacuate almost any room, a lot of them don't even require tools, and the ones that do often have tools inside.
(another huge picture of meta based on wiki image)
http://puu.sh/9y5HJ/e9a0dc7e72.png

Playing devil's advocate is essential for debates.
ImageImage
- Game Admin -
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #14252

Neerti wrote:Eguns can destroy windows and grilles. If you wanted to be efficent you'd only use it on the grilles since the windows can be destroyed without harming yourself.
blast doors go down already said this neerti

Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Cipher3 » #14258

I love how the AI upload in the escape diagram is just labeled "RIP"
Spoiler:

Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #14325

Good luck getting out of disposal maint as anyone but a cargo tech or assistant.

If you can't see the error in a button that BOLTS and SHOCKS all doors, then I'm genuinely concerned for your sense of balance or fairness.

Apparently playing Silicons too much has made you forget that you burn your eyes out while welding down walls, and that welding helmets and such substitutes are incredibly rare. Should the AI be MALF or rogue or whatever, the last place you'll be going is EVA. Not to mention you're completely neglecting the factor of being in a straight one tile wide maint hallway, which trust me, every Borg in existence will be patrolling and easily catching the victim because you can't run the fuck past Sec Borgs and it takes you a moment to open up each of Meta's doors.

Your routes highlighted are invalid, sorry, but without proper welding equipment my eyes are burned out by the fourth wall. The lucky few that do escape, if they have sense, aren't going to go immediately fuck with the armored and Engi-borg protected core of a the AI Sat, not to mention the pod will most likely be deconned. Any AI in their right mind has known to either deconn the tele or have a borg sit there and camp it up. On the odd case that someone knows the wires and manages to hack all the way through, they probably won't make it through the all too OP RCD'd floors that Engiborg players love so much.

Not to mention the only real way of stunning a borg at a distance is magic missile, otherwise I have to get up in their grill and flash them further risking my life. And don't even start with your intercom bullshit, in the event a fucking Sec Borg or otherwise is attempting to murder me, he's going to kill me quite far away from any intercom and with the AI flicking off telecoms.

The audacity that silicon players have to bitch about things being too hard blows me away, it might seem fun to you to be stuck in a small room with a raging inferno outside, unable to do jack all while the metal militia unbolts that door that I cut AI control too, and then manages to whoop my ass because the most easily accessible high brute damage weapon an assistant or otherwise has available is something that fucking heals it, and that the only method of stunning it is something that burns out in a few flashes.

I can get around most of the things above, I can deal with how shitty and OP silicon is, but what I can't deal with or understand is why this shitty job keeps getting buff after buff, hand hold after hand hold with ridiculous lazy "kill people for me" buttons like this.
Spoiler:
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #14357

I have been tracking the feedback on this ability and the very poor result of the poll on this thread. While some of the comments were near unreadable, I was able to extract valuable information. So I leave it up to you players - I have proposed the following nerfs to the ability here (near the bottom of the PR):
https://github.com/NTStation/NTstation13/pull/721

You will notice that the PR is written as a deletion. If the nerfs outlined in the PR are unsatisfactory, and the community would prefer it gone totally, I will inform one of the maintainers to merge the PR as is. I apologize for the outrage and lack of proper balancing involved in this feature. It was not my intent for it to be THAT powerful. I focused too much towards optimal human counterplay, meaning that anyone without tools would indeed be trapped unless rescued by tool-equipped crew.
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #15371

It is now a nerf as given in this thread: http://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=731
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #15408

It's fine now lock

miggles

Post by miggles » #15410

its not merged yet
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #18288