Total votes: 33

Neerti
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Neerti

Central Command Update

Post by Neerti » #17972

https://github.com/NTStation/NTstation13/pull/788

Copypasted from github:

* Fixes wizard door wand exploit in a very fun way with step_trigger/teleport into singularity.
* Adds bay's shuttle windows. They're exactly the same as reinforced windows in terms of health.
* (A lot of) Centcom's machines there are not actually machines. They're actually structures that look like machines, to reduce lag.
* Much of the structure is old centcom, but moved around. Embellishments and artistic license has also been used heavily so it's somewhat unique. Somwhat.
* Stairs actually work (hint: it's not the stairs, it's the step_trigger)
* Airlocks are compliant with different access levels for centcom (101-107, 109)
* Adds some misc things for admins to play with, like a huge plane with a turf not used anywhere else (I think) for easy mass-varedit, a premade, but empty 'dungeon' area linked to centcom, and a 'fleet' of ships (we need more ships, submit yours!)
* Adds myself to admins.txt because forgetting to do it every time is annoying.

* Also stole bay's beach sprites and added it to holodeck and bar.

* Adds a "secret" on the second floor. Credit goes to Mechoid for the sprite.

Tour of new Centcom (HUGE FILE)
http://puu.sh/9ZcPU/61177623a1.gif
ImageImage
- Game Admin -
Feel free to PM me on the forums or IRC with questions, concerns, feedback, or just talk about stuff.
Have I not met my hitler quota this month?
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Re: Central Command Update

Post by NikNakFlak » #17990

I understand making it have lots of "extra" stuff to make it fun and useful for events, but there seems to be a lot of useless gunk everywhere, such as the random carp in the cage, the random statue, lava on both sides of a hallway. It should be fun, but it should also look clean and right now, it looks like a Frankenstein of half dungeon half station parts. Make it less event orientated and more station orientated
JJRcop
Byond Username: JJRcop
Github Username: JJRcop

Post by JJRcop » #17992

I agree. You could make another place on the zlevel that's just a big mess and is very easy to make events with, but it's not Central Command.
I lurk quite often...
Neerti
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Neerti

Post by Neerti » #18201

I removed the (holo)lava
The statue/carp is inside the xenobiology section.

As for 'make it more station orientated', I don't really see why making it "event orientated" is bad considering that's literally what centcom is for.
ImageImage
- Game Admin -
Feel free to PM me on the forums or IRC with questions, concerns, feedback, or just talk about stuff.
Have I not met my hitler quota this month?
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #18225

Update image?
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #18267

I'm liking it. The more stuff you jam into it the more opportunities admins have for creativity,

It does look like a big old mess so maybe you could separate some of the less thematically appropriate areas using space?
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman