The Untouchable Code

General SS13 Chat
User avatar
Shadowflame909
 
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:18 pm
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here
Byond Username: Shadowflame909

The Untouchable Code

Postby Shadowflame909 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:47 pm #550965

So through all the drama and salt. The outcome left us with this:

Image

A server full of change and additions, has met a piece of it that cannot be changed.

It cannot be added too, and it cannot be subtracted from. Attempts so far, failing if it's focus isn't universal on all humanoids.

(Rest in piece Chocolate poison, the felinid laugh, felinid speak, and Cat-Girl claws mutation.)

Now, anyone who's read so far is asking. "This is obvious shadowflame why the fuck did you make this thread."

Just to address the fact that this code is in a singularity, and because of the drama pertaining it. It will stay that way for some time.

Last addition pertaining to Felinids only: Catgirl toxin in 2018, merged by action ninja.

Thus my viewers. Is drama the way to make code so unchangeable, with all attempts denied? This is my question to you.

Conclusion: I now see that 24 days ago Farquaar did what no other gamer has done since 2018 and got felinids to meow. So my argument is now null

Have a good day everyone

Spoiler:
Image

ThanatosRa wrote:My biggest problem is that I can't fix any of this.


Boris wrote:shadowflame either has a brain the size of a pea or one the size of the moon and he's playing 58D chess.


BeeSting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.


BebeYoshi wrote:Saltyflame909


Cobby wrote:The trash bin... have you lost your way home anon?



User avatar
YuiY1997
 
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:57 am
Byond Username: YuiY1997

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby YuiY1997 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:23 am #550968

Yeah wild how people getting rampantly autistic over being able to give your spessmen cat ears stops any development involving cat ear people. Felinids feel like the least fleshed out of the races as a result. Most of the other races have a lot more pros and cons and unique stuff.
Image

User avatar
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
 
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:47 pm
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby Super Aggro Crag » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:45 am #551060

YuiY1997 wrote:Yeah wild how people getting rampantly autistic over being able to give your spessmen cat ears stops any development involving cat ear people. Felinids feel like the least fleshed out of the races as a result. Most of the other races have a lot more pros and cons and unique stuff.

every time someone coded a con for the cats they started screaming about people codegriefing them
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
XivilaiAnaxes
 
Joined: Sat May 11, 2019 7:13 am
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby XivilaiAnaxes » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:11 am #551066

"Heh I'll get rid of chocolate interaction to own the redditors xd" - Orange man 2019

NikoTheGuyDude
 
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:17 pm
Byond Username: NikoTheGuyDude

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby NikoTheGuyDude » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:56 am #551071

imagine calling the felinid cocoa interaction griefcode while making lizards die from cryogenics

also, i think its hilarious we use the motto "race is a choice" while protecting the felinids from muh redditors

just dont go felinid lol

User avatar
deedubya
 
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:05 am
Location: shitting up your thread
Byond Username: Deedubya

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby deedubya » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:30 am #551081

how did I know this was a shadowflame thread just from the thread title alone
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head

wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums

IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior

Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!

TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.

Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway

annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.

Image

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby oranges » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:51 am #551109

YuiY1997 wrote:Yeah wild how people getting rampantly autistic over being able to give your spessmen cat ears stops any development involving cat ear people. Felinids feel like the least fleshed out of the races as a result. Most of the other races have a lot more pros and cons and unique stuff.

Felenids existed as a sprite change on the human species for a long time, they were made species SOLEY to facilitate cleaner code.

As such I am avoiding greenlighting any major changes to them and will continue to do so for as long as possible, any "feature" of them that cause me even a single iota of problems I will rip out without consultation.
Image

User avatar
Vekter
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:25 pm
Location: In the kitchen, poisoning your food
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby Vekter » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:10 am #551122

Super Aggro Crag wrote:
YuiY1997 wrote:Yeah wild how people getting rampantly autistic over being able to give your spessmen cat ears stops any development involving cat ear people. Felinids feel like the least fleshed out of the races as a result. Most of the other races have a lot more pros and cons and unique stuff.

every time someone coded a con for the cats they started screaming about people codegriefing them


The only one I've ever been aware of was chocolate toxicity and that one just sucked.

But no, in general, hoes mad. This is the direct consequence of either side losing their goddamn mind about cats when someone changes them.
PM: REDACTED/(REDACTED)->Kevinz000/(REDACTED): Because I had maximum yield explosives and a job to do


Spoiler:
The space bear stares alertly at the giant spider.

Image

Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you

User avatar
deedubya
 
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:05 am
Location: shitting up your thread
Byond Username: Deedubya

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby deedubya » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:12 am #551124

oranges wrote:
YuiY1997 wrote:Yeah wild how people getting rampantly autistic over being able to give your spessmen cat ears stops any development involving cat ear people. Felinids feel like the least fleshed out of the races as a result. Most of the other races have a lot more pros and cons and unique stuff.

Felenids existed as a sprite change on the human species for a long time, they were made species SOLEY to facilitate cleaner code.

As such I am avoiding greenlighting any major changes to them and will continue to do so for as long as possible, any "feature" of them that cause me even a single iota of problems I will rip out without consultation.

the implementation of cobbmed caused untold amounts of issues, but you didn't rip that out as soon as you caught whiff of them

evidently you're fine with deafening yourself to people if you think it'll make an improvement, so why are cats different?
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head

wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums

IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior

Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!

TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.

Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway

annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.

Image

cacogen
 
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 am
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby cacogen » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:54 am #551145

meows were a mistake actually. you hate to see it

User avatar
Jack7D1
 
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:00 am
Location: Here
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby Jack7D1 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:33 pm #551148

I like cobbychems, it made medical medical doctors have a purpose. Before cobbychems anyone knew how to properly heal themselves and would push aside doctors/ break into med storage to just do it themselves. It also adds a nice touch of realism to the game.

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby oranges » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:33 pm #551224

deedubya wrote:
oranges wrote:
YuiY1997 wrote:Yeah wild how people getting rampantly autistic over being able to give your spessmen cat ears stops any development involving cat ear people. Felinids feel like the least fleshed out of the races as a result. Most of the other races have a lot more pros and cons and unique stuff.

Felenids existed as a sprite change on the human species for a long time, they were made species SOLEY to facilitate cleaner code.

As such I am avoiding greenlighting any major changes to them and will continue to do so for as long as possible, any "feature" of them that cause me even a single iota of problems I will rip out without consultation.

the implementation of cobbmed caused untold amounts of issues, but you didn't rip that out as soon as you caught whiff of them

evidently you're fine with deafening yourself to people if you think it'll make an improvement, so why are cats different?

did you even read the post? Let me repost the pertinent bit for you


Felenids existed as a sprite change on the human species for a long time, they were made species SOLEY to facilitate cleaner code.

Let me make it larger so you can see it

Felenids existed as a sprite change on the human species for a long time, they were made species SOLEY to facilitate cleaner code.

And now let me make it red so you really can't miss it

Felenids existed as a sprite change on the human species for a long time, they were made species SOLEY to facilitate cleaner code.
Image

User avatar
Qustinnus
TGMC Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 am
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby Qustinnus » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:51 pm #551228

what is soley and how do u make something soley :oops:

User avatar
PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby PKPenguin321 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:15 am #551262

Qustinnus wrote:what is soley and how do u make something soley :oops:

it is in regards to the sole of a shoe, which makes sense as catgirls are foot fetish content
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
actioninja
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:40 am
Location: comatose
Byond Username: Actioninja

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby actioninja » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:48 am #551265

deedubya wrote:the implementation of cobbmed caused untold amounts of issues, but you didn't rip that out as soon as you caught whiff of them

evidently you're fine with deafening yourself to people if you think it'll make an improvement, so why are cats different?

Amazing, you managed to make uninformed posts without reading when the entire needed info is WITHIN THE POST YOU ARE QUOTING
Image

User avatar
Shadowflame909
 
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:18 pm
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here
Byond Username: Shadowflame909

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby Shadowflame909 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:58 am #551267

damn....

Felinids are just a roundstart cat ears item inside its own slot.

Spoiler:
Image

ThanatosRa wrote:My biggest problem is that I can't fix any of this.


Boris wrote:shadowflame either has a brain the size of a pea or one the size of the moon and he's playing 58D chess.


BeeSting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.


BebeYoshi wrote:Saltyflame909


Cobby wrote:The trash bin... have you lost your way home anon?

User avatar
BeeSting12
 
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:11 am
Location: 'Murica
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby BeeSting12 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:10 am #551271

i thought the felinid jumping on laser thing was funny tho
Stickymayhem wrote:you're right!

Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day

Click here to make incoherent rants about my badminning.

User avatar
deedubya
 
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:05 am
Location: shitting up your thread
Byond Username: Deedubya

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby deedubya » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:13 am #551274

green names ignoring the point just for the "haha gotcha" moment, epic

regardless of why they were divided into a unique species, they are a unique species now. they even have unique species traits(flashbang go owie, hee hoo laser), but they are not being expanded upon because oranges is allergic to cats.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head

wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums

IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior

Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!

TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.

Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway

annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.

Image

User avatar
Cobby
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:19 pm
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby Cobby » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:34 am #551290

not sure what issues you're talking about byond "this med literally kills you instead of heals" which was patched fairly quickly. Some chems were edited because of lack of use or design changes but it's not like they were the only answer to the problem of being hurt to begin with.

Without venturing too far into my rent-free studio, I'm not sure the point of this thread? Like time since last merged PR doesn't justify future PRs, it's just that new PRs need to be REALLY good because no one wants to deal with the results that come from cat REEEEEEs on both sides.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current

User avatar
Shadowflame909
 
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:18 pm
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here
Byond Username: Shadowflame909

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby Shadowflame909 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:35 am #551291

The point of this is that I wanted x-men catgirls and it was closed because of some ancient cat-girl drama.

This is what makes people listen to linkin park songs

Spoiler:
Image

ThanatosRa wrote:My biggest problem is that I can't fix any of this.


Boris wrote:shadowflame either has a brain the size of a pea or one the size of the moon and he's playing 58D chess.


BeeSting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.


BebeYoshi wrote:Saltyflame909


Cobby wrote:The trash bin... have you lost your way home anon?

User avatar
deedubya
 
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:05 am
Location: shitting up your thread
Byond Username: Deedubya

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby deedubya » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:41 am #551300

Cobby wrote:not sure what issues you're talking about byond "this med literally kills you instead of heals" which was patched fairly quickly. Some chems were edited because of lack of use or design changes but it's not like they were the only answer to the problem of being hurt to begin with.

don't get me wrong, I like cobbmed in its current state, I just think the way it was implemented(partly due to an accidental early merge) was done very poorly and resulted in a massive backlash
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head

wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums

IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior

Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!

TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.

Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway

annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.

Image

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby oranges » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 am #551309

deedubya wrote:green names ignoring the point just for the "haha gotcha" moment, epic

regardless of why they were divided into a unique species, they are a unique species now. they even have unique species traits(flashbang go owie, hee hoo laser), but they are not being expanded upon because oranges is allergic to cats.

I didn't miss your point, there's just nothing to say about it because it's a non point, you just state the exact opposite of what I said, and I already explained to you why cats were different.

I just pointed out that it was absolutely nothing like cobbychem because it isn't and now you look like a moron.
Image

User avatar
YuiY1997
 
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:57 am
Byond Username: YuiY1997

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby YuiY1997 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:12 am #551313

oranges wrote:
deedubya wrote:green names ignoring the point just for the "haha gotcha" moment, epic

regardless of why they were divided into a unique species, they are a unique species now. they even have unique species traits(flashbang go owie, hee hoo laser), but they are not being expanded upon because oranges is allergic to cats.

I didn't miss your point, there's just nothing to say about it because it's a non point, you just state the exact opposite of what I said, and I already explained to you why cats were different.

I just pointed out that it was absolutely nothing like cobbychem because it isn't and now you look like a moron.


Yeah but why do cats HAVE to be different? It would be nice to have more variety in the game. I'm not asking a hypothetical here I figure you probably know better than I do. Is it just because you want cats to be almost purely cosmetic? Would fleshing out how they are now as their own race just cause more code fucky wuckys?
Image

cybersaber101
 
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:30 am
Location: Canada, eh?
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby cybersaber101 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:47 am #551318

Add Vox

User avatar
actioninja
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:40 am
Location: comatose
Byond Username: Actioninja

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby actioninja » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:55 am #551319

YuiY1997 wrote:Yeah but why do cats HAVE to be different? It would be nice to have more variety in the game. I'm not asking a hypothetical here I figure you probably know better than I do. Is it just because you want cats to be almost purely cosmetic? Would fleshing out how they are now as their own race just cause more code fucky wuckys?

I'll explain this one with a transcription of a very angry rant I went on in the discord one time:
Code: Select all
>another fucking catgirl argument
admins and the codebase are intrinsically tied in the same way that the gm and the rules of a ttrpg are intrinsically tied
it kind of sucks that it is that way but unfortunately it is
administration shapes code and code shapes administration
"seperation of codebase and server is absolute!" is a pretty ridiculous rallying cry when the entire structure of how ss13 adminstrates itself has dramatically shaped the game
<request from goofball to replace felinids with tajaran>
nope, and never happening
felinids are on a permanent freeze
I'm not interested in felinid changes at this point anymore, it's a stupid battle that results in a giant drama battle over fucking nothing anymore
the only thing I would settle for is complete removal
you're actually delusional if you think that changing felinids to tajaran would please absolutely anybody
both fucking sides of this debate are so fucking stupid
you realize that the sprite replacement is what people would care about right?
the worst part about this fucking shit
I've read this entire argument before
this entire
hour long argument
I've seen
at least 10-15 times
<response to someone asking if it's an administration thing>:  it's more complicated than that but it's such a deep fucking web of political bullshit
it has very little to do with cat ears anymore and a lot more to do with the power dynamic between code and server
<response to someone commenting about how long the argument has been for a tiny sprite feature>: that's the whole fucking problem
these debates always center around felinids as the actual feature
but the actual feature doesn't fucking matter
it doesn't matter at all
we can't touch it because it's the fucking forbidden fruit not because it's some intrinsic feature
because the whole point is the appearance
changing apperance of felinids would upset literally everybody
because one side is REEEE FURRIES REEEEE ANIME REEEE CRINGE
and the other side is "it's just ears and a tail bro why do you care so much bro it's just cosmetic bro doesn't actually do anything bro BUT ALSO I WILL VIOLENTLY OPPOSE ANYTHING TOUCHING IT"
oh I think it would be fucking hilarious but at the same time that it could genuinely threaten stability of the server if it goes badly is absolutely pathetic
I mean "the server" in "the entire Coderbase-Admin Industrial Complex" not "literal game server"
that's the only reason the only thing I would "settle" for is total removal
it is literally the only way to ensure moving forward that the problem doesn't come up again

This obviously has the people I was talking to cut out but it should mostly make sense even without full conversational context. I wasn't just yelling at myself here.
Image

User avatar
deedubya
 
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:05 am
Location: shitting up your thread
Byond Username: Deedubya

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby deedubya » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:13 am #551329

tl;dr coderbus has their head so far up their own ass that they see kowtowing to the wishes of the administration and community as tantamount to surrendering the autonomy they already don't deserve

What a crock, no wonder this is the only community that the repo is unaccountable to its players and leaders.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head

wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums

IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior

Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!

TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.

Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway

annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.

Image

User avatar
FloranOtten
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:50 pm
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby FloranOtten » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:42 am #551335

dentdubya wrote:tl;dr coderbus has their head so far up their own ass that they see kowtowing to the wishes of the administration and community as tantamount to surrendering the autonomy they already don't deserve

What a crock, no wonder this is the only community that the repo is unaccountable to its players and leaders.


That's not what it says though? That's a TL;DR made by someone who didn't read. Changing anything about it wouldn't jeopardize the 'coder power' or whatever the fuck conspiracy you're thinking of, it'd cause a stupid amount of drama both in adminbus and beyond, and that isn't worth it.
Image
Image
Image
Image
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!

User avatar
actioninja
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:40 am
Location: comatose
Byond Username: Actioninja

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby actioninja » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:55 am #551336

deedubya wrote:tl;dr coderbus has their head so far up their own ass that they see kowtowing to the wishes of the administration and community as tantamount to surrendering the autonomy they already don't deserve

What a crock, no wonder this is the only community that the repo is unaccountable to its players and leaders.

Is it even possible for one person to have poorer reading comprehension?
Image

User avatar
deedubya
 
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:05 am
Location: shitting up your thread
Byond Username: Deedubya

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby deedubya » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:56 am #551337

FloranOtten wrote:
dentdubya wrote:tl;dr coderbus has their head so far up their own ass that they see kowtowing to the wishes of the administration and community as tantamount to surrendering the autonomy they already don't deserve

What a crock, no wonder this is the only community that the repo is unaccountable to its players and leaders.


That's not what it says though? That's a TL;DR made by someone who didn't read. Changing anything about it wouldn't jeopardize the 'coder power' or whatever the fuck conspiracy you're thinking of, it'd cause a stupid amount of drama both in adminbus and beyond, and that isn't worth it.

it's more complicated than that but it's such a deep fucking web of political bullshit
it has very little to do with cat ears anymore and a lot more to do with the power dynamic between code and server

these debates always center around felinids as the actual feature
but the actual feature doesn't fucking matter
it doesn't matter at all

I mean "the server" in "the entire Coderbase-Admin Industrial Complex" not "literal game server"

Not that it's any secret this has been the case for a while now. Oranges wanted to purge cats at least 2-3 years ago to my knowledge. The only reason he wasn't able to is because the backlash from both admins and players was so severe that if he tried to push it through anyway, the autonomous coderbus would end. Even so, he tried slimy tactics like holding a new race at gunpoint when calling a vote for their removal, and then adding a new config option in an attempt to grandfather them out, hoping to get play rates down enough to justify a full removal.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head

wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums

IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior

Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!

TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.

Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway

annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.

Image

User avatar
FloranOtten
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:50 pm
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby FloranOtten » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:00 am #551339

it's more complicated than that but it's such a deep fucking web of political bullshit
it has very little to do with cat ears anymore and a lot more to do with the power dynamic between code and server

these debates always center around felinids as the actual feature
but the actual feature doesn't fucking matter
it doesn't matter at all

I mean "the server" in "the entire Coderbase-Admin Industrial Complex" not "literal game server"

Not that it's any secret this has been the case for a while now. Oranges wanted to purge cats at least 2-3 years ago to my knowledge. The only reason he wasn't able to is because the backlash from both admins and players was so severe that if he tried to push it through anyway, the autonomous coderbus would end. Even so, he tried slimy tactics like holding a new race at gunpoint when calling a vote for their removal, and then adding a new config option in an attempt to grandfather them out, hoping to get play rates down enough to justify a full removal.


Could you tell me exactly where there's any mention of the autonomy of coderbus? "the entire Coderbase-Admin Industrial Complex" sounds like both adminbus and coderbus. "the power dynamic between code and server" is a legitimate problem with infighting, not with some bullshit conspiracy.
Image
Image
Image
Image
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby oranges » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:40 am #551345

YuiY1997 wrote:
oranges wrote:
deedubya wrote:green names ignoring the point just for the "haha gotcha" moment, epic

regardless of why they were divided into a unique species, they are a unique species now. they even have unique species traits(flashbang go owie, hee hoo laser), but they are not being expanded upon because oranges is allergic to cats.

I didn't miss your point, there's just nothing to say about it because it's a non point, you just state the exact opposite of what I said, and I already explained to you why cats were different.

I just pointed out that it was absolutely nothing like cobbychem because it isn't and now you look like a moron.


Yeah but why do cats HAVE to be different? It would be nice to have more variety in the game. I'm not asking a hypothetical here I figure you probably know better than I do. Is it just because you want cats to be almost purely cosmetic? Would fleshing out how they are now as their own race just cause more code fucky wuckys?

I don't want to change them anymore because every change causes arguments that I ultimately have to sweep up on, they're not worth the time or hassle.
Image

User avatar
YuiY1997
 
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:57 am
Byond Username: YuiY1997

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby YuiY1997 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:32 pm #551392

oranges wrote:
YuiY1997 wrote:
oranges wrote:
deedubya wrote:green names ignoring the point just for the "haha gotcha" moment, epic

regardless of why they were divided into a unique species, they are a unique species now. they even have unique species traits(flashbang go owie, hee hoo laser), but they are not being expanded upon because oranges is allergic to cats.

I didn't miss your point, there's just nothing to say about it because it's a non point, you just state the exact opposite of what I said, and I already explained to you why cats were different.

I just pointed out that it was absolutely nothing like cobbychem because it isn't and now you look like a moron.


Yeah but why do cats HAVE to be different? It would be nice to have more variety in the game. I'm not asking a hypothetical here I figure you probably know better than I do. Is it just because you want cats to be almost purely cosmetic? Would fleshing out how they are now as their own race just cause more code fucky wuckys?

I don't want to change them anymore because every change causes arguments that I ultimately have to sweep up on, they're not worth the time or hassle.


After reading this thread understandable
Image

User avatar
Farquaar
 
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:20 am
Location: Somewhere north of Hogtown
Byond Username: Farquaar

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby Farquaar » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:31 pm #551404

Shadowflame909 wrote:Last addition pertaining to Felinids only: Catgirl toxin in 2018, merged by action ninja

If you’re going to make a dramapost, at least be accurate.

User avatar
Shadowflame909
 
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:18 pm
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here
Byond Username: Shadowflame909

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby Shadowflame909 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:05 pm #551416

If you're gonna make a counter post

Read my drama post gamer!!!!!

Spoiler:
Image

ThanatosRa wrote:My biggest problem is that I can't fix any of this.


Boris wrote:shadowflame either has a brain the size of a pea or one the size of the moon and he's playing 58D chess.


BeeSting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.


BebeYoshi wrote:Saltyflame909


Cobby wrote:The trash bin... have you lost your way home anon?

User avatar
Armhulen
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: Armhulen

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby Armhulen » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:07 pm #551417

the takeaway of this is just that wolverine claws mutation was pretty cool after all
rude on forums, nice on discord! haha no im just full on bitter now

support my friends website

User avatar
PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby PKPenguin321 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:18 pm #551421

where tattoo
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Cobby
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:19 pm
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby Cobby » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:04 am #551432

PKPenguin321 wrote:where tattoo


it's coming, let me just test with these new rabbit ears i made.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current

User avatar
actioninja
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:40 am
Location: comatose
Byond Username: Actioninja

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby actioninja » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:28 am #551440

Cobby wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:where tattoo


it's coming, let me just test with these new rabbit ears i made.

Image
Image

User avatar
actioninja
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:40 am
Location: comatose
Byond Username: Actioninja

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby actioninja » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:33 am #551441

deedubya wrote:Not that it's any secret this has been the case for a while now. Oranges wanted to purge cats at least 2-3 years ago to my knowledge. The only reason he wasn't able to is because the backlash from both admins and players was so severe that if he tried to push it through anyway, the autonomous coderbus would end. Even so, he tried slimy tactics like holding a new race at gunpoint when calling a vote for their removal, and then adding a new config option in an attempt to grandfather them out, hoping to get play rates down enough to justify a full removal.

Not only do you still have complete brainlet tier reading comprehension this is also just factually incorrect on objective historical events.
Image

User avatar
wesoda25
 
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:32 pm
Location: not europe lol
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby wesoda25 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:39 am #551442

id rather not look at everything posted above me so i wont, but the say mod is some real para tier code
ignore everything i say for the next month

User avatar
Armhulen
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: Armhulen

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby Armhulen » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:53 am #551444

wesoda25 wrote:id rather not look at everything posted above me so i wont, but the say mod is some real para tier code

Okay, what say verb would you prefer?
rude on forums, nice on discord! haha no im just full on bitter now

support my friends website

User avatar
wesoda25
 
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:32 pm
Location: not europe lol
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby wesoda25 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:15 am #551446

literally a ton of the other ones which were suggested in the pr?

here: "yaps", "chortles" or "babbles", "yowls" or any other synonym for says
ignore everything i say for the next month

User avatar
Armhulen
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: Armhulen

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby Armhulen » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:30 am #551448

wesoda25 wrote:literally a ton of the other ones which were suggested in the pr?

here: "yaps", "chortles" or "babbles", "yowls" or any other synonym for says

"yaps" is the only half reasonable suggestion you did and as people said before, it's a dog noise, some dogs in our game currently use yaps for example and it evokes the connotations of a dog. if you aren't using the dog yapping, you're using loud annoying yapping which falls into the second category below

the rest are insulting (ways to describe annoying or loud people) for anyone who made their character, we can't have anything in a negative light because that would shit on characters people have a connection to from code. and like personally... babbles? you would rather hear a catperson babble every time they spoke?

I don't know why you find cat people meowing so bad then say "this wouldn't be so paradise if we used a dog noise"
rude on forums, nice on discord! haha no im just full on bitter now

support my friends website

User avatar
wesoda25
 
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:32 pm
Location: not europe lol
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby wesoda25 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:15 am #551454

im conflicted as to whether I should seriously respond or just repeat that this is snowflake shit and call it a day, so I’ll indirectly go with the latter
ignore everything i say for the next month

User avatar
Armhulen
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: Armhulen

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby Armhulen » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:22 am #551456

it's there for a reason and that reason isn't retart paradise ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

this is the first step of the "remove silicons" pill. You find qome quirk of silicons makes for a dumb change... one thing leads to another and your eyes are opened about truly how terrible sillycones are. But that's not what this thread is for so whatever you know that's why it's added
rude on forums, nice on discord! haha no im just full on bitter now

support my friends website

User avatar
deedubya
 
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:05 am
Location: shitting up your thread
Byond Username: Deedubya

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby deedubya » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:19 am #551459

Cobby wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:where tattoo


it's coming, let me just test with these new rabbit ears i made.



actioninja wrote:
deedubya wrote:Not that it's any secret this has been the case for a while now. Oranges wanted to purge cats at least 2-3 years ago to my knowledge. The only reason he wasn't able to is because the backlash from both admins and players was so severe that if he tried to push it through anyway, the autonomous coderbus would end. Even so, he tried slimy tactics like holding a new race at gunpoint when calling a vote for their removal, and then adding a new config option in an attempt to grandfather them out, hoping to get play rates down enough to justify a full removal.

Not only do you still have complete brainlet tier reading comprehension this is also just factually incorrect on objective historical events.

feel free to correct the record then, because that's what I saw going down
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head

wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums

IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior

Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!

TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.

Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway

annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.

Image

User avatar
PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby PKPenguin321 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:24 pm #551529

no but really isnt that just some bullshit that they coded a system for tattoos/scars/various decals then added cat ears and literally never added the fucking tattoos. what the fuck.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Armhulen
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: Armhulen

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby Armhulen » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:29 pm #551530

PKPenguin321 wrote:no but really isnt that just some bullshit that they coded a system for tattoos/scars/various decals then added cat ears and literally never added the fucking tattoos. what the fuck.

we should actually add tattoos and give the bartender a needle
rude on forums, nice on discord! haha no im just full on bitter now

support my friends website

SpaceManiac
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:06 am
Byond Username: SpaceManiac
Github Username: SpaceManiac

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby SpaceManiac » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:34 pm #551531

PKPenguin321 wrote:no but really isnt that just some bullshit that they coded a system for tattoos/scars/various decals then added cat ears and literally never added the fucking tattoos. what the fuck.

this kind of thing happens pretty often, it's not usually a problem unless the system is poorly coded or bulky. one one hand multi-z took multiple years to brew before any map using it actually got made. on the other hand research point types ruined everything when it got merged and had to be hastily cleaned up afterwards, and then wasn't used for a year until nanites

User avatar
Armhulen
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: Armhulen

Re: The Untouchable Code

Postby Armhulen » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:55 pm #551534

SpaceManiac wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:no but really isnt that just some bullshit that they coded a system for tattoos/scars/various decals then added cat ears and literally never added the fucking tattoos. what the fuck.

this kind of thing happens pretty often, it's not usually a problem unless the system is poorly coded or bulky. one one hand multi-z took multiple years to brew before any map using it actually got made. on the other hand research point types ruined everything when it got merged and had to be hastily cleaned up afterwards, and then wasn't used for a year until nanites

Well, I made genetic points that genetics could use to build mutation locking and combining upgrades and a mutation tier system but AHEM
Image
rude on forums, nice on discord! haha no im just full on bitter now

support my friends website

Next

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users