How to cure Toxin & Oxy damage in a dead body before revival

General SS13 Chat
ThisIsOurLifeNow
Byond Username: DownSyndronater

How to cure Toxin & Oxy damage in a dead body before revival

Post by ThisIsOurLifeNow » #664488

So someone died (as usual) they bring him to medical. Before revival i fix his brute & burn damage easy with surgery but he has 100 Toxin & 100 Oxy(Respiratory) damage.

How do i fix toxin & respiratory damage in a dead patient before revival? He doesn't have any chemicals in him i filtered that all out using blood filter surgery but his toxin didn't improve. Due to decay his toxin reached 100 i think so i have no idea how to fix that

Thoughts?
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Re: How to cure Toxin & Oxy damage in a dead body before revival

Post by ekaterina » #664489

When all else fails, brain transplant.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #664492

ThisIsOurLifeNow wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:21 pm So someone died (as usual) they bring him to medical. Before revival i fix his brute & burn damage easy with surgery but he has 100 Toxin & 100 Oxy(Respiratory) damage.

How do i fix toxin & respiratory damage in a dead patient before revival? He doesn't have any chemicals in him i filtered that all out using blood filter surgery but his toxin didn't improve. Due to decay his toxin reached 100 i think so i have no idea how to fix that

Thoughts?
Replace the lungs and liver. Fully expect that the rest of the organs are probably shot too.
ThisIsOurLifeNow

Post by ThisIsOurLifeNow » #664500

But the lungs and liver don't work in a dead body. I did replace them with cybernetic organs but it didn't help.

In fact I replaced all organs before attempting revival but his stats remained the same. Only his organ damage stats were cleared but his toxicity and oxy damage remained
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #664504

Suffocation and toxin damage dont need to be cured before revival - if you're using a chest defib rather than "head revival surgery" their damage should be normalised to total 150 upon revival after which you can administer anti toxin/suffocation stuff (multiver or syriniver generally for toxin, convermol or CPR typically for suffocation. unless you're rolling your own meds then seiver and salbutamol are reasonable to create).

That they got back to 200 damage (death) suggests they either got more toxin (check for burns, chem contents in blood/stomach, non-functional organs, or maybe a starving/overfed ethereal) or perhaps more likely revived at 100 toxin 50 suffocation and just suffocated out from being in crit. Hard to say without seeing it play out.
ThisIsOurLifeNow

Post by ThisIsOurLifeNow » #664507

From the code if the patient has -100 health or less then he can't be revived. The defib says ...They convulsed for a bit then cease so I have to remove the toxin and oxy damage so the health improves a little bit for revival to work
You can test this out in your local server actually just give a monkey 100 toxin damage and after it dies try revival you will get the same message
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #664516

I don't think you're reading the code right.

Just gave a monkey 200 toxin and 200 suffocation damage (400 total), its very much dead, defib it, comes out 75 suffocation 75 toxin (normalised to total 150 as I earlier described).

100 damage isn't fatal either so even a head revival should work. (note -100 is probably 200 damage)
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #664525

assuming nothing else but damage, it only cares about brute/burn. It will update the health to be relative to half-crit (L629-632).

Now you might be trolled via existing chems in the blood/stomach that you need to pump out *while they are dead* if you dont have the meds to remove AND counter the poisons.

O2 you just btfo with salbutamol and/or atropine/epi. If they are getting out of that then they have poison or bloodloss.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #664555

People underestimate using epi to keep a revival stabilized.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #664649

its broken considering you can stack it with atropine and easily accessible.

Only problem is when you use the pens you use the utility associated (formaldehyde aka no organ damage).
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Hoolny
Byond Username: Hoolny

Post by Hoolny » #664720

Oxy damage comes if you revive people under the optimal amount which is below 180 brute and 180 burn when you can revive someone do it unless they have bad chems in them filter their blood if it’s to much

Healing toxin is depending on 2 factors what kind of chems do they have in them and how severe it is most of the time giving some multiver will do for special things like ling cryo sting give them some coffee and they will be fine
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #664838

you can also reduce toxin damage by stomach pumping someone and making their dead body puke 100 times