Playing a better Warden

General SS13 Chat
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Re: Playing a better Warden

Post by lumipharon » #287345

Bottom post of the previous page:

I always prefer to perma antags when possible. Hell, I actually HOPE they escape with outside help/storage implant/etc, bonus points if they manage to beat a taunting sec officer to death with soap and a table.
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #287353

Whenever someone tries resisting out of cuffs I mentally add 2 minutes to their sentence, makes long brig chats a real fun pay off when I tell them.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #287475

Reece wrote:Whenever someone tries resisting out of cuffs I mentally add 2 minutes to their sentence, makes long brig chats a real fun pay off when I tell them.
tbh this is too shit for me
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
The Clowns Pocket

Post by The Clowns Pocket » #287476

lumipharon wrote:I always prefer to perma antags when possible. Hell, I actually HOPE they escape with outside help/storage implant/etc, bonus points if they manage to beat a taunting sec officer to death with soap and a table.
Permabrig/gulag is why I always keep an E-Mag in a storage implant.

Caught murdering someone or breaking in somewhere? Stash that E-Mag and assuming you arn't robusted you can easily sneak out when you think nobodys looking.

No, not even the "safer" gulag is a real threat
Spoiler:
I actually don't like the Gulag simply for the reason of it being completely unescapable. There are ways to get out of perma, although they mostly involve incompotence on the part of Sec or hoping you can get to a airlock when the windows are broken.

The Gulag though? They just toss you in there and you either mine or die.

Fuck.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #287485

Shut up, clown, and back to work.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Reece

Post by Reece » #287492

DemonFiren wrote:
Reece wrote:Whenever someone tries resisting out of cuffs I mentally add 2 minutes to their sentence, makes long brig chats a real fun pay off when I tell them.
I have time nor patience to deal with yakety escapee nonsense.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #287496

Reece wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:
I have time nor patience to deal with yakety escapee nonsense.
Which is why you give them a stern warning the first time and a beatdown the second.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Post by J_Madison » #287501

My personal choice is to uncuff prisoners once they're in the cell. Often I don't even stun them.

If they're dumb enough to try and disarm me here in the brig, they can enjoy an increased sentence.

It's more of a prisoner right thing to have a degree of freedom. Being cuffed really sucks.
Reece

Post by Reece » #287543

Don'tbe shit enough to warrant brigging.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #287575

I don't bucklecuff unless the prisoner has proven to be able to escape the cell while being literally stripped naked. And at that point I usually have them gulagged so it doesn't matter.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #287593

I only ever deal with zipcuffs and if the sentence is long enough for them to resist out of i just let the prisoner work their way out.

Spoiler:
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #287597

sometimes if the brig is destroyed, i bucklecuff someone in an isolated room with no headset and make that their sentence. (obviously they can exit said room once they resist out)
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #287649

Speaking of that, stripping the heasdet for no reason is very shitty. I understand if all i do with it is make threats or call for help from my pals or the AI, but if i don't, i'd rather keep it so i can hear how the station's going while i'm in prison. Having something to do makes me less bored and/or salty.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #287959

XDTM wrote:Speaking of that, stripping the heasdet for no reason is very shitty. I understand if all i do with it is make threats or call for help from my pals or the AI, but if i don't, i'd rather keep it so i can hear how the station's going while i'm in prison. Having something to do makes me less bored and/or salty.
Used to cut the microphone wire on station bounced radios for permabrig people so they could hear the station but not speak, I think perma actually has intercoms with no microphone for this very reason. but yeah, I dont typically remove radios unless they are actively calling to be broken out or are fucking with the AI.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #287963

That's gulag you're thinking of doctor bee, i've onpurposefully gulagged people in perma for being too noisy or reading WGW and etc. to spite others because you know they'll not be heard.

Spoiler:
The Clowns Pocket

Post by The Clowns Pocket » #287975

FantasticFwoosh wrote:That's gulag you're thinking of doctor bee, i've onpurposefully gulagged people in perma for being too noisy or reading WGW and etc. to spite others because you know they'll not be heard.
You are cancer.

Perma at least has some fun diversions to take some of the pain off like crayons, gardening or a book terminal.

you should just ghost if you are on gulag with no return ticket. at least then you *might* get a ghost role.
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #287978

That's pretty... evil DrBee.

I can't imagine how it would feel, sitting in permabrig where you can't harm or do anything anymore, and helplessly listening to the round go on, people enjoying their round, doing things, enjoying freedom.

Whilst you're stuck in permabrig, wasting away.

Things are happening out there man and you have to just stand there.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #287993

The Clowns Pocket wrote:
FantasticFwoosh wrote:That's gulag you're thinking of doctor bee, i've onpurposefully gulagged people in perma for being too noisy or reading WGW and etc. to spite others because you know they'll not be heard.
You are cancer.

Perma at least has some fun diversions to take some of the pain off like crayons, gardening or a book terminal.

you should just ghost if you are on gulag with no return ticket. at least then you *might* get a ghost role.
They ruined it for themselves by trying to abuse the situation. If you are stranded on lavaland, then you should get good & revert to full australian mode by making a living off the land because its your home now until you die. Its literally the hermit role with your current identity.

Spoiler:
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #287994

J_Madison wrote:That's pretty... evil DrBee.

I can't imagine how it would feel, sitting in permabrig where you can't harm or do anything anymore, and helplessly listening to the round go on, people enjoying their round, doing things, enjoying freedom.

For me to throw someone in perma or permagulag in the first place you have to kill someone or commit grand sabotage, things that HoS's typically execute for cause valids.

and if you give them the headset with the mic they just call for help and coordinate for escape, Radios are a privilege you give up the moment you commit a serious enough crime to warrant perma, or at least are bad enough to get caught.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #287995

Dr_bee wrote:
J_Madison wrote:That's pretty... evil DrBee.

For me to throw someone in perma or permagulag in the first place you have to kill someone or commit grand sabotage, things that HoS's typically execute for cause valids.

and if you give them the headset with the mic they just call for help and coordinate for escape, Radios are a privilege you give up the moment you commit a serious enough crime to warrant perma, or at least are bad enough to get caught.
Warden rule: NEVER take a radio unless the asshole who owns it micspams or you can verify that it's an uplink.
Escape attempts result in summary execution, anyway.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #288577

XXXX was YYYY ZZZZ the Assistant and died (used 20 TC) ENERGYSWORD ENERGYSWORD NOSLIPSHOES SYNDICATE_KEY
Objective #1: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody. Fail.
The traitor has failed!

This is why you use chem implants.

when your conscripted security officer spaces a miner fnr and you find him with a traitor kit after you activate his implants.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #288592

J_Madison wrote:i would rather be backstabbed and betrayed by a thousand bad players than lose a good round with a good story because I betrayed and murdered a repentant and submissive player with good attitudes.

What kind of coward kills someone who is cuffed and wishes to surrender?
oh i never said that

was refering to people actually worth fighting, if your a traitor with a steal the AI objective and you bought a dual esword im gassing you

if your a traitor with the steal the ai objective and you bought a ballon im giving you a intellicard and telling you to kill people i don't like
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #297066

People are surprised when you brig them for 10 minutes for hacking into security repeatedly.
People are surprised when you brig them for literally riding a borg into the hos office and stealing his greatcoat.
People are surprised when you brig them for 10 minutes after grey tiding to the max and being caught breaking into places all round.
People are surprised when they get lethal'd when found in the armory or the captains office to loot shit.
People are surprised when the following applies to them:
The 'act like an antag, get treated like one' part of Rule 4 of the main rules also apply to security. Stunning an officer repeatedly, using lethal or restricted weapons on them, disrupting the arrests or sentences of dangerous criminals, or damaging the brig, are examples of behaviour that may make you valid for security under Rule 4.
How dare security do anything about my grey tiding and shittery.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #297120

The best chemical implant is using one of the lethal syringes in the transfer room.

I tend to divide people based on what crime they did. If they are just screwing around and are not hurting anyone, I tend to just let them go or give them a light sentence. If they are harming people, killing people, or repeatedly breaking into and stealing high value items in high security areas, I tend to give out maximum sentences or perma.

If you try and ruin someone else's day, I'll ruin yours.
Professor Hangar
Byond Username: Professor Hangar

Post by Professor Hangar » #302687

Seems half the time as warden sec officers just drag in whoever on the slightest suspicion of something and don't bother telling anyone what it was.
Reece

Post by Reece » #312367

Professor Hangar wrote:Seems half the time as warden sec officers just drag in whoever on the slightest suspicion of something and don't bother telling anyone what it was.
Yeah, that annoys the shit out of me.
tacolizard
Byond Username: Tacolizard
Github Username: Tacolizard

Post by tacolizard » #314696

The Clowns Pocket wrote:
lumipharon wrote:I always prefer to perma antags when possible. Hell, I actually HOPE they escape with outside help/storage implant/etc, bonus points if they manage to beat a taunting sec officer to death with soap and a table.

Caught murdering someone or breaking in somewhere? Stash that E-Mag and assuming you arn't robusted you can easily sneak out when you think nobodys looking.

Spoiler:
I actually don't like the Gulag simply for the reason of it being completely unescapable. There are ways to get out of perma, although they mostly involve incompotence on the part of Sec or hoping you can get to a airlock when the windows are broken.

Fuck.

you can escape from perma without outside help, without incompetence on the part of sec, and without going through space. Same with the gulag.

ie, using only things found inside perma and the gulag.

I'VE ALREADY SAID TOO MUCH I MUST GO
Reece

Post by Reece » #314978

tacolizard wrote:
The Clowns Pocket wrote:

Spoiler:

Fuck.

you can escape from perma without outside help, without incompetence on the part of sec, and without going through space. Same with the gulag.

Yeah, there's a 9% chance on worldgen for an emag to be in the toilet cistern.
tacolizard
Byond Username: Tacolizard
Github Username: Tacolizard

Post by tacolizard » #315288

Reece wrote:
tacolizard wrote:
The Clowns Pocket wrote:

Spoiler:

Fuck.

Yeah, there's a 9% chance on worldgen for an emag to be in the toilet cistern.

is that true? shit i gotta go codediving.

and no, that's not how I do it.