Lifebringer tips and tricks

General SS13 Chat
Toroic
Byond Username: Toroic

Lifebringer tips and tricks

Post by Toroic » #286493

So I pretty much play tg just for lifebringer (ashland podpeople with advanced botany) and I'm close but could use more tips for being self-sufficient and surviving/escaping on my own.

Any advice?
Unprofessional Catgirl and Straightboy Supreme.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: Lifebringer tips and tricks

Post by confused rock » #286496

play an actual role
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #286508

confused rock wrote:play an actual role
Don't be a dick, rock.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #286512

Planting kudzu is a first row ticket to megafauna in your base city
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #286514

Combustible Lemons can break rocks, it's better to keep them at a lower potency because higher potency just increases your chances of setting yourself on fire and doesn't even break more rocks

Space Tobacco gives you salbutamol so you can deal with no oxygen

Coffee Robusta gives you ephedrine which will make you run really fast and reduces stun times.

Densified Chemicals is your best friend for making super plants, comes from red beets

Ambrosia Gaia makes your trays self sufficient, has earthsblood(heals everything but gives brain damage), produces light which is good for podmen and can be worn on your head like a hat

You can add mannitol to your plants with hydrogen, sugar, and water(from grass, grapes, and watermelons) to offset the brain damage earthsblood gives you

Swarms of killer tomatoes can kill everything you encounter and they will never try to attack you

Wheat starts with Production Speed 1
Tobacco starts with Yield 10.

If you want more specific advice then you'll have to say what you want tips on
Toroic

Post by Toroic » #286536

D&B wrote:Planting kudzu is a first row ticket to megafauna in your base city
I'm pretty much against planting kudzu, it tends to mutate into dozens of evil varieties and once 2 hit delimbed me (other lifebringer planted it)
Lazengann wrote:Combustible Lemons can break rocks, it's better to keep them at a lower potency because higher potency just increases your chances of setting yourself on fire and doesn't even break more rocks

Space Tobacco gives you salbutamol so you can deal with no oxygen

Coffee Robusta gives you ephedrine which will make you run really fast and reduces stun times.

Densified Chemicals is your best friend for making super plants, comes from red beets

Ambrosia Gaia makes your trays self sufficient, has earthsblood(heals everything but gives brain damage), produces light which is good for podmen and can be worn on your head like a hat

You can add mannitol to your plants with hydrogen, sugar, and water(from grass, grapes, and watermelons) to offset the brain damage earthsblood gives you

Swarms of killer tomatoes can kill everything you encounter and they will never try to attack you

Wheat starts with Production Speed 1
Tobacco starts with Yield 10.

If you want more specific advice then you'll have to say what you want tips on
The mannitol tip is great, I knew about the killer tomatoes and gaia (I mutate some within the first minute and then blast it with the flora rays to up the yield). Someone clued me into the space tobacco salbutamol tip.

I've tested ambrosia vs pumpkin lantern for headwear/light production and it seems like high potency ambrosia is far better.

What do you think the best base plant is for chemical mixes once you've pulled the genes out? Wheat doesn't work because it grinds to flour instead of reagents. Mannitol ambrosia would be nice but I'd like to have omni/earthsblood/ephedrine/synap/mannitol in the same edible package without additional side effects. Densified Tomatoes maybe?
Toroic

Post by Toroic » #287138

Slight bump as I've been doing more testing and found out more things.

In terms of reagent plants omega weed supposedly produces the most chemicals of any plant, which makes it a good base. A lifebringer who has built up their supplies should probably have a number of different kinds of plants before leaving their pod.

1) Explosive lemons (low potency)
2) Death nettle (high potency, can add some really nasty chems from mushrooms along with densified chemicals to make a one hit kill or just use as a library of exceptionally nasty chemicals)
3) Space tobacco (high potency, everything but salbutamol removed)
4) Omega weed with earthsblood/omnizine/mannitol (could put in bicard/kelotane too, if desired)
5) Coffee robusta with ephedrine/synaptazine
6) High potency killer tomatoes as meat shields
7) Bioluminescent high potency Ambrosia gaia on the head produces a lot of light and extra can be thrown to illuminate the area to easily find your way back to the base.

Also, lifebringers can mass produce strange reagent with holy pumpkin, deus, and mutagen components, even getting it in a single plant.

Edit: Planting glowshrooms outside the pod is a good idea, as every lavalander can benefit from your help immensely and they can check generation to be sure they're heading toward you.

Also, by sharpening a carrot it should be possible for a podperson to have a full set of ghetto surgical tools and with multiple podpeople you could potentially steal the lungs of a dead ashwalker and implant it, removing the need for the podperson to breathe. Anyone going to explore should save some blood samples and use replica pods periodically to try to revive a missing podperson who is likely to have met an untimely demise.

Lifebringers and golems working together would be able to rapidly mass-produce golem cores by welding metal rods from steelcaps as well as make cloth, wood, and iron golems. Truthfully between golem RnD and Botany they can produce a great number of things and even take down megafauna.

Also, I've never killed a plant by trying to mutate it, so just keep spamming 5u of unstable mutagen from the bluespace beaker until it changes.
Last edited by Toroic on Mon May 01, 2017 4:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #287144

This thread makes me feel warm and fuzzy.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #287145

i bookmarked
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #287204

Armhulen wrote:i bookmarked
I bookmarked before it was cool.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #287395

DemonFiren wrote:
Armhulen wrote:i bookmarked
I bookmarked before it was cool.
tacolizard
Byond Username: Tacolizard
Github Username: Tacolizard

Post by tacolizard » #291443

Toroic wrote: 3) Space tobacco (high potency, everything but salbutamol removed)
There is a bug (or two) right now that make rollies and pipes useless. They will never give you any chems, so that unfortunately doesn't work. You can still extract the salbutamol via grinding and then drink it.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #291545

You can eat the tobacco
tacolizard
Byond Username: Tacolizard
Github Username: Tacolizard

Post by tacolizard » #292274

Lazengann wrote:You can eat the tobacco
best solution is to grind and remove everything except the nicotine and salbutamol, because eating it plain will make you fat
Toroic

Post by Toroic » #292283

tacolizard wrote:
Lazengann wrote:You can eat the tobacco
best solution is to grind and remove everything except the nicotine and salbutamol, because eating it plain will make you fat
Actually, you can remove the nutriment and nicotine from the seed, add capsaicin, pierennial growth and get a plant you can mass produce that will let you space walk. Salbutamol alone is sufficient for lavaland exploration.

Also, after some code diving it appears that venus man eaters produced by flowering kudzu are part of the vine and plant faction and thus should ignore podpeople.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #293367

You can screw, crowbar & screw the chem-master board (and fridge boards) to adjust their function between medicine & food, and then if you make a lot of salbutomol (via densified chemical plants etc) you can bottle it all up using the bluespace beakers into a full pill jar.

So you get salbutomol that'll last you a little while, without getting fat or consuming too much nutrition on having to chew leaves, and multiple pills bottles for different occasions can be stored on the medical belts. (as well as stored inside the smartfridge set to hold chemistry stuff)

Spoiler:
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #293572

Would life bringers get in trouble if they managed to sneak some seriously fucked up Kudzu into the mining base or is it one of those ghost roles where anything goes?
Toroic

Post by Toroic » #293953

Jacough wrote:
Would life bringers get in trouble if they managed to sneak some seriously fucked up Kudzu into the mining base or is it one of those ghost roles where anything goes?
They're meant to be benevolent and bring life to the ashland.

In theory making and releasing an oxygen producing transparent space protecting kudzu would be very much appropiate RP for them, and it would take a lot of time and effort to make "seriously fucked up kudzu". The easiest way to make kudzu a nightmare is actually just making it high potency and letting it mutate. It quickly burrows into everything and will have large dangerous sections.
Hzb91881
Byond Username: Hzb91881

Post by Hzb91881 » #294938

Damn, Gaia nerf hurts a lot.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #295256

Kor wrote:This thread makes me feel warm and fuzzy.
I don't like you enjoying someone else playing the game in a way that is different from how I play