MSO DCMA F13 Claim?

General SS13 Chat
godsring
Byond Username: Godsring

Re: MSO DCMA F13 Claim?

Post by godsring » #298083

Bottom post of the previous page:

Hello there finally! Perhaps I can now actually defend myself and my intentions in this gigantic dramatic shitstorm. :D
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #298084

welcum 2 tee gee

anyways

thanks for cooperating friend, and don't worry we won't harass you over legacy, you're well within your rights to not release that

feel free to contact me at any time if you've got questions about shit, or want something ported to your OS bitbucket(if I have the time anyways)

best place to get ahold of me is irc.rizon.net #coderbus with your favorite irc client
godsring

Post by godsring » #298087

fifty_hz_clock_wave wrote:legacy is pre AGPL yeah, means they lose on all our optimizations and improvements since.

Good luck to them if they make it work like CM does, although they'll still be imperfect people playing an imperfect game
As a note I have already improved the legacy base far beyond what it used to be boot times are kept to around 1~ minute with 3 500x500 maps runtime cpu usage sits around 1~ I did quite a few improvements to both the MC and subsystems associated with the base of /TG/ and no I have no intention of sharing said improvements and optimization with /TG/ due to the massive amounts of drama /TG/ has caused for our development group and community. I feel /TG/ has went out of their way to make an example of the Official Fallout 13 project at the expense of those who worked on the project. I also implemented a nice new donation and whitelist system from scratch which works quite nicely for adding many special features for both donators and whitelist applicants.

The leadership here had no regard to how this would personally effect the project or anyone on the team and had nothing to gain by trying to force our group to release. I have lost much respect for /TG/ although I doubt they care. My intentions are to continue to project and give full support to my community and to whatever they want in the game at this time that does include an 18+ only community and ERP.

I would also like to note before ever hosting our new build I personally came to contact MrStonedOne telling him that we wouldnt be fully open sourcing but offering him all of our core code that he may or may not be able to use. He did not respond and instead directly contacted BYOND with a DMCA. We originally had no problem sharing our code whatsoever our problem was sharing the sprites.

As for being less then sane it is certainly possible I run two communities fallout 13's official English community and have been doing so without an active headmin as well as Dungeon Master not to mention I am the sole and head developer for the English side of the project. I also contribute to PCSX2 and am in the middle of a custody battle with my gf having had to file to ex parte orders against her to protect my son from abuse and neglect. So at this current point im also a single parent. I believe yes it might make me less then sane... maybe?

As a note $1500 retainer so my budget this month has been quite "tight". This also adds to the stress of this whole situation. I went to court on the 22nd and now have to go back on the 6th as my lawyer suggested to the judge an extension to allow my ex to get a lawyer.

As for features in /TG/ I have a far more in-depth dismemberment system in dungeon master which was quite simple to write we will soon have that added as well once I get more time to work on the project. After adding in that, colored & dynamic lighting, 3d sounds, gun impact effects, and a new loadout system we will be back on track. :D
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #298099

godsring wrote: As a note I have already improved the legacy base far beyond what it used to be boot times are kept to around 1~ minute with 3 500x500 maps runtime cpu usage sits around 1~ I did quite a few improvements to both the MC and subsystems associated with the base of /TG/ and no I have no intention of sharing said improvements and optimization with /TG/ due to the massive amounts of drama /TG/ has caused for our development group and community
We don't need your half baked russian shit code
The leadership here had no regard to how this would personally effect the project
Next time obey our licensing
Last edited by oranges on Wed May 24, 2017 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #298102

open source! legal and drama free
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
ohnopigeons
Byond Username: Ohnopigeons
Github Username: ohnopigeons

Post by ohnopigeons » #298103

godsring wrote:I personally came to contact MrStonedOne telling him that we wouldnt be fully open sourcing

We originally had no problem sharing our code whatsoever
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #298105

fifty_hz_clock_wave wrote:
godsring wrote: As a note I have already improved the legacy base far beyond what it used to be boot times are kept to around 1~ minute with 3 500x500 maps runtime cpu usage sits around 1~ I did quite a few improvements to both the MC and subsystems associated with the base of /TG/ and no I have no intention of sharing said improvements and optimization with /TG/ due to the massive amounts of drama /TG/ has caused for our development group and community
We don't need your half baked russian shit code
The leadership here had no regard to how this would personally effect the project
Next time obey our licensing
Did (((they))) make you edit this post.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #298106

I edited it myself because I have anger issues that I am trying to resolve
godsring

Post by godsring » #298114

ohnopigeons wrote:
godsring wrote:I personally came to contact MrStonedOne telling him that we wouldnt be fully open sourcing

We originally had no problem sharing our code whatsoever
We had no problem sharing the unique code with /TG/ this offer was not even denied but completely ignored.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #298115

share it by going open source!
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
godsring

Post by godsring » #298118

PKPenguin321 wrote:share it by going open source!
I have no intention of ever sharing the current branch of fallout 13. As I said due to the drama I feel it is un deserved. MrStonedOne should have came to me to negotiate before he went to BYOND. As said before I am completely within my rights according to the GPLv3 licensing to not give out access to the current source.
Last edited by godsring on Wed May 24, 2017 4:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bob Dobbington
Byond Username: Bob Dobbington

Post by Bob Dobbington » #298119

godsring wrote:Hello there finally! Perhaps I can now actually defend myself and my intentions in this gigantic dramatic shitstorm. :D
Game Admin for /tg/station. I usually play Daisy Holmes, the botanist.
Limey
Byond Username: Limed00d

Post by Limey » #298120

godsring wrote:
I have no intention of ever sharing the current branch of fallout 13. As I said due to the drama I feel it is un deserved.
the drama wouldn't have been present if you hadnt violated the license agreement in the first place
Usually plays as Aya Shameimaru, Remilia Scarlet or Rumia Kuroda depending.
Spoiler:
NSFW:
godsring

Post by godsring » #298121

Limey wrote:
godsring wrote:
I have no intention of ever sharing the current branch of fallout 13. As I said due to the drama I feel it is un deserved.
the drama wouldn't have been present if you hadnt violated the license agreement in the first place
I feel you had no real reason to attempt to enforce the licensing on us. It served you no benefit to do so. Only to try and make an example out of us at our projects expense. I am here to let you know that with me the project will continue on as a game owner and developer I will back this project fully for as long as I am able.
ohnopigeons

Post by ohnopigeons » #298122

godsring wrote:We had no problem sharing the unique code with /TG/ this offer was not even denied but completely ignored.
I don't think you understand the concept and philosophy behind open source, google is your friend.
D&B

Post by D&B » #298124

godsring wrote:
Limey wrote:
godsring wrote:
I feel you had no real reason to attempt to enforce the licensing on us. It served you no benefit to do so. Only to try and make an example out of us at our projects expense. I am here to let you know that with me the project will continue on as a game owner and developer I will back this project fully for as long as I am able.
Hey is it ok if I fuck your ex wife?

Asking for a friend.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
godsring

Post by godsring » #298126

D&B wrote:
godsring wrote:
Limey wrote:
godsring wrote:
Hey is it ok if I fuck your ex wife?

Asking for a friend.
^ Is this person a good example of the kind of people in the /TG/ community I am not familiar with it but I do hope its not.
D&B

Post by D&B » #298127

Of course
Spoiler:
fuck you
ohnopigeons

Post by ohnopigeons » #298128

It's an example of the hostilities born out of your refusal to comply with open-sourcing in both spirit and contractually. There are the same kind of people symmetrically in your discord community as well. Why is this of any surprise?
godsring

Post by godsring » #298130

Well I am not going to waste anymore time here its futile to argue the topic as apparently we will not agree. I am glad I was able to plead my case and let my intentions for the fallout 13 project be known. Hopefully some of you understand where I am coming from in regards to not open sourcing I will say I understand where some of you are coming from with your requests for open source if only this were an ideal world.
D&B

Post by D&B » #298132

godsring wrote:Well I am not going to waste anymore time here its futile to argue the topic as apparently we will not agree. I am glad I was able to plead my case and let my intentions for the fallout 13 project be known. Hopefully some of you understand where I am coming from in regards to not open sourcing I will say I understand where some of you are coming from with your requests for open source if only this were an ideal world.
Don't moan when the door hits you on the way out
Spoiler:
fuck you
godsring

Post by godsring » #298134

ohnopigeons wrote:It's an example of the hostilities born out of your refusal to comply with open-sourcing in both spirit and contractually. There are the same kind of people symmetrically in your discord community as well. Why is this of any surprise?
Yes the internet is a toxic place I do my best to get rid of these sorts of people. I have even had to get rid of much of my administration staff due to hostilities towards the playerbase. It is a never ending battle to try to promote friendliness in a community. Honestly in a way I come off as a hypocrite because I as well offer an AGPL version of my game Dungeon Master with a TOS to protect it. I just feel doing such a thing in the ss13 community would be impossible to control. So I do agree with the open source ideologue but I do not feel it would work in practice given Angelic and Mac as an example of what happened when we allowed open source fallout 13
Last edited by godsring on Wed May 24, 2017 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Limey

Post by Limey » #298137

godsring wrote:
Limey wrote:
godsring wrote:
ok firstly: disclaimer, im not affiliated with tg in any way besides as a player.

secondly: christ almighty my guy of course you were made an example of because you refused to comply with the license agreement, you may be struggling with whatever but you sure aint blind. im not sure how having it be open source would damage your project in any way besides spawning a few clones, most which would most likely fail unless your administration is crap. I cant say much there because I havent experienced it. I have to admit that after seeing you in action on hippiestation I'm left a bit iffy over something you host though.

you may have a lot on your plate right now, fair enough but you are not blind. you should have seen this coming, dont act surprised when the rotten bridge collapses. you should have just honored the license agreement and either rebased to an older version or to some other codebase which did not have the open source requirement.

this drama is all your fault.
Spoiler:
NSFW:
godsring

Post by godsring » #298139

Oh yes I have had a terrible up and down time with my administration team much of it due to them refusing to follow our easy to read CoC and having a very inexperienced headmin all part of building a new community however. At this time I do have a new headmin in place who is doing quite well and has taken much of the burden off my back. Which I am grateful for. As for hippie station that is one of the slum buckets of SS13 that I would so compare it to NoXious Nets attempt at an SS13 server. I hardly find anything that happened there to be creditable. Honestly all it was ever really lacking was shit and woody dolls.

As for re basing I am already based and have continued to work on the non AGPL version of fallout 13 the entire time the beta was in development. So that is a non issue correct?
Last edited by godsring on Wed May 24, 2017 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #298140

godsring wrote:I as well offer an AGPL version of my game Dungeon Master with a TOS to protect it. I just feel doing such a thing in the ss13 community would be impossible to control. So I do agree with the open source ideologue but I do not feel it would work in practice given Angelic and Mac as an example of what happened when we allowed open source fallout 13
Do you even understand how the law works? You don't get to decide our AGPL license to our code suddenly no longer applies just because you don't think you could keep control of the changes you made, we put the license in place to ensure any people using our code are forced to give tehri changes back. Of course people would go after you if you break the terms.
godsring

Post by godsring » #298143

fifty_hz_clock_wave wrote:
godsring wrote:I as well offer an AGPL version of my game Dungeon Master with a TOS to protect it. I just feel doing such a thing in the ss13 community would be impossible to control. So I do agree with the open source ideologue but I do not feel it would work in practice given Angelic and Mac as an example of what happened when we allowed open source fallout 13
Do you even understand how the law works? You don't get to decide our AGPL license to our code suddenly no longer applies just because you don't think you could keep control of the changes you made, we put the license in place to ensure any people using our code are forced to give tehri changes back. Of course people would go after you if you break the terms.
Perhaps, I did not believe /TG/ would attempt to enforce the AGPL I felt it would be a waste of their time and they would understand our situation. This was not the case.
I was wrong of course and here we are.
Limey

Post by Limey » #298147

godsring wrote:As for hippie station that is one of the slum buckets of SS13 that I would so compare it to NoXious Nets attempt at an SS13 server. I hardly find anything that happened there to be creditable. Honestly all it was ever really lacking was shit and woody dolls.
your forums post and activity in the slack says otherwise, I'd say they are very credible when they come from you but I am not interested in dishing out dirt about you here, I'm just using your history there and my experience of you as an example of why I don't think you are a good candidate to lead anything. that was my point with this. but this is moving away from the original topic.
godsring wrote:As for re basing I am already based and have continued to work on the non AGPL version of fallout 13 the entire time the beta was in development. So that is a non issue correct?
it's no longer an issue NOW but the fact remains that this was all your fault since you could have avoided it in the first place why are you missing this point

you're acting as this is everyone else's fault

stop doing that
Spoiler:
NSFW:
ohnopigeons

Post by ohnopigeons » #298150

godsring wrote:I thought that I could break the contract and get away with it. You didn't let me get away with it
  • "The leadership here had no regard to how this would personally effect the project or anyone on the team and had nothing to gain by trying to force our group to release. I have lost much respect for /TG/ although I doubt they care."
so this is all your fault.
Yeah great okay bye.
Limey

Post by Limey » #298153

you drive me to drink godsring
Spoiler:
NSFW:
godsring

Post by godsring » #298155

Limey wrote:
godsring wrote:As for hippie station that is one of the slum buckets of SS13 that I would so compare it to NoXious Nets attempt at an SS13 server. I hardly find anything that happened there to be creditable. Honestly all it was ever really lacking was shit and woody dolls.
your forums post and activity in the slack says otherwise, I'd say they are very credible when they come from you but I am not interested in dishing out dirt about you here, I'm just using your history there and my experience of you as an example of why I don't think you are a good candidate to lead anything. that was my point with this. but this is moving away from the original topic.
godsring wrote:As for re basing I am already based and have continued to work on the non AGPL version of fallout 13 the entire time the beta was in development. So that is a non issue correct?
it's no longer an issue NOW but the fact remains that this was all your fault since you could have avoided it in the first place why are you missing this point

you're acting as this is everyone else's fault

stop doing that
Well I feel such dirt would be easy to counter considering I have personally run much larger projects then this fallout 13 mod. I have been the head technician for several quite popular steam gaming groups maintaining the servers as well as being at the core of the groups politics. I have been at the core of the PCSX2 project for around 5~ years I have been a byond developer and game owner for over 11 years and have worked on various other successful byond games during this time with other very successful game creators not just people who "modded" SS13's base. I feel I have more then enough merits to counter My "history" on hippie.

But now we are just getting into ego defending so really I should end it here and be on my way.

With this now being settled we can have this thread locked correct?
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #298171

godsring wrote:With this now being settled we can have this thread locked correct?
YOU STARTED THIS WAR, AND PLUNGED SKYRIM INTO CHAOS. NOW THE EMPIRE IS GOING TO PUT YOU DOWN AND RESTORE THE PEACE.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #298174

godsring wrote:
I have no intention of ever sharing the current branch of fallout 13. As I said due to the drama I feel it is un deserved. MrStonedOne should have came to me to negotiate before he went to BYOND. As said before I am completely within my rights according to the GPLv3 licensing to not give out access to the current source.
You do understand that when you openly flaunt the conditions attached to the free use of code provided by /tg/, we are not at all obligated to feel one single iota of sympathy for you and for the repercussions that your choice brings, right?

"Look man, I you never actually responded when I asked for you to lend it to me, but there's no reason you had to tell the police it was stolen when I stole it!"

That's not drama. That's you stealing code and then pretending we're assholes for making you stop.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #298178

A closed codebase means exclusive sources of revenue for you and you only, donator perks that can only be bought on your server, and a community that has to come to your server for FO13 and can be made sympathetic to your financial troubles. Words are cheap but actions involving money aren't.

The thread won't be locked. Any importance of the passion you have or your source of revenue are outranked by the years of free cooperation, time and effort put into SS13, morally and legally.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #298181

I hope your wife wins the custody case so they don't grow up with a thieving degenerate as their father.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
godsring

Post by godsring » #298185

imblyings wrote:A closed codebase means exclusive sources of revenue for you and you only, donator perks that can only be bought on your server, and a community that has to come to your server for FO13 and can be made sympathetic to your financial troubles. Words are cheap but actions involving money aren't.

The thread won't be locked. Any importance of the passion you have or your source of revenue are outranked by the years of free cooperation, time and effort put into SS13, morally and legally.
As I am not longer using AGPL code and havent as soon as I was served by BYOND with the DMCA. This thread is no longer relevant your insults are misdirected as I didnt even start the beta project using your AGPL code. As well for the beta project all "donations" went directly to the beta head dev Jackerzz. Your willingness to verbally attack me and my merits shows your ignorance regarding the situation as well as your immaturity.
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #298186

What insults did you magically see in my post? I can see some in yours but none in mine.
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #298187

It's clear that Ausops is bullying people. Again.
Freedom
godsring

Post by godsring » #298188

DrPillzRedux wrote:I hope your wife wins the custody case so they don't grow up with a thieving degenerate as their father.
The same applies to this reply as your ignorance has left you looking like a fool. I am not and have not since the DMCA used AGPL code. The legacy is an extremely old pre-apgl version of ss13. To call me a thief you might as well also call goon thieves and yourselves thieves... I find you calling me a degenerate father for doing no worse then CM Goon or any other closed source project is completely unfounded and is in direct slander of my character.
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #298190

TehSteveo wrote:It's clear that Ausops is bullying people. Again.
STOP or I will nip you
godsring

Post by godsring » #298192

TehSteveo wrote:It's clear that Ausops is bullying people. Again.
I wouldn't call it bullying it is just that he is ignroant to the fact I am not using AGPL code which should have been made obvious if he would read my earlier posts...
and a community that has to come to your server for FO13 and can be made sympathetic to your financial troubles. Words are cheap but actions involving money aren't.
If this was my goal I would be asking for much more money then I do. But if I did ask for large donations there would be nothing wrong with that as I have put sufficient work into the fallout 13 project and continue to do so to be offered large donations if people wished to give them but as of now I do not. But it could happen in the future should the project become larger.
Haevacht
Byond Username: Capital_H

Post by Haevacht » #298200

Did you seriously come here looking for sycophants and allies?

You seem surprised that you walked into the enemy camp and they're not treating you as a friend.
1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.
godsring

Post by godsring » #298201

I expected much more maturity and civility, this group cannot be run entirely and consist of adolescent teens on a warpath. Considering the size and scope of this project I half expected some forethought at the minimum before assuming I am stealing or am the head of some evil plot to monetize of "your" groups work apparently no one here even realized all donations went directly to Jackerzz regarding the beta. Yet I am accused of being said monetizing thief when I did comply with the DMCA and did not host post the dmca.

So yes I am quite disappointed.

In-fact if this was even investigated at the surface you would find I had told Jackerzz that I felt it was "wrong" do add the content pack system to the beta. I believe I said this on several mediums and from previous conversations on this forum topic there have been people watching those mediums they should know.
Haevacht
Byond Username: Capital_H

Post by Haevacht » #298202

Hopefully this has been a learning experience for you in regards to licenses at any rate.

The forum community is just the most vocal, it's not everyone.

Good luck in that other case, and whatever you decide to do now.
1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #298204

Haevacht wrote:Did you seriously come here looking for sycophants and allies?

You seem surprised that you walked into the enemy camp and they're not treating you as a friend.
i guess you can say...
Spoiler:
HE STARTED THIS WAR, AND PLUNGED SKYRIM INTO CHAOS. NOW THE EMPIRE IS GOING TO PUT HIM DOWN AND RESTORE THE PEACE.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #298205

bman wrote:
Haevacht wrote:Did you seriously come here looking for sycophants and allies?

i guess you can say...
Spoiler:
HE STARTED THIS WAR, AND PLUNGED SKYRIM INTO CHAOS. NOW THE EMPIRE IS GOING TO PUT HIM DOWN AND RESTORE THE PEACE.
MY ANCESTORS ARE SMILING AT ME, IMPERIALS. CAN YOU SAY THE SAME?
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #298210

godsring wrote:I expected much more maturity and civility,
So did we.
We expected people to treat, say, the license agreement like any responsible adult would.
We expected people to at least be aware that they were creating work based on an open-source project and thus honour the spirit of open source.
Almost seems like you reap what you sow.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
godsring

Post by godsring » #298215

DemonFiren wrote:
godsring wrote:I expected much more maturity and civility,
So did we.
We expected people to treat, say, the license agreement like any responsible adult would.
We expected people to at least be aware that they were creating work based on an open-source project and thus honour the spirit of open source.
So your response for the hostility and immaturity of your community is
Should have followed the license before we without warning DMCAed you lul
I will take a pass concerning
When I actively came to /TG/ MrStonedOne and offered him our code before getting dmcaed without a notice before hand or acceptance on taking our code.. at the bare minimum he could have discussed it with me that he felt we were in violation. Unnecessary escalation when "I" was perfectly cooperative before I was legally "attacked".

Had I not come to MrStonedOne prior to the first hosting session perhaps I would understand better where you are coming from regarding the disrespect but I did offer the code. I feel that is in the spirit of open source.

Again you incorrectly direct your anger or frustration out on someone who tried to be fair when I am not even the person who did what you have a problem with especially concerning money making.
Last edited by godsring on Wed May 24, 2017 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #298217

godsring wrote:As said before I am completely within my rights according to the GPLv3 licensing to not give out access to the current source.
It is entirely within our rights to consider you a fuckwit for entirely going against the spirit of the license and using a loophole to justify it.
godsring wrote:I expected much more maturity and civility, this group cannot be run entirely and consist of adolescent teens on a warpath.
The hostility is because you are being a complete fuckwit.

You were not entitled to keep the source closed on the code, no negotiation was required and you were DMCA'd rightfully.

You came here to justify yourself and were told you are wrong.

You kept going. You still keep going.

The immaturity is because you're another fucking parasite on this community and this happens every fucking time you people show up on the forums to pull shit like this and try to justify it.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
ohnopigeons

Post by ohnopigeons » #298218

ohnopigeons wrote:It's an example of the hostilities born out of your refusal to comply with open-sourcing in both spirit and contractually. There are the same kind of people symmetrically in your discord community as well. Why is this of any surprise?
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #298219

godsring wrote: When I actively came to /TG/ MrStonedOne and offered him our code before getting dmcaed without a notice before hand or acceptance on taking our code.. at the bare minimum he could have discussed it with me that he felt we were in violation. Unnecessary escalation when "I" was perfectly cooperative before I was legally "attacked".

Had I not come to MrStonedOne prior to the first hosting session perhaps I would understand better where you are coming from regarding the disrespect but I did offer the code. I feel that is in the spirit of open source.
You were to publish it on your own, without prior request to do so.
You didn't.
Now you're complaining about legal action because you violated the license.

That's a little like robbing a bank and being upset because the police moved to arrest you without warning.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ohnopigeons

Post by ohnopigeons » #298221

godsring wrote:Had I not come to MrStonedOne prior to the first hosting session perhaps I would understand better where you are coming from regarding the disrespect but I did offer the code. I feel that is in the spirit of open source.
There is a great resource called Google, have you heard of it? You could do with a better understanding of open source.