I made a post on singulo i'd like y'all to read.

General SS13 Chat
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

I made a post on singulo i'd like y'all to read.

Post by Bluespace » #23286

http://www.singulo.io/kareha.pl/1407410205/
Considered copying the message over but singulo allows you to anonymously comment.
I play Boris Pepper.
Mono
Byond Username: Mon0

Re: I made a post on singulo i'd like y'all to read.

Post by Mono » #23293

While I haven't really experienced said shitminery, its always nice to see someone acknowledge their own flaws and make an attempt to improve themselves
Spoiler:
Mono was Sweeny Thyme (survived)
Objective #1: Make an example out of those who would harm the station's innocent animals. Success!
Objective #2: Do not kill them. Success!
The traitor was successful!

DEAD: ADMIN(Scaredofshadows) says, "assistants are to space stations as badgers are to the animal kingdom"
DEAD: ADMIN(Scaredofshadows) says, "too many badgers and they'd take over the world"

OOC: Arkire: Wizards, please obey the wizardly bushido code of honour in the future, so as to avoid hurting the feelings of the people you're allowed - and encouraged - to kill. I suggest falling on your staff and being impaled in order to appease them
Rockdtben
Site Admin
Byond Username: Rockdtben
Github Username: Rockdtben

Post by Rockdtben » #23299

My only beef with this is that it doesn't say anything about whether or not the people who complained told you to stop or not.

My biggest issue with admining is that if I do something wrong as an admin I don't get a single complaint from other admins, but what I do get is a little discussion with a headmin later. If a badmin is doing something shitty you complain directly to them and if that doesn't work then you take it up the chain.

Asking to be anonymous about these things is high tier bullshit as well. When I was breaking badmin rules NONE of the 4 other admins online did a damn thing about it, but one of them reported it. Go figure.
Custom Software Solutions, Mentorship, and game development ----> Main Site
Game Master: 03/24/2022 - Now || Domain Holder: 04/15/2014 - 03/24/2022 || Code Project Lead: 02/01/2014 - 10/07/2014 || G-Admin: 12/29/2013 - 04/04/2015 || T-Admin: 3/29/2013 - 12/29/2013 || Codermin: ? - 3/29/2013 || Started Playing: 6/13/2006 || "Took no shit from shitters" - MrStonedOne
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #23304

lol
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Aurx
Byond Username: Aurx

Post by Aurx » #23340

Rockdtben wrote:My only beef with this is that it doesn't say anything about whether or not the people who complained told you to stop or not.

My biggest issue with admining is that if I do something wrong as an admin I don't get a single complaint from other admins, but what I do get is a little discussion with a headmin later. If a badmin is doing something shitty you complain directly to them and if that doesn't work then you take it up the chain.

Asking to be anonymous about these things is high tier bullshit as well. When I was breaking badmin rules NONE of the 4 other admins online did a damn thing about it, but one of them reported it. Go figure.
The issue is the attitude of "Only higher ranked admins have any right to intervene in another admin's affairs". See http://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic. ... 132#p22872 for an example. When head admins are yelling at other admins for trying to correct what they see as bad behavior in other admins, it creates a culture of keeping your head down and snitching. And that's a terrible attitude to foster, because it discourages helping people with their mistakes and providing real-time feedback, both of which are critical to improvement.
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
Munchlax
Byond Username: Lobstercake

Post by Munchlax » #23346

nigga works 12 hours erry day, dang
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #23406

SoS is a pretty cool guy, I've not talked to him too much but what I did was pleasant.
There's a certain problem though with him insofar that he has little to no idea what's going on in the every day life of the server and while, of course, he has every right to do as he pleases, since he pays for everything and keeps it up and running, I still feel that he's in a bad position to make calls like that. That's what we have headmins for.
To the other admins, if a fellow admin says stupid shit, don't go whining to mama, fucking talk to them, holy shit.
Everyone here is an adult or at least pretends to be sometimes, so let's all act that way, ok?
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #23422

If an admin makes enough trouble to where people complain directly to scaredy I'm pretty sure it's within his right to tell said admin to fuck off, it's not like scaredy hasn't been here from the start, even if he isn't deeply embedded in admin politics he knows the game and how it works
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #23434

http://pastebin.com/iu1DNrJM

Logs of what actually happened. Judge for yourself if Bluespace is literally Satan or did nothing wrong.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Munchlax
Byond Username: Lobstercake

Post by Munchlax » #23441

racism lel so fanny :^)
In all seriousness, you overdid it, and TBM calling you out on it and you acting like you don't care was stupid.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #23444

It doesn't really help that you only ever decided to acknowledge that what you did might have been shitty after getting talked to by SoS two days after the incident. Several people were telling you that you were being shitty, but you kept defaulting to "why are you getting mad >2014 >being offended by anything no sense of humor" as a defense. The server host shouldn't have to get involved in shit like this, you should have had the decency and self-awareness to realize you might be doing something stupid on your own.