Stupid Reasons We've Seen For Calling The Shuttle

General SS13 Chat
huehuehue
Byond Username: Huehuehue1

Re: Stupid Reasons We've Seen For Calling The Shuttle

Post by huehuehue » #327878

Bottom post of the previous page:

CitrusGender wrote:
Sligneris wrote:Most of these reasons seem perfectly standard to me, somehow?
yeah like this one
granted this was during nukies
nibber we got's to get some of that B O N E L E S S pizzas

also i find it funny how the admins actually did get boneless pizza
feem wrote:wtf i like fwooshposts now
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #327949

AnonymousNow wrote:
Sligneris wrote:Most of these reasons seem perfectly standard to me, somehow?
If you mean standard as in normal, then that's because terrible is the new normal.
If you mean standard as in sensible, you're terrible.
Well the thing is, when there's an emergency and everything goes to hell, there usually isn't time to come up with elaborate, detailed essays on what exactly went wrong. Many of these sound like there were good reasons to call the shuttle, which were simply described in a silly way.
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
Togopal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Togopal

Post by Togopal » #328343

huehuehue
Byond Username: Huehuehue1

Post by huehuehue » #330377

Togopal wrote:Image
seem legit
feem wrote:wtf i like fwooshposts now
The Clowns Pocket

Post by The Clowns Pocket » #330695

As a traitor clown, I once called it becaus "Fuck you all"
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #330927

Sligneris wrote:Well the thing is, when there's an emergency and everything goes to hell, there usually isn't time to come up with elaborate, detailed essays on what exactly went wrong. Many of these sound like there were good reasons to call the shuttle, which were simply described in a silly way.
But you don't need elaborate essays to give a good reason to call the shuttle. "Everything fire" works well, for example - gets the point across immediately.

EDIT: Just had a round where Marisa Kirisame found out that it wasn't a revolution round and immediately called the shuttle. Time on the clock: 22 minutes. Even called red alert.

Also, I feel as though calling the shuttle because there IS an antagonist is shitty as all hell and should be actively discouraged across the board, since I don't see how it could not go against the merits of the game to prevent people from playing it.

I'd like to take this opportunity to personally congratulate [name expunged], the character of the player whose primary objective is to get the shuttle called as soon as possible. It feels as though half of stubbed toe calls I've seen in the last few weeks have come from this player, whether they're human or a cyborg. You're the king of the shuttle!
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #338847

cult is really gay and stuff.
This stupid prize goes to Lumi Phaeron, who called the shuttle with this reason at the 20 minute mark (which is the absolute earliest you can call the shuttle under normal circumstances) and told the Head of Security to prevent a recall.

A shuttle call because antagonists existed.
OOC: Lumipharon: anon clock cult is a piece of shit. I will call asap every round it's on.
The shuttle is fundamentally broken, and being a fundamental part of the game, it has fundamentally broken SS13 along with it. It is a weapon, the Primary Antagonist of Every Round, used by the secondary antagonists of most rounds to stop people from playing the game as much, stop them from seeing endgame content.

Have we considered...

...fixed-length rounds?
...making the earliest point the shuttle can be called later?
...making it so that antagonists don't know that they're antagonists until a few minutes into the round?
...having admins dunk people for shitty shuttle call reasons, which is the point of needing to have a reason in the first place?
...actively encouraging people to stick around for distribution of endgame content?
...making some sort of non-emergency shuttle which gives the crew bonus points if it's used, but comes waaaaaay slower?
...manually expunging the shuttlerushing cancer with bans?
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #338848

How nice of you to make a thread where you can call out people with a small chance of getting any retaliation since they probably don't read the forums.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #338859

D&B wrote:How nice of you to make a thread where you can call out people with a small chance of getting any retaliation since they probably don't read the forums.
Well maybe

They should

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TribeOfBeavers

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #338862

AnonymousNow wrote: ...making some sort of non-emergency shuttle which gives the crew bonus points if it's used, but comes waaaaaay slower?
This exists, in a way. If you call the shuttle on the lowest alert level it takes (I think) 20 minutes to arrive.

Also, what exactly are bonus points?
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #339019

AnonymousNow wrote:
This stupid prize goes to Lumi Phaeron, who called the shuttle with this reason at the 20 minute mark (which is the absolute earliest you can call the shuttle under normal circumstances) and told the Head of Security to prevent a recall.

OOC: Lumipharon: anon clock cult is a piece of shit. I will call asap every round it's on.
The shuttle is fundamentally broken, and being a fundamental part of the game, it has fundamentally broken SS13 along with it. It is a weapon, the Primary Antagonist of Every Round, used by the secondary antagonists of most rounds to stop people from playing the game as much, stop them from seeing endgame content.

Have we considered...

...fixed-length rounds?
...making it so that antagonists don't know that they're antagonists until a few minutes into the round?
...having admins dunk people for shitty shuttle call reasons, which is the point of needing to have a reason in the first place?
...actively encouraging people to stick around for distribution of endgame content?
...making some sort of non-emergency shuttle which gives the crew bonus points if it's used, but comes waaaaaay slower?
have we considered...

removing clockcult
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #339025

i could remove clock cult until we get the rework if you guys want it

clock cult doesn't seem to be gang level of unplayable right now though
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #339037

Wow hold your horses tiger! Would you really remove clockcult without a month-long discussion on the forums and at least 2-3 server polls??? First we must be sure that this is what the players want!
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #339124

Honestly? Clock cult does not seem to be that much of a problem. Having played it from both ends, I'm wondering if the negative reactions to it are just examples of weaponised autism in the same category as the people who spam "REEEEEEEEEEEEE" and "SUICIDE HOPLINE" whenever we try a map that isn't the core three.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #339403

AnonymousNow wrote:Honestly? Clock cult does not seem to be that much of a problem. Having played it from both ends, I'm wondering if the negative reactions to it are just examples of weaponised autism in the same category as the people who spam "REEEEEEEEEEEEE" and "SUICIDE HOPLINE" whenever we try a map that isn't the core three.
Honestly the fact that people somewhat accept Deltastation is amazing to me.

Both cult modes have the problem of not knowing when the threat is gone making calling the shuttle the best option to "win" the round.

If The station got a message when the last cultist is removed and then another antag is rolled it would make both cult modes more attractive to fight.

The only reward for fighting a cult and winning outside of a shuttle call is a boring is extended, which most people dont like.
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #339435

Dr_bee wrote:If The station got a message when the last cultist is removed and then another antag is rolled it would make both cult modes more attractive to fight.
This is a good idea.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #339653

AnonymousNow wrote:

Have we considered...

...fixed-length rounds?
>It's another anonnow post where they whine about short rounds

What a tweest!

Why do you stay here if you hate the community playstyle so much? Not like coders are gonna listen and implement changes, and even if they did the backlash from the general community who like shorter rounds would likely get it repealed.

And before you say it, yes I am suggesting you go to Bay.
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #340013

Yeah, you know my response to that.

As it stands, we've got a solid codebase and - for the most part - a decent community. I will not go to Bay, because Bay is a toxic wasteland of authoritarian bullshit, and believe it or not, this place is still better.

I like this game, which is why I'm so very disappointed to see it undermined by people who MUST have an excuse to be able to kill people faster, faster, faster, like we're playing Call of bloody Duty.

Maybe you should go to Goon.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #340028

AnonymousNow wrote:Why should I change? The community should conform to my play style
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #340039

Nice work, Talist. I could talk about the pressure put on the community by people turning into one thing by using the other thing as a boogeyman, and then pretending that the people who liked that other thing were never welcome - or I could talk about how it'd be nice to see stuff that takes a little time to pop up in the game - but they'd go straight over your head.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #340046

~Simplified for the sake of AnonymousNow's delicate feelings~
Fuck long-round culture and fuck goon.

also i agree we need more rp but more rp =/= longer rounds
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #340049

Deitus wrote:~Simplified for the sake of AnonymousNow's delicate feelings~
Fuck long-round culture and fuck goon.

also i agree we need more rp but more rp =/= longer rounds
Then why suggest a server where the primary focus is RP taken to a ridiculous extreme?

And I don't even want consistent long rounds - I just want the kind of rounds we used to have, where actually interesting things happened on a regular basis and the shuttle wasn't called because of a dropped eyelash. They were more like an hour or an hour and a half, admins were less afraid to push buttons, and people went out and did things if they were bored.

They happened; they used to happen. Now they're rarer than hens' teeth. Why put any effort into anything if it's going to be gone in literally twenty minutes, before you get the chance to use it, through the executive decision of someone else - and there's a whole bunch of other people in your position? It'd be like playing on a Minecraft server where there's a complete map reset every four hours.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #340063

what i mean to say is that while i mostly agree with you i also accept the fact that things wont change
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #340095

I can't be so sure, considering the fact that it changed so significantly in the first place, and agent action was a significant factor in that change.

I think the game could recover with a little prodding and pushing.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #340357

i hate seeinf this stupid thread bumped and having to mark the entire subforum read so i dont need to click on it
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #340371

That is a shame, sawrge.

Just had a round where we had a power sink, went into red alert, had the powersink removed and power restored with infinite-power (yellow slime batteries) inducers handed out willy-nilly, and then the shuttle was called because of the power sink, in that order. No amount of tiding could fix that call.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #340374

>Being unable to fix a power sink
Shameful tbh

All you gotta do is follow the wires around, and if they're a different colour or diverge past a wall then it's a HUGE giveaway that the sink continues off there.