Anything you miss?

General SS13 Chat
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Re: Anything you miss?

Post by D&B » #323676

Bottom post of the previous page:

I miss the black box.

Filling it with OP shit was the funniest thing me and others did as a pet project.

I miss old adamantine golems

They had some actual drawbacks instead of lmao ash immunity lmao passisve minibomb

I miss not having Ambrosia Gaia

You actually had to stay on top of your plants and it made it so much better when you harvested a bunch of stuff.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #323685

confused rock wrote:I miss when catgirls didn't exist
The cat ears item has existed longer than you've been around and it was not even slightly out of the ordinary for certain players to beeline for it every round and roleplay their character as a catgirl. Some would also just pray for them and get it that way most rounds.
If anything the inclusion of the car race just stopped them from murdering each other over a cosmetic item
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #323693

it was funny thiugh because you could steal the cat ears and they'd get mad
Limey wrote:its too late.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #323704

captain sawrge wrote:the car race
vroom
私は完璧
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #323706

Going nuclear as a malf in traitor isn't always a good idea as the other traitors might be forced to destroy you to accomplish their objectives and they're much better quipped to fight you than regular crewmembers are. Going nuclear is something you need a lot of prep time for and/or ensure that the other traitors can't or won't try to stop you.
MimicFaux
Byond Username: MimicFaux

Post by MimicFaux » #323715

It was one thing for the old malfunction to space the ion rifle. It's a little bit harder nowadays when any number of traitors can running with double energy swords, EMP kits, sleeping carp, etc. And yes those all have their own individual counters, but the differences it's all equipment the player carries in their uplink, not something an AI can preempt. I'm not saying one was better than the other, but malfunction being rolled into a normal traitor round changes the dynamic a lot. I liked old malfunction, because it felt a lot like extended most of the time, and then you step into the maintenance for a shortcut or to dump some trash, can you see your department has a dark blue APC. Paranoia grips you, you're pretty sure the AI has gone rogue, but if you announce it loudly people start dying. Can you get a message to the detective quietly? scan for fingerprints to confirm?
How long is this been going on for? Is there even still time to prepare?

Old malf was great at paranoia.
ImageImageImage
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #323792

An AI hacked, open APC is near identical to an emagged one to most observers. The only way to know for sure is for another silicon to attempt to interface with it from a distance. If it's emagged, the silicon can adjust the settings but still cannot lock it. If it's hacked, then nothing will happen - only the AI that hacked the APC can control it remotely. In addition, an AI can control the interface lock of an APC it's hacked but it will still reject IDs, you need to pulse the wires manually to unlock the interface.

In addition, emagged and hacked APCs (as well as APCs in AI protected areas) don't appear on the powerflow console list. I presume to represent them being disconnected from the network. APCs with the AI wire cut will have an error message and reject remote access
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #323826

People have rose tinted glasses about even the worst shit about this game. I had malf rounds that were fun, that doesn't change the fact that the mode was shit
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #323886

I miss the old punji spike traps. There was just something special about covering public places in spikes and leaving banana peels or clown PDAs on them so people would get impaled. It wasn't even a lot of damage compared to some other stuff back then but it was stupid and funny.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #323892

Super Aggro Crag wrote:This thread belongs in the salt mine because the amount of sodium you guys managed to catch in your vaginas over people liking things you dont could kill a man. Someone should splice some oyster DNA into you so you start producing pearls when you get an irritant in your flesh folds instead of bitchy posts
>everyone calmly stating things they miss
>screeching about people posting what the point of the thread is
>somehow we're the salty ones
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #323896

there is only one instance of sporadic explosive (also volcanic) salt in this thread but it's kind of potent so maybe that's what crag meant
The Clowns Pocket

Post by The Clowns Pocket » #323908

i miss erping
Togopal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Togopal

Post by Togopal » #323920

confused rock wrote:I miss when catpeople didn't exist

Unless you have a thing for catboys

PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #324068

i miss being new. game is still a ton of fun, but joining for the first few times into an empty bagil, hiding from beepsky because you think he'll bust you automatically for hitting some windows, nearly killing yourself trying to hack an APC, discovering a new thing every single time you play, feeling massive accomplishment just to survive scenarios that seem trivial now (bomb breaches for example), they're all feelings that i'm not sure are possible to replicate. i still remember the rush from my first murderbone which i did accidentally as a ling (a witness caught me in the act of killing my target, a witness caught me in the act of killing the previous witness x6).

i miss the singularity (and the tesla, kind of). i know it still happens (albeit reaaally infrequently) and i know there are a thousand reasons why the new engine is better, but engineering disasters are almost never interesting now.

i miss old tabling duration. it was really funny and really useful, and considering anybody could use it it didn't seem all that bad to me at the time.

i kinda miss stun/laser eguns (rather than the disabler/laser ones we have now), but this might be nostalgia goggles. it feels like disablers are really stupid but i vaguely remember stun lasering being awful too.
on a similar note, i miss stun/laser eguns being standard issue for nuke ops, even if they weren't as thematic. they worked really well and you didn't have mostly unarmed ops running in with a stetchkin and dying instantly like you do now.

i miss having really big new features that i could get excited for. i recall immediately off the top of my head dismemberment, abductors, shadowling, and blood being ones. the only one of recent memory has gotta be multi z-layers, but that hasn't made much progress recently as far as i'm aware.

i miss shadowling. not a super bad mode (not to say it didn't have flaws (*glares u*)) and i remember having a ton of fun in it as a sling, a thrall, and a crewman.

probably more things that i'm not remembering right now.

edit: i also miss a lot of trek chems
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #324108

PKPenguin321 wrote:THIS ENTIRE GODDAMN POST
I should probably stop playing this game altogether.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
MimicFaux

Post by MimicFaux » #324111

You either die the hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the salt.
ImageImageImage
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #324403

MimicFaux wrote:You either die the hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the salt.
This
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #324404

AnonymousNow wrote:
you definitely should :)
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
D&B

Post by D&B » #324406

AnonymousNow wrote:
Yes pls
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #324411

Oh gee, the sekrit metaclub's arrived.

I miss when the metaclubs were distant and benign instead of pulsating cancerous tumours.
Last edited by AnonymousNow on Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
danno

Post by danno » #324413

ah yes Repukan my Classic Meta Buddy

REpukan, my best friend, would you like to Engage in Griefing the good Dr. Mr. Now tonight
danno

Post by danno » #324414

you delusional fuck up lol
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #324415

AnonymousNow for the love of fuck change your sig it makes you look like a self obsessed child please
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #324430

bandit wrote:I miss when Kor didn't post jaded replies to everything
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #324436

Wyzack wrote:AnonymousNow for the love of fuck change your sig it makes you look like a self obsessed child please
I finally found your post where you referenced the self-quoting thing. I was confused, because you implied that I did it a lot and in a self-aggrandising way, but you were actually just failing to understand that it was a single instance, in my signature, to get a simple message across regarding what I think about revisionism in the server community.
You seem to be badly triggered, so I'll do as you ask and change it to make that message even simpler.
Just looked at your signature, and hoo boy.
NikNakFlak wrote:
bandit wrote:I miss when Kor didn't post jaded replies to everything
Also this.
Last edited by AnonymousNow on Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
danno

Post by danno » #324439

everyone I know thinks you are a huge loser for your signature, current and previous

and that's fucked up because I hadn't talked to my dad for like 7 years
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #324441

danno wrote:salt
That's great, dannno. Call me when I care what you think.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
danno

Post by danno » #324442

what's your number
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #324445

danno wrote:what's your number
Here, message me on Facebook.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #324454

just kiss already
Durkel
Byond Username: Durkel

Post by Durkel » #324470

I miss the older players that were around when I started playing.

I miss people dying left and right and there not being a policy thread about it five minutes later.

I miss our old stun time combat system simply for how horrifically deadly it made everything and everyone.

I miss average rounds being 1-2 hours.

I miss how retarded the ebow used to be.

I miss the general attitude of the game being "shit happens and then you die".
Sierra Welbe says, "Tim Ebow fucking threw soap everywhere near the HoP office, like I mean 20 fucking goddamn bars AND I CAN'T STOP SLIPPING"
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #324497

Durkel wrote: I miss people dying left and right and there not being a policy thread about it five minutes later.

I miss the general attitude of the game being "shit happens and then you die".

This never happened.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Jembo
Byond Username: Jembo

Post by Jembo » #324505

Self surgery because getting anyone to do surgery is suffering. The first lighting update where the server was permadark, and flash lights couldn't penetrate the darkness, really made things spooky. Fixed locations for Z levels, and space hoboing with a firesuit and some coffee. The old cyborg sprites new ones are cool, but running around as a robo-cop was awesome. My personal favorite Engi-seer borgs. ERP update and all the memes that came with the bad code. Beepsky being able to stun xenomorphs, being able to quick choke xenomorphs. Old fire which was either completely useless, or so hot you'd die the second someone opened an airlock.

edit

Being able to resist out of handcuffs while being dragged around.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #324507

I'm being gaslighted by three of the most negative posters on the forums calling me too negative for not whining enough with them help
D&B

Post by D&B » #324508

Kor wrote:I'm being gaslighted by three of the most negative posters on the forums calling me too negative for not whining enough with them help

IC issue
Spoiler:
fuck you
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #324509

I'm a very positive poster and I'm telling you you're not positive enough for not memeing with me.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #324514

Kor wrote:I'm being gaslighted by three of the most negative posters on the forums calling me too negative for not whining enough with them help
literally a jaded reply in itself
why is it so hard for you to admit that you are seriously negative about the game/policy
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #324516

NikNakFlak wrote:
why is it so hard for you to admit that you are seriously negative about the game/policy
same reason you're still an admin
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #324533

hey retards how about u stop posting like its the ntr hut and u actually talk about the topic okay??? thank u very much

ironically im not going to answer the question because i feel like nostalgia is this games biggest problem. it's kinda like WoW's nostalgia problem but x1000.
Was the game better back in the old days? I don't know, nobody knows because that shit aint quantitative. There's no fucking scale, how you expect me or you or anyone to ever know?

Is old mining better than Lavaland??? Once again, absolutely based on opinions, and no amount of kor throwing his poo around will change that. I personally think that old mining was the best version of mining. That's probably because that was the first version of mining I played and that's what stuck with me, someone who learnt to play mining with lavaland may hate old mining because that's different from their point of view. That's fine, early bird gets the worm in terms of likability. Mining for me has the connotations of being chilled, I would pick mining if I didn't want to deal with traitors, lings, cult and revs fucking my shit up constantly, I was away in an island for majority of the round.

The games changed, it'll never ever be like the game you first played. What made SS13 fun was how stupid and arbitrary the engine its built on was. It's a fucking horribly controlled game, the combat is utter dog dookie but that shit doesn't matter when you see space carp for the first time absolutely fucking decimate a station and watching people literally get mowed down like the degenerates they are. That's one of the reasons why Lifeweb was so popular as well, it invoked that feeling of unknown that you first got when you played ss13.

The biggest problem with SS13 is how much people play it. The only other game that I've played as extensively as SS13 was Mount and Blade Warband, and that was only for a year. SS13 was my biggest sink of time for close to 4 years. I learnt how to do majority of the things in this game. There's very little fun in playing the game now. I'll come on once or a twice every other month and majority of the time I don't even make it one round. I don't like what the server has become, but that's okay because I've come to terms with the fact that shit changes. The games demographics have changed.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #324535

How about we all list our favorite things without people arguing, being rude or getting upset over stuff. Kor's a nice guy. New mining is his baby and I understand he loves it.

Just say what you like, reminisce if you want. Be excellent to each other.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #324536

I know for a fact that if the current community was put into a version of the game from "le golden days of ss13" that almost everyone, even the people who preach about it would hate it.

The community made the game the way it was back then, that version of the game would not be compatible with the type of people that play on /tg/ right now.

Though if we want the true answer we should just ask Pax that motherfuckers been playing ss13 for nearly two decades.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #324587

ColonicAcid wrote:The community made the game the way it was back then.
This is what it boils down to, essentially. /tg/ has my favourite mechanical features of all the servers I've played, but I do miss what the community used to be like.

Old mining and new mining both have their advantages, and in an ideal world I'd have both at the same time - Lavaland for high-risk high-reward gameplay, and the asteroid for low-risk low-reward gameplay, accessible from the same shuttle. But that's just me, I guess.

Self-surgery is a tricky one. It was slow, and by what I recall had a tendency to fail on you fairly often, but it got the job done. It's important to give medical doctors agency, however, as we've still got an issue who will literally limp past the sleepers and start bashing the window to the medical supply room without a word - surgery being something that puts your life in someone else's hands is a balancing thing.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #324673

I miss when danno didn't post
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #324683

i miss when singulo

was the only real engine
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #324686

i miss slings
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #324689

When blobs used to burst outwards into a blob, meaning there's a mass crazed rush by the affected player to find somewhere safe to pop before the timer runs out, or they just do it somewhere public and suddenly with the art of suprise.

None of this camera AI strategically choosing anywhere on the station BS.

Spoiler:
MimicFaux

Post by MimicFaux » #324690

I miss the old build mode.
ImageImageImage
pubby
Github User
Byond Username: Pubby
Github Username: pubby

Post by pubby » #324693

I miss Saegrimr.
danno

Post by danno » #324697

I miss HG
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #324703

I miss the old gorrilas. They were super powered monkeys who could wreck everything, like a hulk except worse. You had a very rare chance to have your monkey turn into one of these when you did genetics things on it and it would break out of its machine and go on a rampage, killing anyone unlucky enough to be in medbay. And this was before cloning was a thing.
Yoshmaster
Byond Username: YOSHMASTER

Post by Yoshmaster » #324705

Why the hell were they removed? Wasn't it copyright issues or something