on the topic of security and cults

General SS13 Chat
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

on the topic of security and cults

Post by Deitus » #333425

so i've been playing a lot of sec recently, and contrary to popular belief, i actually dont like to kill people unless they've been absolute, irredeemable shit. for example, if a tator got caught with a gun and stuff, i might just brig and toss a chem implant on em, but otherwise them them go on their way.

during cult modes, however, if there isn't a chaplain / the chaplain is dead, sec is basically shit out of options. i discussed it with the admins and was informed that he general policy of cult rounds as sec with no chaplain is that, if they are confirmed as a cultist (i.e. have cult items or seen performing cult rituals, etc) then it is OK to execute.

i personally would really, really rather not do this. the only other option sec really has to deconvert is to hit them on the head and hope RNG does the trick, and gulag / perma is a stopgap (with the latter filling up too quickly to be effective).

maybe we could have something where the sec team has a one-use bible, or a smaller-than-normal tank of "reserve holy water" to use. i dont really think that it would make the chaplain's role irrelevant, as sec still has no holy weapon to remove blood runes with, and if the tank were smaller as suggested then the team would be forced to be frugal with what they have rather than all but waterboarding cultists like normal.

as a side note, i'd like to point out that plasmamen are all but impossible to deconvert without them dying, as you need to remove their helmet/mask, causing burning and suffocation, feed them the water, then put it all back on before they outright die. maybe add some sort of "slit" to their suits that allow them to drink?

im open to other ideas as well and hope that some kind of solution to this problem can be implemented.
RandomMarine
Github User
Byond Username: RandomMarine
Github Username: RandomMarine

Re: on the topic of security and cults

Post by RandomMarine » #333434

Deitus wrote:as a side note, i'd like to point out that plasmamen are all but impossible to deconvert without them dying, as you need to remove their helmet/mask, causing burning and suffocation, feed them the water, then put it all back on before they outright die. maybe add some sort of "slit" to their suits that allow them to drink?
Build/obtain chem master. Make 30u holy water patches.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #333436

Red alert and smash the consoles then pray for a better round type
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #333454

RandomMarine wrote:
Deitus wrote:as a side note, i'd like to point out that plasmamen are all but impossible to deconvert without them dying, as you need to remove their helmet/mask, causing burning and suffocation, feed them the water, then put it all back on before they outright die. maybe add some sort of "slit" to their suits that allow them to drink?
Build/obtain chem master. Make 30u holy water patches.
But that would take WORK, why take the time to order 100 units of holy water from cargo when the chaplain is dead when it is easier to just murder the vali- I mean cultist.

To solve this behavior there needs to be a value to player life regardless of antag status, which would require enforcing roleplay, which would be unpopular with the playerbase.

I mean you can take babysteps by making antags not instantly valid just for being antags and use normal escalation/space law guidelines to judge if something is valid or not, but that would require admins to agree to it.
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #333498

Kor wrote:Red alert and smash the consoles then pray for a better round type
Are we going to just kill off every roundtype bar traitorchan?
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #333499

i know that its the less difficult way to go about it but like i said, i really just dont like having to kill people for the sole reason of them being antags
Yobih
Byond Username: Yobihodazine

Post by Yobih » #333501

place a somewhat secure item in the chaplain's office that grants one user the chaplain's abilities and put a bible with it. give him a secure, bolted locker behind walls and put them in that.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #333514

Open a chaplain slot, and or start growing holy melons // kill everyone indiscriminately not implanted.

Spoiler:
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #333522

FantasticFwoosh wrote:Open a chaplain slot, and or start growing holy melons // kill everyone indiscriminately not implanted.
There needs to start being OOC consequences for people doing the latter when the former is possible. my god.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #333543

right i'm the person deitus talked to and what I basically said is when there's no chaplain to bless tanks for security and security is unable to obtain holy water (while it's nice to use holymelons/cargo if there's no chaplain it's not a realistic expectation.) admins will not realistically expect security to be nonlethal to confirmed cultists because the nature of cult being a conversion round doesn't allow that, and no admin will expect security to not kill confirmed cultists as that's just an unrealistically high and almost impossible expectation (because cultists can teleport out/convert more while security only has one life per officer, it's just how conversion rounds go tbh).
this is as far as i know about the policy on conversion rounds and from what i've seen anyways.

i'd like for another way to deconvert cultists myself as a security player to avoid having to murderbone the cult too tbh but realistically in cult the best option is a red alert smashed console shuttle call.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #333545

Kor wrote:Red alert and smash the consoles then pray for a better round type
Conversion modes are shit. Do this.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster