What would you do in this situation?

General SS13 Chat
Durkel
Byond Username: Durkel

What would you do in this situation?

Post by Durkel » #342628

Nuclear operatives have armed the nuke, the disk is gone, and you've got roughly fifty seconds to make peace with your creator or get off the station. Checking EVA you find to your dismay there are no suits left, save for one which an assistant is already busy putting on. You can either accept your reality as nuclear dust, or bash his brains in for the suit and live to see another day.

What do you do?

Years ago I ran into the same situation and I'm curious to see how others would take on this problem. IC wise it seems justified to attack the man but if we look at the rules it would seem like a dick move and has the potential of getting an angry bwoink.

How would you feel if someone killed you for your suit in this situation? Would you be upset enough to try and get them banned or accept the reality that in the face of death people would do the unthinkable to survive?

This isn't a policy discussion but rather a look into what players deem acceptable.
Spoiler:
I killed him and took the suit.
Sierra Welbe says, "Tim Ebow fucking threw soap everywhere near the HoP office, like I mean 20 fucking goddamn bars AND I CAN'T STOP SLIPPING"
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Re: What would you do in this situation?

Post by onleavedontatme » #342631

I've been in a similar situations and killed for suits, oxy tanks, etc. It's sadly a pretty rare situation now that the station is in a bad enough shape and there are few enough resources around to warrant those kinds of fights.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #342636

From a roleplaying perspective this sounds like a pretty legitimate reason to start a fight. It is something that would happen on a sinking ship without enough lifeboats for example. It is the kind of storytelling that should be encouraged!
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #342646

wouldn't even be mad if i got killed for this tbh. i'd probably do the same in his spot
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #342686

Fine by me but personally I'd just accept my fate IC
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #342688

beeline for teleporter instead
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
FrozenGuy5
Github User
Byond Username: FrozenGuy5
Github Username: praisenarsie

Post by FrozenGuy5 » #342689

firesuit, coffee and oxygen
ййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййй shitty fucking signatures
CrunchyCHEEZIT
Byond Username: CrunchyCHEEZIT

Post by CrunchyCHEEZIT » #342691

I'd take my chances with beelining towards mining, if that is an option. If the only choice I have is to attack the man or no, then I'd probably just let him go and accept my fate.

On an IC scale, I guess its just pure selflessness on my character's part, but from an OOC standpoint, the round ends in 50 seconds either way, what's even the point of trying to get out alive?
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #342733

DemonFiren wrote:beeline for teleporter instead
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Jarek
Byond Username: JarekTheRaptor
Github Username: Jarektheraptor

Post by Jarek » #342736

Space yourself, optionally with cryox and/or internals and get to another z-level before the nuke goes off to technically """"survive"""" the events aboard the station
[01:57:09]ADMIN: PM: Unicorn_dream/(Miguel Eliza)->Bgobandit/(Spends-the-Fortune): fuck myself
(F) C A P T A I N U N D E R P A N T S (Station Engineer) has arrived at the station at Arrival Shuttle.

D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #342743

Jump on a pod and send that shit.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #342890

IC I wouldn't attack them to steal the suit, just feels way too dickish imo. Just gonna have to jump out the airlock and pray.

I fully understand people who would attack them though, it's a very reasonable response in such a panic stricken moment.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #342904

AnonymousNow wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:beeline for teleporter instead
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #342906

if I got an ahelp for this I'd probably call it IC, so yeah, seems acceptable.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #342948

I am highly unlikely to ever do this to another player in this situation, instead I would be trying to get off via teleporter. Before reading this thread, my response would have been to adminhelp for an unprovoked murder. I would not be so angry if the person warned me beforehand or disarm/stunned me instead of killing me for it. I probably will not get as :salt: salty :salt: about it now as I would have before, but I would still be quite unhappy and would defend myself if possible.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #342960

always be killing
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #342968

Not even go to eva and just space myself with my spaceproof virus.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #343012

i would 100% be buttblasted but i can also respect the ic argument
Limey wrote:its too late.
Hatfish
Byond Username: Hatfish

Post by Hatfish » #343086

50 seconds is plenty of time to get to a pod from EVA.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #343098

I wouldn't give a shit because we don't RP trying to evacuate
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Jarek
Byond Username: JarekTheRaptor
Github Username: Jarektheraptor

Post by Jarek » #343100

The true answer is to realise you are a security officer during code delta, force the assistant to drop his suit or make him drop it by lethalling him for failing to follow security orders :honkman:
[01:57:09]ADMIN: PM: Unicorn_dream/(Miguel Eliza)->Bgobandit/(Spends-the-Fortune): fuck myself
(F) C A P T A I N U N D E R P A N T S (Station Engineer) has arrived at the station at Arrival Shuttle.

Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #343121

Years ago I've been that assistant and in a situation very similar. The station had gone to shit and gaps in the main hallway required protection with rule of law having broken down. EVA had a suit left and I had bodies to acquire out of the more lethal zones and work to do. No actual working security force remained I don't think or were busy surviving elsewhere. Anyway in my case a detective appeared, trying to arrest me in EVA for 'theft' while this was all very obviously going on as there was no way he could not have known about the lack of atmos spreading.

Some talking and arguing and I wound up giving him the suit and helmet because he looked like he was ready to shoot me and this was way before bolas were a thing. The shithead leaves and immediately puts it on before strolling off.
Was so long ago that the details are hazy but I'm fairly sure I followed him, as I specifically had been curious if he had done it all just to steal the suit from me, and am almost positive I offed that detective to get my suit back and escaped. Not 100% but niggling memory tells me I got pinged and had a back and forth explaining this before being sent on my merry way.
CrunchyCHEEZIT
Byond Username: CrunchyCHEEZIT

Post by CrunchyCHEEZIT » #343143

captain sawrge wrote:always be killing
main antagonist of space station 13
The Clowns Pocket

Post by The Clowns Pocket » #343148

If I kill him, I get adminhelped.

There's no winning here!
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #343183

I'd adminwho to check which admins are on first and then use my pre gained knowledge about each admin to figure out if I could get away with it or not.

As a new player I just wouldn't do it
The Clowns Pocket

Post by The Clowns Pocket » #343227

oranges wrote:I'd adminwho to check which admins are on first and then use my pre gained knowledge about each admin to figure out if I could get away with it or not.

As a new player I just wouldn't do it
Youd prob get away as a new player. Its only after you rack up a few notes that you cant be as reckless.