Question of Passed Rounds

General SS13 Chat
nullance
Byond Username: Nullance

Question of Passed Rounds

Post by nullance » #378897

So I'm still kind of new to this game and don't know all the ins and outs. but here's the story followed by my question

So I played a round in the recent past, And I got to be an antag to be more specific a traitor and was charged with killing the roboticist of the round, and to get this done a got a bag of x4, an energy dagger, and Stetchkin Pistol with a suppressor and some other stuff I didn't get to use. when planting the bombs on the walls in the hall an assistant appears and I got fearful of being exposed so I pulled out the pistol and unload into his chest. the chat said it he deflect every shot and he could not be harmed by range damage and when I check him out later as a ghost which was five second after he killed me he had no armor of any kind. ( he threw me out the airlock after our three encounter)

My question is how did he deflect the shots, and why did it say he could not be harmed by ranged damage.
SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Re: Question of Passed Rounds

Post by SpaceInaba » #378898

Traitors can buy a martial art called "Sleeping Carp" that prevents all use of ranged weapons, however makes you dodge all ranged attacks. You got unlucky and happened to unload on a fellow traitor who had carp, thus dodging all your shots.
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
nullance

Post by nullance » #378958

thanks for the information. maybe next something like this happens I might try to use a code word before they kill me or something.
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #378959

nullance wrote:thanks for the information. maybe next something like this happens I might try to use a code word before they kill me or something.
speaking from experience other traitors will try to kill you even more since they'll get your sweet traitor toys
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #378971

Above is true, the game isn't what it once was.

Consider purchasing a cryptographic sequencer (emag) instead of X4. It'll allow you to open maint doors as opposed to taking the time to plant a charge on the wall. X4 last time i checked also blows a hole in the hull and exposes it to space.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

nullance

Post by nullance » #379003

Good advice, I thought that myself after using the x4, my plan was to catch him in the explosion, it just didn't go as I was hoping. my target ended up dying but from what I don't know.
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #379071

I still seem to manage some success with codewords. They're worth trying at least.