can someone please tell me what is going on

General SS13 Chat
User avatar
bandit
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:35 pm
Byond Username: Bgobandit

can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby bandit » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:36 pm #71

I registered for these forums because apparently I'm being banned for being "toxic to the community." I don't know why, or what I did, and I certainly never intended to be, but no one is telling me why.

There've been a lot of rumors about the administration switching to these forums, or SoS supporting them, or things like that, but I can't see any evidence of that, and every thread on the forums started to discuss this has been deleted. No one has made any official statement of any kind except for the statement that I am shit. (I still don't know why, or what I did, or how I can improve.) What is going on?
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls



User avatar
Jeb
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:01 pm
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby Jeb » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:45 pm #72

Don't worry, I'm toxic too. We can do this together little buddy!
Image
Unbiased Global Moderator
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
Image

User avatar
Douk
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:39 pm
Byond Username: Douk

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby Douk » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:49 pm #73

Errorage has decided that anyone who isn't kissing his ass and championing his "Purge coderbus 2014" agenda is clearly a liability to the community and must be removed. Here's what's currently going on in the admin board for those who have not yet seen it.
Image
I don't think SoS has made any move yet, but with any hope, he disowns Erro and this can all just come to an end. First it was purging the coderbus from the forums, then creating a whole new codebase just to spite the, and now removing anyone who has an opinion on the matter. I didn't used to hate Erro. I disagreed with many of his decisions both as a former coder, admin, and website host. Likewise, I do not exactly have a peachy relationship with the bus and understand the frustrations of dealing with them, but the extent to which this situation has been taken is too much and it only hurts and splinters the community needlessly.

User avatar
bandit
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:35 pm
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby bandit » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:49 pm #74

But I don't understand what I did wrong or why I'm supposedly "shit." The only ban reason given was "adios." The original post said that there were 12 months of infractions I supposedly committed, but I don't know what those were and no one is telling me.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls

User avatar
Kraso
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:46 pm
Location: in kor's foe list
Byond Username: S0ldi3rKr4s0
Github Username: Kraseo

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby Kraso » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:52 pm #75

are you here to seek shelter from the shitstorm too
Image

User avatar
Douk
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:39 pm
Byond Username: Douk

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby Douk » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:52 pm #76

Right now, they don't feel they need to give reasons, so don't expect to get anything. You might have just looked at someone like Erro and his goons the wrong way and they decided to get rid of you. You weren't the first nor will you be the last in this fiasco.

Incoming
Github User
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:41 pm
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby Incoming » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:55 pm #77

Erro's coderbus-must-pay-for-my-hurt-emotions-even-at-the-cost-of-the-entire-playerbase.eu is old and busted.
TGstation13.com is the new hotness

In the coming days everything worth caring about will hopefully shuffle over to these forums and everything will continue mostly the same as it did before erro fucking lost his shit on everyone.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Patreon - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!

User avatar
bandit
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:35 pm
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby bandit » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:55 pm #78

I'm not here to "take shelter from the shitstorm," I'm here because I was banned for no reason, for a supposed "12 months of infractions" I don't know and was never told about, and when I tried to make an admin complaint no one listened.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls

User avatar
Jeb
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:01 pm
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby Jeb » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:56 pm #79

I'd link you the posts I've made over there that got me put on the list but they've all be [redacted] by erro. Most of them are pointing out the obvious, and then offering to take over hosting things because of the impending shitstorm that's now becoming a thing.
Image
Unbiased Global Moderator
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
Image

User avatar
Jeb
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:01 pm
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby Jeb » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:57 pm #80

Incoming wrote:Erro's coderbus-must-pay-for-my-hurt-emotions-even-at-the-cost-of-the-entire-playerbase.eu is old and busted.
TGstation13.com is the new hotness

In the coming days everything worth caring about will hopefully shuffle over to these forums and everything will continue mostly the same as it did before erro fucking lost his shit on everyone.


It's sad that this is the exact thing he's doing though. He's letting his emotions get the best of him, and the only thing that it's going to harm is the /tg/station playerbase.
Image
Unbiased Global Moderator
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
Image

User avatar
bandit
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:35 pm
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby bandit » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:03 pm #82

It's sad because there's just no way to win. I try to point out that these policies are causing schisms and hurt feelings, and I get called "toxic." I try to point out that the wiki is a resource for new players primarily, who shouldn't be dragged into the drama of complete strangers, and I get called "a shitler." I try to mention that it is bullshit to be banned for no reason, and I get told to "shut up" and my pointing out that this is immature, unreasonable and completely un-transparent is called "a particular brand of shit." I try to ask what the supposed 12 months of infractions are, and no one tells me. I tell them that I don't hate them as a person, which I don't, and it just doesn't matter, they say I hate them as a person anyway.

It's frustrating because I do care, I don't want to be toxic to the community and if I am doing something wrong if somebody tells me what that is I'll try my best to improve it. But if no one tells me, I don't know what to do.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls

User avatar
Jeb
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:01 pm
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby Jeb » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:07 pm #83

Everyone has their shitler moments, I've had my fair share. Don't take anything to heart and don't let it bother you man.
Image
Unbiased Global Moderator
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
Image

User avatar
bandit
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:35 pm
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby bandit » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:10 pm #84

It sort of bothers me when I'm banned from the main forum. People keep saying SoS is making a statement, or the administration is moving over, but as far as I can tell there are like 15 people registered here. I'm afraid that nothing is going to happen and there will be no official repercussions, just like the last 20 drama repercussions, and I won't be able to use the community forums because the official verdict is I am shit, and no one told me why.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls

User avatar
Jeb
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:01 pm
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby Jeb » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:24 pm #93

If sos is "making a statement" then I guess we can only wait for said statement to become a thing.

Just don't take it to heart, like I said everyone has their moments. I'm also on the list of people that got banned for being "toxic" because of my continuous hatred towards errorages attitude towards..everything. It sucks that we're banned from ss13.eu, but as he's stated, it's going to be "rebranded" as NTStation13 forums soon enough - so I'd assume these are the official forums now.

This is the problem with putting all your eggs in one basket. When the keeper of those eggs jumps off the deep end it ends up affecting multiple people.
Image
Unbiased Global Moderator
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
Image

Incoming
Github User
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:41 pm
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby Incoming » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:34 pm #95

It's really on NTstation now to not take this shit lying down. They have sections here they are apparently welcome to and I'd respect them a lot more if they did.

Like 80% of the reason I detested NTstation was because its continued existence is tied to a guy who seems to have decided to just be shit to people/groups/literally everyone for ill defined and nebulous reasons.

edit:

Also the only person from that hitlist who isn't banned right now is HG, because apparently erro is waiting on SoS to make comments on it.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Patreon - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!

User avatar
Numbers
 
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:40 am

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby Numbers » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:36 pm #97

It's really up to them if they want to stick with Erro or not.

coderbus didn't want a civil war between branches anyway...
"I've told you about Erro, I've warned you dwag." - Unknown
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Jeb
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:01 pm
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby Jeb » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:53 pm #99

I feel ashamed that originally (erro's first "will someone take this shit over I've had enough" thread) I saw this as coderbus being asshats.

Post-removal of coderbus from ss13.eu it's became completely obvious that the only solution to that side of things is to remove the one who is truly toxic to the community.

Sorry coderbus, for originally thinking you were to blame :(
Image
Unbiased Global Moderator
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
Image

User avatar
Spacemanspark
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:45 pm
Location: Paradise
Byond Username: Spacemanspark

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby Spacemanspark » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:09 pm #101

This is going too far...
:^)

scaredofshadows
In Game PermaBanned
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:36 am
Location: Michigan, USA

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby scaredofshadows » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:39 pm #103

Please do not use this forum as a blank canvas to demonize Erro or anyone else. Keep this crap out of here.

The toxic element here is the fact that people from all sides of this thing would rather fling shit at the wall than work together.

Cooperation and reasonable discourse are what brought us this far.

User avatar
bandit
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:35 pm
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby bandit » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:40 pm #104

I'm not trying to demonize errorage. Like I said in the original topic, I do not hate him personally. I don't even dislike him personally. I just do not know what the supposed "12 months of infractions" I supposedly committed were or how I am supposedly "toxic to the community", no one is telling me, and no one seems to care. I would love to be able to work together, but even when I ask simple things like "what did I do wrong" or "what policy did I break" or "how am I shit" or "what happened to one of the headmins saying literally two days ago that there would be no precedent for banning people just because they weren't liked," I get called toxic and then permabanned, which literally means I am unable to "work together" because I can't even argue my side anymore. I've asked to talk to the community advocates and was told they can't help me (well, at least the community advocates who already wouldn't help me because they're too busy calling me retarded.) I am at a loss as to what to do. I just want to be able to use the community forums, and if I'm somehow being toxic to the community, it was never my intention and I apologize and I just want to know what I can do better. Instead I'm permabanned and called shit.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls

User avatar
Vekter
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:25 pm
Location: Fucking around with the engine.
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby Vekter » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:50 pm #105

tl;dr it doesn't matter, Erro has a bug up his ass and you probably said something small to set him off. I say "it doesn't matter" because apparently /tg/station is moving to coderbus.com now, and ss13.eu is becoming some kind of general gaming site that has nothing to do with ss13

Also the avatar restrictions on here are literally Hitler, fuck me.
Image
Image
Image


Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you

User avatar
bandit
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:35 pm
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby bandit » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:52 pm #106

Vekter wrote:tl;dr it doesn't matter, Erro has a bug up his ass and you probably said something small to set him off. I say "it doesn't matter" because apparently /tg/station is moving to coderbus.com now, and ss13.eu is becoming some kind of general gaming site that has nothing to do with ss13


That was the original point of the topic. WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THIS INFORMATION? There's nothing on the forums and I refresh every minute or so in case it's just being systematically deleted like everything else. I've asked many times in IRC and no one has said anything with a source. From all indications this is shaping up to be like every other incident, i.e. people pretend to care for 1 minute and then go back to their business that continues as usual, except now I'm permabanned for "being shit over the past 12 months" and I don't know why.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls

User avatar
ColonicAcid
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:36 pm
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby ColonicAcid » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:53 pm #108

you people are fucking school girls. I fucking swear to god all of you this is the most dysfunctional community i have ever been a part off and I've been in like 3 communities of brazilians. Like holy. fucking. shit.
Both parties here are literally hand over fist gob over dick trying to fuck up each other that it reaches me who quite frankly doesn't even play this shitty game that much altogether. I only come back to the forums for the Video Game subforum and I'm being affected by both parties sperginess spewing into that. It's reached a point where both people who support Erro and people who support coderbus shitpost on /vg/ like for real /vg/ isn't that reached a point where y'all step back and say "woah i'm being a petulant child i should probably have some empathy and think of others?".

I repeat myself again I have never seen a community quite like this one, most of it is filled with people with a stick so far up their asses they can't imply that they're in any way shape or form wrong and-
yo fuck i just realized something:- none of this matters anyway rofl i've been saying this for like what 3 months now and nobody really cares because you all are hidden in your own INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS tower of intellectualism. all of us right now look like retards. including me for even spending time writing this, both erro and coderbus will gloss over this and/or insult me and then go back at lashing at each others necks.

i'm still angry about my post count goddamn it that was my virtual e currency but on the bright side miggles don't have shit on me now.
crack is whack but smacks got your back

User avatar
bandit
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:35 pm
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby bandit » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:56 pm #109

I don't want to fuck anyone over. I just want to either be un-permabanned or at least know what I did wrong to deserve being banned. I'm asking how I am in any shape or form wrong (or "toxic to the community") etc. No one is telling me. And I do play the game, that's why I use the forums, or would if I wasn't permabanned from them.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls

User avatar
Hornygranny
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:54 pm
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby Hornygranny » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:31 pm #113

Only Errorage can tell you. Nobody else knows.
Image

User avatar
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:26 pm
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby MisterPerson » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:37 pm #116

If you absolutely must know what happened to get to this point, we made a piratepad of the current events. It's pretty anti-Erro though, so I feel it's probably better to just move on. We're all better off for it. You don't need to know why or even agree with it happening, but it is.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter

User avatar
Vekter
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:25 pm
Location: Fucking around with the engine.
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby Vekter » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:51 pm #123

Did you get permabanned from the game?

Else, not a big deal. Welcome to the new forums, with 100% less insane drama queen moderation.
Image
Image
Image


Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you

User avatar
Jeb
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:01 pm
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby Jeb » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:25 am #141

http://i.imgur.com/hSL5rfw.png

just saving this for later
Image
Unbiased Global Moderator
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
Image

User avatar
bandit
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:35 pm
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby bandit » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:33 am #142

I don't understand what I did. Even people in the thread are shitting on me: "well I can see why wexler got banned" etc. LITERALLY WHAT THE FUCK DID I EVER DO, IT WOULD BE NICE IF ANYONE EVER TOLD ME.

also it would be nice if LITERALLY ANYONE DEFENDED ME in the thread instead of agreeing with errorage and calling me shit. basically there are two options: either tell me what I did wrong, or admit that I did nothing wrong AND FUCKING DEFEND ME. I did not "consistently shit on /tg/station", it would be weird to do considering how often I play there, and I've gone out of my way to say I do not dislike errorage personally, and I do not feel that disagreeing with a server or codebase's direction constitutes "shitting on [someone] personally." it seems like the reasonable thing to think, right? but no, people just call me shit and they don't say why.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls

User avatar
bandit
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:35 pm
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby bandit » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:38 am #143

errorage wrote:If you want to make a case for someone, IE that they were banned without being toxic, go ahead. I promise I'll listen to you and evaluate your argument.


PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME HOW I WAS TOXIC. JESUS CHRIST. I WISH I KNEW WHAT I DID TO UPSET YOU SO MUCH. I PROMISE I DO NOT DISLIKE YOU PERSONALLY, I JUST WANT TO USE THE COMMUNITY FORUMS. IT'S NOT LIKE YOU EVER TOLD ME. "ADIOS" IS NOT TELLING ME. I DID NOT MEAN TO BE TOXIC AND IF I WAS I APOLOGIZE BUT IF YOU DON'T TELL ME THEN HOW THE FUCK CAN I EVER KNOW.

I would appreciate if someone with forum rights on the community forum would post this.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls

User avatar
Hornygranny
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:54 pm
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby Hornygranny » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:16 am #144

It's not the community forum. This is the community forum. Please stop bringing this up.
Image

Incoming
Github User
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:41 pm
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby Incoming » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:30 am #146

Bandit after seeing the reasons he gave for banning Jeb ("by offering to be the hosting hero he made me out to be the villain!") I think it's safe to say that logic doesn't apply to this one. Likely you just got unlucky and happened to be on erro's mind at the worst possible moment while he was looking for a few people to ban simply to piss people off.

But yeah every time I look back there it looks worse and worse, it's not a matter of if that site falls apart now, it's a matter of when.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Patreon - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!

User avatar
bandit
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:35 pm
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby bandit » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:38 am #147

I don't know where else to bring it up. I keep getting banned on IRC whenever I ask to talk to community advocates. I can't use the forums because errorage said not to ban evade and contrary to apparently popular opinion I do care about the rules and care about not breaking them and not being shit, etc, and have not attempted to do so. If I did nothing wrong, surely there has to be someone willing to be on my side.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls

Incoming
Github User
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:41 pm
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby Incoming » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:45 am #148

bandit wrote:I don't know where else to bring it up. I keep getting banned on IRC whenever I ask to talk to community advocates. I can't use the forums because errorage said not to ban evade and contrary to apparently popular opinion I do care about the rules and care about not breaking them and not being shit, etc, and have not attempted to do so. If I did nothing wrong, surely there has to be someone willing to be on my side.


Someone did make the post on the thread over there, yeah don't worry about that. It was Vekter. No responce yet though.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Patreon - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!

User avatar
bandit
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:35 pm
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby bandit » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:46 am #149

I saw that, it was literally just "he wants to know why he was banned" though, not "I don't think this person is toxic." and I do appreciate it, I just don't think it's going to sway him in my favor
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls

User avatar
Razharas
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:55 pm
Byond Username: Razharas

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby Razharas » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:06 am #150

One of the rules of coderbus is "dont bring drama, no matter the case"
Dont talk about how good/bad some people are because it brings nothing but stirring shit
It can slip sometimes but repeatedly bringing up that theme over and over again will get you banned
If you have questions about how you shal appeal bans/making ban requests and such - ask sos
If you just want to use forums to talk to people as usual - use these forums
If you want to bring up over and over again how injured you are about someone calling you names - use skype or other means of private talks to chew this over and over again with people who feel your woes
Coderbus or forums are not a fitting place for this

User avatar
Vekter
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:25 pm
Location: Fucking around with the engine.
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby Vekter » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:29 am #163

bandit wrote:I saw that, it was literally just "he wants to know why he was banned" though, not "I don't think this person is toxic." and I do appreciate it, I just don't think it's going to sway him in my favor


I'm not going to waste my time trying to sway him because, as I've said like twenty fucking times already tonight, it literally does not matter because erro is turning ss13.eu into some stupid bullshit and tgstation13.org is the new community site gdi I'm sorry Erro was a faggot to you

Apparently it had something to do with some bitchfight you guys had on IRC ages ago or smth

edit: it's 5:30 AM and I'm dealing with the unholy mother of toothaches over here so excuse me if I'm channeling asshole
Last edited by Vekter on Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Image
Image


Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you

Jalleo
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:27 pm
Byond Username: Jalleo

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby Jalleo » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:34 am #165

Stop replying bandit all you are doing is going round a circle errorage hated or disliked you for some reason and wanted to get you gone.

It happened with quite a few of us here.

I got kicked out because I was apparently very critical whenver he made a suggestion and then I argued with him about the copyright stuff on the wiki on the IRC.

User avatar
Comrade Leo
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:56 pm
Byond Username: ComradeLeo

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby Comrade Leo » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:17 pm #189

Jeb wrote:http://i.imgur.com/hSL5rfw.png

just saving this for later


Oh man Stalin approves. Dat purge.

Mfw I survive the purges with a trotsky avatar.
Image

User avatar
bandit
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:35 pm
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby bandit » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:29 pm #192

so I notice there's finally an official announcement about this being the community forum (with no link, but whatever). this could have been handled... a lot better. I've been on a lot of forums where things like this happen, and generally major changes like this are announced weeks, months in advance.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls

Errorage
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:57 am

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby Errorage » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:37 pm #196

<I'M AN IMPOSTER AND HAVE BEEN BANNED!>

ADMIN NOTE: IP matches PADOI's
This is an imposter account. It has been disabled by the admins

User avatar
Jeb
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:01 pm
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby Jeb » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:53 pm #197

Enough with the shitposting from you, your one and only warning.
Image
Unbiased Global Moderator
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
Image

User avatar
Skorvold
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:36 pm
Byond Username: Skorvold

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby Skorvold » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:13 pm #218

Here's my misinformed opinion on this.

Erro is lying about moving the ss13.eu domain away from it's focus on the game, he's clearing us out because he wants to make a profit on the whole thing.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.

User avatar
Jeb
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:01 pm
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby Jeb » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:27 pm #225

Skorvold wrote:Here's my misinformed opinion on this.

Erro is lying about moving the ss13.eu domain away from it's focus on the game, he's clearing us out because he wants to make a profit on the whole thing.


Let's try not to speculate about what he plans on doing. He'll do whatever he does, and it's his to do it with.
Image
Unbiased Global Moderator
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
Image

User avatar
Reyouka
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:40 pm
Byond Username: Reyouka

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby Reyouka » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:46 pm #236

Holy fuck what is going on.


And damn it, can't use my old avatar. Great.
ImageImage

User avatar
Cheridan
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:04 am
Byond Username: Cheridan

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby Cheridan » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:45 pm #248

bandit wrote:so I notice there's finally an official announcement about this being the community forum (with no link, but whatever). this could have been handled... a lot better. I've been on a lot of forums where things like this happen, and generally major changes like this are announced weeks, months in advance.


I apologize for any confusion there may have been about this transition. The original intention was that the other forums would continue to serve as general/administrative forums, and these would be the dedicated coding and development forums.
However, as events continued to unfold it was the host's preference that the other official forum duties be held here as well.

We're still working on unpacking our luggage so to speak, working hard to get the new forums settled in. :)
Image


/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.

User avatar
bandit
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:35 pm
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby bandit » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:52 pm #250

No worries, that post was mainly in regards to there being no announcement on the old forums until more than a day later and it being largely handled in admin forums, not regarding here
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls

User avatar
Ikarrus
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:17 am
Location: Canada
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby Ikarrus » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:01 pm #253

I made one, but it was swiftly deleted. And he since put in filters to block out any links to this site.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?

User avatar
Comrade Leo
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:56 pm
Byond Username: ComradeLeo

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby Comrade Leo » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:06 pm #255

Skorvold wrote:he wants to make a profit on the whole thing.


By selling the domain name? Or does he think his retarded stalin antics is going to net him a megabucks community from all this?
Image

User avatar
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:11 pm
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Postby Atlanta-Ned » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:12 pm #258

Cool, anyone else up for burying the hatchet and moving on?
Feedback pls (Don't bother though, because I am perfect)
### ListVarEdit by Atlanta-ned: /datum/reagents reagent_list: Water=/obj/item/weapon/gun/energy/alien
IcePacks wrote:>all you have is a taser and the cold realization that you're a haphazard bandaid over a problem that may or may not exist, applied by someone who doesn't know or care enough about their job to do it properly

OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are

Next

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: PKPenguin321