How much do you think ayy points are worth?

General SS13 Chat
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

How much do you think ayy points are worth?

Post by Shadowflame909 » #418009

I'd classify abductor points as AP, TC for tele-crystals and WP for wizard points. Being an abductor usually results in you getting murdered by your fourth or 5th person you abduct. I rarely ever see abductors complete there objective, but it's not like they have many items to order.

So if an admins willing to do a trade with them, how much do you think the pretty hard to get points I'd say are worth compared to TC or WP?
► Show Spoiler
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Re: How much do you think ayy points are worth?

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #418041

Shadowflame909 wrote:E
WP are really valuable as you only get 10 and can easily order op shit with it.
Not sure about AP.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #418075

xe.nt.au lists 1AP to 1TC as 0.5TC. WP isnt really traded frequently but for reference, many traitors will spend all 20TC for a single spell, so rates may be as high as 1WP for 10TC.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #418081

>0.5

I can barely abduct 4 people BEFORE I DIE. There better be some inflation soon. Ayy points are always scarce.
► Show Spoiler
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #418086

Problem with Ayys is there is usually 2 or more teams active when the event does fire, as a midrount antag this pretty much means all the easy targets are dead and you're left with the somewhat more robust or prepared crew to target from.

Even if your team does everything perfectly and never gets spotted or recognized as ayys, your counterparts on the other ship might jump right into the middle of the bridge to be murdered and screamed over comms that at least one team exists.

Ayys should have an upgrade system where they can spend points to make harvesting faster and open new avenues (such as disguised traps that TP a person right to their ship, items that auto stun who ever picks them up once primed or other remote abilities to interact or disable/separate the crew at a distance. Being able to save up points to buy a rifle that can stun/sleep targets would be something coders could look into implementing, or even some means to make an ayys-borg module to aid the agent in the field or conduct surgeries on the ship while the scientist scouts new targets.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #418088

Davidchan wrote:Ayys should have an upgrade system where they can spend points to make harvesting faster and open new avenues (such as disguised traps that TP a person right to their ship, items that auto stun who ever picks them up once primed or other remote abilities to interact or disable/separate the crew at a distance. Being able to save up points to buy a rifle that can stun/sleep targets would be something coders could look into implementing, or even some means to make an ayys-borg module to aid the agent in the field or conduct surgeries on the ship while the scientist scouts new targets.
abductors have mind control and make someone murderbone the station so no upgrades like that should be added. if you dont do it then you get banned. fun.

they're already annoying enough

the only good upgrade ideas I can think of is a xcom tier plasma weapon for war ayys or the ayy borg however it would probably be admin only because that still sounds like shit