Simple Questions Thread

General SS13 Chat
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Post by Anonmare » #150391

Bottom post of the previous page:

Zilenan91 wrote:Every so often, a blob core or node will send out a blob pulse. Any special blob on those tiles then procs its effect. So if a node procs a factory, a nugger will spawn, and if a node procs a resource, it will give you resources. They can technically be very very very far away, yet still in pulse range, just far less efficient.
Ah right so technically infinite range but making them closer causes them to trigger more often
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #150393

Anonmare wrote:
Zilenan91 wrote:Every so often, a blob core or node will send out a blob pulse. Any special blob on those tiles then procs its effect. So if a node procs a factory, a nugger will spawn, and if a node procs a resource, it will give you resources. They can technically be very very very far away, yet still in pulse range, just far less efficient.
Ah right so technically infinite range but making them closer causes them to trigger more often
rule of thumb is to just keep them within 3 tiles iirc
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #150431

do active stun batons stun when you throw them at someone

they should
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #150442

Super Aggro Crag wrote:do active stun batons stun when you throw them at someone

they should
no they dont
i think it may have been tried before but it was basically like a better unblockable taser
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #150450

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:do active stun batons stun when you throw them at someone

they should
no they dont
i think it may have been tried before but it was basically like a better unblockable taser
yeah but if you're missed now they have a baton.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #150452

Someone give batons a 50-50 chance to stun if thrown.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #150494

Buggy wrote:I though that anything that isn't just a reaction/chain reaction in a grenade doesn't work. Eg, you can't make a grenade that has black powder and CFL3, because the CFL3 has to react first and heat up the black powder, and then the black powder has to react again to detonate. Same goes for cryostylane/pyrosium, etc.

You can, however, make black powder grenades by preheating the ingredients for black powder so they make black powder and the black powder immediately reacts to form a black powder explosion because it's above the reaction temp.
clf3 naturally exists at 1000 degrees, so it works with black powder.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #150506

Super Aggro Crag wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:

they should
no they dont
yeah but if you're missed now they have a baton.
Or if you had catch mode on.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #150539

Zilenan91 wrote:CLF3 is a chem that lights you on fire. ALso the most efficient way to do chem grenades is to have another chemist give you tooth implants. You can pop all of htem at once immediately and it can't be taken away from you or stopped by stunning you.
Teeth implants?
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #150636

newfren wrote:
Buggy wrote:I though that anything that isn't just a reaction/chain reaction in a grenade doesn't work. Eg, you can't make a grenade that has black powder and CFL3, because the CFL3 has to react first and heat up the black powder, and then the black powder has to react again to detonate. Same goes for cryostylane/pyrosium, etc.

You can, however, make black powder grenades by preheating the ingredients for black powder so they make black powder and the black powder immediately reacts to form a black powder explosion because it's above the reaction temp.
could you use pyrosium instead for grenades?
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #150652

The unloved rock wrote:
newfren wrote:

could you use pyrosium instead for grenades?
Yes, if you gave it time to heat up in it's container before setting off the grenade.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Buggy
Byond Username: Buggy1234

Post by Buggy » #150676

Both pyrosium and CLF3 will work if they're just in a beaker, but I've tested it and neither actually work in grenades, because grenades work weirdly. Essentially grenades create a temporary beaker with the combined capacity of the beaker in it, mix the reagents in it and react them, potentially in a chain, and then spill anything that hasn't reacted around them.

So, if you fill a grenade with say, all the ingredients for something super complicated like meth, and it's hot enough for the final reaction to occur to make meth, then something like 20 reactions will instantly happen and it'll make meth(before promptly scattering it on the floor).

However, if you put in all the ingredients for meth, and the ingredients for CLF3, it'll react to form all the precursors of meth and it'll form CLF3, but it won't form meth, because all the reactions take place, the CLF3 heats up the contents, and it instantly scatters the contents, in that order. It never reacts AGAIN to make meth, despite it being hot enough to do so. Now it is kinda weird in that some stuff that works on a delay like black powder, which explodes a few seconds after heating it, still works. But it doesn't react again.

There is a very easy way around this for black powder in that it's explosion is technically another reaction that only requires black powder and occurs at it's detonation temperature, so you can preheat the ingredients for it, stick them in a grenade, and it'll instantly react to form black powder and then the black powder will instantly react to make blackpowder_explosion.

But, for nitroglycerin, there is no apparent workaround as such because if you put in all the ingredients in a grenade it only forms 2/3 as much nitro as ingredients, so 600U of ingredients produces 400U of nitroglycerin. If you make the nitroglycerin beforehand with stabilizing agent and put in 600U, there is no way to heat it so it explodes in the grenade. So the maximum possible nitro grenade explosion is equivalent to 400U of nitroglycerin.

Drynwyn wrote:Yes, if you gave it time to heat up in it's container before setting off the grenade.
Huh... you bring up a interesting point. I'm not sure if reagents in a grenade react before the grenade is detonated. You MAY be able to make pyrosium/stabilized nitroglycerin and quickly stick it in a grenade, and after a bit it'll heat up to detonation temp and instantly detonate when the grenade goes off. This warrants further testing.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #150681

Anonmare wrote:
Uh, no actually.
You have to be within 4 tiles of a core (or 3 of a node) to even GET a pulse.
if you're outside of those ranges you get nothing, no pulse, no resources, no floaty chicken nuggets.
私は完璧
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #150707

Malkevin wrote:
Zilenan91 wrote:CLF3 is a chem that lights you on fire. ALso the most efficient way to do chem grenades is to have another chemist give you tooth implants. You can pop all of htem at once immediately and it can't be taken away from you or stopped by stunning you.
Teeth implants?
target the mouth with medical drapes and you can implant a pill into somebody's teeth which they can crack on a whim
Spoiler:
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #150823

That sounds pretty cool actually. Does it cause ingestion or touch? Stick a brute patch on and you get an instant pick me up
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #150864

ingestion, it's a pill. You can use it to ingest a bunch of black powder at once and then light it with a CLF3 pill. Me and some CMO who hasn't played in a while did it with a lizard and he managed to blow up the ENTIRE holodeck, reinforced floors and all, and got cloned after that.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #151007

Mr Dempski was the captains monkey back in the first era of everyish head having a pet.
Coder Urist culled a lot of them because mob pathfinding caused a lot of lag or something.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #151153

Buggy wrote: There is a very easy way around this for black powder in that it's explosion is technically another reaction that only requires black powder and occurs at it's detonation temperature, so you can preheat the ingredients for it, stick them in a grenade, and it'll instantly react to form black powder and then the black powder will instantly react to make blackpowder_explosion.
So what you are saying is, fill a beaker with the (unfortunately 3) ingredients for black powder, and make sure they are heated a lot?
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #151163

The unloved rock wrote:
Buggy wrote: There is a very easy way around this for black powder in that it's explosion is technically another reaction that only requires black powder and occurs at it's detonation temperature, so you can preheat the ingredients for it, stick them in a grenade, and it'll instantly react to form black powder and then the black powder will instantly react to make blackpowder_explosion.
So what you are saying is, fill a beaker with the (unfortunately 3) ingredients for black powder, and make sure they are heated a lot?
Fill it with stabilized black powder, not the ingredients for black powder.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #151169

Drynwyn wrote:
The unloved rock wrote:
I don't get what you are saying, then again I never use stabilizing agent. do you like put in 290 units of black powder in each beaker, and 10 units of stabilizing agent in each, with both heated a ton?
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #151173

The unloved rock wrote:
Drynwyn wrote:
The unloved rock wrote:
I don't get what you are saying, then again I never use stabilizing agent. do you like put in 290 units of black powder in each beaker, and 10 units of stabilizing agent in each, with both heated a ton?
Mix the black powder with the stabilizing agent. Remove the stabilizing agent. Put black powder in one beaker. Put clf3 ingredients in other beaker, with one ingredient in with the blackpowder.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #151187

Drynwyn wrote:
The unloved rock wrote:
Drynwyn wrote:
The unloved rock wrote:
Mix the black powder with the stabilizing agent. Remove the stabilizing agent. Put black powder in one beaker. Put clf3 ingredients in other beaker, with one ingredient in with the blackpowder.
So if you remove stabilizing agent, it still works?
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #151268

Grazyn wrote:Does the ghost get a message when someone is defibbing his corpse?
Yes
VincVsVincent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: VincVsVincent

Post by VincVsVincent » #151340

WHEN ARE MY LIZARDS COMING BACK?
I'm alive
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #151341

If I am online I turn people to lizards on request, as long as you can deal with being a pseudo mime
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #151387

>mfw the Lizard menace is scourged
Kind of sad now tbh
No more memes
No more race wars
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #151408

We shall rise again.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Buggy
Byond Username: Buggy1234

Post by Buggy » #151449

The unloved rock wrote:
Drynwyn wrote:
The unloved rock wrote:
Drynwyn wrote:
The unloved rock wrote:
So if you remove stabilizing agent, it still works?
If you remove the stabilizing agent, it works yes. And stabilizing reagent isn't needed for black powder at all.

However you shouldn't be using it if you want grenades that work. Again, I've tested it and you cannot use chemicals to heat up a grenade and THEN have it explode. ClF3+stabilized nitroglycerin in a grenade will NOT work, don't waste half a hour making all that nitro just to get a dud.

If you want a black powder grenade that works, take all 3 ingredients, put all of ingredient A and 50% of ingredient B in a beaker, put all of ingredient C and the other 50% of ingredient B in a beaker, heat both beakers to above the detonation temp(475~ if i remember correctly), and then put them in a grenade. When the react, the black powder formed is already above the detonation temperature, so it explodes. Do not bother with any chemical that heats it up, it'll just reduce the amount of black powder you can put in it and thus reduce the yield.

If you want a nitro grenade that explodes instantly, just follow the steps for black powder but leave out the heating, it normally explodes instantly on creation anyway. Don't put in any stabilizing agent or any chemicals that heat it up, they are unneeded.

You could get significantly more yield from a nitro grenade if you could use stabilized nitroglycerin instead, but unfortunately it just doesn't work.
Tars
Byond Username: Tars-Ryder

Post by Tars » #151973

Just curious is it possible to save the rounds progress when i stop my server and then be able to resume after if i turn everything off
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #151975

Tars wrote:Just curious is it possible to save the rounds progress when i stop my server and then be able to resume after if i turn everything off
If you're on a local server and have admin rights, just toggle random events off and disconnect, but leave Dream Daemon open.
Spoiler:
Tars

Post by Tars » #152112

Ya its a local host with admin rights but I'd have to turn off my pc at some point so could you save progress through some external program?

Like I was just thinking for a singleplayer/co op experience with friends

A never-ending rounds of sorts..
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #152144

Tars wrote:Ya its a local host with admin rights but I'd have to turn off my pc at some point so could you save progress through some external program?

Like I was just thinking for a singleplayer/co op experience with friends

A never-ending rounds of sorts..
not really doable afaik without a dedicated server, sorry fam
Spoiler:
qwert
Byond Username: Ohlos

Post by qwert » #152174

How do I ignite gunpowder in muh grenades? Do the chems in grenades heated to 1000 degrees slowly loose their temperature, or it is constant?
How many units of gunpowder are needed to gib person?
Does splashing someone with thermite make it worse then splashing someone with napalm or just wielding fuel?
Would the burning be more intense, if you combine several chems, which apply burnstacks?
Does napalm apply burnstacks, when inside person and ignited?
Is acid heated to 1000 degrees more dangerous?
Is it possible to ignite gunpowder foam or gunpowder smoke to create vacuum bomb like effect?
How patches apply chemicals? Will the patch with chlorine trifluoride and gunpowder blow up person with tiny explosion every second?
Somehow when other chemist combined napalm, chlorine trifluorine, ethanol, gin and something else made spray bottle shoot flames like flamethrower, and fire extinguisher refilled from it could set on fire the whole hallway! But before he added alchohol drinks the spray/ fireextinguisher did not shoot flames. WHy?( stuff happened on hippie station, huh)
dionysus24779
Byond Username: Dionysus24779

Post by dionysus24779 » #152545

Is it normal that an EMP or EMP like ability (I couldn't see where it came from, I assume a Nuke Op, I just saw the white fuzziness before everything went black) can knock you out for 5+ minutes?
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #152563

dionysus24779 wrote:Is it normal that an EMP or EMP like ability (I couldn't see where it came from, I assume a Nuke Op, I just saw the white fuzziness before everything went black) can knock you out for 5+ minutes?
depends, what were you?
pAI controlled bots get pretty much knocked out forever and instakilled, borgs take like a 20~ second stun or something, augmented dudes take like a 15~ second stun and a ton of burn... there's probably more but idk
Spoiler:
Tars

Post by Tars » #152667

Does dream daemon make a seperate copy of the map that keeps track of all the changes that happen during the round like explosions, new blocks etc cause then i could compile it and replace the old one and thats sorta like saving...?
dionysus24779
Byond Username: Dionysus24779

Post by dionysus24779 » #152670

PKPenguin321 wrote:
dionysus24779 wrote:Is it normal that an EMP or EMP like ability (I couldn't see where it came from, I assume a Nuke Op, I just saw the white fuzziness before everything went black) can knock you out for 5+ minutes?
depends, what were you?
pAI controlled bots get pretty much knocked out forever and instakilled, borgs take like a 20~ second stun or something, augmented dudes take like a 15~ second stun and a ton of burn... there's probably more but idk
I was an engie borg, really strange... because it did last for multiple minutes, I even took screenshots.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #152725

Bug. Borgs are stunned forever from EMP's, there's a pr up fixing it.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #152792

Zilenan91 wrote:Bug. Borgs are stunned forever from EMP's, there's a pr up fixing it.
btw before a dionysus saltsplosion, this was already fixed pretty much less than a day from being reported so it's not an issue anymore
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #152856

Wait pAIs can control bots?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #152857

Yeah it's a recent thing. You can slot them inside of every bot but secbots. So player mules, medibots, cleanbots, etc. Oh also player MULES don't go hypermurder mode when a pAI is in them, they just knock people down.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Cuboos
Byond Username: Cuboos

Post by Cuboos » #153142

How do you do that "whispers in the final words" thing right before you die? is it a preference or something? Or good timing? or what?
/TG/ First and Only Sound guy
The only Dev unanimously loved least hated.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #153143

Cuboos wrote:How do you do that "whispers in the final words" thing right before you die? is it a preference or something? Or good timing? or what?
type "whisper" instead of "say" and type in whatever message
keep in mind that only people within a 3x3 radius of you/the people in deadchat will hear you
Spoiler:
Cuboos
Byond Username: Cuboos

Post by Cuboos » #153162

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Cuboos wrote:How do you do that "whispers in the final words" thing right before you die? is it a preference or something? Or good timing? or what?
type "whisper" instead of "say" and type in whatever message
keep in mind that only people within a 3x3 radius of you/the people in deadchat will hear you
Is there a specific stage you have to do it?
/TG/ First and Only Sound guy
The only Dev unanimously loved least hated.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #153163

You just have to be in crit. Keep in mind this will instantly kill you
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #153181

Also the healthier you are the more you can say.
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #153199

Can gas pipes break from the heat in them if you're pumping bomb making gases?
Actionb
Byond Username: Actionb

Post by Actionb » #153207

Reece wrote:Can gas pipes break from the heat in them if you're pumping bomb making gases?
Pipes and pumps never break or leak. Furthermore, reactions do not happen in them anymore. So even if you pump supercool O2 in from one way and hot plasma from another, they won't spontaneously combust, but just simply mix.
neersighted
Byond Username: Neersighted
Github Username: neersighted

Post by neersighted » #153214

This is incorrect, I believe pipenets do react now. It is correct that they never burst, but that will be fixed in the future. Here is the relevant code:

Code: Select all

/datum/pipeline/process()
	if(update)
		update = 0
		reconcile_air()
	update = air.react()
Actionb
Byond Username: Actionb

Post by Actionb » #153390

neersighted wrote:This is incorrect, I believe pipenets do react now. It is correct that they never burst, but that will be fixed in the future. Here is the relevant code:

if(update)
		update = 0
		reconcile_air()
	update = air.react()
Holy shit you're right! When was that added back in?
neersighted
Byond Username: Neersighted
Github Username: neersighted

Post by neersighted » #153463

Actionb wrote:
neersighted wrote:This is incorrect, I believe pipenets do react now. It is correct that they never burst, but that will be fixed in the future. Here is the relevant code:

if(update)
		update = 0
		reconcile_air()
	update = air.react()
Holy shit you're right! When was that added back in?
I think with listmos. Generic bursting for tanks/jetpacks/canisters/pumps/pipes is coming soon.