Simple Questions Thread

General SS13 Chat
User avatar
Malkevin
Confined to the shed
 
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 4:33 pm
Byond Username: Malkevin

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Malkevin » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:27 pm #43703

Its a problem I've had for years - actually started around the time the bay-detective stuff was ported over.

Wonder if its because I connect to my router wirelessly.
This space intentionally left blank.



User avatar
paprika
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:20 pm
Location: in down bad
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby paprika » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:14 pm #43753

Make an issue report for it. In the future, stand still before shooting.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.

User avatar
MMMiracles
 
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:27 am
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby MMMiracles » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:08 pm #43768

Is there any significant difference between glass tables and regular tables other then shattering? Like, would tabling someone on it cause a higher stun/brute damage when it breaks?
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.

User avatar
paprika
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:20 pm
Location: in down bad
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby paprika » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:53 am #43822

Higher stun for climbing on it/getting tabled, yeah
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.

User avatar
Silavite
 
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:15 pm
Byond Username: Silavite

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Silavite » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:34 pm #43869

Where are the Anesthetic Tanks for surgery? It says in the wiki surgery guide "(Optional) Use a tank of anesthetic and a breath mask to make your patient sleep." but I have NEVER seen an anesthetic tank on the station. Ever.

User avatar
Saegrimr
 
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:39 pm
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Saegrimr » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:02 pm #43870

The locker in the surgery room.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.

User avatar
Mastigos
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:53 am

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Mastigos » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm #43871

There should be one in a crate or locker in the surgery room. You'll have to put the tank on their back in order to be able to set their internals.
Hornygranny wrote: i was wrong

Paprika wrote:Saegrimr is right.


#NEVERFORGET

User avatar
Silavite
 
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:15 pm
Byond Username: Silavite

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Silavite » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:33 pm #43882

What is the optimal plasma/oxygen ratio in the turbine?

Is there any way to remove floor tiles to exposed space besides the RCD?

User avatar
Mastigos
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:53 am

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Mastigos » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:22 pm #43893

You can deconstruct flooring.
Hornygranny wrote: i was wrong

Paprika wrote:Saegrimr is right.


#NEVERFORGET

User avatar
Malkevin
Confined to the shed
 
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 4:33 pm
Byond Username: Malkevin

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Malkevin » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:43 pm #43897

Silavite wrote:What is the optimal plasma/oxygen ratio in the turbine?

Is there any way to remove floor tiles to exposed space besides the RCD?

Drills
This space intentionally left blank.

Erbbu
 
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:56 am
Byond Username: Erbbu

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Erbbu » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:46 am #44218

Does using digital camouflage as a changeling break the track of an AI already tracking you?

User avatar
Wyzack
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:32 pm
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Wyzack » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:02 pm #44639

What happens when lord singuloth eats an active nuke counting down?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!

Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.

EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster

User avatar
Malkevin
Confined to the shed
 
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 4:33 pm
Byond Username: Malkevin

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Malkevin » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:21 pm #44643

Nuke gets del()'ed and thats it.
This space intentionally left blank.

User avatar
Wyzack
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:32 pm
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Wyzack » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:30 am #44645

So you could theoretically save the station with a singulo beacon? Nice.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!

Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.

EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster

Perakp
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:45 pm
Byond Username: Perakp

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Perakp » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:52 am #44678

Erbbu wrote:Does using digital camouflage as a changeling break the track of an AI already tracking you?

Yes. They get a message "Follow camera mode terminated.", so they know there was something fishy about that person. Same thing happens when you track someone wearing an agent ID.

Erbbu
 
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:56 am
Byond Username: Erbbu

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Erbbu » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:16 am #44690

Perakp wrote:
Erbbu wrote:Does using digital camouflage as a changeling break the track of an AI already tracking you?

Yes. They get a message "Follow camera mode terminated.", so they know there was something fishy about that person. Same thing happens when you track someone wearing an agent ID.

Alright, I guess I'll be buying digital camouflage more often in the future. Thanks!

User avatar
Zortn
 
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:15 pm
Location: Kansas

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Zortn » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:56 am #45512

How do I get those SMES in engineering to charge? Wiki says "set them to Auto" but I don't see the word 'auto' anywhere on the panel. I even set it to the recommended input/output of 160000/140000, but it still doesn't do anything no matter how long I wait. Am I missing something?
ImageImage

Cik
 
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:24 pm
Byond Username: Cik

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Cik » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:26 pm #45679

SMES settings should be 200000 input 140000 output, input on output on. you will of course have to have an energy source, like the solars or an active singularity to provide power.

User avatar
Malkevin
Confined to the shed
 
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 4:33 pm
Byond Username: Malkevin

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Malkevin » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:56 pm #45684

You probably didn't fill the plasma tanks
This space intentionally left blank.

User avatar
Wyzack
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:32 pm
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Wyzack » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:04 am #45698

Guys how do i friggin tracking implants. It seems easy but i always glub it up somehow
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!

Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.

EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster

User avatar
Malkevin
Confined to the shed
 
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 4:33 pm
Byond Username: Malkevin

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Malkevin » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:22 am #45770

Put in the implant config machine that comes in the box (looks like a number pad), change the tracking ID to one you haven't used.
Note down the Tracker ID and the name of the person you've sticking it into on a piece of paper, throw the paper next to the prisoner management console

Eject the implant case from implant configurator and inject the implant into the convict.

Use the console to monitor their location.
*Optional* Send messages direct to their brain to taunt them, convince them to kill the other prisoners, etc.

When they escape use the console to find their general location, use the tracker handheld device to pinpoint their location from near their general location.
This space intentionally left blank.

User avatar
peoplearestrange
 
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:02 pm
Location: UK
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby peoplearestrange » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:32 pm #45791

How do you use chemical inplants? I can never work out how to fill the inplant before injecting it.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment

miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly

WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.

Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.

TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...

NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.

Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!

Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!

Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.

IM TRYING

Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch

Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...


Are you having a stroke

bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing

MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.

PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"

I'm a box

User avatar
Steelpoint
Github User
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:37 pm
Location: The Armoury
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Steelpoint » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:48 pm #45794

peoplearestrange wrote:How do you use chemical inplants? I can never work out how to fill the inplant before injecting it.


Get a syringe full of the chemical you want (You can nab some from perma/insane ward) then click it on the implant while it's still in its container.

I think it can hold about 50 units.
Image

User avatar
Malkevin
Confined to the shed
 
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 4:33 pm
Byond Username: Malkevin

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Malkevin » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:50 pm #45795

Inject them with a syringe duh

Normal syringes only, lethal injections don't work unfortunately.



Btw, don't bother using implants as a parole option - it will always back fire and bite you in the arse.
Y'know, because people are ungrateful cunts
This space intentionally left blank.

jakeinmn
 
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:48 pm

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby jakeinmn » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:18 am #46022

I drag people by right clicking and highlighting their name and then choosing the pull option in order to drag them. If I select my intent and then choose grab in order to drag them, you slowly walk them around. However, I see people run up to objects and people and instantly pull them around without the delay/lag that it takes to open up the right click pull option menu.

HOW do you pull an object or person quickly? OOC didnt help in game and no one seems to know.

PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:46 pm.
Reason: Requested

User avatar
ThatSlyFox
 
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:00 am
Location: USA!
Byond Username: ThatSlyFox

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby ThatSlyFox » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:38 pm #46287

How do I robust someone and get away with it as a non-antag?

On a more serious note how the fuck do you atmos? Or pretty much anything dealing with gases?

Erbbu
 
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:56 am
Byond Username: Erbbu

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Erbbu » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:23 am #46397

ThatSlyFox wrote:How do I robust someone and get away with it as a non-antag?

Don't kill them and don't detain them for an extended period of time. Cause no permanent injuries i.e. mutations.

User avatar
Malkevin
Confined to the shed
 
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 4:33 pm
Byond Username: Malkevin

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Malkevin » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:50 am #46399

Stick a gasmask and n2o tank, with output pressure set low, on them - set their internals to on.
Watch as they pass out and suffocate silent with little to no indication of foul play.
This space intentionally left blank.

User avatar
Wyzack
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:32 pm
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Wyzack » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:31 pm #46415

I had to ask this on the old forums too, but where is the program that lets you make NT ID cards? All my google skills have failed me in finding it. Again.

:EDIT I also have another question, is there any negative effects to welding vents? Does it do anything other than dick over xenos and other ventcrawlers?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!

Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.

EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster

User avatar
peoplearestrange
 
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:02 pm
Location: UK
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby peoplearestrange » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:04 pm #46425

Wyzack wrote::EDIT I also have another question, is there any negative effects to welding vents? Does it do anything other than dick over xenos and other ventcrawlers?

It stops the flow of air to the room. But this only has a slow effect, depending on the size of the room and how many mobs that take oxygen are in said room.
In otherwords, Janitors closet will take ages before it runs out of usable air. The cloning room, however, would probably run out fairly quickly (being as its small and has a lot of people moving in any out). It's never normally an issue as xenos tend to kill or be killed way before Oxygen is ever an issue.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment

miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly

WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.

Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.

TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...

NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.

Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!

Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!

Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.

IM TRYING

Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch

Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...


Are you having a stroke

bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing

MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.

PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"

I'm a box

User avatar
youngbuckliontiger
 
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:56 am

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby youngbuckliontiger » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:33 am #46885

How do i mutate kudzu to give it Stackable mutations like explosive, fire resistant, aggresive spreading, etc.
Ive been adding unstable mutagen but there seems to be no change.
Is it based on potency? if the kudzu has 100 potency, does that mean it has all mutations?
Player name: Rob Ust
Lets have fun in SS13!
I don't play anymore though.

User avatar
Ricotez
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:21 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Byond Username: Ricotez

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Ricotez » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:05 pm #46899

Ctrl+clicking on something will initiate pull on it, it's the shortcut for pulling. Whether you can actually pull something depends on whether the "anchored" var of the object is >= 1.

EDIT: Oh wow sorry, I didn't see there was another page after the 3rd.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.

Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs

Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them

peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."

DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".

tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person

CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.

Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.

ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem

User avatar
Earthykiller127
 
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:34 pm

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Earthykiller127 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:12 am #48274

Wyzack wrote:I had to ask this on the old forums too, but where is the program that lets you make NT ID cards? All my google skills have failed me in finding it. Again.

You don't need to use google. Just open the image in a tab and cut a few things. Here it is: http://www.ss13.eu/tgdb/bio/
Image

PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:46 pm.
Reason: Requested

User avatar
Silavite
 
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:15 pm
Byond Username: Silavite

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Silavite » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:25 am #48286

Violaceus wrote:How do I roll on ground to extinguish fire?

Resist button
It also gets you out of sleeper buttons in 1 click, and if you spam it enough, can get you out of cryo tubes.

User avatar
Spacezenegger
 
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:43 am

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Spacezenegger » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:42 am #48288

Could I setup a heater to the main air distribution to slightly heat up the oxygen going out? Giving people a second or two longer to escape a breach?

PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:46 pm.
Reason: Requested

whodaloo
 
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:49 am
Byond Username: Whodaloo

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby whodaloo » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:03 am #48292

Violaceus wrote:
Silavite wrote:
Violaceus wrote:How do I roll on ground to extinguish fire?

Resist button
It also gets you out of sleeper buttons in 1 click, and if you spam it enough, can get you out of cryo tubes.

Yes I know I asked only about fire.

Do I need to rest on ground first?

Clicking the little button will do it, you don't have to lay down first. Alternatively, manually entering resist into the command bar-thingy will cause you to roll around as well. Keep in mind that resisting doesn't always put you out- a better bet is almost always a fire extinguisher on yourself... although you run the risk of hitting yourself like a moron.
i love public logs
Spoiler:
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : Beacuse
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : ((im banned))

SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Hos
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Can i bang you]
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : ]plras
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : R; I WROTE THIS SOMG FOR YOU HOS

SAY: Bryce Pax/IcePacks : I THINK I WAS A LITTLE HASTY IN GIVING THE CREW ACCESS TO THE ARMORY

Lusty Xenomorph Maid begins to clean the telescopic baton with the soap...

[Common] Garrett Larson says, "How do i shot pod"

OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : WHodaloo, why are you so fucking aggressive against me
OOC: Engineer Donkin/Whodaloo : i have no idea what you're talking about chief
OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : Cuck sucking dick wanking piece of cock shit head

User avatar
Ergovisavi
 
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:03 pm
Byond Username: Ergovisavi

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Ergovisavi » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:35 am #48344

whodaloo wrote:
Violaceus wrote:
Silavite wrote:
Violaceus wrote:How do I roll on ground to extinguish fire?

Resist button
It also gets you out of sleeper buttons in 1 click, and if you spam it enough, can get you out of cryo tubes.

Yes I know I asked only about fire.

Do I need to rest on ground first?

Clicking the little button will do it, you don't have to lay down first. Alternatively, manually entering resist into the command bar-thingy will cause you to roll around as well. Keep in mind that resisting doesn't always put you out- a better bet is almost always a fire extinguisher on yourself... although you run the risk of hitting yourself like a moron.


For the record, this isn't determined by RNG; It's determined by fire_stacks, which track just how "on fire" you are. If you you just danced in and out of a random hotspot, rolling around on the ground will put you out every time, assuming you werent splashed by some kind of fuel. On the other hand, it'll take 2 or 3 rolls to put out being hit with a bottle of vodka and lit on fire, so in that case you're definitely better off looking for an extinguisher.

User avatar
paprika
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:20 pm
Location: in down bad
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby paprika » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:58 am #48345

You can't get out of cryo tubes resisting unless you're conscious, cryo tubes only wake you out of consciousness when you're at 100% health.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.

Erbbu
 
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:56 am
Byond Username: Erbbu

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Erbbu » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:14 am #48348

What exactly is the difference between a default atmos pump and a volume pump?

User avatar
Saegrimr
 
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:39 pm
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Saegrimr » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:35 am #48349

Erbbu wrote:What exactly is the difference between a default atmos pump and a volume pump?


One pumps a specific pressure, one pumps a specific amount of gas through.
10 moles of plasma can be either extremely high pressure or low pressure depending on its temperature.

In practice, volume pumps are just left on max and used to move shit faster than pressure pumps where accuracy isn't needed.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.

User avatar
Preamble
 
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:02 am
Byond Username: Preamble

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Preamble » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:05 am #48355

Saegrimr wrote:
Erbbu wrote:What exactly is the difference between a default atmos pump and a volume pump?


One pumps a specific pressure, one pumps a specific amount of gas through.
10 moles of plasma can be either extremely high pressure or low pressure depending on its temperature.

In practice, volume pumps are just left on max and used to move shit faster than pressure pumps where accuracy isn't needed.


Also worth noting: Volume pumps have no limit on how much pressure they can get to. Pressure pumps will stop pumping when the pressure at the output is equal to whatever number you set it to, which maxes out at 4500kpa. Volume pumps will pump FOREVER so if you need to fill a canister with 70000000kpa of N2O to give to the clown you can.

User avatar
Malkevin
Confined to the shed
 
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 4:33 pm
Byond Username: Malkevin

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Malkevin » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:18 am #48362

Not true AssFace, volume pumps will only pump to just over 9000k
This space intentionally left blank.

Raven776
 
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:51 pm
Byond Username: Raven776

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Raven776 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:49 am #48373

There is a way to fill up cannisters to massive quantities though.

User avatar
Akkryls
 
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:54 am
Byond Username: Akkryls

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Akkryls » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:57 am #48375

Can you still make canister bombs? (Hot plasma, shoved into an Oxygen tank to blow it up?)

I met one miner once who was using canister bombs to mine the entire asteroid in a few minutes rather than an entire round, unfortunately I never learnt his method and don't think I've seen him since.

User avatar
Vekter
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:25 pm
Location: Fucking around with the engine.
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Vekter » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:12 pm #48382

Presumably. I've never mastered it myself.
Image
Image
Image


Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you

Zsword
 
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:07 pm

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Zsword » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:24 pm #48386

How does the Defibs Work? (I have to ask cause it's not on the Wiki.)

Cheimon
 
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 6:53 pm
Byond Username: Cheimon

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Postby Cheimon » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:35 pm #48395

Zsword wrote:How does the Defibs Work? (I have to ask cause it's not on the Wiki.)


They revive viable dead people. Viable basically means 'not dead for too long' (about 5 minutes? You can see the time of death on a medical scan), 'not too damaged' (180 burn or brute was what was stated earlier in this thread), and 'not a ghost' (you can revive these people, but they'll be catatonic).

So here's how you use them: with your dead body, quickly examine it and perform a health scan. If the soul isn't outside the body, and if the time of death is recent enough, and if the damage is low enough, put the defibrillator on your back. Toggle the paddles off it, then click the two paddles so that you hold one in each hand. Then aim for the chest and click the body.

Assuming the body isn't obstructed by thick clothing (a hardsuit, say) you'll probably revive them. If you get a bold blue message, then they can't be revived. If you get a standard blue message (resuscitation failed), then try again. It may well work on the third or fourth try, for example. Having said that, last time I did this they were catatonic on revival so it may be a light warning about that. Check the body if it's not working.

Once you have someone revived, they will be close to death: the defibs don't heal masses of damage, just a bit of oxyloss. Jab them with an inaprovaline medipen and throw them into a cryo tube, or heal them manually. If they keep dying the second after you've resurrected them (and I mean the second) then just throw them in cloning.

There is slight brain damage for being dead for too long, but it's still much better than cloning under normal circumstances.

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users