Simple Questions Thread

General SS13 Chat
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Post by wesoda25 » #468606

Bottom post of the previous page:

How do I upload pictures short of attachments? Those are really ugly unless you actually click them.
[this space reserved]
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Post by subject217 » #468610

you're not uploading, you're embedding pictures from somewhere else

you use the [img] tag for this
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #490253

Where can I download Nar'Sie's sound effect? You know, the one where she tears the world a new asshole.
Bring back papercult.

Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #490256

InsaneHyena wrote:Where can I download Nar'Sie's sound effect? You know, the one where she tears the world a new asshole.
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/ ... /creatures
narsie_rises.ogg
Vile Beggar
Byond Username: Vile Beggar

Post by Vile Beggar » #490258

InsaneHyena wrote:Where can I download Nar'Sie's sound effect? You know, the one where she tears the world a new asshole.
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/ ... l_rend.ogg
this is where the actual tearing happens
Spoiler:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImage
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #490259

Screemonster wrote:
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/ ... /creatures
narsie_rises.ogg
Shit, the old sound was so much better.

Thanks.
Bring back papercult.

Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #505858

Where can you get those "Employee of NT" pics? I want one tooooooo.....
SealCure
Byond Username: JimmyJingo

Post by SealCure » #505951

Tarchonvaagh wrote:Where can you get those "Employee of NT" pics? I want one tooooooo.....
http://liamlime.com/content/bio/

Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #505955

Thanks

EDIT: I wanted it for my signature but I always get this error: It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. How to fix it?
Reyn
Byond Username: ReynTime13

Post by Reyn » #515599

Sorry for necroposting but...

If someone breaks into the vault for no good reason using tools I know they got from something which isnt just them being antag, and I'm not sec, am I allowed to do anything about it?
I play Trevor Fea on Bagil, And Giorno Giovanna on terry. Yes, I'm THAT raging asshole. Sorry for being such a cunt.
Have I told you how much I hate engineering, by the way?
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #515612

Tarchonvaagh wrote:Thanks

EDIT: I wanted it for my signature but I always get this error: It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. How to fix it?
epic

How do I beat lexia black in a fight
► Show Spoiler
Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #515679

Shadowflame909 wrote:

epic

owen pimple
Xeroxemnas
Byond Username: Xeroxemnas

Post by Xeroxemnas » #515688

Shadowflame909 wrote:

epic

You have to be me.
Deepwoods
Byond Username: Deepwoods

Post by Deepwoods » #517785

Can you change out the power cells on energy-based weapons?

A second, to make this post worthwhile: Can Botanists modify pod people to acquire plant traits? Can you make fireproof pod people that aren't damaged by darkness?
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #517798

Deepwoods wrote:Can you change out the power cells on energy-based weapons?

A second, to make this post worthwhile: Can Botanists modify pod people to acquire plant traits? Can you make fireproof pod people that aren't damaged by darkness?
Only on stun batons. Screwdriver to pop out the cell.

I dont think so but I havent played botany forever.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Deepwoods

Post by Deepwoods » #517802

terranaut wrote:

I'll have to test things when I'm able. The idea of being able to make pod people that can recharge machines and devices on contact through the Capacitive Cell and Electrical Activity traits is wild. Though nobody ever accepts the pod person revive, so that'll be a pain to test absent volunteers.
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #517822

Deepwoods wrote:Though nobody ever accepts the pod person revive, so that'll be a pain to test absent volunteers.
I think that's more due to the timing issues, as in somebody being dead for so long they're afk/logged out. Personally I accept any revive unless I'd rather just not play for OOC reasons and if I find a body without a head I'm dumping it in botany, not medbay, and sometimes as AI I panic about botanists killing each other for a second until I realise they're just podcloning each other.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Sandshark808
Byond Username: Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #517826

Deepwoods wrote:
terranaut wrote:

I'll have to test things when I'm able. The idea of being able to make pod people that can recharge machines and devices on contact through the Capacitive Cell and Electrical Activity traits is wild. Though nobody ever accepts the pod person revive, so that'll be a pain to test absent volunteers.
It shouldn't work, but I might have missed something browsing the code.
Deepwoods

Post by Deepwoods » #518582

How do you access a cyborg's panel if you don't have a keycard with the proper authorization?
Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #518586

Deepwoods wrote:How do you access a cyborg's panel if you don't have a keycard with the proper authorization?
Emag, there is no other way
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #518590

Deepwoods wrote:How do you access a cyborg's panel if you don't have a keycard with the proper authorization?
Ask it to unlock its own cover ot kill it, the panel auto-unlocks on death.
Reyn

Post by Reyn » #518596

What's the damage output of slugs compared to buckshot?
I play Trevor Fea on Bagil, And Giorno Giovanna on terry. Yes, I'm THAT raging asshole. Sorry for being such a cunt.
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #518598

Reyn wrote:What's the damage output of slugs compared to buckshot?
60 for a slug and 15x5 for buckshot.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Reyn

Post by Reyn » #518602

terranaut wrote:
So a point blank buckshot or a buckshot where every pellet hits deals 75 damage, opposed to the Slug's 60. However the slug is more reliable for ranged shots, while the buckshot is best for people running around like idiots or people at relatively close range. Thus, people should probably use buckshot in close quarters and when they can land most, if not all, of the pellets, or when people are being evasive and you just need to hit them a bit, and slugs when they have reliable aim, and a distance where the buckshot's spread will fuck it over, Or against more heavily armored blokes, as armor will only apply once instead of to each of 5 projectiles.
Nice.
Deepwoods

Post by Deepwoods » #518613

Reyn wrote:
terranaut wrote:
So a point blank buckshot or a buckshot where every pellet hits deals 75 damage, opposed to the Slug's 60. However the slug is more reliable for ranged shots, while the buckshot is best for people running around like idiots or people at relatively close range. Thus, people should probably use buckshot in close quarters and when they can land most, if not all, of the pellets, or when people are being evasive and you just need to hit them a bit, and slugs when they have reliable aim, and a distance where the buckshot's spread will fuck it over, Or against more heavily armored blokes, as armor will only apply once instead of to each of 5 projectiles.
Nice.
I can speak from very recent and personal experience that, if someone is coming at you with a shotgun and there is nobody else around, run away or disable that person.
Reyn

Post by Reyn » #518617

Deepwoods wrote:
Reyn wrote:
terranaut wrote:
Nice.
I can speak from very recent and personal experience that, if someone is coming at you with a shotgun and there is nobody else around, run away or disable that person.
Yeah, If they can get good shots in, and if it's not the bartender's double barrel, and especially so if it IS a Combat shotgun or the warden's compact that they're using, They can at least get one reliable guaranteed kill in. Pump actions arent as scary, but the warden's compact is... a nightmare to fight.

On another note, is it normal for me to be as persistant as a fucking terminator when it comes to guarding armoury and killing blokes who tried to break in through space?
Deepwoods

Post by Deepwoods » #518650

Another question, because I'm curious. What happens if you blow out the engines on the ship of the Nuclear Operatives? Can you even do that?
Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #518659

Deepwoods wrote:Another question, because I'm curious. What happens if you blow out the engines on the ship of the Nuclear Operatives? Can you even do that?
I'm relatively sure that engines are cosmetic. The console is what moves you.
Deepwoods

Post by Deepwoods » #518720

Does the Large Armor in the Security vending machines that costs $600 carry any special defensive properties? What's the deal with it?
HommandoSA
Byond Username: HommandoSA

Post by HommandoSA » #518728

Deepwoods wrote:Does the Large Armor in the Security vending machines that costs $600 carry any special defensive properties? What's the deal with it?
It has the same armor value as the vest you spawn with but it is capable of storing a large weapon, such as a shotgun, in its suit storage.
Reyn

Post by Reyn » #518732

What's the difference between "Energy" and "Laser" damage? Is this the difference between pulse and laser?

On another note, Should I make a little thread about combat situations and statistics?
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #518747

Energy is tasers+disablers
Lasers is lasers
Reyn

Post by Reyn » #518762

Should I report suspicious admin logs in the statbus to admincomplaints or staff, or just keep it to myself?
Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #518779

Reyn wrote:Should I report suspicious admin logs in the statbus to admincomplaints or staff, or just keep it to myself?
That's a pretty loaded question. Is it improper admin behavior, or is it improper logging e.g. bugged text?
Deepwoods

Post by Deepwoods » #520886

Does fungal TB affect people with cybernetic lungs?
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #520914

Deepwoods wrote:Does fungal TB affect people with cybernetic lungs?
Yeah, cybernetics doesn't have any resilience to chems or viruses as far as I know
Deepwoods

Post by Deepwoods » #520916

Anonmare wrote:
Yeah, cybernetics doesn't have any resilience to chems or viruses as far as I know
I'm not doubting you can still become a carrier of the fungal infection, but I'm curious if it will still cause respiratory shutdown or instead will just be a minor inconvenience aside from making you a typhoid mary. I may have to experiment if I ever end up in the position to. I'd probably be lynched for spending the research points, though. Maybe not during ops proper, though.
Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #520920

Deepwoods wrote:
Anonmare wrote:
I'm not doubting you can still become a carrier of the fungal infection, but I'm curious if it will still cause respiratory shutdown or instead will just be a minor inconvenience aside from making you a typhoid mary. I may have to experiment if I ever end up in the position to. I'd probably be lynched for spending the research points, though. Maybe not during ops proper, though.
It's hardcoded so it basically just kills you with huge oxyloss damage, but you do need to have the lungs organ subtype to contract it. I believe even mechanical lungs count for this. It doesn't do organ damage or anything like that, since the code is pretty much original from the goon leak.

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/ ... culosis.dm
Deepwoods

Post by Deepwoods » #522281

Is it possible to wire machines in a room to use a power cell for limited use in the event of an outage.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #522304

Deepwoods wrote:Is it possible to wire machines in a room to use a power cell for limited use in the event of an outage.
Yes, you have to simply replace the battery in the APC of the room. If there is a powersink isolating the room from the powernet by snipping the wires leading out of the room will prevent the battery from being drained.

If there is no APC in the room, simply define it as a room and build an APC for it.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #527941

can i wire apc to grid by using a non-default cable layer
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #531257

Flatulent wrote:can i wire apc to grid by using a non-default cable layer
I don't believe so? I know you can't define layer when placing the interface under the floor tiles, but I'm not certain about from there.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #554342

I am a clown traitor. What do I put in my banana cream pie?
Bring back papercult.

terranaut

Post by terranaut » #554353

stabilized phlogiston and nitrous oxide preheated to 574k
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #555244

What role to i need to enable in order to get a chance at Sentient Disease? I have Midround antag enabled, but never got the popup when the event triggers. Does spawning as an Observer deny you the chance?
Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #555337

try enabling every role, if that doesn't work either then it's a problem on your end
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #555625

After screwing around on a private server, it seems like Sentient Disease requires Xenomorph enabled in your preferences. Probably midround antag too.