factoryman942
Byond Username: Factoryman942

DMCA Station 13 -- NOT CM I PROMISE

Post by factoryman942 » #430117

byond://dmca.game.tgstation13.org:4337

It's up-to-date CM as of about 2 days ago

the git is here
https://github.com/ColonialMarines-Mirr ... rines-2018

Unfortunately, the core timer is broken so basically nothing works yet, but that should hopefully get dealt with at a reasonable place

also, from a CM co-host:

It has now reached a point where I am just very tired, so I have a few things to announce. The first thing I will announce is what I will do should this harassing behavior continue. First off, if he does run his own CM, the first thing I will do is send a DMCA. Then I'll be contacting the Fox attorney who we are on good terms with and inform him of this new server that is not attempting to comply. Then, the second he makes a code change to the server, I will send a cease and desist as modifying the code is in direct violation of our licensing laws.
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Re: DMCA Station 13 -- NOT CM I PROMISE

Post by leibniz » #430124

what a timeline
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #430133

Can I get "previously on CM" recap?
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #430134

Lumbermancer wrote:Can I get "previously on CM" recap?
this, please
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #430138

Lumbermancer wrote:Can I get "previously on CM" recap?
DemonFiren wrote: this, please

Feweh got booted due to sexual harassment and fucking around on multiple accounts on digg. Banned from digg. Kicked from CM

Feweh Supporter got hands on code

CM Admin threatens lawsuit due to them having a agreement with fox /acts really stupid because they are sick of Fewehs shit.

Feweh Supporter released code into wild encourages TG to troll CM

TG trolls CM on discord and on server.

Thats my summary take on it. I could go more into detail but frankly we have enough drama on this station. No need for us to get shit from others.
factoryman942

Post by factoryman942 » #430139

also when MSO got the code, he put it on git and put it on a server
CM has some sort of talky with Fox, since Fox's lawyer contacted them recently to make them change name/url (which is why they're cm-ss13 now, instead of colonial-marines. They also removed some names from ingame i think)
so one of CM's hosts is threatening to tell Fox on MSO
but MSO doesn't care
starmute

Post by starmute » #430140

factoryman942 wrote:also when MSO got the code, he put it on git and put it on a server
CM has some sort of talky with Fox, since Fox's lawyer contacted them recently to make them change name/url (which is why they're cm-ss13 now, instead of colonial-marines. They also removed some names from ingame i think)
so one of CM's hosts is threatening to tell Fox on MSO
but MSO doesn't care
It was before MSO got the code.
factoryman942

Post by factoryman942 » #430141

well, i know nothing clearly
starmute

Post by starmute » #430144

factoryman942 wrote:well, i know nothing clearly

[youtube]LNe4Plg-uOc[/youtube]

considering this is the second time that the code has been stolen in the past week .... yeah its pretty safe to say that the announcement has been in the works for some time.

To be fair Feweh DID NOT give the code to MSO as far as I know. It might not even be connected. Considering how the CM moderation sees it, it might be however. Regardless someone leaked the code and it is believed to be someone who is friends with Feweh in some sort of retaliation against the CM developers/admins.

If you aren't familiar with the drama here's a pretty neutral point of view

https://www.digg.com/r/SS13/comments/ ... important/

He actually addresses what went on in the aforementioned podcast and says he was set up. I don't think thats possible but then again I've been proven wrong before. Make up your own mind on that one.
Last edited by starmute on Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #430146

that sounds like some a-grade delicious drama

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
starmute

Post by starmute » #430149

DemonFiren wrote:that sounds like some a-grade delicious drama
:popcorn: As long as you aren't involved enjoy the popcorn . :popcorn:

Here's my take on the situation

Truthfully I'm not very keen on being a tool of someone else's vengeance if this is. I don't like that MSO went around what the other developers at CM wanted to do with their code (keep it in house), because I would like it if someone respected my wishes if that happened to me. Kinda a "golden rule" type of approach. Be nice to others and don't be a dick.

That being said the genie is out of the bottle and tg has picked what it wants to do.

Anyways that's my opinion on it. I'm sure someone has a good counterpoint.

Also if we are back to ripping people off can we go back to metroids?
Fonedsky
Byond Username: FonedSky

Post by Fonedsky » #430154

starmute wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:
big quote
Though I admire your psychological standpoint, this was pretty much inevitable. If /tg/ didn't do it, someone else. Hell, people are wanking the shit out of Corporate Mercenary right now, which popped up after the 2015 leak. It happened then and will happen now. People have always wanted this codebase, almost as much as people wanted Goon's and want Lifeweb's now, and while Goon's was pretty much impenetrable due to the way their licensing was done, CM's is not. A mean-spirited joke is much better, at least for now, than a million clone servers.
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #430156

starmute wrote:

Truthfully I'm not very keen on being a tool of someone else's vengeance if this is. I don't like that MSO went around what the other developers at CM wanted to do with their code (keep it in house), because I would like it if someone respected my wishes if that happened to me. Kinda a "golden rule" type of approach. Be nice to others and don't be a dick.

That being said the genie is out of the bottle and tg has picked what it wants to do.

The whole "respect their wishes" angle is questionable when they took open source code and their codebase was only closed source because of a loophole in the licence.
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #430162

Nobody directly gave MSO the code, he got it from the leak same as everyone else. He's just savvy enough on how the license works to know that CM has no ground to stand on for DMCA and cease and desist bullshit when the very core of their code violates the liscense agreement it came from.

Their continues insisted on being close source is dumb and only serves to stroke their egos and let them keep being special snowflakes as long as the community can't get it anywhere else.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
Qustinnus
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #430165

starmute wrote: I don't like that MSO went around what the other developers at CM wanted to do with their code (keep it in house), because I would like it if someone respected my wishes if that happened to me. Kinda a "golden rule" type of approach. Be nice to others and don't be a dick.

?
The irony in that situation is that CM used a loophole to make the code closed source to begin with, which means they didn't respect the wishes of the original coders. That's kinda why people are a bit saltinated with servers like CM at times.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #430172

Davidchan wrote:Nobody directly gave MSO the code, he got it from the leak same as everyone else. He's just savvy enough on how the license works to know that CM has no ground to stand on for DMCA and cease and desist bullshit when the very core of their code violates the liscense agreement it came from.
Its fucking hilarious to see them crack the shits about this. Threatening to invoke obscure foreign laws and go to Fox is amazingly petty when they were in the wrong from the start and going against the spirit of the license.

First Fallout 13, Now CM.

Lifeweb soon?
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #430178

The aspect of this you're all missing is the sprites are not virally licensed and I have no idea what license CM's sprites could potentially even be under.

Anyone running a copy of this is opening themselves up to valid complaints IMO.
callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #430180

brb porting /tg/station sprites over to CM.

But seriously this is a pretty major issue.

Spoiler:

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
>trucking

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
starmute

Post by starmute » #430191

Fonedsky wrote: If /tg/ didn't do it, someone else (would).

I never liked that kind of thinking. TG (supposedly) operates on the consensus that we act professional and maintain rules within our server. Acting immorally makes you lose legitimacy when confronting a player or admin on fuck ups.
oranges wrote:The aspect of this you're all missing is the sprites are not virally licensed and I have no idea what license CM's sprites could potentially even be under.

Anyone running a copy of this is opening themselves up to valid complaints IMO.

I'd be a little more concerned that the first thing he did was change the license to use all the properties of the Aliens franchise ect ect. I honestly doubt that anything will come of this however. Then again GW sued over this game, which was little more than text based.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Chapter_Master_(game)
(edit ffs it won't recognize the ")", just put it at the end when you click on it)

Lawsuit wise : it depends on how trigger happy the litigation team is. Most just don't give a fuck enough.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #430194

Fox is being absorbed by Disney and Disney doesn't let anything go
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #430195

starmute wrote:

Oh for god's sake shut your fucking dick holster.

CM has been operating dirty using a loophole in license to use work previously made by others and making use of this, then turning tail and closing their code so they could keep their little autism cage secret.

They're not saints nor good so pretending otherwise in order to have some sort of "guys i'm neutral on this" when you probably didn't even have a hand on any of this is fucking stupid
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
starmute

Post by starmute » #430198

D&B wrote:
Oh for god's sake shut your fucking dick holster.

CM has been operating dirty using a loophole in license to use work previously made by others and making use of this, then turning tail and closing their code so they could keep their little autism cage secret.

They're not saints nor good so pretending otherwise in order to have some sort of "guys i'm neutral on this" when you probably didn't even have a hand on any of this is fucking stupid

They aren't saints but stealing is never right (in my opinion).

It doesn't hurt anyone to make a project closed source. SS13 started as closed source. I don't see what they were doing that was so wrong that merits why we were so uncivil to them.

If you somehow read into this wrong Repukan: I don't have any hand in ANY of this and have never said otherwise. I'm not involved. I'm just commenting on what we did, how it happened and how I perceive it as a spectator.

Anyways I'm going to play some SS13. I personally feel that both communities have contributed a good deal to ss13 and I don't like them being upset at each other but... what can ya do right? Drama happens.
Last edited by starmute on Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:34 pm, edited 10 times in total.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #430202

We ani't stealing, we're just making a copy.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #430205

MSO is very passionate about proper use of the licensing, and I feel pretty confident that he is running this server as a fuck you to CM for violating the terms running their closed source project using code that is under AGPL or some shit, which means their DMCA claims have no validity. Its all gibberish to me but MSO is principled if nothing else and CM is pretty fun so expect this server to stick around until Disney sends a deathsquad to his house
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Qbmax32
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #430209

Eagerly awaiting micky mouse death team to purge all of us
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 am Qbmax32 is quite literally one of the dumbest individuals I have ever had the misfortune of coming into contact with. He has zero redeemable traits, and honestly I have to suppress my gag reflex every time he shows up in a conversation.
Malkraz wrote:YES
DRINK THE PISS QB
angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard
imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING
deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.
datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.
Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit
Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)
Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores
Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate
BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.
feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing
Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.
Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.
Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread
imsxz wrote:nervore
FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me
Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....
Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead
CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs
Anuv
Byond Username: Anuv

Post by Anuv » #430221

Just change all the sprites to various Vorestation entities (Naga for queen, vulpakin drones, etc.)
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #430228

Anuv wrote:Just change all the sprites to various Vorestation entities (Naga for queen, vulpakin drones, etc.)
can't you play as the ayys on CM?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #430394

Actually Using the Giant Armoured Serpentids as a NOTANAILEN^TM is not such a bad idea.

INCOMING CLASIFIED MEMO:
SUBJ: Xenobiology analysis.
TO: On ship Representative

The Giant Armoured Serpentid is a multi-stage euasocial life form with a rapid parasitic reproductive cycle. Their chitinous hide is partially formed of long organically carbon nano-tubes. They produce a bio-plasma chemically matching to out thruster fuel. They act like wasps, forming hives out of biological secretions. Their skill, ingenuity, and creativity in this task as well as the rapid adaption of building methods to tactics observed by other members suggests intelligence and communication abilitys on par with great apes.

A research facility handling these creatures has gone dark. Based on threat analysis this was almost certainly an escape by one or more specimens. You have been assigned a company of marines to clear the facility and secure any remaining research documents and bio samples.

Due to the illegal nature of holding sentient life forms against their will without cause the marines command structure HAS NOT BEEN AND SHOULD NOT BE INFORMED about our suspicions.

Do not directly handle any recovered material, their blood is a strong oxidizer and will corrode or devolve most non-adapted material in minutes

DO NOT ATTEMPT LIVE CAPTURE.
oranges wrote:It's my game, not yours
Never forget the corruption of these halls

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I actually care.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omar Beail says, "You guys should fuck for my entertainment"
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: KorPhaeron: Admins aren't allowed to have friends

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Q: Where are the cat boys?
A: I don’t follow.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #430419

Why not use spiders
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #430468

Why does it have to always be aliens. We have numerous ss13 antag a that have late game modes that would be fun to watch or play as muhreens storming their base. A blood cult with runes and constructs everywhere, a clock cult doing what they do in their temples, spiders or paradises terror spiders infesting a planet, a syndicate base, changlings, ligger or Catgirl resistance cells, rogue AI with armies of Borgs and Mecha.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #430469

Spiders are cool.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Iatots
Byond Username: Iatots
Github Username: Iatots

Post by Iatots » #430516

I was under the impression that trying to stay closed source was tolerable, and that what pushed people over the edge was CM's code stealing.
obscolene
Byond Username: Obscolene

Post by obscolene » #430536

>take open source code
>add a bunch of copyrighted assets to it
>make it closed source under bad faith
>someone leaks the code
>"guys wtf don't steal our code!!! can i talk to the manager?? cease and desist!!"
[center]sc#4622 | everybodygangstauntilnig.ga (UPDATED FREQUENTLY)[/center]
[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
[03:47:33]SAY: Steve Leaf/The Dreamweaver : OH FUCK IM CHOAKING (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #430537

The server will return after the charity event to avoid stealing focus from that.

This will allow us to also fix some of the bugs.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #430543

hehe...bugs...
starmute

Post by starmute » #430613

obscolene wrote:>take open source code
>add a bunch of copyrighted assets to it
>make it closed source under bad faith
>someone leaks the code
>"guys wtf don't steal our code!!! can i talk to the manager?? cease and desist!!"
What CM did was rather stupid. However I still don't like the fact that we took something that they didn't want us to take, that's immoral.

Legally I'm pretty sure the whole thing is a legal grey area however and we were "within our rights" to do whatever tg liked. That being said if we are going "all in" with copyright sprites stuff bring back metroids.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #430618

you are going to get more DMCA's lol, why would you try to build a server on such shaky legal grounds
starmute

Post by starmute » #430632

oranges wrote:you are going to get more DMCA's lol, why would you try to build a server on such shaky legal grounds also I am a kiwi made of 100 sheep
But metroids.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #430660

metroids got us a C&D letter from nintendo, with which we complied, they are not coming back
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #430713

lmao what

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Fonedsky
Byond Username: FonedSky

Post by Fonedsky » #431155

I'm amazed that this game is somehow successful enough to not fall under the radar completely from the likes of Fox and Nintendo
callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #431175

oranges wrote:metroids got us a C&D letter from nintendo, with which we complied, they are not coming back
Bring back Roro's then.

Spoiler:

>trucking

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:

Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #431312

Fonedsky wrote:I'm amazed that this game is somehow successful enough to not fall under the radar completely from the likes of Fox and Nintendo
Success really isn't a factor. It got reported or turned up in a google search by someone in their legal dept and so they went after it because if they don't protect their trademarks it can shift into the public domain. If anything they prefer small fries to crop up every once and a while over someone with the capital to try and hit back with a fair use or somehow prove their iteration is unique enough in court.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #431314

yeah, davidchan gets it.
if these companies don't protect their trademarks, they can actually become public use.
I play Boris Pepper.
Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #431347

Didn't we have to change the hierophant sprite because of copyright stuff?
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle