Idea (Copyright HIPPIESTATION): The Space Station 13 Olympic Games

General SS13 Chat
Toronto88
Byond Username: Booboobug

Idea (Copyright HIPPIESTATION): The Space Station 13 Olympic Games

Post by Toronto88 » #433266

Posting this here because it involves collaboration between the serfvers, it will bring us all together as FRIENDS and RIVALS. I tried posting this twice, on two different accounts, on the noted r/ss13 subreddit but each time it just turned my post to "[removed]"

TO whoever runs this subreddit: I dont know what your problem is buddy, but it's time for you to eat shit and die. Never before in my life have I been so brazenly mistreated. I did nothing to you. I went above and beyond, FOR YOU, I should be starting off with a net positive balance in your book and instead you just spat in my face. Elephants never forget.

u/MexicanRadioStallion
Cake day
August 16, 2018
New post
Trophy Case (1)
[New User]
New User

Hello formerly disgraced head administrator Spankmaster here. I was thinking today about the event /tg/ hosted where servers competed in a toolbox deathmatch. Hippie put our team together in 10 minutes and ended up losing (not really a valid loss, anyone in their right mind would say it does not even count as a loss. Really it invalidates the entire event and we should rehost it as we did not lose), but that isn't a big deal. It's alright. We aren't really mad about it, it's just a game haha just because we have some moron douchebags on our server who volunteer to compete in the GAME OF THE YEAR and don't come out on top at all, embarassing us all and bringing shame onto the entire server, it is still just a game you know man like you win some you lose some. It's all about being a good sport and so it's not like anyone is holding it against those shithead idiot losers for what they did.

But that got me thinking about a cool idea we could use to further the competitive spirit of the toolbox tourney. This would be a way of fostering interserver unity and bringing people from different parts of the community together.

SPACE STATION 13 OLYMPICS

We code a custom map with a variety of different games to be played, perhaps host it on a special event server, and each server sends their best lads to compete in the games, hopefully bringing home a gold or silver medal. Maybe I will buy a cheap domain like "SS13Olympics.xxx" and we can host results and hall of fame there.

There are a variety of entertaining sports/challenges we could add into this:

COMBAT:
    • Hand to Hand

Toolbox DeathMatch

One on One

Team Fight

Gunplay Competition

And much more..
SPORT:

Basketball (literally already in the game)
Street Basketball (violence allowed)

We could quite easily code games like:
Soccer (it's called that)

Hockey (make the floor slippery and they need to hit puck around)

Boxing

Baseball

Cycling BMX

Fencing

Golf (would be interesting to add golf to game..)

Bobsleigh (two men enter a little vehicle and have to drive it down a frozen path that is filled with danger like lava pits etc, whoever makes it to the end first wins)

CHALLENGE:

Here we could make all kinds of interesting obstacle courses/mazes/etc and have the competitors try to complete them alive and as fast as possible. The possibilities are endless. The main issue would be people memorizing the course layout, but I suppose if everyone has access to this information beforehand then it becomes part of the challenge.

Another cool one would be to create an arena where the crew spawns with a variety of weapons thrown all over the ground. They will then face progressively more difficult waves of mobs until they all die. Whichever servers' team makes it the farthest wins.

The games would be held annually or biannually, servers would assemble their teams and submit the list of contestants a few weeks prior. They could have back up competitors in case someone is unable to make it on the date of the game.

What do you guys think? This idea could definitely be fleshed out more it is in its very nature a collaborative team-building effort!

With Love and Honesty,
:pigman:
aradsten
Byond Username: Aradsten

Re: Idea (Copyright HIPPIESTATION): The Space Station 13 Olympic Games

Post by aradsten » #433269

Exept for different servers having different combat mechanics it sounds like a good idea.

Maybe just make it a tg thing?
Toronto88

Post by Toronto88 » #433270

aradsten wrote:Exept for different servers having different combat mechanics it sounds like a good idea.

Maybe just make it a tg thing?
You mean use /tg/code as basis for the combat? Yea that would be fair, or we could maybe code a custom one but I don't see what changes would be made. The major thing is how much RNG factors in and knock downs

I guess I am shadowbanned or something from that terrible subreddit, but my friend blute has posted a thread for me:

https://www.digg.com/r/SS13/comments/ ... ation_the/

So we can discuss this idea there too.

the sky is the limit as far as what kinds of challenges/games we'd use because they would not only need to be tailored to SS13 environment, but they could fit into the world of SS13 which as you all know is very varied and wacky. We could make trampoline floors that force you to jump constantly and shoot all over the place and then play basketball with it.

We could play dodgeball with land mines!
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #433282

>space station 13 olympics
spatial olympics, more like
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Toronto88

Post by Toronto88 » #433287

DemonFiren wrote:>space station 13 olympics
spatial olympics, more like
that's great dude, the Spatial Olympics. We'll def call it that.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #433291

the toolbox event was a ton of overhead and effort required

would be interesting, just know it would be a lot of commitment to do something similar.
Toronto88

Post by Toronto88 » #433293

CitrusGender wrote:the toolbox event was a ton of overhead and effort required

would be interesting, just know it would be a lot of commitment to do something similar.
We could also do it as a charity drive like the toolbox thing.

We'd need:
Host for Server
Teams/contestants ready to go
Admins on server to run events/be referees
commentators like you guys had
audience area or let them observe as ghosts

what am I missing?
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #433295

This was my checklist for the toolbox event, so yeah: that's about right.
Toronto88

Post by Toronto88 » #433296

well we have the first part already:

THE SPATIAL OLYMPICS
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #433302

ok, this is epic. oh yeah we already have boxing we can add that, we also have the speedwagon car so it wont be hard to make a race track, also i had an idea for a sport called Singularity Hugging

two very low-level one-tile singularities are placed, the contestants have to run around in rings around the singularity without being gibbed, the person who runs the most rings wins

edit: also the rings have to be exactly around the singularity tile
asskek
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Asskek

Post by asskek » #433312

spriting team uniforms
be done in two days
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #433334

bro i would stomp a basketball match
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Toronto88

Post by Toronto88 » #433344

PKPenguin321 wrote:bro i would stomp a basketball match
Right? It'd be fun as hell no one has ever used the basketball courts to hold an actual game.

We could code a 3 pointer line and stuff like that and automatic scoreboards. scoreboard checks if player who scored has a jersey, threw into right hoop, and is on the right team. if so increment score based on modifiers like if it's 3 pointer or not. maybe add something where if you foul someone enough, the floor opens up underneath you and drops you into a meatspike pit. you don't die right away and can yell out and talk during the match, offering words of encouragement to your team or tripping up the enemy by yelling "MISS IT!!!" as you slowly bleed out underneath the floors of the court