Good Bye /t/g/

General SS13 Chat
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Good Bye /t/g/

Post by oranges » #433314

Hello friends. As some of you may have noticed, I have been permabanned by a anime admin

Now, you may be thinking that I am writing in the wrong spot for a ban appeal, but that's the thing: I'm gladly not appealing this ban.
Shocking? For you, maybe. probably not. For me, I've seen this coming for a while. Reason being is that in my opinion, /tg/ is slowly dying for a multitude of reasons.
Although I am admittedly sour about being banned for no decent reason by a hideous underage looking child with huge eyes abomination, I do care for the server to some degree. Especially knowing that some decent staff and players do remain, like Mrstonedone and my waifu geoff_the_gay_robot_skeleton

So I suppose I'll go ahead and list every little cancer cell that is slowly killing /tg/, as I think it is a valuable bastion against the autism and shitty playerbases and code found in other servers that is slowly being lost to shitlers.
Without further ado, I present to you:
Why /tg/ is becoming fucking awful Electric Boogaloo:

1. Is this Call of Duty or SS13?- It is literally impossible to have a decent session of roleplay on either server, especially Sybil. Now, you may be thinking "b-b-but oranges how does dis relate 2 COD you stupide faget". Well I'll fucking tell you. COD is basically an objective-driven run-and-gun that was originally built for teamwork and tactical decision making, though it has become a shitshow of who can get the most kills/objectives, who is the most elite xxxMLGxxx, blah blah look at my gunz fuckfest. Think about it: the amount of powergaming, validhunting, objective-driven fuck-your-enemy-over-at-all-costs garbage present on /tg/ has only grown and grown. Even on Basil, which is considered a refuge of RP among the two servers is effected, they are just better at playing the long game and stocking up on laser guns. Basil is a bunch of wolves patiently stalking prey, Sybil is a school of bloodthirsty piranhas striking as soon as possible. This cancerous growth of "only I can win, fuck all of you" mentality has effectively destroyed any opportunity for roleplay, as everyone is too busy making stunprods and cablecuffs to fuck over their co-workers at the first sign of trouble. No one interacts purposefully anymore. It's a shitfest, and if you aren't a flaming shit-smeared autist you will agree. Security especially has become a nest of powergamers who enjoy fucking with people. ALSO: Why in the FUCK is there a space law penalty for murder AND a cloning machine if murder under seemingly any circumstances (if you are not valid) results in a fast and fiery ban? The permabrig exists for a reason, and I'm sure anyone worth their salt can stand being murdered if they were behaving awfully and get cloned, with out being... well, salty. Murder happens in real life, and there are valid and effective solutions in game to punish murderers and recover those murdered. I'm not saying that killing anyone and everyone should be allowed, but if a player is being garbage and breaking in all over and trying to steal important shit, I don't see a reason why other crew members can't kill others who are just causing shit repeatedly. Just a thought. And the strictness on inane rules leads me to my following point...

2. Holier Than Thou, plebs!- The long-term health of any server is based primarily around the quality of the staff. Not only that, but the attitude of the staff members rubs off on the playerbase. I have found that many of the staff members are caustic, cynical, and patronizing to the point that any offense is frequently met with a "What the fuck are you doing you fucking retard here's a ban, don't even try explaining" or "Guilty until proven innocent" response. I've been banned before for decent reasons, however I can't count the number of times that I've skirted or actually been given a ban for completely garbage reasons. It seems as though some staff have this attitude where rather than taking care of something they care about, they have been FORCED into monitoring people who they just think of as troublemaking retards, rather than humans prone to mistakes. Not only that, but I don't really think that the admins acknowledge the fact that they can make mistakes themselves. I'd like to drop a few names of the worst offenders in my opinion. CitrusGender, Ari, Alexch2, Alphonzo. Basically anyone who does the "*bwoink* Hey, got a minute" meme, for the most part (some exceptions). So cut the shit. You're no better than anyone else in this shitty game. You spend hours hunched in front of a monitor just like us, the only difference is you can make people not play a 2d spess game. You have to understand that you have a direct impact on the attitude and mood of the server. And the "WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, INCORRECT, FUCK YOU CRIMINAL SCUM" attitude is just awful- Sometimes, people make stupid choices and put someone into crit in the heat of the moment. Sometimes, people get angry after being harassed by the same person for a few rounds and strike back. People are prone to human emotion, and that yields mistakes. You have to understand this and respond appropriately- cutting everything off at the head is NOT the way to go. The permabans should really be reserved for the pure garbage: the 10-connection, 10-note 3-ban people who show up only to grief. The people who go straight from the arrival shuttle to welderbomb. The people who GO OUT OF THEIR WAY to shit everything up. I like to think I play the game well. Sure, I fuck up now and then and make mistakes. I certainly have made some larger mistakes. But it's not like I don't have good moments as well. I'm not a net loss to the server. The people who fuck up, show remorse, and actually do put in effort to being good most rounds are just as good as those with clean record. We're all human. (except for liggers, fuck liggers)

3. What do you meme? - Don't get me wrong here- It's important to have fun. And I don't think that there are many games that promote senseless, absurd, hilarious fun as well as SS13. But it gets to a certain point where people take the memeing too far. People act like complete autists for no good reason. I myself have been guilty of this on some occasions- I admit that much. But I think that where others surpass me is the fact that they take it to a level where it heavily effects the round of many people- lubing floors all over, disarming people to take their things, metagrudging, making people retarded, turning them into random people, spacing IDs, breaking consoles for giggles, all of this stupid, spiteful garbage. People just don't take ANYTHING seriously. No one honestly tries to make anyone else's round better. People harbor so much resentment that it carries over to other rounds. The beauty of a round based system is that everything goes back to the way it was- both the station and the crew. There's always another round to play. It's only a game, why do you have to be mad? Not only are the crew taking the memes too far, but I have found that the quality of the game itself has decreased over time as it becomes more and more of a big joke. More and more gimmicks, more and more shitty and grief-enabling features that in SOME reality might be used by an antag but more often than not are just used by some fuckwit to mess with people (read: freon). There comes a point where people need to grow up a bit, slow down, behave themselves. It's really not that hard if you try.

Summary: The shit sandwich. Yeah, as you can see (and hopefully I have you in agreement/convinced you) there are some deeply rooted problems in /tg/. The issues extend into all three branches of the game: playerbase, staff, and content. BUT: The silver lining is that with such a small community, change is easy. So be the change that you want to see, and really should be. Perform and behave at a higher level, and maybe this adorably shitty game might just turn into an adorably mediocre game. The community is what makes the game great, and I see the community slowly growing stale, fragile, and necrotic. So please, PLEASE don't let this get any worse than it is. The way I see it, /tg/ is dying. Whether you agree or not, it's not what it used to be. There is work to be done, and even if I am not around to contribute to the betterment of /tg/, I still hope it happens. I have had a great time playing with you guys, and at the core, it's a great server with good people. You just need to reach that core and bring it back.

Good luck, /tg/. And thanks for the good times.

Bonus bonus: The wanted list.
lizards
cat players
Most people who play security, or anyone who plans on playing security.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Re: Good Bye /t/g/

Post by CitrusGender » #433315

oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #433323

reported
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #433333

good riddance shoulda merged all my PRs oranges or should i say orangays
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
RobustAndRun
Byond Username: RobustAndRun

Post by RobustAndRun » #433339

Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #433363

Get back in the hut Oranges
Atticat
Byond Username: Atticat

Post by Atticat » #433452

So long, spaceman. TG moves one step closer to the edge.

Bae says, "IM starting to think Zeela is just an meme character that the admins have come up with to only piss everybody off"
fosstar
Byond Username: Fosstar

Post by fosstar » #433458

this isn't the hut
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #433829

so what did you get banned for
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #433848

About god damn time juice man.

We have been waiting a long time for the day of the juicer.

It is only appropriate that it is hempfest today.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #433849

The pill got crushed but the fruit hasn't been juiced

This is not fair

GIVE ME A FAIR HUT APPEAL
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #433897

Atticat wrote:So long, spaceman. TG moves one step closer to the edge.
step by step we climb out of the abyss
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #433905

Fuck I had to read it until Freon to understand it was a copypasta, thanks a lot
Godzillan
Byond Username: Godzillan

Post by Godzillan » #433918

is this a video game or a test of patience
[youtube]c4TvNTn8WFM[/youtube]
I joined security just to kill f*rries.
obscolene
Byond Username: Obscolene

Post by obscolene » #433934

oranges wrote:Even on Basil, which is considered a refuge of RP among the two servers
i like how you can tell this is an old pasta just by this line alone
[center]sc#4622 | everybodygangstauntilnig.ga (UPDATED FREQUENTLY)[/center]
[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
[03:47:33]SAY: Steve Leaf/The Dreamweaver : OH FUCK IM CHOAKING (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
segundoblz
Byond Username: Segundoblz

Post by segundoblz » #434004

Even if it's copypasta. OP is not wrong at all. Two years later and here we are, same problems, different time.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #434011

yeah I forgot to flip sybil and basil
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #434218

But... Why though?
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Snuffleupagus

Post by Snuffleupagus » #434532

oranges wrote:Hello friends. As some of you may have noticed, I have been permabanned by a anime admin

Now, you may be thinking that I am writing in the wrong spot for a ban appeal, but that's the thing: I'm gladly not appealing this ban.
Shocking? For you, maybe. probably not. For me, I've seen this coming for a while. Reason being is that in my opinion, /tg/ is slowly dying for a multitude of reasons.
Although I am admittedly sour about being banned for no decent reason by a hideous underage looking child with huge eyes abomination, I do care for the server to some degree. Especially knowing that some decent staff and players do remain, like Mrstonedone and my waifu geoff_the_gay_robot_skeleton

So I suppose I'll go ahead and list every little cancer cell that is slowly killing /tg/, as I think it is a valuable bastion against the autism and shitty playerbases and code found in other servers that is slowly being lost to shitlers.
Without further ado, I present to you:
Why /tg/ is becoming fucking awful Electric Boogaloo:

1. Is this Call of Duty or SS13?- It is literally impossible to have a decent session of roleplay on either server, especially Sybil. Now, you may be thinking "b-b-but oranges how does dis relate 2 COD you stupide faget". Well I'll fucking tell you. COD is basically an objective-driven run-and-gun that was originally built for teamwork and tactical decision making, though it has become a shitshow of who can get the most kills/objectives, who is the most elite xxxMLGxxx, blah blah look at my gunz fuckfest. Think about it: the amount of powergaming, validhunting, objective-driven fuck-your-enemy-over-at-all-costs garbage present on /tg/ has only grown and grown. Even on Basil, which is considered a refuge of RP among the two servers is effected, they are just better at playing the long game and stocking up on laser guns. Basil is a bunch of wolves patiently stalking prey, Sybil is a school of bloodthirsty piranhas striking as soon as possible. This cancerous growth of "only I can win, fuck all of you" mentality has effectively destroyed any opportunity for roleplay, as everyone is too busy making stunprods and cablecuffs to fuck over their co-workers at the first sign of trouble. No one interacts purposefully anymore. It's a shitfest, and if you aren't a flaming shit-smeared autist you will agree. Security especially has become a nest of powergamers who enjoy fucking with people. ALSO: Why in the FUCK is there a space law penalty for murder AND a cloning machine if murder under seemingly any circumstances (if you are not valid) results in a fast and fiery ban? The permabrig exists for a reason, and I'm sure anyone worth their salt can stand being murdered if they were behaving awfully and get cloned, with out being... well, salty. Murder happens in real life, and there are valid and effective solutions in game to punish murderers and recover those murdered. I'm not saying that killing anyone and everyone should be allowed, but if a player is being garbage and breaking in all over and trying to steal important shit, I don't see a reason why other crew members can't kill others who are just causing shit repeatedly. Just a thought. And the strictness on inane rules leads me to my following point...

2. Holier Than Thou, plebs!- The long-term health of any server is based primarily around the quality of the staff. Not only that, but the attitude of the staff members rubs off on the playerbase. I have found that many of the staff members are caustic, cynical, and patronizing to the point that any offense is frequently met with a "What the fuck are you doing you fucking retard here's a ban, don't even try explaining" or "Guilty until proven innocent" response. I've been banned before for decent reasons, however I can't count the number of times that I've skirted or actually been given a ban for completely garbage reasons. It seems as though some staff have this attitude where rather than taking care of something they care about, they have been FORCED into monitoring people who they just think of as troublemaking retards, rather than humans prone to mistakes. Not only that, but I don't really think that the admins acknowledge the fact that they can make mistakes themselves. I'd like to drop a few names of the worst offenders in my opinion. CitrusGender, Ari, Alexch2, Alphonzo. Basically anyone who does the "*bwoink* Hey, got a minute" meme, for the most part (some exceptions). So cut the shit. You're no better than anyone else in this shitty game. You spend hours hunched in front of a monitor just like us, the only difference is you can make people not play a 2d spess game. You have to understand that you have a direct impact on the attitude and mood of the server. And the "WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, INCORRECT, FUCK YOU CRIMINAL SCUM" attitude is just awful- Sometimes, people make stupid choices and put someone into crit in the heat of the moment. Sometimes, people get angry after being harassed by the same person for a few rounds and strike back. People are prone to human emotion, and that yields mistakes. You have to understand this and respond appropriately- cutting everything off at the head is NOT the way to go. The permabans should really be reserved for the pure garbage: the 10-connection, 10-note 3-ban people who show up only to grief. The people who go straight from the arrival shuttle to welderbomb. The people who GO OUT OF THEIR WAY to shit everything up. I like to think I play the game well. Sure, I fuck up now and then and make mistakes. I certainly have made some larger mistakes. But it's not like I don't have good moments as well. I'm not a net loss to the server. The people who fuck up, show remorse, and actually do put in effort to being good most rounds are just as good as those with clean record. We're all human. (except for liggers, fuck liggers)

3. What do you meme? - Don't get me wrong here- It's important to have fun. And I don't think that there are many games that promote senseless, absurd, hilarious fun as well as SS13. But it gets to a certain point where people take the memeing too far. People act like complete autists for no good reason. I myself have been guilty of this on some occasions- I admit that much. But I think that where others surpass me is the fact that they take it to a level where it heavily effects the round of many people- lubing floors all over, disarming people to take their things, metagrudging, making people retarded, turning them into random people, spacing IDs, breaking consoles for giggles, all of this stupid, spiteful garbage. People just don't take ANYTHING seriously. No one honestly tries to make anyone else's round better. People harbor so much resentment that it carries over to other rounds. The beauty of a round based system is that everything goes back to the way it was- both the station and the crew. There's always another round to play. It's only a game, why do you have to be mad? Not only are the crew taking the memes too far, but I have found that the quality of the game itself has decreased over time as it becomes more and more of a big joke. More and more gimmicks, more and more shitty and grief-enabling features that in SOME reality might be used by an antag but more often than not are just used by some fuckwit to mess with people (read: freon). There comes a point where people need to grow up a bit, slow down, behave themselves. It's really not that hard if you try.

Summary: The shit sandwich. Yeah, as you can see (and hopefully I have you in agreement/convinced you) there are some deeply rooted problems in /tg/. The issues extend into all three branches of the game: playerbase, staff, and content. BUT: The silver lining is that with such a small community, change is easy. So be the change that you want to see, and really should be. Perform and behave at a higher level, and maybe this adorably shitty game might just turn into an adorably mediocre game. The community is what makes the game great, and I see the community slowly growing stale, fragile, and necrotic. So please, PLEASE don't let this get any worse than it is. The way I see it, /tg/ is dying. Whether you agree or not, it's not what it used to be. There is work to be done, and even if I am not around to contribute to the betterment of /tg/, I still hope it happens. I have had a great time playing with you guys, and at the core, it's a great server with good people. You just need to reach that core and bring it back.

Good luck, /tg/. And thanks for the good times.

Bonus bonus: The wanted list.
lizards
cat players
Most people who play security, or anyone who plans on playing security.
10/10 shitpost. For the record I knew it was a shitpost here: 1. Is this Call of Duty or SS13?