>ask admins to say they wont be corrupt >they somehow fuck it up

General SS13 Chat
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

>ask admins to say they wont be corrupt >they somehow fuck it up

Post by iamgoofball » #435576

>make thread asking for accountability in headmins for candidate debate, including an example of a recent case of corruption that occured and had to be whistleblown
>admins shitpost, they aren't deleted
>bad quote of rule 3
>explain how this rule isn't violated
>thread closed by SOMEONE WHO IS NOT ORANGES because "it might go in a bad direction :(" (read: the candidates cant answer without looking bad)
>remake thread, as the closer did not have the authority to do so as per the election rules
>closed again, claims of shit-flinging
>confront in discord
>admin still hasn't replied

Seems like this election is more of a sham than you might think. They're undermining oranges to try to censor questions and prevent ones that would make the admins look bad.

It's not hard to type "I won't be corrupt." Apparently it is for the current candidates to the point they had to get an admin crony to lock it.
Last edited by iamgoofball on Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Re: >ask admins to say they wont be corrupt >they somehow fuck it up

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #435577

you took the screenshots in the worst timing of when we're talking about the shooting at the madden nfl 19 tournament.

that's how you know this thread is starting off in a good way.

also yes that is a real thing and if you find a video of it then it is morbid and disturbing where you can even a laser sight trained on someone. you can hear people crying and screaming. don't watch it if the idea of that makes you uncomfortable.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #435578

Ayy Lemoh wrote:you took the screenshots in the worst timing of when we're talking about the shooting at the madden nfl 19 tournament.

also yes that is a real thing and if you find a video of it then it is morbid and disturbing where you can even a laser sight trained on someone. you can hear people crying and screaming. don't watch it if the idea of that makes you uncomfortable.
I didn't want to cherry pick like the admins who used cherry picked discord quotes to harass and slander me for a week, so I made sure to grab the statements and replies in the order they were presented.
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #435579

iamgoofball wrote:i am goof.
Fair enough. I'm just saying for clarity so no one is confused on what the fuck is going on.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #435582

Ayy Lemoh wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:i am goof.
Fair enough. I'm just saying for clarity so no one is confused on what the fuck is going on.
No problem, thanks for clarifying that.
Denton
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Post by Denton » #435583

Ayy Lemoh wrote:you took the screenshots in the worst timing of when we're talking about the shooting at the madden nfl 19 tournament.

Yeah, don't watch it. It's extremely unsettling.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #435588

its a crappy softball question that only had one valid response of "I won't be corrupt and I won't tolerate corruption" and your "question" was only tacked on at the end to give you an excuse to soapbox

Which is fine with me but I'd appreciate if you didn't pretend you're interested in the boring answers you'll get
SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #435589

hi laz congratons on your promotion im proud of you
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #435590

Your question was basically: Will you be a corrupt headmin?

You're not gonna get any unique answers if people took the thread seriously.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #435591

Thanks inaba

I think goofball is just asking for apologies and it makes me kind of sad to see him do this roundabout pretend thing
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #435593

BeeSting12 wrote:Your question was basically: Will you be a corrupt headmin?

You're not gonna get any unique answers if people took the thread seriously.
Good to see you didn't read. I asked these questions:
How can you, as a headmin, be trusted to actually research claims for evidence before bringing the hammer down?
How are you going to prevent this severe level of corruption from occuring again?
Will your administration actually handle complaints properly?
You could make an argument for this third one being too easy, but I'll rework it when the thread is re-opened. The other 2 questions though? Perfectly valid. Stop downplaying it.

However, if you're not able to answer "Will you be corrupt" with a resounding no, and take the free publicity, you're not ready for this job.
Lazengann wrote:Thanks inaba

I think goofball is just asking for apologies and it makes me kind of sad to see him do this roundabout pretend thing
Of course I want a fucking apology, the admins drug my name through the mud for a week on the basis of nothing and all I got was a shrug and someone got deadminned for inactivity.

You know what would be more valuable than an apology? The admins stating they won't pull crap like this ever again, and explaining how they'll prevent the corruption from occuring in the first place.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #435594

@Iamgoofball like you said goofball. It is ultimately up to oranges. I did not make a final decision by locking that thread. Only a temporary one until oranges can weigh in.
I locked it because there's a good chance it breaks rule 3, but as I said oranges could disagree. The other part of my reasoning was that the discussion was useless. Just aimless anger and goofball going "you're wrong I'm right." This thread isn't helping convince me that that second point wont happen. If I was wrong to lock the thread oranges can and will step in. Until then just settle down. As I said before I don't mean to be malicious in this.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler: