The Catgirl Vote - Summoning Oranges

General SS13 Chat
afelinidisfinetoo
Byond Username: A felinid is fine too

Re: The Catgirl Vote - Summoning Oranges

Post by afelinidisfinetoo » #453349

Bottom post of the previous page:

PKPenguin321 wrote: My guess to actually answer the question is that ultimately oranges decides what goes in and out of the game, and to him adding a new race requires another to be removed first, so it is a compromise in that sense. I'm aware that realistically they can both exist at the same time but I just don't think oranges would allow it.
the OP that I've asked oranges and friends to answer approx. 30 times now wrote:If this is a congestion issue, why is it that felinids (the most popular nonhuman race) would be removed to make room when you could instead remove, for instance, flypeople?
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #453350

oranges wrote:why, just let people vent their anger and frustrations, it's not harmful and it's better than trying to bottle it up for the sake of what? forced civility?
Wow. This entire thread oranges made themselves distant so they could let people vent.

What a hero
► Show Spoiler
Zarniwoop
Byond Username: Dagum

Post by Zarniwoop » #453351

confused rock wrote:Ughh, fucking maintainers, making decisions about what is right for the game based on past experience instead of based on what some month old guy who doesn't use the forums says in OOC. What do they think they are, controllers of the code?
I dunno what this OOC tangent you're on has to do with this discussion here on the forums. The coders' experience and knowledge should be trusted. Running a funky poll based on what oranges wants while pretending it's about what the community wants isn't a great way to maintain trust. It's becoming less and less about catpeople and more about that the more y'all shitpost in response.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #453353

We haven't even announced what we plan to do yet.
afelinidisfinetoo

Post by afelinidisfinetoo » #453354

oranges wrote:We haven't even announced what we plan to do yet.
You plan to do it based on the results of a poll that you rigged, be it through negligence or purposefully.
Why should anyone be content with it?
And instead of PKP being your whipping boy, could you answer the OP for yourself? Why did you do the poll as you did it?
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #453355

well like they said, a catgirl dunked me one time, so I had to create this vast conspiracy where I waited to become headcoder, manipulated the headadmins into signing off on this poll that I rigged with filters and bribes and then executed the vote according to my will, so that finally, finally, I could have my revenge.
afelinidisfinetoo

Post by afelinidisfinetoo » #453357

oranges wrote:well like they said, a catgirl dunked me one time, so I had to create this vast conspiracy where I waited to become headcoder, manipulated the headadmins into signing off on this poll that I rigged with filters and bribes and then executed the vote according to my will, so that finally, finally, I could have my revenge.
This is what happens every single time someone gives you difficult questions, you try to make a joke out of it to avoid the pressure.
You really are not fit to be the head coder if this is the level of pressure and accountability that makes you shut down.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #453358

afelinidisfinetoo wrote:
You plan to do it based on the results of a poll that you rigged, be it through negligence or purposefully.
And instead of PKP being your whipping boy, could you answer the OP for yourself? Why did you do the poll as you did it?
Use your original account coward
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #453359

that doens't make any sense cosmic, you can let people vent in general, the existence of moderators doesn't preclude that.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #453361

afelinidisfinetoo wrote:
oranges wrote:well like they said, a catgirl dunked me one time, so I had to create this vast conspiracy where I waited to become headcoder, manipulated the headadmins into signing off on this poll that I rigged with filters and bribes and then executed the vote according to my will, so that finally, finally, I could have my revenge.
This is what happens every single time someone gives you difficult questions, you try to make a joke out of it to avoid the pressure.
You really are not fit to be the head coder if this is the level of pressure and accountability that makes you shut down.
I'm actually shaking right now, can you please stop asking such hostile questions? I didn't come to be the head maintainer so I could be yelled at by a bunch of mean people. Stop!
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #453362

if not for filters catgirls would've lost the first vote lmao
maybe people from hippie joined here to vote no to catgirls but I wonder which server has the kind of person to create an alt account and spam OOC on a server they don't play to lie to convince people to vote for catgirls
afelinidisfinetoo

Post by afelinidisfinetoo » #453364

confused rock wrote: maybe people from hippie joined here to vote no to catgirls but I wonder which server has the kind of person to create an alt account and spam OOC on a server they don't play to lie to convince people to vote for catgirls
I play on TG every day, what are you talking about?

Why are oranges & friends unable to answer the questions in the OP and continue to bring it back to me, the concept of an IRV poll (???), etc.?
Just answer the questions if you didn't do anything wrong. Your intentions are becoming obvious by how you evade them.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #453366

I already answered and you said I was trying to make a joke out of it
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #453368

afelinidisfinetoo wrote:
confused rock wrote: maybe people from hippie joined here to vote no to catgirls but I wonder which server has the kind of person to create an alt account and spam OOC on a server they don't play to lie to convince people to vote for catgirls

Why are oranges & friends unable to answer the questions in the OP and continue to bring it back to me, the concept of an IRV poll (???), etc.?
Just answer the questions if you didn't do anything wrong. Your intentions are becoming obvious by how you evade them.
your account is so fucking new and specifically named after felinids. You can't tell me the first thing you did upon discovering ss13 is think "hmmm, I think this server looks good, better look at its politics first. oh, I better sway people's opinions on this matter I know nothing about"
Why can't you just use your real account?
afelinidisfinetoo

Post by afelinidisfinetoo » #453369

oranges wrote:I already answered and you said I was trying to make a joke out of it
You are doubling down now, and that's okay. I understand. You would look ridiculous if you tried to genuinely answer.
afelinidisfinetoo

Post by afelinidisfinetoo » #453370

confused rock wrote:
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:

your account is so fucking new and specifically named after felinids. You can't tell me the first thing you did upon discovering ss13 is think "hmmm, I think this server looks good, better look at its politics first. oh, I better sway people's opinions on this matter I know nothing about"
Why can't you just use your real account?
If you had read my previous posts in this thread you would see that I'm not new to SS13, but I'm also not an alt.
Again: this thread is not about me, and if I was an alt sockpuppet Russian shill made to destabilize TGstation, it would not change the fact that I'm exactly right.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #453371

/tg/station
afelinidisfinetoo

Post by afelinidisfinetoo » #453373

oranges wrote:/tg/station
I've always seen it branded as TGstation because it's no longer associated with the board
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #453374

if he he aint an alt then what's his previous account

actually I don't even care since nothing will change anything at this point, I love to argue with walls but it's kind of pointless when it's over already. tg has plenty of problems outside of catgirls, and the focus on it just distracts from all the things we could be talking about, like multiz and the 2 still extremely new gamemodes and how slow movespeed is.
angelstarri
Byond Username: Angelstarri

Post by angelstarri » #453375

PKPenguin321 wrote:
angelstarri wrote:
oranges wrote:Just become headcoder, it'll only take you 3-4 years of work ethic.
me so edgy xd

did you get dumpstered by a catgirl on the one day you choose to play out of 365 so hard that you actually have to remove them to get some semblance of revenge on them and have to come up with all sorts of filters and bribes to get your way after losing the first poll

you're actually pathetic lmao
You're a braindead fucking moron, the filters are made so that hippie raiders who come here to REMOVE CATGRIL LOL and don't actually play here don't have their votes counted. If you want cats the filters actually HELP you, but you're so upset and unstable over the prospect of potentially losing the vote that you're lashing out at anything and everything. Feel free to reply to this post so I can laugh at you.
ah yes the oranges internet defense force lawyer has arrived

Regarding filters, they are 100% accurate because it's impossible for a ME HIPPIE LMAO player to have played one round before the poll only to log in and vote negatively, right? Wow, super effective and amazing filter! Definitely only us /tg/station people voting, guys! 98 votes were discarded on the remove side and those were only the filtered votes, who says there weren't epic hippie players who got a vote in? Especially since those epic hippie gamers already would've logged in at the time of the first poll to attempt to vote negatively. Guess when that would've been? 30 days leading to the second election, which would put some of them or at least the ones who played a round in already into the voting pool.

The point that we've been trying to make this entire time that hasn't been able to go through your thick head (because me admin me always right, that's why we always lock the threads after we post and delete posts covering them as "shitposts") is that there is no reason that the "compromises" (AKA bribes) should exist in the current poll given that they did NOT exist previously even when the subject of adding ethereals and IPCs wwere already brought up on the table before the first poll was even started/completed.

The argument that has been made about needing space for "roundstart" races has already been driven to the ground and disproven entirely because, as you even said, "I'm aware that realistically they can both exist at the same time but I just don't think oranges would allow it." Not to mention that as previously stated there are far less played popular races and there have previously been more roundstart races than we have right now (see the Halloween event). This is not a question of maintainability or legacy race support, this is just plain and simple targeted bullying.

Funny how you defend filters for oranges so much despite the fact that when MSO posted the reversing ruling on filters he was the first one to attack the post and demand and answer, then hushed down when the corrected math and poll code were posted, then decided to call the vote null using the faulty filter as an excuse. Just because you have to recount votes doesn't mean the votes that are there aren't valid, I'll give you that little info for free.

Is oranges ever gonna talk about his reasonings to remove the catgirls or are you gonna keep being his internet lawyer? I know that he's too edgy to answer or take anything seriously which is why he is spending his life coding for an engine made in 1998, but you could at least let him try.

Code: Select all

I strongly suspected the borgs were one humaned by the Captain because of their increasingly strange behavior throughout the round after the Captain had entered their upload and seemingly changed the laws. I had asked twice if I could blow the borgs to no response (because there was no admin online apparently). They were constantly complimenting the Captain and calling her pretty and essentially threatening people who called the Captain ugly - Pepper Oni.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #453376

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, I told him to reply and he actually did it the absolute madman

didnt read btw
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #453377

you're just upset that I don't and never will have to answer to you, or your sockpuppet friends.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #453378

afelinidisfinetoo wrote:
havent spoken with oranges at all, what ive posted are my own thoughts
CosmicScientist wrote:
oranges wrote:why, just let people vent their anger and frustrations, it's not harmful and it's better than trying to bottle it up for the sake of what? forced civility?
stale meme

If there was no forced civility, PKP wouldn't be a moderator.
i'll step in if the drama in here seeps out to other threads but one thread is fine
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
afelinidisfinetoo

Post by afelinidisfinetoo » #453379

oranges wrote:manipulated the headadmins into signing off on this poll that I rigged
I guess this is the closest thing we're going to get to an answer for what you did, that "It was the headmins' fault for agreeing to it"
You wrote the poll options, isn't that right? PKP said that himself and he's defending you. You made the poll. Why did you make a poll that is slanted toward removal of catgirls? It isn't the headmins that made you do that. This is really not a difficult or mean question I'm asking, but it's the one you absolutely refuse to answer.
Last edited by afelinidisfinetoo on Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #453380

I guess I'm just smarter than them
afelinidisfinetoo

Post by afelinidisfinetoo » #453382

oranges wrote:I guess I'm just smarter than them
I guess you are smarter than the players, too? Did you think they would not notice that the vote is rigged? It's the first thing everyone said when it went live on the server.
I'm not going to give you the benefit of the doubt if you refuse to answer anything. I think it's pretty obvious why you did it this way. You thought the illusion of democracy would prevent the backlash that would result from just straight-up removing catgirls because you personally don't like them being in a game you do not play.
Last edited by afelinidisfinetoo on Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
angelstarri

Post by angelstarri » #453383

oranges wrote:you're just upset that I don't and never will have to answer to you, or your sockpuppet friends.
epic dude! i got an idea for your next poll! it even uses IRV!

what name should the server be renamed to?

1. orangestation
2. orangestation but with a capital O at the beginning
3. orangestation but with all capital Os
4. orangestation but with a capital O and S
5. keep the name
PKPPenguin321 wrote:didn't read btw
i know you didn't, your brain is too little to understand any sort of counter argument. i guess that's what you and oranges have in common, aside from never playing in any of the servers and conveniently skipping on answering challenging questions! :-)

I strongly suspected the borgs were one humaned by the Captain because of their increasingly strange behavior throughout the round after the Captain had entered their upload and seemingly changed the laws. I had asked twice if I could blow the borgs to no response (because there was no admin online apparently). They were constantly complimenting the Captain and calling her pretty and essentially threatening people who called the Captain ugly - Pepper Oni.
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #453384

PKPenguin321 wrote:
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:
havent spoken with oranges at all, what ive posted are my own thoughts
CosmicScientist wrote:
stale meme

If there was no forced civility, PKP wouldn't be a moderator.
i'll step in if the drama in here seeps out to other threads but one thread is fine
can you step in when the drama seeps into ooc on bagil. It's quite nonstop arguing whenever felind makes there position loud and proud
► Show Spoiler
Qbmax32
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #453385

angelstarri wrote:
oranges wrote:you're just upset that I don't and never will have to answer to you, or your sockpuppet friends.
epic dude! i got an idea for your next poll! it even uses IRV!

what name should the server be renamed to?

1. orangestation
2. orangestation but with a capital O at the beginning
3. orangestation but with all capital Os
4. orangestation but with a capital O and S
5. keep the name
PKPPenguin321 wrote:didn't read btw
i know you didn't, your brain is too little to understand any sort of counter argument. i guess that's what you and oranges have in common, aside from never playing in any of the servers and conveniently skipping on answering challenging questions! :-)

[img]https://image.ibb.co/iZ9R8V/Screenshot-2018-11-10-at-9-45-21-PM.png[/img]
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 am Qbmax32 is quite literally one of the dumbest individuals I have ever had the misfortune of coming into contact with. He has zero redeemable traits, and honestly I have to suppress my gag reflex every time he shows up in a conversation.
Malkraz wrote:YES
DRINK THE PISS QB
angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard
imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING
deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.
datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.
Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit
Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)
Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores
Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate
BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.
feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing
Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.
Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.
Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread
imsxz wrote:nervore
FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me
Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....
Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead
CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #453386

angelstarri wrote:i know you didn't, your brain is too little to understand any sort of counter argument.
What is this supposed to mean?
afelinidisfinetoo

Post by afelinidisfinetoo » #453387

You joined a year ago so you're correct, I guess?
I haven't seen join date elitism since GameFAQs was popular
Qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #453388

my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 am Qbmax32 is quite literally one of the dumbest individuals I have ever had the misfortune of coming into contact with. He has zero redeemable traits, and honestly I have to suppress my gag reflex every time he shows up in a conversation.
DRINK THE PISS QB
deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.
datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.
Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)
Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores
BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.
feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing
Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.
Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.
FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #453390

https://delete_account.com
angelstarri

Post by angelstarri » #453392

oranges wrote:https://delete_account.com
click it, it'll help you :-)

afelinidisfinetoo

Post by afelinidisfinetoo » #453393

Qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #453394

[youtube]MFTh8pjtQYY[/youtube]
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
DRINK THE PISS QB

angelstarri

Post by angelstarri » #453395

Qbmax32 wrote:[youtube]MFTh8pjtQYY[/youtube]
imagine using your time making a custom video that no one is going to click on to insult someone

i don't even play as a catgirl btw but not like you could know that since you have 0 hours of playtime

oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #453396

I clicked it
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #453397

angelstarri wrote: imagine using your time making a custom video that no one is going to click on to insult someone

i don't even play as a catgirl btw but not like you could know that since you have 0 hours of playtime
dude calm down
Qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #453398

1 like on video = 1 dead catgirl

1 dislike on video = 1 dead human
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
DRINK THE PISS QB

Qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #453400

my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
DRINK THE PISS QB

afelinidisfinetoo

Post by afelinidisfinetoo » #453402

Oranges, could you explain why you have abandoned the pretense of a fair vote and are now playing the "I am the head coder, I say felinids go, there are too many races" card?

What was the point of the vote, then? Did you just hope that you could get your way without showing your true nature?
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #453403

Like I said dude, it was because a catgirl dumped me once and I'm mastering and epic revenge plan by manipulating the entire community and the headadmins into carrying out my will
Qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #453404

[img]https://image.ibb.co/moOEvA/Screenshot-2018-11-10-at-10-17-26-PM.png[/img]

its oranges stop saying Oranges or ill fucking click the button dont test me
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
DRINK THE PISS QB

angelstarri

Post by angelstarri » #453405

oranges wrote:Like I said dude, it was because a catgirl dumped me once and I'm mastering and epic revenge plan by manipulating the entire community and the headadmins into carrying out my will
me oranges me head maintainer for 1998 game me not code anything or close issues down me kinda big deal

your attitude is complete garbage and is the reason why no one is personally motivated to get involved in the codebase

oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #453407

that's pretty harsh on the 539 contributors and 30 or so people with open pr's
Qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #453408

my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
DRINK THE PISS QB

Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #453409

oranges wrote:that's pretty harsh on the 539 contributors and 30 or so people with open pr's
oranges why do you suffer so. You could drop all of this and dab on the haters. Yet you keep egging them on, giving them the false hope of prevalation.

Being honest, if a headadmin felt like oranges was rigging this thing. They'd of commented in this thread already

They haven't

what are we still arguing for
► Show Spoiler
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #453411

I love salt
Qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #453412

my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
DRINK THE PISS QB

angelstarri

Post by angelstarri » #453413

yikes