Do potions applied before a sentience potion have any effect on the now-sentient creature?

General SS13 Chat
ThatGuyWhoLikesSpace
Byond Username: ThatGuyWhoLikesSpace

Do potions applied before a sentience potion have any effect on the now-sentient creature?

Post by ThatGuyWhoLikesSpace » #455535

For example, let's say I feed a magicarp a love potion, and then give it a sentience potion. Does that potion still have an effect on the now-sentient creature, or do I need to administer docility/love/etc potions post-sentience?
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Re: Do potions applied before a sentience potion have any effect on the now-sentient creature?

Post by Shadowflame909 » #455536

The mob doesn't change when you sentience it. I don't think. It's like offering it to ghosts. It's like beating up a carp and then making it sentient. It'll still have that damage after it becomes sentient.
► Show Spoiler
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Re: Do potions applied before a sentience potion have any effect on the now-sentient creature?

Post by somerandomguy » #455541

love potion may need a mind/ckey but otherwise it'll work
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #455554

The only difference is that if you do love first the person won't get the memory of "You are in love with [user]."
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current