Admins disappeared my thread

General SS13 Chat
User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby iamgoofball » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:30 pm #456666

CosmicScientist wrote:goof, you're hired.

Image

Just sign away your soul. Don't worry this isn't like what crag said you should have done, your body is still yours.

actually i joked about that once and got angry threatening messages from the guy who does the weeb naruto games no joke lemme see if I can find it



User avatar
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
 
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:47 pm
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby Super Aggro Crag » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:38 pm #456668

Goofball why dont you get a job at mcdonald
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby iamgoofball » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:39 pm #456669

Super Aggro Crag wrote:Goofball why dont you get a job at mcdonald

already got a job that's actually union work, honestly probably a better deal than programming tbh but eh less cash

User avatar
Rustledjimm
 
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:07 pm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby Rustledjimm » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:42 pm #456671

To be fair what's happened to you is shitty but you had every opportunity for this to not happen. Much like how you were warned multiple times to stop telling people to harm themselves in our discord you were warned previously about breaking github tos. You even told them you wouldn't anymore. You then go ahead and do exactly what you promised you wouldn't do.

I hope this is a wake up call for you. You have to realise that there are consequences to your words and actions in the real world outside of school and that 'I was angry' is not a valid excuse.


Honestly were you hoping to show prospective employers your github account and just hoping they wouldn't read the comments too?
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Image

Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes

User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby iamgoofball » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:46 pm #456673

Rustledjimm wrote:
Honestly were you hoping to show prospective employers your github account and just hoping they wouldn't read the comments too?

you just don't show them /tg/ intentionally and show them specific choice works

User avatar
firecage
Github User
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:22 pm
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby firecage » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:48 pm #456674

Okay, let me just say this. Goof, while I normally think you are a disgusting and toxic asshole and one of the worst people I have ever met(which, honestly, prooobably applies to a T to me as well, honk.), having your entire portfolio of 6 years removed is still a bit much, especially if it effectively destroys employment opportunities for you in the real world. So I do hope that ends up being resolved, and at the very least your portfolio ends up restored if nothing else. So, hope it all works out.
Last edited by firecage on Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Image

User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby iamgoofball » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:49 pm #456675

firecage wrote:Okay, let me just say this. Goof, while I normally think you are a disgusting and toxic asshole and one of the worst people I have ever met(which, honestly, prooobably applies to a T to me as well, honk.), having your entire portfolio of 6 years removed is still a bit much, especially if it effectively destroys employment opportunities for you in the real world. So I do hope that ends up being resolved, and at the very least your portfolio ends up restored if nothing else.

not happening

User avatar
firecage
Github User
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:22 pm
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby firecage » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:53 pm #456677

I mean, there is always a tiny, slimmer of a chance. Very unlikely, yes. To be fair though, out of all the things you have said to people and their PR's on github, that happening because you called ATM's retarded is, frankly, a bit retarded.
Image
Image

User avatar
Shezza
 
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 6:54 pm
Byond Username: Wilchen

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby Shezza » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:34 pm #456686

iamgoofball wrote:
Shezza wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:
Yakumo_Chen wrote:how would goof even be able to make a github alt? Given you can say almost anything to him to get him into an immediate babbling screaming fit, it would be a very short amount of time before he could fuck up and out himself

given you're only just 18
goof only just turned 18? Amazing.

1. go fuck yourself
2. no evidence


You said it on errorins discord then tried hard to claim you never said it

once again, a claim with no evidence to back it

additionally, even if I did, how do you know I wasn't just fucking with you


You went around claiming i spammed github with catgirl porn with no evidence except oranges saying i did (he later said he was fucking with you(the funniest part was you couldn't believe it))

afelinidisfinetoo
 
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:54 am
Byond Username: A felinid is fine too

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby afelinidisfinetoo » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:53 pm #456688

Really unfortunate, I can't believe this happened

Who would do something like this?

afelinidisfinetoo
 
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:54 am
Byond Username: A felinid is fine too

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby afelinidisfinetoo » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:54 pm #456689

By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby oranges » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:07 pm #456697

fuck you man, I hope github support banned you

afelinidisfinetoo
 
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:54 am
Byond Username: A felinid is fine too

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby afelinidisfinetoo » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:17 pm #456700

heh

Zarniwoop
 
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:47 pm
Byond Username: Dagum

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby Zarniwoop » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:50 pm #456705

firecage wrote:Okay, let me just say this. Goof, while I normally think you are a disgusting and toxic asshole and one of the worst people I have ever met(which, honestly, prooobably applies to a T to me as well, honk.), having your entire portfolio of 6 years removed is still a bit much, especially if it effectively destroys employment opportunities for you in the real world. So I do hope that ends up being resolved, and at the very least your portfolio ends up restored if nothing else. So, hope it all works out.


You say this like they singled him out and destroyed his work specifically. No, he was aware what happens if they kick him off. He was aware that he was already warned and promised them he'd behave. He was aware he was on thin ice with them. He still chose to break their rules and even neglected to save his work. He's not a fuckin victim here, he had every opportunity to avoid this. He had every opportunity to mitigate the worst of the consequences by saving his shit. He brought every bit of this on himself. The world isn't tg, a professional service like github isn't going to suspend their procedures and standards just for goof. That is preposterous and anyone suggesting that github is responsible for this needs to grow up.

User avatar
Qbmax32
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:05 am
Location: somewhere
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby Qbmax32 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:59 pm #456708

afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me



jerked off was hot
my admin feedback thread


quotes
Spoiler:
angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard


imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING


deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.

datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.

Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit

Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)

Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores

Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate

BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.

feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing

Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.

Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.

Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread

imsxz wrote:nervore

FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.

afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me

Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....

Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead

CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs

Actionb
 
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:51 am
Byond Username: Actionb

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby Actionb » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:41 pm #456723

Actual coding makes up like 10% of the work a programmer. Nobody will care if you emphasise that you have been coding in language 'XY' for 'Z' years.
In a sense you can be glad your github account was flagged just as you were sending out applications; your would-be-employers would have come across this strange unsalvageable mess that is DreamMaker (and the tgstation repo) and concluded that this kid practically starts from scratch. And then they would have encountered your abrasive internet persona.

I would have been worried if you had been, say, in your early 30s and your participation in some git projects was one of the few things you had to show for. But if you are really only 18 just now, holy shit, rejoice. Having life make you bite the curb at this young age should relieve you in a sense. 'Get your shit together!', a wake up call to make you aware of the idea that being a trollface shitbag with anger issues might be great fun in environments like /tg/, but is probably not so great in every day life.

That said, I have no clue how you are in person... and I don't need to know. In this day and age, people (i.e. employers) do not need to get to know you on a personal level to make a judgement. They can just investigate your internet persona.

User avatar
bman
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:55 pm
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby bman » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:46 pm #456724

Zarniwoop wrote:
firecage wrote:Okay, let me just say this. Goof, while I normally think you are a disgusting and toxic asshole and one of the worst people I have ever met(which, honestly, prooobably applies to a T to me as well, honk.), having your entire portfolio of 6 years removed is still a bit much, especially if it effectively destroys employment opportunities for you in the real world. So I do hope that ends up being resolved, and at the very least your portfolio ends up restored if nothing else. So, hope it all works out.


You say this like they singled him out and destroyed his work specifically. No, he was aware what happens if they kick him off. He was aware that he was already warned and promised them he'd behave. He was aware he was on thin ice with them. He still chose to break their rules and even neglected to save his work. He's not a fuckin victim here, he had every opportunity to avoid this. He had every opportunity to mitigate the worst of the consequences by saving his shit. He brought every bit of this on himself. The world isn't tg, a professional service like github isn't going to suspend their procedures and standards just for goof. That is preposterous and anyone suggesting that github is responsible for this needs to grow up.

reminder that goofball's breaking of the rules here is saying atms are retarded
pryce bax.
Image
Image

User avatar
bman
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:55 pm
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby bman » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:48 pm #456725

Haevacht wrote:How many times did you post goatse, or have screaming fits in PRs, or spam PRs because you disagreed with some administrative or coding decision?

This is rhetorical, the answer is too many. About time something actually happened to you for it.

LOL this nigga back
pryce bax.
Image
Image

User avatar
Rustledjimm
 
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:07 pm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby Rustledjimm » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:59 pm #456727

I mean yes he called something retarded. That is still against the rules of github I don't understand how this is an argument in his defence. Goofball himself even states github have every right to remove him for doing something he promised he would not do anymore.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Image

Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes

User avatar
leibniz
 
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 6:21 pm
Location: Seeking help
Byond Username: Leibniz

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby leibniz » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:12 pm #456728

Rustledjimm wrote:I mean yes he called something retarded. That is still against the rules of github I don't understand how this is an argument in his defence. Goofball himself even states github have every right to remove him for doing something he promised he would not do anymore.


if people are not allowed to say the word why dont they just put a wordfilter in?
normal people dont assume that random words get you wrecked forever
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement

User avatar
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:34 pm
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby CitrusGender » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:16 pm #456730

Rustledjimm wrote:I mean yes he called something retarded. That is still against the rules of github I don't understand how this is an argument in his defence. Goofball himself even states github have every right to remove him for doing something he promised he would not do anymore.

it was a second strike I think

The first one was for posting goatse.
Image
thanks to ninjanomnom for making my signature

User avatar
Rustledjimm
 
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:07 pm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby Rustledjimm » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:30 pm #456734

leibniz wrote:
Rustledjimm wrote:I mean yes he called something retarded. That is still against the rules of github I don't understand how this is an argument in his defence. Goofball himself even states github have every right to remove him for doing something he promised he would not do anymore.


if people are not allowed to say the word why dont they just put a wordfilter in?
normal people dont assume that random words get you wrecked forever



I wouldn't call the word 'retarded' as a random word now. It clearly has bad connotations that no real company wants near them or to be seen as acceptable on their site.

Also goof is not fucked over by this. He has plenty of options he's only 18 and has his whole life in front of him. It's probably better everything was deleted lest prospective employers see how he acted and commented online and just threw out his applications based on that alone.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Image

Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes

Cik
 
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:24 pm
Byond Username: Cik

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby Cik » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:38 pm #456737

goof is 18 ?

fuggin zoomers

User avatar
Pascal125
 
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:48 am
Location: Your closet
Byond Username: Pascal123

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby Pascal125 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:57 pm #456745

If goof was 18 and he's been working on this github gig for 6 years then that'd mean he started playing and doing this this around 12, possibly younger. Why was this ignored, if it was such common knowledge?
Rude and abrasive; I apologise in advance. I play Betrays-Its-Kin if you wanna Metagrudge me.
Image

User avatar
Shezza
 
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 6:54 pm
Byond Username: Wilchen

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby Shezza » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:06 pm #456746

Pascal125 wrote:If goof was 18 and he's been working on this github gig for 6 years then that'd mean he started playing and doing this this around 12, possibly younger. Why was this ignored, if it was such common knowledge?


He only told a few people this year on a private discord

User avatar
leibniz
 
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 6:21 pm
Location: Seeking help
Byond Username: Leibniz

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby leibniz » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:14 pm #456747

Rustledjimm wrote:...


I meant "forever" for the website.

Bans like this happen because screeching online mobs took over the overton window

We can say it's just a free account and whatever but if facebook, twitter, linkedin, youtube and github blacklisted you because you had a bad opinion once then it would not be the end of your life but it could still have a big effect and it's evil to destroy someone's portfolio instead of banning them from commenting or anything else.
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement

User avatar
Toronto88
 
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:55 pm
Byond Username: Booboobug

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby Toronto88 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:43 pm #456756

Well that's the thing, I saw this and the first thing I thought was
Image
Image

User avatar
CreationPro
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:11 am
Location: Commiefornia
Byond Username: Solar Marine

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby CreationPro » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:44 pm #456757

On the brighter side, goof is gonna enter the real world soon and stop being as abrasive once he realizes it doesn't slide all that well without a screen between you and them.
terranaut wrote:Scared? My stand 「CLOWN WORLD」 and it's 「FUNNY COMPANY」will defeat your weak stand in moments.

Terry the Moth, Melody Jean the roboticist and S.O.L. the cyborg.
I will not change my avatar but if I did I'd have this good KVADRATNIY boy.
Spoiler:
Image

IkeTG wrote:love is okay
CreationPro wrote:i love you
IkeTG wrote:love is no longer okay


Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:
obscolene wrote:I super glued my PC case shut please don't ask why.

<Pretendo> well Ia ksed in banbus
<AurxSS13> IA KSED! IA KSED! THE BLACK TYPO WITH A THOUSAND ERRORS!

<scaredofshadows> I randomly take buttons away from people
<scaredofshadows> because I am now rogue
<hornygranny> host is rouge
<Ikarrus> blow the admins

trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.

Hibbles wrote:Man, I love CP. I wish we had more CP on the server.

Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;

User avatar
Screemonster
 
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:23 pm
Byond Username: Scree

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby Screemonster » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:32 pm #456766

leibniz wrote:
Rustledjimm wrote:I mean yes he called something retarded. That is still against the rules of github I don't understand how this is an argument in his defence. Goofball himself even states github have every right to remove him for doing something he promised he would not do anymore.


if people are not allowed to say the word why dont they just put a wordfilter in?
normal people dont assume that random words get you wrecked forever

I remember hearing about a few sites that tried filtering but ended up having to undo it, oddly enough both specific instances that I can remember were laid low by car maintenance subforums

one was an official filter that ended up drawing attention because the petrolheads could no longer talk about adjusting the timing on their engines (retarding the timing and all) not to mention that it's the fucking french word for "slow down"

the other was someone who set a bot to search for a particular slur and report it to mods and the mods of the car forum were like "how the fuck is this guy talking about how he damaged his transmission offensi- oh."

User avatar
CreationPro
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:11 am
Location: Commiefornia
Byond Username: Solar Marine

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby CreationPro » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:21 pm #456781

Some people share unfavorable political opinions, cosmo. If you can't keep it to yourself google boots ya.
terranaut wrote:Scared? My stand 「CLOWN WORLD」 and it's 「FUNNY COMPANY」will defeat your weak stand in moments.

Terry the Moth, Melody Jean the roboticist and S.O.L. the cyborg.
I will not change my avatar but if I did I'd have this good KVADRATNIY boy.
Spoiler:
Image

IkeTG wrote:love is okay
CreationPro wrote:i love you
IkeTG wrote:love is no longer okay


Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:
obscolene wrote:I super glued my PC case shut please don't ask why.

<Pretendo> well Ia ksed in banbus
<AurxSS13> IA KSED! IA KSED! THE BLACK TYPO WITH A THOUSAND ERRORS!

<scaredofshadows> I randomly take buttons away from people
<scaredofshadows> because I am now rogue
<hornygranny> host is rouge
<Ikarrus> blow the admins

trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.

Hibbles wrote:Man, I love CP. I wish we had more CP on the server.

Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;

User avatar
Rustledjimm
 
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:07 pm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby Rustledjimm » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:26 pm #456784

leibniz wrote:
Rustledjimm wrote:...


I meant "forever" for the website.

Bans like this happen because screeching online mobs took over the overton window

We can say it's just a free account and whatever but if facebook, twitter, linkedin, youtube and github blacklisted you because you had a bad opinion once then it would not be the end of your life but it could still have a big effect and it's evil to destroy someone's portfolio instead of banning them from commenting or anything else.



No bans like this happen because someone repeatedly breaks the rules of the site.

This isn't the first time goof was banned for his actions. He knew full well he was on thin ice with github. He had all the knowledge he needed to not be banned.

Frankly the fact people think github is in the wrong here when even goofball is saying they did nothing wrong is absolutely laughable. Some people will just defend anything it seems.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Image

Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes

User avatar
Rustledjimm
 
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:07 pm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby Rustledjimm » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:29 pm #456785

Also filters don't allow context. As Scree stated there are good reasons for using certain words which filters completely destroy.

As an extreme example take when the UK government tried to screen everything regarding rape and abuse from being accessed unless you asked for it. After some basic research it was noted that those attempting to get help from abusive relationships or rape would have to go ask their ISP, or the person in control of the ISP contact (possibly their abuser) to grant them access to these sites.

Filters often do more harm than good, better instead to moderate as context and intent behing the words are what really matters.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Image

Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes

User avatar
Yakumo_Chen
 
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:08 pm
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby Yakumo_Chen » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:57 pm #456790

CreationPro wrote:On the brighter side, goof is gonna enter the real world soon and stop being as abrasive once he realizes it doesn't slide all that well without a screen between you and them.


>goof will learn

Ahahahahahahahaha
Image
Image

User avatar
Shadowflame909
 
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:18 pm
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here
Byond Username: Shadowflame909

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby Shadowflame909 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:12 pm #456796

CreationPro wrote:On the brighter side,


It started out with a kiss
How did it end up like this?
It was only a kiss, it was only a kiss

Spoiler:
Image

ThanatosRa wrote:My biggest problem is that I can't fix any of this.


Boris wrote:shadowflame either has a brain the size of a pea or one the size of the moon and he's playing 58D chess.


BeeSting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.


BebeYoshi wrote:Saltyflame909


Cobby wrote:The trash bin... have you lost your way home anon?

User avatar
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:34 pm
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby CitrusGender » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:16 pm #456799

Shadowflame909 wrote:
CreationPro wrote:On the brighter side,


It started out with a kiss
How did it end up like this?
It was only a kiss, it was only a kiss

are you okay buddy
Image
thanks to ninjanomnom for making my signature

User avatar
leibniz
 
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 6:21 pm
Location: Seeking help
Byond Username: Leibniz

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby leibniz » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:22 pm #456800

I'm not just defending "anything", if it was up to me I'd rule 0 purge goof yesterday but this is part of something bigger, it's not just github, it is part of the trend of corporations turning away from common sense and towards politics.
On one hand, the reality is that corporate censorship like this does help with good PR, one the other hand Code of Conducts are used for sniping people who disagree with your side.

In the end, our resident coder - who probably cant even order fries at McDonalds without getting the cops called on him - getting purged over one word is just another brief scene in the vivid tapestry that captures our society sailing further into the 21st century where people have increasingly less freedom and corporations have more.
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement

User avatar
Shadowflame909
 
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:18 pm
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here
Byond Username: Shadowflame909

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby Shadowflame909 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:23 pm #456801

CitrusGender wrote:
Shadowflame909 wrote:
CreationPro wrote:On the brighter side,


Snap, Crackle, Pop

are you okay buddy


No. I realized that I don't know that much about Batman. So I can't make a post explaining how goof mirrors more of the joker instead of the batman.

Anyone wanna watch BTAS?

Spoiler:
Image

ThanatosRa wrote:My biggest problem is that I can't fix any of this.


Boris wrote:shadowflame either has a brain the size of a pea or one the size of the moon and he's playing 58D chess.


BeeSting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.


BebeYoshi wrote:Saltyflame909


Cobby wrote:The trash bin... have you lost your way home anon?

User avatar
Pascal125
 
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:48 am
Location: Your closet
Byond Username: Pascal123

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby Pascal125 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:06 am #456811

Rude and abrasive; I apologise in advance. I play Betrays-Its-Kin if you wanna Metagrudge me.
Image

User avatar
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 pm
Location: Belgium
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby Dax Dupont » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:26 am #456835

It's probably the fact that he was calling people retards vs calling something retarded. He probably got zapped because goof being goof and insulting/attacking people on github is probably gonna be categorized under harassment.

That combined with a previous ban and the whole goatse incident.

Maybe an attitude adjustment would do you some good goof, it's long overdue.

Also it's incredibly deranged to consider your (ex-)github account to be anywhere close to be considered to be a professional portfolio. If an employer would see your inane rants, 3000 PRs about fetish content and you constantly raising pitchforks/being overly hostile I'm sure they would not hire you and probably informally blacklist you.

Imagine seeing these as an employer:
Image
Image

If anything this is chance to reinvent yourself. I'm not sure if you were underage but you were certainly acting like it.
Also for the love of god never connect this insane game to your real life portofolio.

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby oranges » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:05 am #456861

why not? I've given a comprehensive reference for several developers related to /tg/

User avatar
Cobby
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:19 pm
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby Cobby » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:15 am #456871

Goof blocked me on github so I blocked him from using it mwahaha
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current

User avatar
Qbmax32
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:05 am
Location: somewhere
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby Qbmax32 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:09 am #456883




thread theme btw
my admin feedback thread


quotes
Spoiler:
angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard


imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING


deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.

datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.

Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit

Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)

Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores

Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate

BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.

feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing

Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.

Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.

Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread

imsxz wrote:nervore

FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.

afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me

Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....

Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead

CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs

Actionb
 
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:51 am
Byond Username: Actionb

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby Actionb » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:25 am #456907

leibniz wrote:... is part of the trend of corporations turning away from common sense and towards politics.
On one hand, the reality is that corporate censorship like this does help with good PR, one the other hand Code of Conducts are used for sniping people who disagree with your side.


This has nothing to do with politics or sniping. I can understand where you get this idea: getting banned for saying 'ATMs are retarded' feels random and unjustified unless somebody with ill will towards goof reported the post to github. But whether the ban was actually issued because somebody wanted goof gone or simply because goof was on github's watchlist and they decided 'He's not gonna learn' is besides the point. If you have gotten a slap on the wrist for bad conduct and you do not show any signs of improved behaviour, what do you expect is going to happen? If I kept showing up at your home to piss on your rug and you warned me not to do that anymore, you would just shoot me the next time I knocked on your door.

Github has every right to to remove content and users that violates their terms of service. They do not have to tolerate you. By signing up to github you are accepting these ToS. It's not censorship if you violate these super simple rules and get your shit wrecked as a result.
How unhinged do you have to be to post a goatse on a service that promotes professional behaviour and then complain about not being able to refer to that service as a proof of your professionalism.


leibniz wrote:In the end, our resident coder - who probably cant even order fries at McDonalds without getting the cops called on him - getting purged over one word is just another brief scene in the vivid tapestry that captures our society sailing further into the 21st century where people have increasingly less freedom and corporations have more.


Not trying to attack your point of view about social freedom here... but please don't play the victim card and make goof a martyr of social justice.

User avatar
BONERMASTER
 
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:28 pm
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby BONERMASTER » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:38 pm #456934

Mess with the cats, die like the rest.
Twottle_Birb wrote:at least im not a faggot lol Image


Spoiler:
Remember the Takov.

User avatar
iksyp
 
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:47 pm
Location: usa usa usa usa usa
Byond Username: Iksyp

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby iksyp » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:23 pm #456941

>goof was going against the tos so there should be no argument in his defense
the argument is against the tos not against goof's ban being valid or not wetods
ignore this poster he has brain damage

Zarniwoop
 
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:47 pm
Byond Username: Dagum

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby Zarniwoop » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:46 pm #456952

iksyp wrote:>goof was going against the tos so there should be no argument in his defense
the argument is against the tos not against goof's ban being valid or not wetods


Another goof fangirl desperate to blame anyone but poor widdle goof.

Actionb
 
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:51 am
Byond Username: Actionb

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby Actionb » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:13 pm #456955

iksyp wrote:>goof was going against the tos so there should be no argument in his defense
the argument is against the tos not against goof's ban being valid or not wetods


The github ToS basically reads like 'Dont be a dick'. What's there to argue about?

User avatar
Pascal125
 
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:48 am
Location: Your closet
Byond Username: Pascal123

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby Pascal125 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:38 pm #456963

Get dabbed on.
Image
Rude and abrasive; I apologise in advance. I play Betrays-Its-Kin if you wanna Metagrudge me.
Image

User avatar
Shadowflame909
 
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:18 pm
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here
Byond Username: Shadowflame909

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby Shadowflame909 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:40 pm #456965

Pascal125 wrote:Get dabbed on.
Image


Why is this pinned? Mods delete this?

Spoiler:
Image

ThanatosRa wrote:My biggest problem is that I can't fix any of this.


Boris wrote:shadowflame either has a brain the size of a pea or one the size of the moon and he's playing 58D chess.


BeeSting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.


BebeYoshi wrote:Saltyflame909


Cobby wrote:The trash bin... have you lost your way home anon?

User avatar
iksyp
 
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:47 pm
Location: usa usa usa usa usa
Byond Username: Iksyp

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Postby iksyp » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:53 pm #456968

Zarniwoop wrote:Another goof fangirl desperate to blame anyone but poor widdle goof.

ok
Actionb wrote:The github ToS basically reads like 'Dont be a dick'. What's there to argue about?

here's a novel idea:
what if we just gave people the ability to administrate their own repositories, going so far as to even give them the ability to block them if they don't want them around
have the people self moderate their own stuff so we don't have to hire people to look through reported comments
oh wait github already did that so why do they have global rules telling you what you can't say
ignore this poster he has brain damage

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: stan_albatross