Admins disappeared my thread

General SS13 Chat
iksyp
Byond Username: Iksyp

Re: Admins disappeared my thread

Post by iksyp » #456968

Bottom post of the previous page:

Zarniwoop wrote:Another goof fangirl desperate to blame anyone but poor widdle goof.
ok
Actionb wrote:The github ToS basically reads like 'Dont be a dick'. What's there to argue about?
here's a novel idea:
what if we just gave people the ability to administrate their own repositories, going so far as to even give them the ability to block them if they don't want them around
have the people self moderate their own stuff so we don't have to hire people to look through reported comments
oh wait github already did that so why do they have global rules telling you what you can't say
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #456970

iksyp wrote:>goof was going against the tos so there should be no argument in his defense
the argument is against the tos not against goof's ban being valid or not wetods
Can you show me a post in this thread that has been centralized around the ToS and not goof's behavior (not including this one or the one above this post, both by u)?
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Actionb
Byond Username: Actionb

Post by Actionb » #456974

Actionb wrote:The github ToS basically reads like 'Dont be a dick'. What's there to argue about?
here's a novel idea:
what if we just gave people the ability to administrate their own repositories, going so far as to even give them the ability to block them if they don't want them around
have the people self moderate their own stuff so we don't have to hire people to look through reported comments
oh wait github already did that so why do they have global rules telling you what you can't say
Not quite sure if it's worthit to respond to that. You sign up to github to use their service (version control hosting). It's their turf you're dancing on. You can't then declare 'na bro, thanks, we do shit our way' and expect github to just take it. It's their fucking business, you are their customer. You don't go into a bar and start self serving your friends, do you?
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #456990

arguably calling people retarded is like surface level chan culture basics and we're a 4chan server, we're lucky GitHub hasn't been watching our repo more tbh
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #456993

they weren't waiting for you to "slip up" lol they were responding to a report.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #456995

Cobby wrote:they weren't waiting for you to "slip up" lol they were responding to a report.
good thing I haven't claimed otherwise???
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #456999

The best part is that goof would screech like a baby any time anyone insinuated that he himself was retarded
Vile Beggar
Byond Username: Vile Beggar

Post by Vile Beggar » #457002

if goof is gone then /tg/ is gone

rip
Spoiler:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImage
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #457005

github's moderation is noticeably socially justice flavoured.

they're dumb and it's just a pain to have to moderate our language there because of a culture war in america.

we should move to a self hosted gitlab honestly
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #457009

Actionb wrote:
leibniz wrote:... is part of the trend of corporations turning away from common sense and towards politics.
On one hand, the reality is that corporate censorship like this does help with good PR, one the other hand Code of Conducts are used for sniping people who disagree with your side.
This has nothing to do with politics or sniping. I can understand where you get this idea: getting banned for saying 'ATMs are retarded' feels random and unjustified unless somebody with ill will towards goof reported the post to github. But whether the ban was actually issued because somebody wanted goof gone or simply because goof was on github's watchlist and they decided 'He's not gonna learn' is besides the point. If you have gotten a slap on the wrist for bad conduct and you do not show any signs of improved behaviour, what do you expect is going to happen? If I kept showing up at your home to piss on your rug and you warned me not to do that anymore, you would just shoot me the next time I knocked on your door.

Github has every right to to remove content and users that violates their terms of service. They do not have to tolerate you. By signing up to github you are accepting these ToS. It's not censorship if you violate these super simple rules and get your shit wrecked as a result.
How unhinged do you have to be to post a goatse on a service that promotes professional behaviour and then complain about not being able to refer to that service as a proof of your professionalism.

leibniz wrote: In the end, our resident coder - who probably cant even order fries at McDonalds without getting the cops called on him - getting purged over one word is just another brief scene in the vivid tapestry that captures our society sailing further into the 21st century where people have increasingly less freedom and corporations have more.
Not trying to attack your point of view about social freedom here... but please don't play the victim card and make goof a martyr of social justice.
>martyr
blocked from using service = good
erased from history 1984-style = bad
It doesn't even say "banned" or "deleted" it just shows a 404
This includes all PRs and issues made by the banned account
Pascal125
Byond Username: Pascal123

Post by Pascal125 » #457012

Real shit though, fellas.

I can't believe India is about to take over, how did this happen? Why aren't you doing everything in your power to stop it?
Rude and abrasive; I apologise in advance. I play Betrays-Its-Kin if you wanna Metagrudge me.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #457019

iamgoofball wrote:
Cobby wrote:they weren't waiting for you to "slip up" lol they were responding to a report.
You implied they were watching the repo, from my experience they're quite reactionary.

That said, our repo doesn't really interfere with the ToS or i'm sure we'd be shut down.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #457051

i havent been in touch with anything except for when goof pinged me on discord the other day due to thanksgiving. just got back to see all this drama, not really sure what is going on but from what little i've gathered goof was banned from discord after lashing out about having hit github account deleted.

just wanna say that i dont care that goof "harassed" me or whatever in discord. i didnt report him on github or anything, but i can understand why he would think i did (my github post joking about github ToS) and having your account vanished like that is understandably really, really aggravating. goof even apologized to me (without me asking) privately, and i forgive him entirely. all memes/irony aside, this entire situation is just really unfortunate and shitty, and im sorry any of it happened.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
iksyp

Post by iksyp » #457061

Actionb wrote:
here's a novel idea:
Not quite sure if it's worthit to respond to that. You sign up to github to use their service (version control hosting). It's their turf you're dancing on. You can't then declare 'na bro, thanks, we do shit our way' and expect github to just take it. It's their fucking business, you are their customer. You don't go into a bar and start self serving your friends, do you?
no but if that bar tells me i can't swear with my friends because of another group across the bar thinks we're too vulgar I'm going to criticize it
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #457112

BONERMASTER wrote:Mess with the cats, die like the rest.
t. man who was upset about poll fixing
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #457113

Cobby wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:
You implied they were watching the repo, from my experience they're quite reactionary.

That said, our repo doesn't really interfere with the ToS or i'm sure we'd be shut down.
It's only a matter of time.
afelinidisfinetoo
Byond Username: A felinid is fine too

Post by afelinidisfinetoo » #457114

oranges wrote:github's moderation is noticeably socially justice flavoured.
So is TGstation's. The script team is absolutely filled with it too. Don't cry when the focus turns in the direction of one of your own.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #457120

afelinidisfinetoo wrote:
oranges wrote:github's moderation is noticeably socially justice flavoured.
So is TGstation's. The script team is absolutely filled with it too. Don't cry when the focus turns in the direction of one of your own.
lmao what
Actionb

Post by Actionb » #457123

somerandomguy wrote: blocked from using service = good
erased from history 1984-style = bad
It doesn't even say "banned" or "deleted" it just shows a 404
This includes all PRs and issues made by the banned account
Git != Github. The commits are still all there:
Economy history
You can search for goofs commits with: git log --author=iamgoofball.
I agree, though, that having the account and all its contributions just seem to vanish from the github network although it's definitely not been deleted, feels like a shitty way to handle this.
iksyp wrote: no but if that bar tells me i can't swear with my friends because of another group across the bar thinks we're too vulgar I'm going to criticize it
Okay, come back when you're grown up.
oranges wrote: we should move to a self hosted gitlab honestly
Apart from some meme/vulgar pull request titles, tg station is nothing special considering github hosts just about anything from the laws of germany to malware source. Then again... they were at times quick to pull the trigger on entire repos that went against their terms.
Might be worth investigating alternatives just to be on the safe side. Not quite sure how github holds repositories responsible for the conduct of its contributors, if at all. Seems like a dumb idea for open source projects. Who would they actually hold accountable? The maintainers? It's not their job to moderate, they have enough stuff on their hands.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #457126

lmao imagine being born in the year 2000 lol this motherfucker is younger than spongebob fucking squarepants
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #457135

it's dumb that all of his PRs, comments, issue reports im assuming are gone.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
somerandomguy

Post by somerandomguy » #457137

actionb wrote:snip
Yeah commits are there but most people won't bother to look at that or search it
Plus most of the documentation is usually in a pr, so if that gets erased you have a literal undocumented feature that people will probably think is a bug
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #457183

oranges wrote:
t. man that was upset enough to actually fix a poll.

I've also been thinking long and hard about your avatar situation. I came up with a new design, it's really cool and you should use it

SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #457187

CosmicScientist wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:lmao imagine being born in the year 2000 lol this motherfucker is younger than spongebob fucking squarepants
Imagine being able to watch telly after all the good cartoons had either been ruined or replaced with inferior cheap animation.

I guess at least it took a little bit longer for the cheap ones to not be cancelled after three months of pretending there's a meta plot.
Yeah there was a real shitty decade between 2000 and 2010 where all the cartoons got worse until shit like adventure time and gravity falls popped up
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
iksyp

Post by iksyp » #457188

Actionb wrote:
iksyp wrote: no but if that bar tells me i can't swear with my friends because of another group across the bar thinks we're too vulgar I'm going to criticize it
Okay, come back when you're grown up.
i too practice perfect etiquette while drunk
UltimateGamer21
Byond Username: Catnapearwigs

Post by UltimateGamer21 » #457197

As usual the East surpasses the barbaric west
Qbmax32
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #457198

BONERMASTER wrote:
oranges wrote:
t. man that was upset enough to actually fix a poll.

I've also been thinking long and hard about your avatar situation. I came up with a new design, it's really cool and you should use it

Good post
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 am Qbmax32 is quite literally one of the dumbest individuals I have ever had the misfortune of coming into contact with. He has zero redeemable traits, and honestly I have to suppress my gag reflex every time he shows up in a conversation.
Malkraz wrote:YES
DRINK THE PISS QB
angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard
imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING
deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.
datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.
Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit
Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)
Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores
Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate
BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.
feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing
Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.
Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.
Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread
imsxz wrote:nervore
FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me
Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....
Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead
CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs
afelinidisfinetoo

Post by afelinidisfinetoo » #457213

UltimateGamer21 wrote:As usual the East surpasses the barbaric west
It's been like this for a while in art. Once the slant eyes got oil paints it was curtains for the west.
Today America ``creates'' by scavenging the art of a nation whose cultural consciousness isn't bogged down by censorship and limitations on freedom of thought and expression. Reminds you of China, doesn't it?
https://streamable.com/yo3yo
afelinidisfinetoo

Post by afelinidisfinetoo » #457217

CosmicScientist wrote: horrid anime faces.
Anime faces are definitely better. With the highly stylized ones it might be the case that you need to have consumed a lot of less stylized anime to appreciate them.
I see that in a lot of franchises with a large American consumer base (which is, naturally, less exposed to anime) they draw less stylized faces. Examples are Nier and Persona.

There is also the crowd that recognizes that anime is beautiful but thinks it's immoral because sexual gratification is evil, so say the priests raping altar boys. And there sure are a lot of Americans who love to yell from their motorized carts that beauty is unrealistic.
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #457219

afelinidisfinetoo wrote:Today America ``creates'' by scavenging the art of a nation whose cultural consciousness isn't bogged down by censorship and limitations on freedom of thought and expression.
I'm not necessarily one to ascribe to the idea that only a chef knows when food is good, but from what authority are you speaking here?
IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #457224

CosmicScientist wrote:Not a very good one if it's espousing the far east as a source of originality. For example I can't think of a single Asterix animated film that looks the same as another but it takes until South Korean cartoons that I can't say see one Chinese cartoon, seen 'em all.
Yea that's my thinking. A good way to tell if someone is full of it is when they're making sweeping, generalizing statements about subjective concepts like art lol
IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #457228

yeah but you don't sound nearly as pretentious :lol:
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #457230

Stickymayhem wrote:
CosmicScientist wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:lmao imagine being born in the year 2000 lol this motherfucker is younger than SpongeBob fucking squarepants
Imagine being able to watch telly after all the good cartoons had either been ruined or replaced with inferior cheap animation.

I guess at least it took a little bit longer for the cheap ones to not be canceled after three months of pretending there's a meta plot.
Yeah there was a real shitty decade between 2000 and 2010 where all the cartoons got worse until shit like adventure time and gravity falls popped up
You better take back those words boomer. You're forgetting
>Invader Zim
>Mlaatr
>Teen Titans
>The Batman
>El Tigre
>Danny Phantom
>Spectacular Spiderman

The 2000s were pretty great. I'd say we're going downhill currently. The early 2010s was just the peak.

Edit: Oh shit I nearly forgot Avatar The Last Airbender. This one title should blow that entire argument away
► Show Spoiler
UltimateGamer21

Post by UltimateGamer21 » #457232

CosmicScientist wrote: Sometimes it's excessively showy or over exaggerated, sometimes it's just they didn't even bother to animate the mouth, let alone the rest of the scene. Often it's as though they all have a cheat sheet of expressions whilst using the same head profile, the only difference between studios is if they chose to draw the mouths like flatfish or split the face in half with pulled back lips.
Uh oh someone only watches weekly seasonal garbage produced for pennies on the dollar and thinks it's wholly representative of the careful and delicate artform of animé.
afelinidisfinetoo

Post by afelinidisfinetoo » #457237

Experimental passion-filled creative works hacked together for $20,000 are vastly more interesting than lumbering soulless $100,000,000 derivative films that must turn a profit at all costs. Not even Americans like American art anymore.
IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #457240

afelinidisfinetoo wrote:Experimental passion-filled creative works hacked together for $20,000 are vastly more interesting than lumbering soulless $100,000,000 derivative films that must turn a profit at all costs. Not even Americans like American art anymore.
More sweeping, generalizing statements made from no authority. Might as well just be emptyposting because it means about the same.
CreationPro
Byond Username: Solar Marine

Post by CreationPro » #457245

afelinidisfinetoo wrote:And there sure are a lot of Americans who love to yell from their motorized carts that beauty is unrealistic.
ayy I found the grazyn
terranaut wrote:Scared? My stand 「CLOWN WORLD」 and it's 「FUNNY COMPANY」will defeat your weak stand in moments.
Terry the Moth, Melody Jean the roboticist and S.O.L. the cyborg.
I will not change my avatar but if I did I'd have this good KVADRATNIY boy.
Spoiler:
IkeTG wrote:love is okay
CreationPro wrote: i love you
IkeTG wrote:love is no longer okay
Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:
obscolene wrote:I super glued my PC case shut please don't ask why.
<Pretendo> well Ia ksed in banbus
<AurxSS13> IA KSED! IA KSED! THE BLACK TYPO WITH A THOUSAND ERRORS!

<scaredofshadows> I randomly take buttons away from people
<scaredofshadows> because I am now rogue
<hornygranny> host is rouge
<Ikarrus> blow the admins
trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.
Hibbles wrote:Man, I love CP. I wish we had more CP on the server.
Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;
somerandomguy

Post by somerandomguy » #457249

afelinidisfinetoo wrote:
CosmicScientist wrote: horrid anime faces.
Anime faces are definitely better. With the highly stylized ones it might be the case that you need to have consumed a lot of less stylized anime to appreciate them.
I see that in a lot of franchises with a large American consumer base (which is, naturally, less exposed to anime) they draw less stylized faces. Examples are Nier and Persona.

There is also the crowd that recognizes that anime is beautiful but thinks it's immoral because sexual gratification is evil, so say the priests raping altar boys. And there sure are a lot of Americans who love to yell from their motorized carts that beauty is unrealistic.
I love the smell of strawmen in the morning, it smells like victory

also whether anime faces are good or not is entirely up to taste, I personally think there's something... off about them
also also >"recognizes that anime is beautiful but thinks it's immoral"
>implying all anime is porn
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:
UltimateGamer21 wrote:As usual the East surpasses the barbaric west
It's been like this for a while in art. Once the slant eyes got oil paints it was curtains for the west.
Today America ``creates'' by scavenging the art of a nation whose cultural consciousness isn't bogged down by censorship and limitations on freedom of thought and expression. Reminds you of China, doesn't it?
https://streamable.com/yo3yo
Last I checked live-action wasn't much of a thing in japan
also western animation is drastically different
plus what would you say if people pointed to crappy anime and said "oh look all anime is bad"
because that's what you're doing here
UltimateGamer21

Post by UltimateGamer21 » #457277

CosmicScientist wrote:
UltimateGamer21 wrote:Uh oh someone only watches weekly seasonal garbage produced for pennies on the dollar and thinks it's wholly representative of the careful and delicate artform of animé.
lol you think I watch something I criticise offhand with no respect? My friends watch the most highly praised series and osmosis brings it to me in snippets, stills, memes and fanart.

Every British game dev you will find a game of is a mixture of lazy, pretentious, unfinished and janky, see Sir, You are being Hunted, Prison Architect, Thomas was Alone and generally just look for a list of British game devs on wikipedia, it's been two years since I last checked but I doubt their collective exploits have improved. Does that wholly represent British game devving? No, but it does represent it.

So either give me some examples or move the goalposts until the weekly seasonal garbage can't be classed as Chinese cartoons and all of its pornography all of it doesn't have massive honkers that can hold a person inside each, anime orgasm face, a child doing the voice acting, horny nosebleed memes and arbitrary black bars as though the artist can only draw half of genitalia but doesn't want their boss to notice. Might as well be serious for a moment and point to what afelinid said with censorship and ask about the black bars in Japan and the skeletons in China with how that surpasses artistic censorship compared to everywhere but the far east.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #457280

CosmicScientist wrote:Shiiiiit how did I forget about El Tigre
[youtube]IPewrBjNVVI[/youtube]
>young lad
>father's a good guy
>grandfather's a bad guy
>mexican skulls
>mexican trumpets
>obvious furry preadolescent recruitment
It ticks all the boxes of fun. I wonder why I never saw much of it.

also
>saw Roboboy instead of Mlaatr
Did I miss out? Because Roboboy taught me about what happens when the plot is shout "Roboboy!" and roboboy saves the blond kid whilst the ginger kid is fat, ha ha ha, so exciting.
Yeah, Mlaatr was pretty good. It might be an Era thing or whatever, but if you were into the original Power Puff Girls. You'd like Mlaatr as well.
► Show Spoiler
Munchlax
Byond Username: Lobstercake

Post by Munchlax » #457291

Pls stop shitposting, my pc ded and navigating on phone is no fun, thnx
Actionb

Post by Actionb » #457309

You lot are so good at making sweeping statements, you should call yourselves the janitors of debates.
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #457336

I last saw this thread when it was two pages long
What the fuck happened here
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #457337

If live action isn't a thing in Japan then how is rashomon one of the best movies made
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #457350

CosmicScientist wrote:Okay I was with you until adventure time and gravity falls.

Maybe I lost my inner child when a teenager but adventure time was a meme, srsly that ice king backstory sequence was a big dumb here's a wow so deep moment in a children's cartoon, and gravity falls fell into the pretending there's a meta plot trap.
>oh we have a book
>and our intro is about weird stuff happening and the book
>naaaah let's just go do boring shit instead
Dropped off it like a rock despite watching it with a mate, and nothing is boring when with a mate. Though this was around the time I was still watching MLP. But that had coherence, a meta plot that wasn't the advertised plot and have too much variance on power levels or stakes. And I liked Ed, Edd n Eddy but I don't know how to say why I'd prefer that over Adventure Time without resorting to the art style wasn't cheap and I liked the characters more probably because they were dysfunctionally abrasive, often times wrong and hilariously slapstick when punished even when they didn't deserve it.

Did they actually look at the book by season two or were they doing meme shizz similar to that LSD cartoon with the blue jay and raccoon?

Frak now I'm remembering that weird 3D animated thing with a guy named Wasabi as the villain... who owned the megamall everyone lived in... quite a corporate dystopia. And then there was a weird leatherpunk/scrappunk biplane 3D animation that I think came after something similar but with cars... neither of which had a plot where things happened despite having that as their premise. Then there was a racing one with... I don't know, I just remember it airing for barely any time at all before the plug was pulled and I saw one episode with a robot racer staring up at rocks falling from the ceiling whilst saying "So many possibilities" before being crushed by a rock. And the many iterations of Scooby Doo happened too... and now I sort of wish Wacky Races got a reboot but not because whilst the pilot had a voice actor I recognised, it was mostly here are some unfunny characters saying they're going to do the stupid thing, then we get to see the stupid thing, then we get to see them doing the stupid thing, then they say oh no I did the stupid thing and then that's the joke heyuck heyuck.
I think adventure time was really valuable. It's enjoyable at our age but I know kids who grew up with it and got to enjoy the zaniness with the underlying mature lessons that came with it. It kind of operates like surreal art where it makes you feel the answer to things rather than assert it like an after school special.

Gravity falls was good too, the meta plot is deliberately concealed, especially in the first season, through all the clues and ciphers and shit. Nerdy kids get obsessed with that shit and my cousin was all over deciphering everything. By the end it comes together really nicely, and ends strongly without trailing off. The books were just the mcguffin to drive the plot and get all the villains interested in messing with the kids and the shack, and give some variance to stakes other than just implied death. Plus it's a good example of digital art done right.

My little sister still watches MLP and it's a lot more watchable than most of the garbage I guess but I think it's nowhere near as good as the other two mentioned.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #457351

oh my fucking god i missed 3 pages of this shit jesus christ the fucking weebs found the thread

we're talking about SUPERIOR WESTERN ANIMATION fuck off (probably animated by hardworking asians lmao thanks)
Last edited by Stickymayhem on Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #457352

i think regular show's pretty good, or at least it was back when i watched it regularly (see what i did there) a few years ago.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #457354

BeeSting12 wrote:i think regular show's pretty good, or at least it was back when i watched it regularly (see what i did there) a few years ago.
Yeah there was nothing wrong with it it just didn't have any message or artistic value. It was funny enough to be entertaining but that's about it.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #457357

what the hell is going on inside of this thread
obscolene
Byond Username: Obscolene

Post by obscolene » #457358

Stickymayhem wrote:it just didn't have any message or artistic value
cartoons aren't supposed to have some deep message or artistic value they're meant to entertain little kids you manchild
[center]sc#4622 | everybodygangstauntilnig.ga (UPDATED FREQUENTLY)[/center]
[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
[03:47:33]SAY: Steve Leaf/The Dreamweaver : OH FUCK IM CHOAKING (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #457359

King of the Hill is the best anime and everyone who disagrees is asking for a paddling