MSO: Give up your host vote for a second player vote.

General SS13 Chat
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

MSO: Give up your host vote for a second player vote.

Post by iamgoofball » #478265

MSO should either give up his vote for a second player vote, or start actually using it himself.

The administration makes up a incredible minority of the community, but gets double picks for headmin representation for the server despite this.

I do not have a problem with MSO having a vote, or voting for people. I have a problem with that vote being immediately just tossed to the admins so they get double picks.

Start using your vote, or start giving it to the portion of the community that is the majority, and the most impacted by changes made by the head administrators.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Re: MSO: Give up your host vote for a second player vote.

Post by Arianya » #478266

This isn't a policy matter.

MSO isn't required to even look here, let alone reply to this thread.

Take this to General Chat or something.
Policy Discussion Rules wrote:4.) This board is for discussing in-game administrative policy and rules, including in-game server configuration; coding policies and rules is discussed in #coderbus viewtopic.php?f=2&t=150
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #478322

he is using his vote, he's just using it in a way you don't like
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #478328

goof isn't entirely wrong, I trust MSOs judgement a lot more than the current headmin trio, especially considering they'll probably just put someone they candidated and will listen to them in
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #478343

That's a contradiction though. If you trust his judgement then you'd also trust his judgement that the current headmin trio will make a good decision.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #478344

BeeSting12 wrote:That's a contradiction though. If you trust his judgement then you'd also trust his judgement that the current headmin trio will make a good decision.
Him giving his vote is basically not picking, and its more of a default from when past headmins were better than an active choice

Since you need me to be over specific, I trust his judgement to pick a specific person to be headmin
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #478345

I think he'd step in if the pick is too stupid
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #478346

"give the vote to the election I've been second place in multiple times"

Lol okay goof
4dplanner
Byond Username: 4DPlanner
Github Username: 4dplanner

Post by 4dplanner » #478480

third vote has to go to a Terrymin

representation
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #478489

Arianya wrote:This isn't a policy matter.
Policy Discussion Rules wrote:4.) This board is for discussing in-game administrative policy and rules, including in-game server configuration; coding policies and rules is discussed in #coderbus viewtopic.php?f=2&t=150
>mfw admins refuse to let themselves be criticized about anything that isn't in game

fucking corrupt pig lmao
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #478494

I understand your brain is leaking out of your ears as the dementia sets in but you seem to have found your way to the wrong place and selected a quote unrelated to your response in any way.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #478503

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:I understand your brain is leaking out of your ears as the dementia sets in but you seem to have found your way to the wrong place and selected a quote unrelated to your response in any way.
are you physically incapable of reading comprehension, try reading that post and the quote again
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #478507

Include me in the fucking screencap
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #478512

Autism aside its a good idea, an admin can hardly criticize goof when they have just as much to lose as he does gain if this was made into a thing.
[this space reserved]
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #478551

You all seem to be under the impression that MSO does not see the consideration process, that he just tells the headmins to pick then runs off ignorant of who they might choose. He is well informed on the matter and is also consulted at length in the process.

If MSO thought the headmins were going to make a bad choice for the server he would step in.

If you trust his judgement then you also know he would do so.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #478799

Wouldn't it make more sense for the admins to give up their vote?
Aren't admins just supposed to be there to serve the players' interests (through enforcing rules which make the game more enjoyable)?
If the players want something that the admins would refuse because of it being an "administrative nightmare" or whatever, couldn't the admins who don't want to put in the work just stop being an admin? They're not being forced to go through the extra work of adminning, they're just doing it out of their love of the game and the desire to help make a better playing environment for everyone (and in return for their service, they get community recognition and the power to do an event or two).
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #478889

Can't wait to see shezza as headmin
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #478892

bawsed and hoppenpilled
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #478996

Implying anyone would vote, or can vote for shezza since they were permabanned for erp.
[this space reserved]
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #479390

Rustledjimm wrote:You all seem to be under the impression that MSO does not see the consideration process, that he just tells the headmins to pick then runs off ignorant of who they might choose. He is well informed on the matter and is also consulted at length in the process.

If MSO thought the headmins were going to make a bad choice for the server he would step in.

If you trust his judgement then you also know he would do so.
yeah but im pretty sure you were his host pick before so i dont trust his judgement all that much :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :d20: :d20: :d20: :face: :face: :tile: :monkey: :revolver: :igloves: :igloves: :heart: :heart: :cardborg: :honkman: :honkman: :honkman: :newcop: :newcop: :salt: :salt: :salt:
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #480997

Bawhoppennn wrote:Wouldn't it make more sense for the admins to give up their vote?
Aren't admins just supposed to be there to serve the players' interests (through enforcing rules which make the game more enjoyable)?
If the players want something that the admins would refuse because of it being an "administrative nightmare" or whatever, couldn't the admins who don't want to put in the work just stop being an admin? They're not being forced to go through the extra work of adminning, they're just doing it out of their love of the game and the desire to help make a better playing environment for everyone (and in return for their service, they get community recognition and the power to do an event or two).
or we could just stick with the current system where all parties involved get a chance to vote for a candidate they like

like, really, what's the issue here

-host vote goes to headmins who get some say in someone they would want to succeed them, carry on their policy, etc.
-admin vote goes to admins who can pick who they think has the most realistic policy and would get along best, or whatever reason you wanna pick
-players get to vote in someone who would enact policy they like and represent their interests (on paper, in practice it's name recognition, let's be honest)
Limey wrote:its too late.
4dplanner
Byond Username: 4DPlanner
Github Username: 4dplanner

Post by 4dplanner » #481012

third vote goes to coders
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #481162

Only if you want ASCII penis to win.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Post by Hornygranny » #481496

Arianya wrote:Only if you want ASCII penis to win.
ASCII penis was a Jannetty who never drew a dime after our feud, and we all remember who went over in that election brother. - HH
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #481498

Hornygranny wrote:
ASCII penis was a Jannetty who never drew a dime after our feud, and we all remember who went over in that election brother. - HH
you're getting your position back after I or ASCII penis wins
Vile Beggar
Byond Username: Vile Beggar

Post by Vile Beggar » #481499

Hornygranny wrote:
rare HG post collected
Spoiler:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImage
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #481849

iamgoofball wrote:
Hornygranny wrote:
Corporate wants you to spot the differences between these two pictures.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #481853

MisterPerson wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:
Hornygranny wrote:
Corporate wants you to spot the differences between these two pictures.
if I was ascii penis all along does this mean oranges is a pretender to my throne